[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gravity Rush

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: gravity rush.jpg (72KB, 472x600px) Image search: [Google]
gravity rush.jpg
72KB, 472x600px
What's the consensus on this game?

I'm a few hours in, and the MC is cute, but it's otherwise unremarkable.
>>
>>379125790
The GENERAL consensus is that it's autistic waifu bait. /v/ generally likes it, obviously, but you've got the right idea in that its unremarkable. The sequel changes nothing.
>>
>>379126353
Sure is murrican time
>>
>>379125790
Your initial assessment sounds like it pretty much covers it
>>
File: 44db00c609f8f2f3d720b161133768f0.jpg (392KB, 658x1880px) Image search: [Google]
44db00c609f8f2f3d720b161133768f0.jpg
392KB, 658x1880px
I think it's a great game despite none of the individual elements really adding up on their own. The story is half finished and the combat is mindless but despite that it has a whimsy to it, a genuine charm that pretty much nothing else in the last five or six years has really even attempted to have.

It's definitely one of those journey rather than the destination things.
>>
the game is not very good. 6/10 would be my score.

Like the music, art, cute characters.... But the gameplay could've been better. I bought part 2 expecting huge improvements but it was just more of the same but prettier.
>>
>>379129393
>it was just more of the same but prettier.
It improved pretty much everything from the first game though.
>>
File: 1395786081752.gif (368KB, 380x298px) Image search: [Google]
1395786081752.gif
368KB, 380x298px
the world/art/music is really neat
the mc is extremely likeable
flying around is fun for a bit

after the novelty wears off, flying really isn't that interesting a mechanic
but it's also so all-encompassingly useful that the game can't do anything with it other than turn it off, or have you fight some bad guys

the sequel has even more great characters, gorgeous settings/visuals, more great music, a more fun and involving story, and a really well-executed ending, but completely fails to make the core mechanics any more interesting

still really enjoyed them, though, especially 2
>>
>>379125790
Great everything except combat.
>>
The game is a joy to look at and listen to but a total pain in the ass to actually play. Flying around is fun initially but it's not smooth and it never feels natural. It also has One of the worst combat systems I've ever seen in a modern 3D action/adventure game (Gravity Kick until you get meteor special, rinse and repeat).
>>
>>379125790
It was a lot better than I expected it to be. One of the better Vita games.

It's pretty repetitive though but the events of the story left interesting questions but I was never inclined into buying GR2 because of the first one's repetitiveness.
>>
>>379129851
>but completely fails to make the core mechanics any more interesting
The gravity styles made getting around more than just flying everywhere and stasis fields are a lot more useful than in the first game since you don't start floating whenever you use one.
>>
>>379130273
>Flying around is fun initially but it's not smooth and it never feels natural.

Thats because it was desgined to be played in Vita with motion controls in mind.
>>
>>379130631
>The gravity styles made getting around more than just flying everywhere
i would have loved a game built entirely around lunar jumping. chaining wall kicks and long jumps was some next-level mario shit and deserved better... because it takes twice the time and effort of pointing, flying, and then maybe holding x if i'm impatient

if player has to actively ignore central mechanics and deliberately gimp themselves to make the game enjoyable, that's a problem with the game
>>
>>379131056
>because it takes twice the time and effort of pointing, flying, and then maybe holding x if i'm impatient
Eh, it's fine for making short trips and conserving energy.
>>
File: 1479667796085.jpg (48KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1479667796085.jpg
48KB, 512x384px
>>379125790
The gameplay is horribly repetetive and the combat is full on fustrating shit

The story also wasn't well thought out at all and introduces several times more questions than answers

mediocre ass game, I hope the sequel is better
>>
>made with motion control in mind
It's shit
>>
File: 1475537603485.png (212KB, 419x325px) Image search: [Google]
1475537603485.png
212KB, 419x325px
Is the physical PS4 version still $300
>>
>>379125790
Mediocre game with interesting ideas and cute characters. The sequel is significantly better in my opinion as it's longer, has more abilities, and more things to do but it's still not an amazing game.
>>
>>379133512
Don't know about US, but it's like 14 bucks new in EU
>>
I'm a pretty big fan but I can't deny that the combat is merely functional at best. Still, I really dig its atmosphere across the board, I find it fun to just fly and slide around everywhere, and Kat is probably my favorite vidya character from this decade. I think it's a "diamond in the rough" scenario, like there's something to be appreciated here but you have to look past some rough edges to get to it. I can, but I also understand if others can't - these games are charming, but far from perfect.
>>
>>379133681
>I find it fun to just fly and slide around everywhere,
yep, which is why the second game is so much better. Once you get far and the world completely opens up there is a lot to explore.
>>
>>379125790
I don't get waifu shitposting but some challenges are pretty hard.
It was a fun game on the vita and it didn't get much traction until the ps4.
It's better played as a handheld game.
>>
>>379125790
Unremarkable is a good word for it. It was a game that prided itself on its flying mechanic, but even that was entirely disappointing. Probably the least imaginative way you can build flying into a game despite being based on a really fun idea. Where's the fucking momentum? Why I can't I fling myself around? Why the hell does it confine you to "point somewhere, move there at a near-invariable pace until you hit the stop button"? And why the hell not build combat to be physics based if the games primary mechanic is control of gravity?
>>
>>379133829

I ultimately think the second game is better too - combat did have more variety (even if stasis was broken as hell), the world felt FAR livelier, online functionalities like scavenger hunts keep the game alive beyond the main game, and lunar style was super fun just to fuck around with. But I also loved the first and really did want a sequel so I'm happy that GR2 happened and that I loved it too.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.