[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have zero faith in Ubisoft's ability to save this franchise,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

I have zero faith in Ubisoft's ability to save this franchise, what would you do if you were responsible for saving it and had full creative control?
>>
I would start by making every hero character a poc or queer (preferably both). Also it's about time we had a trans assassin, a perspective as unique as that would make for a very interesting gameplay experience
>>
>>379125231
/thread
>>
>>379124940
Bring back Ezio with some weird artifact shenanigans. Put Ezio in some era that we haven't played through yet.

Old fans would come rushing out to buy it just for Ezio.
>>
Have a clear end goal for the modern plot and actually do something with it. There's been 4 games since 3 and it's only just getting to something.
>>
>>379124940
I dont get this. Whats shit about the franchise? The only games I could see being actually shit were AC3 and AC Syndicate both of which had bugs and technical problems.
>>
>>379125615
>Bring back Ezio

Can you please stop with this retarded shit. He was a good protag but dont stretch it.
>>
>>379126284
>modern plot

Who cares?
>>
>>379125615
If Ubisoft was right about one thing, it's that we had too much fucking Ezio.
>>
>>379125615
>Old fans would come rushing out to buy it just for Ezio.

No I fucking wont. If anything I wanted that Russian campaign based on Cross from the side comic.
>>
>>379127215

I do, well did. Them dropping Juno's rant at the end of Brotherhood still pisses me off.
>>
>>379124940
I don't the think the formula is bad, just getting old.

I would unironically make it more cinematic and bring in more variety in story segments and setpieces. They should stop trying to fill up the games with boring content and make more focused and memorable moments.
>>
>>379127515
So that more SJW bullshit could be inserted? Fuck off
>>
>>379124940
Make a story on how the war between Assassins and Templars started that takes place thousands of years ago right at the collapse of the first civilization.
>>
>>379124940
Make more games based on the Templar. Or even start a new series with Templars creed or some shit. Go down the path of rogue.
>>
Isn't the next game rumored to be a reboot? If that's true that's an awful lot of wasted continuity.
>>
So who is the modern day protagonist now? Last one I played was 4 and you were just some generic intern or something at a templar owned game company.
>>
>>379127697
>Go down the path of rogue.
Bloody hell no. Rogue is the worst non-mobile AC game.
>>
>>379127787
The Animus became a cloud based program after 4. So the modern protag is always a "literally who"?
>>
File: what.jpg (19KB, 400x269px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
19KB, 400x269px
>>379127837
>Bloody hell no. Rogue is the worst non-mobile AC game.

Yeah.........nah
>>
>>379127587
Maybe have something where Eve betrays Adam and steals the Apple thus creating the first Assassin and Templar.
>>
>>379126284
>There's been 4 games since 3 and it's only just getting to something
Fucking how? Present day has been awful after 3. Ditch first person and go back to traditional modern era. More 4th wall breaking like in AC2 where the past and present actually connects, and BOTH assassins are aware of it. Maybe do something with Desmond's son.

Also, make player feel like a real assassin again. More mystery needs to surround the artifacts from the beginning of the game and not be introduced until the end. Better final boss fights sounds good as well because the last two fucking sucked
>>
>>379128032
>Maybe have something where Eve betrays Adam and steals the Apple thus creating the first Assassin and Templar.

That sounds incredibly retarded. Have you played the games?
>>
>>379127787
>So who is the modern day protagonist now?

There isn't one. You play as a nameless, voiceless "You" now in whatever context the game drops you in (in 4 and Rogue you were a new Abstergo Entertainment employee, in Unity you were some random person playing a game on their PC that was an undercover recruitment tool for assassin initiates, in Syndicate you were that same person who won the game and is now an initiate.)

Honestly it's such a mess at this point I don't know how they'll resolve it.
>>
>>379127862
Are they still using the dna of Desmond for all the research?
>>
File: 1476158309798.jpg (28KB, 386x338px) Image search: [Google]
1476158309798.jpg
28KB, 386x338px
>>379127787
>>379127862
>>379128092
>Last one I played was 4 and you were just some generic intern or something at a templar owned game company.
Present day should have just ended after three
>>
>>379127985
It is. The entire thing is pieces of AC4 copy and pasted together into "ORIGINAL GAME DO NOT STEAL" and it looks and runs like complete shit. It also has the absolute worst whiny emo moralfag protagonist I've ever seen in a video game.
>>
>>379127787

4:Nameless faceless Ubisoft employee (no seriously) who starts feeding the assassin's info.
Rogue:Another nameless faceless ubisoft employee who ends up joining the Templar
Unity/Syndiate: Faceless nameless pleb at home playing Abstergo's animus game console who gets recruiting by the assassin's.
>>
the pirate one was my favorite one because I forgot it was a jade's ass game
>>
>>379128251
His and any other ones as well. Its all uploaded the Animus cloud. By 4 the animus had become an entertainment product and you an Abstergo employee who is researching Desmond's memories to create a pirate VR type experience. In Unity you are one of the customers.
>>
>>379128251

Yes, they nicked his brain after he died and digitized all his ancestor's memories. Everyone's using that data.
>>
File: SC.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
SC.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>379128341

>AC4 copy
They announced that from the get go you retard.

>it looks and runs like complete shit
It was made for the PS3 and it ran perfectly. It actually maintained 30fps which Unity, the next gen game couldn't even do amongst other problems.

>whiny emo moralfag protagonist
Yeah....now Im SURE you never played it.
>>
>>379124940
>Save
Brotherhood and Black Flag is the only games that's not shit
>>
>>379126284
Fun fact: Ubisoft already knows how they want to end it, and they've had the ending written down and finalized since at least 2013. But Yves Guillemot (the short French guy who can barely speak English who's on stage with Aisha Tyler at E3 every year) wants to milk it for every last dime it's worth until everyone is completely sick of it and no one wants AC anymore, then end it.
>>
>>379128610
Damn. He really got the shit end of the stick in this series.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.