[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which MMO has the best large scale PvP? Nothing has ever come

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (614KB, 881x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
614KB, 881x300px
Which MMO has the best large scale PvP?

Nothing has ever come remotely close since DaoC
>>
EVE
>>
>>379132428
That's a good answer probably

Isn't it very very difficult to get into, though?
>>
>>379132428
OP specifically asked for the best. EVE large scale PvP is garbage. If you like the idea of an in-game mechanic that slows the in-game passage of time down, rubberbanding, and frequent disconnects then sure, by all means, play it. Don't try to pass it off as anything but archaic, janky bullshit though. Sure the idea of your group making another group of people lose tangible assets that can't easily be replaced and actually hold a calculable real world value to them sounds fun and awesome in theory, but in reality it's some of the most snooze worthy shit I've ever witnessed firsthand. Watching paint dry might actually be more rewarding than corporate warfare in EVE.
>>
>>379134335
OP also said large scale. Nothing else is large scale.
>>
>>379131835

ArcheAge sea combat was sweet. Being able to intercept Gallons, board and pillage was so satisfying. Too bad every published Korean MMO in the west is run by jews.
>>
>>379134562
>Nothing else is large scale.
Imposing your own arbitrary definition of "large" doesn't make it any more meaningful, anon.
>>
>>379135060
What is your arbitrary definition of large then? 100?
>>
ESO has a pretty big PvP zone. Most people play it for the PvE.

But in the end, it's MMO PvP.
>>
>>379134630
That's what I hear. I'm sad I missed it when it first came over to NA though.

It's completely unplayable now though, right? I hear it's P2W. VERY P2W.

>>379135249
I was thinking of trying ESO as well. It's pretty cheap for the base game.
>>
>>379131835
Archeage was amazing but last I played it was ruined by microtranscations completely. Interested in knowing if it's the same case for BDO.

Eso has solid large scale pvp that's super easy to get into, but I think it's more repetitive than BDO or AA because it's themepark versus sandbox
>>
File: 250px-AionTTE.jpg (36KB, 250x348px) Image search: [Google]
250px-AionTTE.jpg
36KB, 250x348px
aion for sure, abyss pvp raids were so good
>>
>>379135443
Cheap base game and a xpac came out, so it's probably gonna be decently populated.

Don't even attempt to play ArcheAge.

It is complete fucking garbage. Was good in beta/early release, now Trion ruined all that shit.
>>
>>379135476
>Interested in knowing if it's the same case for BDO.

Not nearly as bad.
BDO is much more "pay for convenience" than it is outright pay to win like Archeage.

Will you want to spend money in BDO? Yes, but you wont be at a huge fucking deficit if you don't.
>>
>>379135571
I'll probably check out ESO then. I hear the solo play is super braindead boring, though. That's too bad but I can deal with that if it means some nice wide scale PvP.
>>
>>379135732
how's the PvP compared to Arche Age? Is it the same deal or is it instanced? FFA PvP anytime in certain areas?
>>
>>379135836
>hear the solo play is super braindead boring, though

It's literally the best MMO for solo play EVER. Don't know where you heard that. You can literally just explore where ever you want, every quest has voice acting with a surprising attempt at a narrative, and there's tons of different shit to do.
>>
during its peak, archeage hands down, now a days the games too dead and everyone too established for anything to be going on anymore.
>>
>>379136070
All right all right, you sold me. It's like $10 so why not.
>>
>>379131835
Eve Online and Planetside 2
>>
Any of those questionable crowdsourced MMOs coming out have wide-scale PvP planned?

Camelot Unchained maybe?
Did Ashes of Creation talk about PvP stuff at all?
>>
>>379136151
not trying to shill but I've put 220+ hours into it so far and I usually hate theme park mmos. It's got a great balance of PvE and PvP, I doubt you'll regret it for $10
>>
>>379135936
You're gonna want to ask in the BDO general.
>>
>>379131835
if you're seriously looking for a PvP focused MMO you can take your chances with Darkfall Rise of Agon. It just officially launched a month ago. Absolutely no idea how it's doing
>>
>>379136680
I actually played Darkfall when it was in testing maybe 8 years ago.

From what I recall it's been through multiple dev teams, multiple re-releases, etc. Not sure if it's really worth playing honestly.
>>
>>379134335
EVE has the best large scale combat of any game ever made. The game isn't worth playing but none of that has to do with its large scale combat system.
>>
>>379136360
I just started playing ESO again after initially playing a fuckton at launch.

Probably going back to my nightblade even tho I hear they're pretty shit tier right now. I like the single-target DPS playstyle, plus he was the only character where I actually fucking finished all the zones for all 3 factions.
>>
>>379136273
Ashes is heading down a bad road. I had more hope before they started being so vocal about development. They're showing up a lot of red flags on over-promising.
>>
>>379131835
Archeage is dead and outright unplayable currently. Not even worth considering.

ESO is shit. Literally nothing worth mentioning whatsoever. If you're entertained by ESO, you're better off playing WoW or FFXIV, it is literally just a shittier version of those games.

BDO has some good ideas and good visuals, and the PVP is pretty decent. Nothing super groundbreaking and it has a lot of flaws and stupid design decisions, but it's like, 8 dollars with no sub, so probably your best bet.
>>
ace online
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.