[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this series bring out the worst in /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: wallpaper-0497c.jpg (63KB, 640x312px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-0497c.jpg
63KB, 640x312px
Why does this series bring out the worst in /v/?
>>
they've never played a game on hard mode
>>
>>379117871
Overrated meme shit that gets spammed everywhere. It's basically the capeshit of /v/.
>>
haters gonna hate hate hate
>>
Blame Dark Souls 2
>>
File: Souls easy mode.png (25KB, 1775x327px) Image search: [Google]
Souls easy mode.png
25KB, 1775x327px
>>379117871
Le hard meme
>>
>>379117871
Overzealous fanboys that shove these games down everybody's throats at every opportunity. Nobody likes annoying dickriders. Most of the series is pretty fun though.
>>
File: Mandatory Souls Games.jpg (306KB, 1198x827px) Image search: [Google]
Mandatory Souls Games.jpg
306KB, 1198x827px
Because it has objectively shit entries that people like to defend.
>>
Prepare to Die meme
PC ports
Bloodborne exclusivity

Just a mixture of shit in a shit pot.
>>
>>379117871
Define "the good in /v/"
>>
File: oomph.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
oomph.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>379117871
Because the 2 best games in the series exist on Sony platforms only, and any day now another Sony exclusive one is going to be announced
>>
>>379118641
Waifu threads
>>
>>379118767
IS That bloodborne? holy shit I got to get my ps4 faster.
>>
>>379117871
they've invested their self worth into them, so the criticisms or failures of the games become criticisms or failures of them as individuals.
>>
>>379118843
No, that's skyward sword
>>
Because it's an unparalleled masterpiece as a series that is on everyone's favorite games of all time list and everyone thinks what they like most about it is what matters and that their favorite game is objectively the best
>>
>>379118767
Bloodborne is overrated meme shit that is just as glitchy and bland as all the other games int he series can be, yet it's praised so much here because it's exclusive. Seriously, Dark souls 3 and Bloodborne as just as shit as each other in so many ways yet people shit on 3 but praise BB for the same garbage, like linearity and world design. They're basically identical in the quality of both of those yet no one says BB is bad because of it, yet people say DaS 3 is bad because of the same shit.

DeS is pretty good but it's not the best. Dark Souls is the best game ins the series.
>>
/v/ has a notorious hateboner against Sony, and it just so happens two of the best games are exclusive to Sony consoles.
>>
That's not true. These are almost the only game I can seriously talk about here. In fact I'll make a thread about it
>>
>>379117871
*goldface*
>>
>>379119121
No, it's praised so much because it's the best one and you have goldface syndrome.

I literally started with the series on PC with DaS1, and I played DaS3 on my GTX1080 rig.

Literally BB is the best one.

I say this as someone who has put nearly 1k hours into each one on PC. Bloodborne is the better actual game and the one I'll remember the most.

I literally hope the next one is PS4 exclusive despite having a good PC. How's that make you feel anon?
>>
>>379119121
>>379120526
I'm actually in the same boat. RX 480. Really well-performing PC. Absolutely love my "baby."
But Bloodborne is the best in the series, and perhaps one of the best games I've ever played. I own a PS4 because of how much I appreciate Bb.
I get that you're trying to be edgy and say that a game that is pretty much universally enjoyed is "shit," but literally no one cares.
It's an excellent game, and well worth everyone's play.
Also BY FAR the best plot in the franchise.
>>
>>379117871
I just noticed, from Demon Souls to Dark Souls III, you can see the MC sitting down hopelessly, slowly getting the strength to stand up with each iteration, where BloodBorne guy is facing backwards representing the other direction the company took with that game, and Dark Souls III guy ready to face fate.
>>
>>379117871
Because it brings out the reddit
>>
all the games from this series are great. I'm a fan. Although all the other games from this developer suck. They are kind of a one trick pony in a way when you think about it. I don't think FromSoft will ever be able to create something that doesn't rely on the Souls formula.
>>
>>379117871
Yep. this thread sure confirms it.
>>
File: IMG_0751.png (41KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0751.png
41KB, 666x666px
>>379121846
>>
>>379118767
in just this short webm, look at the amount of gorgeous fucking artistry on display. god this game has so much detail packed into it.
>>
>>379121384
>Also BY FAR the best plot in the franchise.
What? BB hardly has a coherent plot. IT's the entire point of the mythos but that's still the case.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.