[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw a DLC villain is better than the main game's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 272
Thread images: 48

File: ElijahHolographicScreen.png (111KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
ElijahHolographicScreen.png
111KB, 512x512px
>yfw a DLC villain is better than the main game's
>>
The main game doesn't have a villain.
>>
>>379111706
I'd say Legate Lanius counts. He acts as the final boss in anything other than a Legion run, and is a pretty huge shithead to boot.
>>
>>379111706
Correction: the main game allows you to choose your villain.
Too bad Elijah is a better villain than any of the ones you can choose.
>>
>>379111706
Yeah and NV sucks because of it. No concrete bad guy and its marrred in 2deep4u shit
>>
>>379111706
Caesar is the main villain basically. You can whack him early but they tear you apart
>>
File: takingthebait.jpg (96KB, 890x656px) Image search: [Google]
takingthebait.jpg
96KB, 890x656px
>>379112514
Whatever it takes to keep the thread alive, right?
>>
File: 1491254735031.png (71KB, 482x428px) Image search: [Google]
1491254735031.png
71KB, 482x428px
>>379112002
>>379112708
profligates leave
this is a legion board
>>
>>379112708
Kimball is the real enemy.
>>
File: 1491353298585.png (71KB, 205x362px) Image search: [Google]
1491353298585.png
71KB, 205x362px
Since we're talking about Dead Money I should link this mod.
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54401/?
>>
File: tw3 man of mirrors.png (254KB, 309x444px) Image search: [Google]
tw3 man of mirrors.png
254KB, 309x444px
>>379111627
Hi, I'm the devil, and infinitely more spooky than the Wild Hunt
>>
File: Lamb_d45e0f_1547830.jpg (102KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lamb_d45e0f_1547830.jpg
102KB, 429x600px
>>379112708
you just chose one of the 3 bad endings rather than the 1 good ending.
>>
>>379112815
Yep setting the world right back on a path for the deluge pt 2.
>>
>>379113052
I like the idea that they can see you no matter how hard you try to stay hidden. It makes the situation more tense, and since they've had 200 years to adapt to the Cloud and learn every corner of the Villa it makes sense why they're able to track down anyone so easily. I wouldn't install it.
>>
>>379113052
>Clearly, it was intended for it to be very easy to sneak past them

Really? It being very easy to sneak past them doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. If there IS a bug which makes it genuinely impossible to sneak past then that's something to be fixed, but they should have a reasonably good Perception. 6-7 or so.
>>
>>379113207
>>379113729
What actually happened is that the team working on Dead Money wanted to give the Ghost People 0 PER, but 0 in the absolutely wonderful Gamebryo engine means infinite.
>>
>>379111706
For all intents and puposes Caesar's Legion was one.
Granted the devs didn't had enough time to fully flesh them, but at this stage only edgy kids with something to prove unironically side with them.
>>
>>379114131
Well, whether this was a mistake of the creators or not, I still think that having the Ghost being incredibly perceptive makes the most sense and makes the game more interesting.
If it was unintentional I consider it a happy mistake.
>>
>>379111627
I know I'm going to get shit but I loved Ulysses.

Like, for real. The idea of someone with no connection to you who was damaged by an action you saw as menial really appeals to me.

LR was my favorite DLC.
>>
>>379114308
Benevolent Mr. House ending reporting in.
>>
>>379114308
I might just be a sucker for cheap philosophy, but meeting Caesar in person and hearing his motives does always allow me to look at the Legion with new eyes and makes me question whether or not the Wasteland would be better off with them.
>>
>>379112782

Lanius doesn't even follow the ideals of the Legion, bro. He's literally a murderous savage who follows Caesar because Caesar beat him and cut his face off. Once Caesar out of the picture he goes full-tilt kill crazy lunatic mode on just about everyone.
>>
>>379113207
Yeah, I figured that this was the original intention for Dead Money. Pretty sure when you ask Elijah about the nature of the ghost people he tells you to either fight (and mutitlate) or simply run away.
>>
>>379114391
This, the way Ulysses was written came across as pretentious because of how needlessly cryptic it was, but once you get what he's about he's a pretty great villain.
>>
>>379113729
>>379113207
They should have shit PER because the Hazmat suits were not designed with being good safety equipment in mind. They were deliberately made to become stiff over time, to rust shut when exposed to the Cloud, to limit vision despite the night vision effect and make it all but impossible to communicate verbally due to making it hard to talk and even harder to hear. After 200 years of mutation the people inside only react to loud noises. Being found by them is meant to be a horrible fate, Dean goes on and on about how you should avoid them and never get spotted by them.

That's why they have slow, jerky movements and why they were given 0 PER to begin with.
>>
>>379114494
Caesar bases his philosophy upon Hegel, the problem is that he got them completely wrong and his faction is a philosophical abomination.
>>
>>379115139
>he got them completely wrong
Explain how
>>
File: lego fetishist.png (140KB, 480x603px) Image search: [Google]
lego fetishist.png
140KB, 480x603px
Does Bloody Mess actually make Dead Money easier? It seems like it would.
>>
>>379114391
>>379114854
Honestly, I think the only people who hate Ulysses are the same people who can only amount his character to "LOL BEAR AND BULL"

Following his trails and learning about him from other NPCs and notes from the other DLCs was awesome to me.

I also loved to just ask him questions during the LR. I find almost everything about his character to be interesting, from his general way of speaking to his background as a tribal.
>>
>>379114308
Idk, caesars legion is basically the replacement of the enclave. Yes, they are immoral, but at the same time they are probably the best hope for humanity out of all the presented options. DESU most of the bad guys in the later fallouts are pretty reasonable and imo begged and obsidian designed their backstories well. Eden wants to put FEV in the water to kill all the mutards and Caesar (assuming he gets a good karma +Caesar alive+Good individual factions ending) is probably the best ending
>>
>>379114537
I don't think he is as brutish and savage as everyone in the Legion tries to depict him. When you finically meet him he is certainly brutal yes, but he seems pretty levelheaded and intelligent as well.

He comes off to me as a very self-centered person that prefers the shock and awe style warfare. But I think he also takes a lot of pride in being a militaristic leader and having others look to him for strength.
>>
>>379115983
Most civilizations have had very rough beginnings; I don't think there's ever been a successful empire that didn't rely its foundation on slave workers. Give it some time and the Legion could become something far greater than NCR or even House could ever be.
Just imagine going back to the Classical Era only in post nuclear America.
>>
File: safety_off (1).jpg (39KB, 643x580px) Image search: [Google]
safety_off (1).jpg
39KB, 643x580px
>>379114854
>>379115479
I love you boys. Seems like the minority opinion, but it was such a fitting ending to the Courier's story. Ulysses was actually kind of this observation of RPGs in general, with small bullshit quests you see as +80xp actually can mean something and effect others.
>>
File: knife-ear.jpg (244KB, 1000x934px) Image search: [Google]
knife-ear.jpg
244KB, 1000x934px
>>379111627
>>
I don't know, I liked the dude.
>>
File: Doctor_Mobius.jpg (971KB, 1728x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor_Mobius.jpg
971KB, 1728x1080px
>>379116450
Fuck forgot pic.
>>
>>379115257
Niga, I played this game 6 and a half years ago.
Lemme catch up and if you are around at this time within 3 days I could give you a full answer on that.

I know that I was like "wtf is that dude talking about" It's like you attempt to create a communist utopia with Milton Friedman.
>>
File: feelsstop.jpg (6KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
feelsstop.jpg
6KB, 208x250px
>>379116540
He is too pure for this world.
>>
>>379111627
Crazy fucking old coot. What's up with brotherhood putting collars on everything?
>>
File: Yuri_red_alert.jpg (376KB, 1541x964px) Image search: [Google]
Yuri_red_alert.jpg
376KB, 1541x964px
Well, not a DLC really...more of a old school expansion.
>>
>>379111627
too bad he's stuck in a garbage dlc
>>
>>379116548
>It's called Hegelian Dialectics
>Thesis and Antithesis come together to create Synthesis
>Legion will conquer NCR and together will be better than either alone

If you can't remember the basics of his argument you have no place saying he got it completely wrong. So when you have an answer for how he got "Hegel completely wrong" you can get back to me
>>
File: Yahgbroker.png (358KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
Yahgbroker.png
358KB, 333x500px
>>
>>379116813
Yuri was the villain in the original and expansion
>>
>>379116943

Not as central.
>>
File: for what purpose.jpg (9KB, 364x366px) Image search: [Google]
for what purpose.jpg
9KB, 364x366px
>>379116647
Mobius was fucking awesome.

Jesus boys I just did that quest again for the first time time in a couple years and it was strangely compelling all over again
>>
>>379116819
Fuck off
>>
>>379117003
>Mind controls Premier
>Frames a general
>Premier gets "sick" and takes power officially
Seemed central to me
>>
>>379116540
>>379116647
First time I played through OWB I thought it was so stupid. The weapons, characters, dialogue, pretty much everything. I killed Mobius and also all of the Think Tanks then got out of there asap

After replaying it and actually listening to all the dialogue and exploring all building/terminal/notes I felt so fuckin bad for previously killing Mobius. He is bro-tier as fuck. No man has ever done less wrong.

OWB went from being my most hated to my favorite, and I fucking hate doing science/energy builds on top of that.
>>
>>379115479
>Following his trails and learning about him from other NPCs and notes from the other DLCs was awesome to me.

fucking this. I remember when the game came out, before the DLC's. And the guy from Primm mentioned about how he turned away from the job and he saw Courier 6 name on the list. I was so curious, and then every fucking DLC mentioned him, Jesus. I was really happy when I got to play LR.
>>
File: Akachi Mask of Betrayer.jpg (328KB, 1395x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Akachi Mask of Betrayer.jpg
328KB, 1395x1039px
Do expansions count?
>>
>>379117092
go fellate a bear trap you collar wearing fag enabler
>>
>>379113104
He was a bro the other guy deserved death.
>>
>>379117487

I'm sure the whole deal with the spoon was justified.
>>
>>379117564
He interrupted an interesting conversation.
>>
File: Eliphas_and_Araghast.jpg (357KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Eliphas_and_Araghast.jpg
357KB, 1280x1024px
Not really DLC...but these two in their expansions.
>>
>>379116871
So what happens when it's the NCR who beats the Legion? Then the entire ideology is garbage.

Also dialectic materialism is build through discussions and not though application force, that's censorship and might makes right barbarism.

And why should I remember shit that is wrong after 6 years?
>>
>>379118072
If the NCR defeats the Legion the NCR learns nothing and keeps advancing until it collapses on itself. If the Legion defeats the NCR they intent to absorb their culture and apply it onto the Legion, turning it into something different that will be much more durable than the band of nomadic warriors they currently are.
Caesar is the one operating on Hegelian Dialectics, not NCR.
>>
>>379118072
>make claim
>can't back it up
Yeah, nah, fuck off
>>
>>379118072
It won't happen. The NCR assimilates, not absorbs (see desert rangers, ranger unification treaty). Caesar wants the best of the legion and the ncr, ncr wants all ncr and only not, good or bad
>>
>>379114391
I liked him a lot too.
>>
File: Good Courier.png (172KB, 415x564px) Image search: [Google]
Good Courier.png
172KB, 415x564px
>>379118072
Yes anon, you are right, only support the NCR, fight our wars for us.
>>
>>379118072
>confusing Caesar's use of Hegelian Dialectics with Dialectical Materialism
Are you just trying to sound smart now? A quick Google search says they're very different things. Caesar says he'll conquer NCR because it's historically inevitable that an outside force conquers and reforms it. As far as I can tell, that's completely contrary to the way Marx and Engels viewed the world.
>>
>>379118072
You shouldn't have to remember, that is until you decide to make a claim about it.
>>
>>379118257
>>379119306
Ironically, the Legion can't adapt ideologically, because their entire power structure is built on Caesar's word being unquestionable law.
They can only adapt in purely utilitarian terms, like in the case of them genociding the Twin Mothers but learned how to make bitter drink. Nothing about the Twin Mothers tribe's actual beliefs or culture still exists after their assimilation.
You can argue that Caesar doesn't intend for the Legion to remain a dictatorship forever or that Caesar expects it to collapse and create better societies, but that directly contradicts what he says he expects the Legion to be after taking the Hoover Dam and New Vegas. The Legion will never be anything more than a very stable dictatorship.
>>
Dead money is my favor dlc
The way it conveys and executes its message is genius

If you cheated to carry all the gold bags you're a fucking faggot
>>
>>379121180
>If you cheated to carry all the gold bags you're a fucking faggot
The game has to cheat to prevent the player from taking them, so honestly I think it's fair.
>>
>>379121180
I also loved it. The rest of the DLCs were fine, but most of them just felt like "travel to this place while fighting a bunch of level tied enemies that take 50 x more bullets to kill than normal world map enemies", and finding so many guns through ti that you become rich by selling them off.

Dead money made me feel like i had to pay attention and watch out for a lot of shit. Plus the desolate feel, and how i couldn't do shit against the dude until the very end was also nice, since i wanted to blow his fucking brains out real bad.
>>
>>379120852
Caesar had tribal cultures and identities eradicated on purpose, not just to create a greater, unwavering Legion culture to replace them with but because he also viewed the tribes and their societies as ideological garbage.

He says that NCR is the first enemy to which he is ideologically opposed. The tribes were assimilated rather than integrated because they had nothing to offer him but soldiers and resources. He wants some of NCR to rub off on the Legion, almost as much as he wants the Legion to correct NCR because he knows and accepts that the Legion's culture wont be sustainable for much longer and is reaching breaking point.
>>
>>379121180
I mean story wise, maybe, but imo slogging through a linear foggy monochrome haze that blows up your neck if you actually want to explore is Garbo gameplay. That said, lonesome road is the same except instead of having a collar there's just nothing to explore.

IMO none of the fnv are worth it
>>
>>379115371
Implant grx makes suicide running alot easier, besides that not many perks really help you besides stealth ones.
>>
Dead money did its horror better than all the modern silent hills and thats really sad.
>>
>>379121769
I never got how anyone could find it in themselves to join Ceasar's side in my opinion. I heard the guy's tale and his reasons, and while i understood where he was coming from, he took too many radical approaches in a lot of fields and his entire regime hinges on him being alive, because otherwise the rest are bound to just fucking kill themselves once he's gone, or die from some disease that can't be cured without proper medicine, while the faggot wants to use an autodoc so save his own fucking life.
>>
>>379121781
But you can explore the monochrome haze, you just gotta be careful and destroy most of the speakers and avoid the non destroyable ones.
>>
>>379121316
>The game has to cheat to prevent the player from taking them, so honestly I think it's fair.
Explain
>>
>>379121769
>He wants some of NCR to rub off on the Legion, almost as much as he wants the Legion to correct NCR because he knows and accepts that the Legion's culture wont be sustainable for much longer and is reaching breaking point.
Let's look at what he predicts.
>"the new synthesis will change the Legion as well... from a basically nomadic army to a standing military force that protects its citizens, and the power of its dictator."
He states that he expects the Legion to still have a dictator, so he can't be planning to adopt the NCR's views on democracy or civil rights.
He's not clearly not demilitarizing the Legion either.
What are the ideals that he actually intends to take from the NCR then?
>>
>>379122184
Besides trusting Graham to lead his army to victory against a real military despite him having no real tactical experience, Caesar's biggest flaw is his apparent insistence that he conquer NCR first and then see about that whole reformation thing.

If there was a way to force him back to Arizona without him dying along the way, he'd probably realize what a single minded twat he's being and set up a proper heir, while reforming the Legion enough to survive the defeat and prepare it for his eventual handover to another man. But there isn't and he's obsessed with being the saviour of NCR so his death is going to ruin everything he's achieved.
>>
>>379122739
I think he's talking about not being able to carry the bars as a stack like you can other items
>>
>>379122739
>anyone with a stealth boy could effortlessly sneak out of the vault with the gold, except Elijah can magically spot you leaving from across the room even if he can't notice you right next to him at pickpocket range
>anyone with a stealth boy could also plant C4 charges on him or stealth crit the fuck out of him with an automatic rifle at melee range, except Elijah is magically invulnerable to both harm and reverse-pickpocketing until he activates the barrier
The ending of Dead Money basically provides you with a very easy problem that you can take apart with half a second of thought, then gives you the middle finger for actually trying to solve it so they can shove a hamfisted message down your throat.
I honestly found it really insulting.
>>
>>379123584
Anon, the only reason the problem is "very easy" is gameplay conceits. You could not ACTUALLY move hundreds of pounds of gold with your bare hands while escaping.
>>
>>379123906
I also couldnt ACTUALLY survive multiple spears to the head but anything is possible in videogame land
>>
>>379123906
But they're conceits that have clearly been established in the rest of the game. If I can't move hundreds of pounds of gold then the game shouldn't allow me to do it in the first place. The whole dilemma is propped up by and prevented by gameplay conceits, and none of it really makes sense.
>>
>>379122850
Agriculture, commerce, industry, things that were significantly lacking back in mostly-tribal post-War Arizona. A large civilian population that has some ideal of working towards the greater good of the nation already instilled. A reduction in the brutality that formed the Legion as the shift from aggression to defence lessens the need for fear of punishment as a motivator. A reduction in slavery as the formerly self-sufficient nomadic army settles down and takes its resources from the nation is now protects.

It would be impossible to completely eradicate NCR as he did the tribes. It's too big, with too many people. If the Legion can't rely on enslaving tribes to reinforce its numbers, it's eventually going to have to take new members from the civilian population. Over time, their "softness" will seep into the new empire's army. Caesar's heir will not be completely beholden to the way Caesar ran things, his heir will have grown up in this new culture, and so on, each one ideally softening their stance slightly as the two cultures properly integrate over the course of years.
>>
Currently I'm forcing myself to do a NCR run, what is the best ending to get and how do I do it?
>>
>>379111627
>yfw a DLC villain serves as a mouthpiece for Chris Avellone
>>
>>379126359
Help out the Rangers leader. What's his name? Hanlon? Been a long time, can't remember. Make generally peaceful, diplomatic decisions. Be good karma. Help out the Followers and Kings, maintain their relations with NCR.
>>379126438
Lonesome Road and Old World Blues did the same thing, though only Lonesome Road continued the meta commentary.
>>
>>379112514
>wah wah I need my obvious hatesink
>>
>>379126602
Alright I've been doing most of that so far. What do I do about Kimball and whatever the generals name is
>>
>>379126359
Shoot Kimball in the face, chop up Colonel Moore, throw Oliver off the Dam

Or I guess you could just let Kimball die during the assassination quest because there's no way he deserves to live to see his dream of annexing the Mojave come true
>>
>>379111706
It doesn't have THE villain. And much of it is simply for you to decide.
>>
>>379126958
Is this actually something I should do or is it just a meme? I figure that if I have to go NCR then I might as well make it so the Mojave is in a good position
>>
>>379126602
>Old World Blues did the same thing
Did it? I can't rightly recall anything about Old World Blues that was particularly meta like that or LR
>>
>>379127138
President Kimball living or dying has no effect on the ending slides or your ability to complete Eureka! for the NCR, so you can do whatever you want

NCR's government is robust enough to continue without him so it's not like his death would negatively impact the people living there anyway. They'll still annex the place and tax everyone and keep sending water back to California over the locals regardless.
>>
>>379127558
Alright then. What about colonel Moore and Oliver?
>>
>>379127652
You can't touch them if you expect to finish the game for NCR. Moore because her death fails Don't Tread on the Bear and Oliver because you're never given the chance to actually shoot him
>>
>>379127453
It wasn't meta, but it still used the Think Tank as a mouthpiece for Avellone to wax philosophic about transhumanism and nostalgia. Not that I have a problem with this.
>>
>>379127804
Alright, thanks. I heard about some special ending slide you can get for killing all but one powder ganger at the NCRCF, is it too late to do that if I've already done ghost town gunfight or can I still do it?
>>
>>379128583
Whoever told you that lied. Unless they meant installing Primm's sheriff.
>>
>>379128725
It was something about how if you kill all but one powder ganger there was an ending slide where the NCR reformed their entire correctional system out of fear that the courier would do the same thing to them. It sounds probable enough, it would be too bad if it wasn't real
>>
>>379114380
Nah go fuck yourself.
>>
File: 1415233233892.png (216KB, 393x391px) Image search: [Google]
1415233233892.png
216KB, 393x391px
>>379128583
>I heard about some special ending slide
It's so rare for the bullshit I say to come back to me like this

I was lying, anon. It's not true. I also did the one about the dynamite smuggling vagina perk, which I'm pretty sure was the same thread and also had someone believe it.
>>
>>379129205
That's complete bullshit, m8.
All of the ending slides are on Fallout Wiki btw.
>>
>>379129432
Damn, that actually sounded like a pretty neat secret. I did think it was a little specific though, what was the full thing "kill every powder ganger but leave one with broken legs" or something like that? I never saw the thing about the dynamite smuggling vagina perk
>>
So judging by this thread, I think it's obvious that's Salt-Upon-Wounds is the worst DLC "big bad"

I really would've loved to see a Legion side to Honest Hearts. One where you could take a Ulysses/Frumentarii approach and help the White Legs prepare and take out the tribes in Zion.

That way would could have Joshua be the antagonist to Legion allied characters. He is already intimating as fuck in a vanilla Honest Hearts, and I don't even think they have him any dialogue that is aggressive towards or threatens the player character at all.
>>
>>379129432
>which I'm pretty sure was the same thread and also had someone believe it.
He was probably pulling your leg. Nobody would believe that. Nobody.
>>
>>379129736
Dean is the worst villain in a dlc.
>>
>>379129736
Christ... I meant intimidating.
>>
>>379124860
>Agriculture, commerce, industry
All purely utilitarian. Enjoy your bitter drink.
>A large civilian population that has some ideal of working towards the greater good of the nation already instilled.
You mean in the NCR-occupied Mojave, or in actual NCR territory back west? Because those are two very different things. Even in the NCR, people mostly just put up with the government because they can't be bothered to oppose it. Freeside don't give a fuck about the greater good. If the NCR loses the Mojave, they could collapse before the Legion even has a chance to assimilate them.
>A reduction in the brutality that formed the Legion as the shift from aggression to defence lessens the need for fear of punishment as a motivator. A reduction in slavery as the formerly self-sufficient nomadic army settles down and takes its resources from the nation is now protects.
So basically it'll just be like the territory that Caesar already controls, which is still living under a violent military dictatorship that openly treats women like full-on slaves either way.
>it's eventually going to have to take new members from the civilian population.
And then it loses loyalty to caesar and becomes just as corrupt as the NCR, but less accountable.
>Caesar's heir will not be completely beholden to the way Caesar ran things, his heir will have grown up in this new culture, and so on, each one ideally softening their stance slightly as the two cultures properly integrate over the course of years.
Who's teaching this heir, who is already stated to exist somewhere during the events of FNV? Because no one under Caesar is going to encourage anyone to question him.
>>
Is there a NG+ in new vegas?
>>
>>379129736
He's got a few lines but you really have to work for them

>How about I go find dear Daniel and shake the information out of him?
>Second, if you harm Daniel or any of the Sorrows or Dead Horses, I will find you. Make no mistake. God willing, you will not leave this valley.
>PLAYER IN IRON SITES
>You're not the first to have tried.
>Make the first shot count. You won't get a second.
>>
>>379130060
Nope.
The ending is the ending. And before you ask, the game gives you a pop-up before the "no-return" point so you have a chance to save and turn back.
>>
>>379129938
this. anything hurts his ego and he tries to kill you
>>
>>379130081
>PLAYER IN IRON SITES
>You're not the first to have tried.
>Make the first shot count. You won't get a second.

So he says these if you point a gun at him? That's pretty cool. I've never even considered drawing a weapon on him in the first place.
>>
File: LegionTowns.jpg (148KB, 562x562px) Image search: [Google]
LegionTowns.jpg
148KB, 562x562px
>>379129983
The Legion doesn't rule its towns anything like it rules itself. If the end goal is to create a synthesis of NCR and Legion, then it wont rule NCR like it rules itself either. The basic concept of "how the Legion rules itself" will cease to exist because the Legion itself will be fundamentally altered to the point of no longer existing.
>>
>>379129814
Kojima might.
>>379129595
Fallout 1 had something more specific than that, but it was just a joke quest resolution. Morrowind did, too, plus fat lute.
>>
>>379130205
That's a shame, I wanted to keep my stuff but also start over
>>
>>379130060
>start new game
>`tgm
>`player.additem f 1000000000
Bam
>>
File: 1469453889966.jpg (6KB, 261x155px) Image search: [Google]
1469453889966.jpg
6KB, 261x155px
>>379130851
>tfw still haven't played morrowind because Todd is a jew and the lowest it ever goes on sale is $7
I would pirate it but I don't have a vpn
>>
>>379130957
Do you have any idea how long that would take to entirely transfer inventory?
>>379130060
Let go. Begin again.
>>
>>379130852
Yeah I agree but what can ya do. From what I have gathered over the years, that's the sort of crap in JRPGs which FO fans don't want in FO.
>>
>>379130649
>The basic concept of "how the Legion rules itself" will cease to exist because the Legion itself will be fundamentally altered to the point of no longer existing.
Yeah, once all the genocide is done there'll be a marginally less violent dictatorship without the discipline of the Legion or the civil rights of the NCR.
If I wanted a relatively benevolent dictatorship, which I don't, I'd side with Mr. House and get actual tangible results at the end of the game instead of just killing a bunch of people.
>>
>>379131014
I've got like 9 copies and a few spare. If you have a gog account I could gift you one I think
>>
File: 1486436091001.jpg (11KB, 200x176px) Image search: [Google]
1486436091001.jpg
11KB, 200x176px
>that radio call when you lock him in the vault
>>
>>379112514
>a few organizations and individuals all with their own agendas which they explain too you.
Wow characters and ways of government with tangible goals and motivations sure are complex.
>>
File: 1344827829220.jpg (29KB, 367x451px) Image search: [Google]
1344827829220.jpg
29KB, 367x451px
>>379131461
>mfw that whole segment and I still got all the gold
>>
>>379131461
Such a nice touch. I'm not even sure that it was intended that way, but it works out perfectly.

Still kinda sucks there is no way to convince him let go and become an ally without ending the game.
>>
>>379129938
By what metrics to you judge a villain?
If it's by how much they personally annoy you, then yeah, Dean is definitely the worst. He's all spite and passive aggressive bickering without any bite at all to show for it.
But you do get a fairly in-depth backstory on him, his motivations and goals, and he's actually an interesting character that endured through the entire apocalypse and the hellish environment of the Sierra Madre just because he wouldn't let Sinclair's come off as the better man, even if there was absolutely no one alive to recognize that but his own delusional self.

Meanwhile Salt-Upon-Wounds has no characterization beyond what, being a tribal leader who's really mad at everything and really wants to join the Legion?
>>
>>379127453
The part where you talk to your own brain was kind of meta I guess, since he basically calls the player out on being a murderhobo.
>>
>>379131761
Even that ending doesn't convince him to let go. You just join him in killing/enslaving everyone.
>>
>>379131461
What do you mean? All i got is just him muttering to himself.
>>
>>379131281
I'm not posting from my computer right now but my username is M2CarlSwag (trust me I fucking hate it I have no idea what I was thinking when I made it)
>>
>>379131931
I believe that's what they mean.
>>
>>379131850
>without any bite at all to show for it
The moment he gets a chance to kill you without also blowing his own collar, he takes it

That, and he personally ruined three people's lives because he could
>>
>>379131850
I judge them by how effective they are at manipulating events, how they handle unfavorable throws of the dice and whether or not their goals were realistic or merely egotistical masturbation.
I agree Salt-Upon-Wounds is a blank slate, the generic villain, but that's exactly why I perceive him to be a better villain than Dean.
SUW has a clear goal throughout. He was clearly the villain. Dean on the other hand is a bad guy, sure, but he's not really your villain unless you passed the idiotic speech check and "embarrassed" his ego, which really is a blindside to the pc and his character. Maybe that's not how he was written or how he was meant to be portrayed, but it's what I received and how I judged him.
>>
>>379132175
Is there any way to not piss off Dean or is it inevitable?
>>
>>379132473
do not pass his checks

don't upstage him
>>
>>379132473
don't do the barter check when you first meet him
>>
>>379132473
Don't force him to do stupid shit. Don't bruise his ego. For the latter: don't pass the barter check when you first meet him, where you point out he isn't in control of the situation. Otherwise, just be polite. The game incentivizes taking damn near every check, and it seems innocuous and is a fairly low bar to pass, so most players hit the Barter one without question.
>>
>>379132473
Just be his bitch and he suddenly turns into a nice guy at the last second and for once feels a small thing of guilt for his actions

I kinda hate how dead money has a clear best ending because if everyone lives there is a different final ending slide where everyone says "Its letting go"
>>
>>379131930
>ywn bro out with Elijah
>creating bomb collars and modifying weapons/tech
>getting fucked up off mentats
>retaking Big MT
>experimenting on lobotomites
>bullying the brains
>>
>>379132650
Most checks, like the Explosives one when you first meet, are fine.
>>379132772
I'm fine with this feeling. I'm a thorough moralfag.
>>
>>379132473
Don't do the barter check, let him finish his little speech about how he doesn't want to participate before telling him about the linked collars. I'm pretty sure it's all tied to that first conversation because nearly every single conversation after that has slightly different dialogue for DeanFriendly and DeanEnemy

If you mean Dean as a character, then no. Dean will always be pissed off with people that aren't his reflection in the mirror. It's just a matter of time
>>
>>379132825
>Most checks, like the Explosives one when you first meet, are fine.
This was the only option I selected throughout and he still turned on me.
>>
>>379132650
>>379132652
>>379132718
>>379132734
That's sneaky of them. The thought of failing the check on purpose never even crossed my mind. Thanks anons maybe next time I can get the best ending.
>>
>>379132772
>teaming up with Elijah to bully the brains
I would rather team up with the brains to bully Elijah
>>
>>379132894
I GUARANTEE you picked some snide bullshit at some point and didn't realize it. The Explosives check is safe. He even mocks you, which reinforces his own ego, for being a blue-collar peasant.
>>379132943
It's clever. Sometimes doing the right thing, like working with people you may not necessarily like, means being chill and humble. Reinforces the DLCs overarching message.
>tfw will never play New Vegas for the first time ever again
>>
>>379132943
You will. Dean was the only fuck up in my perfect run. Spent days farming for ears, holo-tags, doing every single quest I could (thanks game guide), optimized every companion, received every positive ending except for DM. That really solidified in my mind how much more I enjoyed FO3 than NV.
>>
>>379132943
don't do any barter checks now that I think about it. Although, if you do the first barter check it changes the way he talks for the rest of the dlc
>>
>>379112745

What does the courier say to trigger this line?
>>
>>379133264
Probably asking about Josh. He really isn't a fan of the Legions superstitious regard for the burned man.
>>
File: 1466583080394.png (32KB, 200x163px) Image search: [Google]
1466583080394.png
32KB, 200x163px
>>379133264
>Won't killing President Kimball just anger the NCR?
>{setting player straight} I don't have to explain the reasoning behind my commands. I just give them - and you do them.
>That said, every once in a while I hear something so ignorant, I have to respond. This is one of those times.
>The Profligates' morale is in the shitter. They've occupied the Mojave for years, getting picked off one by one. They were told it'd be easy.
>They keep being told that victory is right around the corner, that Vegas will roll over, become the sixth state of their little union.
>It's President Kimball who's been telling them that. When he dies, the enormity of his lies will come crashing down, the punchline to a bad joke.
>>
>>379133264
IIRC its questioning why he wants you to kill Kimball
>>
>>379133113
>It's clever. Sometimes doing the right thing, like working with people you may not necessarily like, means being chill and humble.
Yeah, it makes me feel foolish because as soon as I saw a check that I could pass my instincts said "obviously do it"

Makes me realize I should think a little more about the consequences
>>
File: 1464650898134.jpg (133KB, 892x895px) Image search: [Google]
1464650898134.jpg
133KB, 892x895px
>>379133348
>Why did the Legion lose the first battle?
>It's not going to happen again. That's all I have to say about it.
>I've heard the commander of the first battle called "The Burned Man."
>And I've heard it's a bad idea to tempt the wrath of {KAI-zar} Caesar. Change the subject.
>>
>>379133454
>visit novac for the first time
>meet the retired ncr vet ranger
>ncr outpost has already been attacked so never get the option to do his quest and learn the ncr takedown

thanks whoever designed that bs.
>>
>>379133690
There's a serious bug with the ranger in Nipton involving Raul too. If you talk to him before starting Raul's questline it can be completely blocked off for some reason. They've never fixed it.
>>
I really love the theme that pervades all of New Vegas. It's impressive how many different quests in the game, and each of the DLC takes on the theme of "the past affecting the present" without it getting tired.
>>
>>379133690
Are you serious? All you have to do is go in and fiddle around a bit, go back, and tell him his friends are dead. He feels bad but then takes you into his big arms and teaches you his 'takedown'
>>
>>379133690
You can pass a speech test to get him to teach it to you if you ask about his leg.
>>
>>379133792
The theme of a more "Evil" playthrough is getting revenge for the past while the "good" outcomes normally come through letting go of the past and working towards the future
>>
File: 1487914955481.png (99KB, 638x838px) Image search: [Google]
1487914955481.png
99KB, 638x838px
>>379133792
Which is strange because the original theme was "rigging the game"
>>
>>379133883
I never got the option to begin the quest.
From what I remember, you're meant to visit the station or by-pass it, talk to him in novac to get the quest then you can freely move about. I spent too long fucking around and triggered w/e activates the attack and it never triggered.
>>
One thing that really kills an NCR playthrough for me is that you can never officially enlist. You can become their most valuable soldier in the mojave by lightyears and wear nothing but NCR gear and it just feels silly because you're still just a civilian cosplaying as far as the brass is concerned.
>>
>>379133909
He stopped talking to me. But that's good to know there's a way around
>>
>>379127983
People complain about Avellone's writing being overly preachy, but I think he does a good job of containing that preachiness to the characters that should be. It really wouldnt make sense if Kreia didn't try to teach you anything, for instance.
>>
>>379134116
The problem is that if you became an actual soldier it wouldn't make any sense because of the bureaucratic nature of the NCR
If you were a soldier, even a Ranger, you'd have to be part of a unit, with a CO and everything which fucks with the nature of the game
>>379134196
How did you get him to stop talking to you? Get vilified in Novac?
>>
is there a mod that lets your female courier get captured by the legion and then used as a cump dumpster all day? asking for a good friend of mine
>>
>>379134116
Yeah this is one of the main reasons I don't do the NCR. It especially pisses me off when I walk by a NCR Veteran Ranger and they tell my character "I'd fight by your side any day" or they ask "ever think about becoming a Ranger?"

It kinda works for the Legion though because of the whole Frumantarii-Courier aspect.
>>
>>379129736
Honest Hearts in general makes me sad because its very clear that they had some great ideas that unfortunately did not pan out due to time constraints. I mean, its really way too short. The best part of Honest Hearts is the trek across Zion to the first tribal camp. There's no story, no npcs, just you and your companion against the untamed wilderness. If they had expanded on the survival aspect more, it might have been the best dlc.
>>
>>379134116
This. I hate when an NCR soldier says
>You know, if you were serving, you'd be halfway to general by now.
WELL, NO FUCKING SHIT IT'S NOT LIKE I HAD AN OPTION TO ENLIST IN THE FIRST PLACE GOD DAMMIT
>>
>>379134113
You can just go talk to him even if the outpost was raided. You then get the option to tell him outright that you went there already and it's fucked. He may not like you or maybe you said something nasty.
>>
>>379134116
General Oliver is all ego. All his Troopers are stuck doing nothing while Fiends and Legion pick them off, so he can send them into the meatgrinder at Hoover Dam. He has the Rangers sitting on their asses accomplishing nothing because they offend him for getting all the credit for winning the First Battle.

As a freelancer, you can operate most effectively without a chain of command and orders to hold position getting in your way and causing a fuss while he also gets to claim all the glory from having Colonel Moore tell you what to do without having to share it with the Rangers or Hanlon, who you'd probably be assigned to if you did enlist.

It's like Caesar keeping you as a profligate mercenary instead of insisting you join the Legion properly. They know you work better independently and they have their own egos to massage.
>>
>>379134507
>How did you get him to stop talking to you? Get vilified in Novac?
No clue, but he never leaves his room and when I instigate a conversation it's just random passer-by dialogue
>>
>>379134763
Weird, don't know why he won't talk but he never leaves his room anyway.
Also the move sucks balls because you have to be backing up to initiate it, which makes it really difficult to hit the enemy. If you want to knock enemies down just use Rex.
>>
File: 1490573450632.jpg (36KB, 528x444px) Image search: [Google]
1490573450632.jpg
36KB, 528x444px
honest hearts made me a born again christian but who hates mormons

am I the only one?
>>
File: 1464509758253.jpg (57KB, 349x451px) Image search: [Google]
1464509758253.jpg
57KB, 349x451px
>>379135795
Honest Hearts made me consider buying a 1911
>>
>>379135795
You can't call yourself a true christian if you're not a mormon.
>>
>>379136317
it made me one of these kinds of christians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrGziJnsa7Q
>>
>>379136317
>Lost Tribe of Israel
>Christians
Only on a technicality
>>
File: 1487658040640.gif (1021KB, 421x389px) Image search: [Google]
1487658040640.gif
1021KB, 421x389px
>every NV thread is full of robust, interesting discussion about every element of the game
>people complain about them
>>
>>379136306
Josh Sawyer actually bought a 1911 because of Honest Hearts.
>>
>>379111627
Happens all the time in FROM Software games, with the curious exception of maybe Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>379136637

It's probably because every discussion is a retread of the previous. There's not a whole lot new to say and now it's mostly memes
>>
>>379136306
>>379136659
They're the greatest guns in the history of guns to be H.
>>
>>379137002
Still more to talk about than the other fallouts besides maybe fallout 2 and 1 but those threads never last long. I mean you cant have a complex conversation on the morality of blowing up megaton or killing the tenpenny ghouls
>>
>>379137286
You could maybe discuss intent vs results, ends vs means, results oriented morality in the tenpenny quest. But overall you're correct.
>>
>>379112782
I'm gonna wear you like you wear that dog.
>>
Ya'll ever hear what Eljiah says if you lock him in the vault

https://clyp.it/drfi3wys

Pretty fucked up. Too bad it was bugged in the main game
>>
>>379112514
>he thinks nv is deep
I'm a fan of nv and even I think that's retarded
>>
>>379137758
yeah you'd like my body all over you, you filthy proflicuck
>>
>>379137968
>LARPs Roman soldiers
>accuses other people of homosexuality

o i am laffin
>>
>>379137968
I don't have a witty retort. Hold up, let me pop this psycho real quick.
>>
File: 1439751841352.jpg (46KB, 691x624px) Image search: [Google]
1439751841352.jpg
46KB, 691x624px
>>379136306
>why would you burn a man before throwing him off a canyon?
>>
File: 1473817962657.jpg (83KB, 581x678px) Image search: [Google]
1473817962657.jpg
83KB, 581x678px
>>379137901
>>
>>379138102
>implying implications
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Jimmy_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)
>>379138109
>Because I didn't like how the Legion was talking to me in Nipton. Vulpes presumed his men can match me in combat to have me crucified or else why would he mention it? My trophy of his skull proves otherwise.
>Also I had a female character...so women's rights.
>The first time I played, I shot him before I realized who it was. Anyone ballsy enough to raze a small town, even if it was full of criminals is an enemy of mine...Only I can be that blood thirsty and get away with it.
this is you
>>
>>379138286
t.cuntservative

what is intimidating presence
>>
>>379138286
>http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Jimmy_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)

Was he your favorite, Pontius?
>>
>>379137901
Good shit Anon, never seen this posted before. We were just talking about this earlier in the thread. The version that plays in the game is his bomb collar frequency before you enter the actual casino.

Is there any mod that restores this?

>Elijah mentions "The other Courier" (Ulysses), hoping he might find him and free him form the vault, but then realizes he wouldn't be dumb enough to even come near the Sierra Madre...
>>
File: 1496175099149.png (102KB, 2479x1734px) Image search: [Google]
1496175099149.png
102KB, 2479x1734px
>>379138109
>>
>>379138357
>implying you'll have intimidating presence by the time you get to Nipton
>>379138459
no way fag
>>
>>379138494
>Vulpes
>surviving an AMR
>Vulpes
>surviving a gust of wind
>>
File: 1491362921843.png (303KB, 727x886px) Image search: [Google]
1491362921843.png
303KB, 727x886px
>>379138596
>the entire town of Nipton
>surviving Vulpes
>>
>>379138763
Oh, you!
>>
>>379137901
goddamn this makes my skin crawl. his voice actor is amazing
>>
File: 1495346729490.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
1495346729490.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>379112514
>New Vegas sucks
>>
File: Gold_bars_vault.jpg (155KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Gold_bars_vault.jpg
155KB, 900x675px
You did let go, right?
>>
>>379139095
I already had more money than I could ever spend.
>>
>>379139095
I always take two. One to sell, one as a souvenir.
>>
>>379139095
Funnily enough the first time I played it I got out with the entire fortune without even realizing you couldn't do it. My game bugged somehow not that it's an uncommon thing to happen and I just strolled right past the entrance Elijah came through dragging it all in my pockets
>>
File: 1479407125958.png (243KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479407125958.png
243KB, 600x600px
>>379139095
>steal the gold every time I play
>just put the bars in a box and never do anything with them

How do I stop being a fag?
>>
>>379121180
I made it through dead money with all the gold, on 360 no less. It's possible to get out of the vault with all the gold without cheating or even exploits however it's difficult. I was playing a 1 INT character at the time so the point was to miss the point.
>>
>>379139479
Fuck a woman.
>>
>>379137075
I wouldn't go that far but they are definitely an amazing pistol. Still more than viable after all these years and will probably still be in use 100s of years from now.
>>
File: 1466542164643.jpg (260KB, 1092x1239px) Image search: [Google]
1466542164643.jpg
260KB, 1092x1239px
>>379137942
>Hahahahahahaha, I am """definitely,""" a NV fan but I know it's DOGSHIT TRASH MADE FOR RETARDS AND FAGGOTS
Nice try but you bait isn't working
>>
File: 1469695052557.png (218KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469695052557.png
218KB, 600x600px
>>379139479
>not the edit
O knows exactly why he built a robot that screams
>>
>>379134507
>The problem is that if you became an actual soldier it wouldn't make any sense because of the bureaucratic nature of the NCR
If you were a soldier, even a Ranger, you'd have to be part of a unit, with a CO and everything which fucks with the nature of the game
This is a good point, it would have been hard to implement and they were already rushed for time so maybe it's for the best.
>>
>you will never take Red Lucy
feels batman
>>
>started new game, barely just got to Novac
>already getting jumped by Legion Assassins despite not even encountering the legion yet
What gives? This is bananas
>>
>>379141132
Are you saying that because you're a lonely virgin nerd pining after a computer character? Or because you're a lonely virgin nerd who thinks Red Lucy ever subs?
>>
>>379141350
Hey, let's not be mean. He could just as easily be an old man who hasn't gotten laid in decades.
>>
File: tony.jpg (31KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
tony.jpg
31KB, 620x465px
>When you can't roleplay as Long Dick Johnson

Why live.
>>
>>379141534
>he saw your name on the list and turned the job down instantly
I wonder why
>>
>>379134534
ofc there is on loverslab
>>
File: 20170213133314_1.jpg (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170213133314_1.jpg
172KB, 1920x1080px
>>379111627
>>
>>379141350
I'm a lonely late-nighter bumping the thread.
>>
>>379142310
What the fuck is that?
>>
>>379111627
Has Bethesda ever NOT had this problem?
>>
File: 123132654.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
123132654.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>ctrl+f picrelated
>0 results
one job
>>
>>379142476
Greetings, fellow masterb8r!
>>
>>379142436

It probably is Aliens: Colonial Marines with the DLC. There was a DLC made for it that played a bit like Alien Isolation.
>>
File: 11321654412.jpg (265KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
11321654412.jpg
265KB, 1000x563px
>>379142436
Stasis Interrupted DLC. Besides a meme cutscene halfway through, where they give a half-assed explanation for how the hell Hicks is alive, it's a very solid, gameplay- and story-wise
>>
>>379142842
>>379142787
I'm a huge Alien fan, and I was avoiding Colonial Marines. Should I play it?
>>
>>379143072
buy at 75% discount - play it for laughs, it's genuinely, laughable slap-stick comedy

t. alien fan
>>
>>379143072
Kind of curious myself. I feel a crippling rage every time I think about what the game could have been and what we got instead. Thank god Isolation was great.
>>
>>379121180
> he didn't have a stealth boy stock along with a shit ton of toughening items

Lol your loss. They're all sitting there in my house at the motel.
>>
>>379111627
>Game's main villain is a dam.
>>
>>379133187
Dean was a fun character because if you manage to stay on his good side, you realize what a complete piece of shit he is. Trust me, the true good ending for Dean is the one where you shoot him dead.

Poor Vera Keyes and Christine, they never deserved what they got.
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 459x612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 459x612px
>>379138126
Underrated
>>
File: 1493208314263.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493208314263.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>try out Russel
>russel getting raped as a kid
>the tribals getting killed off by glanton because he's a retard
>the dead baby during the house search
>>
>>379116218
Problem is is that his ending confirms that he's a complete psychopath.
>>
>>379140015
>O
It's Doctor Zero with a slash!
>>
>>379130060
You can use cage and the game never ends but it's buggy. You could also use the command anon mentioned. If you just want a few of your things just use cheat terminal to get what you want to carry over.
>>
File: 1496185329927.png (107KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1496185329927.png
107KB, 500x418px
>do high INT run with high science and medicine, but with shit combat stats and survival, forcing me to rely on energy weapons
>end up having almost every stat maxed out by level 30, forcing me to max out shit like unarmed and guns because im still swimming in exp
>still haven't even touched any of the DLCs yet
fuck i wish INT wasn't so op so I could go slower
>>
>>379147015
>level 30
>haven't played a single DLC
Ya fucked up.
>>
>>379147154
I have a bad habit of putting DLCs in the back of my mind, mostly because I've played them so many times that I'd just be doing it for the items

also fuck dead money
>>
>>379147359
Dead Money is the best DLC you pleb.
>>
>>379141534
There's a porn star mod anon
Some dreams do come true.
>>
>>379111706
how the hell is the legion not the badguy faction? they're foreign slavers come to pillage. your introduction to them is them torturing an entire town to death.
>>
>>379147627
>YEAH RUN THROUGH THAT TOXIC GAS AND LOSE YOUR HP
>NOPE YOU CAN'T STAND THERE OR YOU'LL DIE IN TEN SECONDS
>I HAD TO TAKE YOUR STIMPAKS AND ARMOR BECAUSE I'M A FUCKING CRAZY OLD MAN
>NO YOU DON'T GET ANY WEAPONS EXCEPT KNIFE SPEARS AND POLICE PISTOLS UNTIL YOU GET INTO THE CASINO
>NO DON'T GRAB THAT GOLD YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO LET GO DUDE YOU'RE PLAYING IT WRONG YOU RETARD
>IT'S ABOUT THE STORY AND CHARACTERS MAN!!!
dead money is a fucking meme and unless you get that much of a hard on from the holorifle you're better off playing it once for the story and never touching it again
>>
File: 1489714220109.jpg (105KB, 460x874px) Image search: [Google]
1489714220109.jpg
105KB, 460x874px
>>379148340
>being this much of a faggot
>>
>>379148340
OWB and dead money are the best dlcs, lonesome road is the worst.
>>
>>379148165
Same can be said about the ncr. The big horn ranchers just love having to pay the ncr,move for the ncr, and do whatever the ncr says or they get killed or jailed. The people of freeside just love the ncr refugees and their ideology of "peace" Neither group asked to be protected by ncr ncr bulldozed them and set up shop. Even when the locals said fuck off the ncr still tried to take things over
.The correctional facility is a glorified slave institution that serves under the guise of justice. The ncr are a bunch of power hungry hypocrites who can't even keep their shit together without some 1 intelligence mail man doing everything for them.
>inb4 some other faction does some bad shit.
That's the point the ncr is just as bad they just like to act holier than art thou fuck them and their parasitic nature.
>>
So, I played NV about 10 times back in 2010 when it was released. Never did bother re-installing it once the DLCs came out. I just now downloaded the game again for the first time in basically 6 years – what am I in for? Are the DLC really that good?
>>
File: Ulysses_profile.jpg (359KB, 900x643px) Image search: [Google]
Ulysses_profile.jpg
359KB, 900x643px
>>379148579
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>379148653
Oh and what about the town of Primm that had a ncr base RIGHT FUCKING THERE WATCHING THE TOWN. And the ncr just let a bunch of THEIR escaped convicts raid the place without doing doing a damn thing until the retarded mail man who isn't even part of their army tells them to protect the place. Like really and you say these people are good? The fucking strip casinos are more philatrophic than the incompetent ncr.
>>
>>379148829
So he can look like a mad max villain reject.
>>
>>379148819
They are really up to interpretation. Some people adore them others hate them.
>>
>>379148829
because hes a nigger
>>
>>379148829
He's pretty ugly without it to be honest
>>
>>379131761
It's kinda like Fallout in general.
Fans of it are like Elijah, unable to let go and going ever onward on their quest to find the next wasteland.

(Hell, most folks didn't even realize that Fallout was over by Fallout 4 even when they themselves picked the trailer song to be "It's all over").
>>
>>379140003
something can be good without being 2deep4u
just because there's a little backstory and no obvious "bad guy so bad he's evil and mean" doesn't make it deep since every character explain their objective when you ask them about it
>>
File: UlyssesWithoutMask.png (683KB, 812x826px) Image search: [Google]
UlyssesWithoutMask.png
683KB, 812x826px
>>379148967
>>
Best and worst characters for each DLC?

Best: Dog/goD, Doctor Dala, Joshua Graham, haven't gotten to Lonesome Road yet LUL

Worst: Christine, Doctor Klein/Burch, Waking Cloud, haven't gotten to Lonesome Road yet LUL
>>
>>379150141
Ulysses for both because he is literally the only character in the entire DLC except for the robot.
>>
>>379150141
What's wrong with Christine? I thought she was pretty well written.
>>
>>379150339
The robot was best character.
>>
>>379148829
Still pissed there's no mod for a bane mask
>>
>>379118021
>Eliphas the Inheritor of Abbadons cock
>Araghast the Pillager of a thousand worlds, Master of Hounds, the Lash of the Black Legion

Chaos Rising is good, but come on. The betrayals of the your squad members are a lot better.
>>
>>379150141
>worst: Christine
She was pretty bad, I'll give you that. But Dean Domino took the fucking cake.
>hurr durr 1 barter check and you can never let him live again
The set-up was pretty good but that bullshit I'll never forgive.
>>
>>379147015
>i wish INT wasn't so op
It isn't. You're lying.
>>
>>379150141
Worst honest hearts char was the other Mormon guy who's name I don't remember. What a fag. Also Christine was great.
>>
>>379122739
If you use those stems that slow time you can walk out over encumbered. I did
Thread posts: 272
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.