[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a PS3 and PS4. I've only ever played tales of symphonia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (62KB, 485x303px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 485x303px
I have a PS3 and PS4. I've only ever played tales of symphonia

What takes game should I get? Bonus points if it has couch co-op
>>
They all have local co-op.

Play Graces f for the combat and fun skits. Story and characters are ass though.

Play Xillia so you can play Xillia 2 and have fun.

Play Berseria because it's very good. Skip Zesty, it's trash and you don't need to play it to enjoy Berseria.

>inb4 MUH VESPERIA PLAY VESPERIA HACK YOUR PS3 TO PLAY VESPERIA VESPERIAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fuck right off and keep dreaming about that PS4/Switch port you drones. It's a good game but it's not the best in the franchise.
>>
VESPERIA PLAY VESPERIA HACK YOUR PS3 TO PLAY VESPERIA VESPERIAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>379134082
Why would I have to hack my PS3 to play vesperia?

Is xillia bad?
>>
>>379134689

not sure if you really do need to hack it but the PS3 port is Japan only, it has a lot of new features and a new party member

If there's a fan translation thats probably why you need to hack it,

and for Zesteria, just watch the anime by UFOTable
>>
>>379134689

The good (complete) version of Vesperia is only available on PS3 and it's only in Japanese. To play it in English you have to hack your PS3 to change all the text. Or you can try to play along with a guide, but god help you if your place. The version that most EOP players have played is the XBox 360 version which is complete in of itself, but lacking a lot compared to the PS3 version (characters, entire story arcs, special moves, etc.)

Xillia's alright, but Xillia 2 is very very good. Since it's a sequel you'll need to play the first one to have any clue as to what's going on in it.
>>
>>379133037
Go Xillia. It's the most co-op focused in a sense since the battle system features pairs.
>>
>>379135219

Nah, the link system drove me and my friend crazy when we sat down to play it together. It was designed with a single player in mind. Graces f was the best experience we had- the camera was smart, and each character was very distinct and fun to play. Xillia was a step down for us since the linking assumes you can tether to any character at any time but that's not kosher for co-op.
>>
>>379134934
>>379135131
That's no problem, I live in japan and speak Japanese

Is berseria better than xillia?
>>
>>379136529
hell no
>>
>>379136529

I think so, it's the most fun I've had with a Tales game in a long time. Xillia isn't bad but outside of a few skits it's not particularly memorable in my opinion.
>>
>>379136607
>>379136865
Gaiz pls

Ok, let's try this. I'll be playing with my girlfriend who cares more about story and having a cute character to play as. She loved Colette in symphonia, for example
>>
>>379137026

Berseria's story was long but very fucking good. Part of why I enjoyed it so much. It was fun to play with a cast of anti-heroes and villains after so many games of goody two-shoes and kids as party members. The cast is more mature in general and the little kid in your party is a bad-ass cutie. I wasn't sure I'd like him but he ended up being worth protecting with my life. Eleanor and Velvet have their moments too.

Xillia has two versions of the same story- one from Jude's perspective, and one from Milla's. Most of the events are the same but there are a few segments that show different things because they're separated. It kind of meanders a bit and the espionage sub-plot is pants-on-head retarded. It has some awesome moments and great "oh shit" reveals, but the cast isn't really as fun to play around with. Elize is the cute kid and she's a shy and sweet little girl with an annoying as fuck mascot character. Other than that I guess there's Leia, but she's more ditzy and dumb girl next door than cute.

I'd recommend Berseria since you want story and a cute character to play as. Xillia falls short in that department.
>>
>>379137729
God bless bamco for Berseria.
>>
File: Troy.jpg (237KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Troy.jpg
237KB, 1280x720px
>>379134689

just get a cheap XBOX360 and play English Vesperia.

Troy Baker's Yuri is GOAT.
>>
>>379138574
>Playing tales in english
>Not learning Japanese for the sole purpose of playing tales games in jap
>>
>>379133037
Having just beat Berseria like ten minutes ago, I feel like shit. What can't this series ever have an ending that isn't a complete fucking downer, jesus christ.
>>
I played Vesperia recently. It would have been fun to me if I played it during its time, but now it's just decent game at best. Definitely not the overall best though.
>>
File: 1476129963948.jpg (219KB, 684x844px) Image search: [Google]
1476129963948.jpg
219KB, 684x844px
>>379139380

Bittersweet endings are DEEPER and MORE MATURE. Didn't you know? Happy endings are for kids, and Tales is definitely a franchise for mature gamers who appreciate mature themes and endings.
>>
>>379140101
Getting spoiled on the Xillia 2 ending was why I ended up dropping it after hearing just how incredibly harsh it is. I had no motivation to continue knowing that was coming.
>>
>>379139380

Tales of Graces had a happy ending including the new epilouge in F
>>
File: 1452239225125.jpg (731KB, 1500x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1452239225125.jpg
731KB, 1500x1063px
>>379140663

Graces f also has the most boring story, protagonist, and "main girl" of any Tales game I've played. Fucking Assbutt and Sophie and I WILL PROTECT. The skits, combat, and item system saved it.
>>
>>379141094

Yeah that story had some serious issues, it's predictable and lays "Powah of muh Friiendship" on way too thick

nitpick but I wish somebody in game would have bothered saying they can't kill Richard because not only would that be Regicide, he's literally the last of Windor Royality, which would doom the country.
>>
>>379138574

It's a shame Troy Baker is Union now.

Though Matthew Mercer makes a great Substitution.
>>
just finished Beseria, should I say fuck Zestiria and go pirate Tales of the Abyss? I never got to finish it back in the day, I think I got to the part where you find out That Luke is like a clone or something? Or the other guy was a clone of him?

I only have a PS4 and a PC right now.
>>
>>379141570
I actually paid real money for Berseria before people get upset, I would pay for Abyss too but there's no PS2 to PS4 thing for it, so I'm gonna have to emulate it.
>>
>>379141680

Abyss also has a 3DS port in case your interested
>>
>>379141570

Zesty is a pile of shit, play it if you can find it for <$10 and are morbidly curious.

Honestly I think Abyss is shit too, but at least it was properly finished and all the characters were equally annoying instead of one being the focal point of all my hatred. They also had proper development arcs and shit, and while some made more sense than others, they did fucking grow and change as a result of the story.
>>
>>379141775
Don't have a 2 or 3DS or I would.

>>379141930
What would you recommend on PS4 or PC then? I've played and finished Symphonia (fucking ages ago though) Vesperia and now Berseria.
>>
>>379142051

not that guy but Vesperia and Berseria are all thats on PS4, not counting the PS Now service
>>
>>379142051

Well, your options are limited to emulation if you only have a PS4 and PC and have played the current games and Symphonia.

I'm not kidding when I say this: emulate Tales of Phantasia. It's hard, being a SNES game full of outdated JRPG conventions, but it's the game that started it all. It's very fucking good for it's time. You can get the PSX version translated by AbsoluteZero and emulate it on your PC.

After that, I recommend emulating Innocence, even though only the vanilla version is available in English. It's the most underrated game in my opinion.
>>
>>379142370

different guy but I'm still pissed that Baba is literally the only reason we didn't get the Vita Port. And hes the one responsible for the Alisha/Rose Controversy. The whole story of Innocence with past livest and stuff sounds interesting.

Also want to play Rebirth if only for Eugene but we never got that either so if I ever way to play a game with him in it I'll have to play the crossover Radiant Mythology games on the PSP, and we never even got all 3 of them, unless the story's of each are unconnected
>>
>>379142235
the only one on PS Now is Zestiria, I checked.

>>379142370
How hard is it? I'd love to play an old school SNES game I never did when I was a kid. I'm just not interested in having an annoying time getting shit on or anything.
>>
>>379142980

It's grindy as all heck, there are encounters every few steps (actually down from the SNES version where the encounters were so frequent it was nigh impossible to get anywhere), and the dungeons are long with tons of encounters and no chances to rest to restore TP/HP. Typical design for that era. The bosses aren't incredibly difficult once you learn how to exploit a few moves. Also Magic Lenses are a thing, one of the few quirks I was glad to see die off as games matured.

It's just old. It was designed back when getting the most value from an RPG meant racking up a ton of time playing it, not finishing it quickly and playing dress-up on the replay.
>>
So was nothing announced at the festival? I'm surprised.
>>
I'm still fucking mad that the festival didn't announce anything worthwhile. I miss my foot.
>>
>>379134082
>>379135131
>>379135219
Fucking LOL.

Xillia 2 is utter trash.

Xillia 1 is a good game marred by some serious flaws. I mostly hate it for being the beginning of the trend toward Tales games no longer being co-op friendly.

Graces F is interesting. The main game is pretty okay. The future arc is excellent, and well worth waiting for.

>>379133037
Graces f > Xillia > literal garbage >>>>>>>> Xillia 2

Haven't played enough of Berseria or Zesteria to really recommend either, but the latter seemed pretty meh to me.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.