[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of all portable platforms old and new, which one is the best?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

Out of all portable platforms old and new, which one is the best?
>>
Vita
>>
File: neogeopocket.jpg (49KB, 500x424px) Image search: [Google]
neogeopocket.jpg
49KB, 500x424px
>>
psp
>>
psp
>>
switch
>>
DS. You get the DS and GBA liblaries.

Though Vita is close contender, since it gets PS1, PSP and Vita games. And has insanely nice screen.
>>
Nokia N-gage
>>
Why can't they just make a modern day Xperia play?
I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat
>>
>>379118046
Vita 2000 > Vita 1000 > DS Lite > PSP Go > n3DS XL > GBA > GBC

Thats how I rank the ones I own.
>>
DS
>>
Mobile phone. I have DS, PSP, and everything older, including gen 5 systems.
>>
>>379118046
in terms of library breadth, ds
>>
It should have been the Vita, it really should have been.
>>
I think I played DS the most of any console I've owned, and 3ds is second.
>>
>>379118901
not with that memory stick bullshit. Thank god nintendo swooped in to pick up the pieces
>>
n3ds, with freeshop and r4 card loaded with ds and gba roms
>>
>>379118046
In terms of capability and functionality it's the Vita.
In terms of exclusive games it's a draw between the GBA, DS, and 3DS.
>>
>>379118046
The Vita no question
>>
>>379118046
GameBoy
>>
>>379118046
Psp and NDS lite (I would say new 3ds but I'm not sure if it can play t's titles)
>>
GBA undoubtedly.

sonykikes please leave
>>
>>379118046
the ngage. it was also a phone.
>>
GBA SP. Not only because of the games, but because it changed everything with the rechargeable battery and backlit screen. Every GBA game felt new again.
>>
>>379120208
PSP can emulate the entire GBA library

whoops you're ignorant to the subject huh haha
>>
>>379118046
Depends on many factors.
Homebrew: Vita
Vanilla: DS
>>
the iPhone
>>
>>379118046
OG Game Boy. If you disagree, you're too young to be here
>>
>>379118046
3DS. Runner up is the GBA, and it's not even close.
>>
File: Sony-PSP-3000-Booya-Gadget.jpg (26KB, 480x292px) Image search: [Google]
Sony-PSP-3000-Booya-Gadget.jpg
26KB, 480x292px
PSP honestly. and I exclude CFW in that judgement because I didn't mess with it much beyond the -1000 model's lifetime.

It's got great sound, visuals, the form factor (especially on the -3000) is literally perfect. the extended battery gives you a better grip and insane battery life for a portable system; access to nearly all the classic PS1 games and a ton of noteworthy titles for the system itself, the memory stick sucked at first but it became a standard across a lot of Sony devices unlike the Vita's garbage cards. It's everything I wanted from the successor to the GBA SP, but Nintendo is still stroking their two-screen boner I guess. If/when they make another single screen handheld system (the Switch is not this) that'll probably take the throne in my heart. Until then, hail to the king, baby.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.