[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Bethesda so shit? >Horrible outdated engine is years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: howardx-large[1].jpg (29KB, 490x363px) Image search: [Google]
howardx-large[1].jpg
29KB, 490x363px
Why is Bethesda so shit?

>Horrible outdated engine is years behind everyone else
>No one can code
>Poor quality control
>Shit game design leads to nonsensical leveling and skill systems

Yet all these problems can be looked past if a game has good writing and is designed fundamentally to be a good role playing experience as we've seen in New Vegas and yet

>Barely any effort is given to story elements, character writing, quest design, or atmosphere at all

What is their excuse? They take years in between each game, and yet they still end up shipping shallow. I swear to god there are 2 programmers at the entire company and the rest of the team are incredibly lazy drones that create a game using an abortion of a suped up creation kit.

I can't think of a more incompetent AAA developer. With other studios, you can at least see they are shitty SJW farms, but Bethesda is just shit at its job.
>>
They made important games a long time ago and have an extremely high marketing budget and a great spokesman. Their fans have been fixing their games for well over a decade so they don't even have to try.
>>
Todd isn't going to be too happy about this...
>>
>Every time a tech person uses their games as a benchmark.
>"Bethesda games aren't optimized well." "Fallout 4 doesn't seem to work with any configuration of hardware, must be something I'm doing wrong..." "Game doesn't look much better on my upgraded pc." "Skyrim HD isn't hitting it's full resolution, maybe I didn't install the DLC."

A million and one excuses are made for this shit company is Todd paying them all off or does he do mafia shit in the background?
>>
Games made by plebs for plebs.
>>
Most people, including those on this board don't care about quality.

Why do you think fastfood is popular? Why do Polk speakers sell? Why do people go for cheap shit TVs like Haier and Westinghouse?

Nobody has standards anymore
>>
>>379121371
i can smell the fedora from this post
>>
And I can smell the poorfag from yours.

Get back to your walmart job D'quan, they aren't paying you to shitpost on your phone.
>>
>>379121229

>mafia shit in the background

Yes, jewish mafia - the name of the CEO is Altman, who was under federal investigation.
>>
File: 1493934765427.png (367KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1493934765427.png
367KB, 800x430px
>>379120612
PUT YOUR HANDS UP MOTHERFUCKER. I GIVE YOU 5 SECONDS TO APOLOGIZE AND SHOW ME YOUR FALLOUT 4 PURCHASE RECEIPT BEFORE I TURN YOU INTO SWISS CHEESE.
>>
>>379121814
I didnt like Fallout 4 officer.
>>
>>379120612
The bigger question is why people like the swill they churn out
>>
>>379121631
>He can't even quote properly.
Go back to bed, Jimmy.
>>
File: 1496539614727.jpg (201KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
1496539614727.jpg
201KB, 800x733px
why don't we ask todd himself?
>>
File: 1478156028212.jpg (207KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478156028212.jpg
207KB, 1440x1080px
>>379122778
TODD
HOW COULD YOU
>>
They just got into that whole "accessible" mindset and tried to make games you can play while sleepwalking. In Fo4 if you want to be a good guy you pick the bottom dialog choice 90% of the time without thinking. Same bullshit as Mass Effect.
>>
File: 1447388325860.jpg (11KB, 204x281px) Image search: [Google]
1447388325860.jpg
11KB, 204x281px
>Mention that modding TES games into "new games" isn't actually possible because of how terrible gamebryo's stability is, on top of the fact that there are no mods that change the core gameplay enough to be salvageable
The rage that gamebryo embryo's feel knowing that they can't refute these two points is enough fuel for me to not need to eat for several weeks at a time.
>>
>Said Skyrim would be a new engine
>it wasn't
>Said Fallout 4 would be a new engine
>it wasn't
>they get away with it because you can create a legally distinct entity solely in name that doesn't have to use any different code whatsoever
>>
>>379120612
I mean they gave us the fallout series. Gotta count for something. Without Bethesda's influence and the groundwork of fallout 3, new vegas would never exist
>>
>>379123673
you like dancing close to the fire, dont you?
>>
>>379123578
It's been a decade.
How much longer can they keep doing this?

>I mean they gave us the fallout series.
1/10, nobody's that dumb.
>>
>>379122778
FUCK YOU TODD
>>
>>379122778
Son of a biiiitch
>>
File: 400px-khan.jpg (11KB, 400x242px) Image search: [Google]
400px-khan.jpg
11KB, 400x242px
>>379122778
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODD
>>
>>379123815
>How much longer can they keep doing this?
People bought Fallout 4 despite hundreds of warnings and signs that it would be the same fucking shit littered with bugs, floaty physics, non-responsive weapons, and grade-school writing. They could literally put a turd in a plastic case and people would dump $60 on it, because bethesda is le nerd culturr, don't you want to be hip and geeky?
>>
>>379124616
>People paid $200 for a cardboard box pipboy
>>
>>379121371
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>379120612
>You better not say Fallout 4

Will the critical reception be enough to stem the tide of Beth shovelware or did it sell as much as Skyrim?
>>
>>379121371
At least the stuff you compared it to -is- cheaper. Bethesda games aren't, even.
>>
>>379120612
>talking with a friend of a friend about games
>mention that I feel Oblivion was good but started the downfall of the ES series, and Skyrim was trash, Morrowind is the best in the series
>he claims I am full of shit and that "everyone he knows" thinks Skyrim was amazing and Morrowind was shit
>tell him that, as a huge Fallout fan, Fallout 3 and 4 are beyond garbage that insults the first two games
>he claims they are the best, despite having never finished the story
>"it's all the cool moments, like that gas station rigged with all the booby traps! You just don't have that in old games. "
>tell him the first two had cool shit like that and more, with much more in depth role playing options and far better writing
>" Dude, weren't they like turn based or something? How can you have cool things like that when it is turn based? Those games are old so they can't be as good as newer games. "

These are the people that keep Bethesda tbe way it is.
>>
>>379121371
>Why do Polk speakers sell?
That's a radical way of misspelling Bose.
>>
>>379124616
And moat reviews claimes the bugs ADDED to tbe experience. Jesus....
>>
>>379120612
Its very simple. People keep buying it regardless. Gaming, even PC gaming specifically is no longer a niche hobby for nerds and shut ins. This is a huge market now comparable to music and film, and with that are millions of people who will happily eat recycled shit year after year. There's no going back. The days of AA development are over. The balance of passion with product and profit is gone. Creating a competitive title with modern visuals, sound design etc costs too much money. It encourages only safe investment, margin reduction and so on. The best we can hope for is more diamonds among the rough simply due to sheer volume of games being released, but even that seems to slow as indie devs/startups are bought out or just give up because they want to be able to feed themselves.

The industry is fucked and we as consumers are fucked.
>>
>>379120612
Billions upon billions of marketing dollars.
Brainwashes the fuck out of the masses and all that money spent making "trustworthy" reviwers give their products near perfect scores brainwashes them further.
>>
File: 1492562192824.jpg (93KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
1492562192824.jpg
93KB, 449x401px
>>379122778
You sly motherfucker
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.