[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does keep everyone shitting on this game? I just finished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5

File: Prey_box_shot.jpg (762KB, 1527x2178px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_box_shot.jpg
762KB, 1527x2178px
Why does keep everyone shitting on this game?
I just finished it and it's been one the best game i've played in the last years. The exploration and combat are really satisfying.
>>
I agree.
Keep in mind a lot of the board is shitposters who don't actually play the games they trash though.
>>
>>379109647
it is a great game

i personally just don't understand why they gave it that name....
>>
>>379109647
It's only people that don't know what it is shitposting it, they just see Bethesda and assume its a typical mass produced sci fi shooter. It's summer, lots of kids around.
>>
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised, I wasn't going to bother playing it because the original Prey wasn't that good.
>>
>>379110061
hope i'ts just that senpai
>>
File: 1464367663877.jpg (151KB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
1464367663877.jpg
151KB, 900x563px
>>379109647
>Prey announced
>think this is some CoD shootan with IP stolen by corporate dicks
>pay no attention

>crack releases
>eh, whatever, maybe its good
>it's actually System Shock 3, far better than Bioshock

Now I feel regret I pirated this
How the fuck did Bethesda fuck up marketing something so good for its strengths?
>>
>>379109647
This game is great.

Telepathy and a maxed-out modded Shotgun with a bunch of shells - don't even need anything else lol.
>>
Awesome game. Personally I saw zero marketing for it so maybe that's part of the problem.
>>
I did really not enjoy playing this on Nightmare difficulty.
>>
The name was the only real thing wrong with it
>>
/v/, I'm drunk with expendable income. Should I do an impulse buy?? I've been interested for a long while and keep hearing generally good things
>>
>>379111295
This.

I have ben waiting for this game more than 10 years. It fill the void System Shock 2 left me craving for.

Fuck feels so good finding such a gem
>>
>>379111924
Did you enjoy System/Bio Shock? Deus Ex?
If yes, this a great addition to the experience.
If not, get out pleb.
>>
>>379109647
I went into the game with literally zero expectations, and was really surprised at how good it was.
Completed it last night, ending's kinda unsatisfying, but everything up to it was great.
The only real problems I have with it are the lack of enemy variety, and very poor sound mixing.
Lack of weapons wasn't a big deal for me, and while it makes sense for the setting, it wouldn't have hurt to have a few more in there.

>>379111295
>How the fuck did Bethesda fuck up marketing something so good for its strengths?

A lot of people are speculating that the game exists so that Bethesda can keep the IP. Something about having to "show intent" to use it, rather than just sit on it and do nothing.
Ever wonder why those Spiderman reboot films happened? Sony had to make them or lose the license.

Considering its relatively small budget (60-70 million including marketing), this seems to be the case.
When they greenlight Prey 2 (lol Fibonacci sequence), you'll probably see a LOT more marketing.
>>
>>379111295
Buy it anyway.

>>379111924
Yessss you wont regret. Playing the intro drunk will fuck you up
>>
ill get it when it hits $30 or lower. seems fun but not $60 fun.
>>
What happens if you destroy the January operator in Morgan's office? Can you farm spare parts off of it?
>>
>>379111924
Do you like Looking Glass Games and Deus Ex? Did you think Bioshock had too little inventory management, RPG mechanics, and resource management?

If so, you'll probably like Prey.
>>
>>379112123
I did famalam. I don't appreciate your hasty conclusion of me being a pleb, however.

>>379112187
Give me a couple of more drinks and I'll let the liquor do the thinking
>>
>>379111475
>using typhon mods
kys and blow the station with you inside
>>
>>379109647
Combat was the worst part of the game for me. The first hours were really slow to get going and I hated the last act with all the back tracking and shit. That middle was the sweet spot for me. I definitely don't regret my purchase, but these games just don't have much of a market in the first place. If they did Ion Storm, Looking Glass, and Irrational would all still be around today.
>>
>>379112161
>so that Bethesda can keep the IP
this actually seems like a sensible comment anon
Even so, the game is a great game
>>
>>379112365
I did so im my last run. Cant remember what can you savage, but other people will lead you through the main quest, really well done, doesnt fell forces
>>
>>379111659
I saw ads for this game throughout all of the stanley cup playoffs on NBCSN. Whoever is doing the ad buys at Bethesda should probably get their shit together.
>>
>>379112224
This is the sweet spot. I got it for 35 or so from CD Keys pre-release and have no regerts.
>>
>>379112365
Eventually other people will guide you through the questlines, but January is friendly and has a lot of nice interactions.
And no, you can't farm him/her for spare parts. January is a unique operator.

If you need spare parts, get the skill that lets you dismantle items. Then you can pick up any extra pistols, shotguns, gloo guns, etc and dismantle them for spare parts.
>>
>>379109647
>State of nu-/v/
You people are easily amused, i bet you guys get kicks at babies laughing on youtube
>>
>>379109647
Number of reasons

>western release during the peak of /v/ nippon dicksucking
>released by Bethesda which gives off false impressions on what it's actually like
>/v/ doesn't play videogames
>>
>>379112406
Gee, thanks for remembering me that Im not marketable.
>>
>>379109647
I kinda got spoiled by the ending on /v/

But not completely spoiled, /v/ made it seem like a bad ending, but I liked it and it made sense.
>>
>>379112641
You can't get spare parts off of operators unless you have the dismantle ability, retard.
>>
File: 1452987460889.png (188KB, 492x440px) Image search: [Google]
1452987460889.png
188KB, 492x440px
>>379109647
Felt pretty boring to me. I think ive played for maybe one or two hours before quitting.
>>
>>379112715
I feel your pain, anon. I just think if this genre is going to survive it won't be in the AAA space/budget. There needs to be more room in the games industry for mid budget games with smaller scopes and maybe $40 price points.
>>
>>379111924
If you liked Bioshock, you'll love Prey. If you hated Bioshock, you'll hate Prey. If you haven't played Bioshock, and like shooters, go play Bioshock and then Prey if you liked it.
>>
>>379112784
The beginning of the game is not great and that being the demo probably killed a lot of sales right out of the gate. The game is more fun once you've learned the basic systems and have toys to play around with. Give it another chance when it goes on steam sale this summer.
>>
>>379112616
What is it with you people shilling for grey-market reseller sites? I see at least 1-2 posts like this in every thread where someone asks if they should buy the game.
And it's always the same site.
>>
>>379109647
/v/ is a contrarian shithole
>>
>>379109647
textbook definition of a 7.5/10 game
another year of development and it could've been a 9

the genre is niche as fuck though, it's a fucking wonder it even got made
>>
>>379112957
cdkeys and gmg are the most reliable of those key sites and cdkeys was the one i happened to use. If you know who to e-mail at cdkeys for my shill payment plz let me know.
>>
>bland simple graphics
>shit sound design
>forces you to play a certain way
>low enemy variety

nah it's really not that great, Westerners will cling to literally anything and say it's good right now.
>>
>>379112770
>You can't get spare parts off of operators unless you have the dismantle ability, retard.

I didn't know that, so I must be retarded. I got that ability really early on so I just assumed operators dropping spare parts was standard.
>>
>>379112406
Well, when you get some wrench perks you make almost always enemies fall to the floor with a charged attack, and then you can keep smashing them on the floor. I enjoyed that quite a lot, and i don't know why.

>>379112784
It gets fucking amazing about 5/6 hours into it dude.

>>379112881
I hate bioshock, and i loved prey.
>>
>>379113043
It's basically a bad Bioshock.
>>
>play the game hovering around 100 fps
>get to the big reactor powerplant part, 20 fps

That place was a chore to play
>>
>>379109647
It's because they're salty about "Muh Prey 2".
>>
>>379113041
CD Keys is a money-laundering operation just like G2A.
>>
>>379113193
good, i hope those russian mobsters appreciate my help.
>>
>>379112940
>>379113075
I disagree
it's GOAT until you get to G.U.T.S., gets slightly worse, turns to shit after Deep Storage
debate me
>>
>>379113075
>It gets fucking amazing about 5/6 hours into it dude.

Earlier than that, things get going once you enter the Hardware Labs.
>>
Rankings?

System Shocks > Prey > Bioshocks >>>>>> Bioshock infinite
>>
>>379111295
Where did you torrent it?
>>
This game is like metroid prime but shit
>>
>Spent 2 hours just moving all furniture and item into a room to throw a recicle grenade into the pile
This game takes out the jew inside of me
>>
>set up 4 turrets right outside the gravshaft heading down to deep storage
>coming back after rebooting the station
>all four turrents going off up there
>sounds like Im taking the gravshaft to Normandy
>>
>>379109647
I feel like it's really weighed down by its gameplay, I expected better from Arkane in that aspect.
>>
File: 721104756034.jpg (32KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
721104756034.jpg
32KB, 500x367px
>>379113486
>recicle
>>
>>379113330
That's correct my dude. Can't bring myself to play SS2 now though, graphics are too hideous now.
>>379113290
Yeah that's true, but i'm a slow player
>>
>>379111295
>>crack releases
It's a common truth that the moment crackbabies get their fix all the salt ceases.
>>
>>379113330
I wouldnt even put bioshock im the same cathegory.
>>
>>379113330
Agree for the most part, I'd throw the first Dead Space in there somewhere in the middle of the BioShocks depending on which you prefer (I like 1 over 2, but can accept the gameplay was better in 2).
>>
are the modchips randomly generated?

i only got the coral psi-regen one near the end of the game
>>
>>379113186
I doubt most of the hate is coming from those people. But for those that do, I can't blame them. They really WERE cheated out of their sequel and then given a Shock game that didn't need to be named Prey.
>>
>>379113817
Suit/Scope chipsets are all randomized aside from a few which are fixed.
Just like Dishonored's bonecharms.
>>
>>379113817
the random ones seemed to be
the ones you get as quest rewards are the same every game

>decide to go full on typhoon caster build
>first chip is +shotgun crit%
well fuck you too game
>>
The post ending scene shouldn't have been there. Kinda ruins the experience.
>>
>>379114017
>decide to go full on typhoon caster build
>first chip is +shotgun crit%
>well fuck you too game

Holy fuck there's a shotgun crit chipset? I got fucking massive amounts of typhon-boosting chipsets, but almost no weapon-related ones.
And I was doing a no-typhon powers run.
>>
>>379114076
sequel and click bait
yes it's a meaningless TWEEEST but seems to generate a fair amount of discussion
>>
>>379114076
if there's a sequel it'll be justified but based on the sales I would be surprised to see a Prey 2 announcement
>>
There were so many high places to climb in this game. Kinda pity there wasn't much to find up there. Always some junk.
>>
>>379114485
That's been the case with a lot of games with 'exploration'... in Dishonored it's a vent to a room with some other stranger shrine or some bolts you don't have room for because you're already maxed or some other shit. It stinks.
>>
>>379114178
yeah I didn't get it on my first playthough, nor the double jump one
had like three "you can't be recycled" chips though
>>
>>379114618
I remember stalker having some nice gun or artifacts to find. But it's mostly disappointing in other games.
>>
>>379113273
I can understand thinking it gets worse after the military operators show up but I don't see how it's any worse before that. What was it that made it worse for you? G.U.T.S. is shit but you only go through it once and it doesn't take long.
>>
>>379113754
>>379113908
There would be no moaning and maybe even higher sales if they named it Space/Cosmos/Something Shock to signal SS fans.
>>
Looking glass was kinda cool. Some places where you thought its just scenery but its was a screen. Or the bridge.
>>
>>379114485
which is a damn same given how good the secret areas / loot were in Dark Messiah
>>
>>379114301
Prey strikes me as the type of game that has long-term sales potential. Which we've been seeing more nowadays thanks to people avoiding day-1 purchases.
Hopefully this is the case, because I want to see a sequel to it. With a bigger budget and more resources, they could probably make something that rivals System Shock.
>>
>>379114928
If anything, it wouldn't draw in just SS fans, it would draw in all those "gamers" who love Bioshock Infinite too. Easy money. Does 2K Games hold the rights for the "Shock" name or something or was Bethesda just really that eager to make the Prey name into another one of their cash cows?
>>
File: cleric of rovagug.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
cleric of rovagug.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>379109647
Denuvo meant all the monkeys and underage couldn't play it for free right away, so they revved up those shitposts. Anybody making any other excuses is just being a contrarian little shit.
>>
>>379114815
military operators

Those things pissed me off so much, but then in desperation I put a tape drive in front of the operator dispenser, and it blocked them
>>
>>379115342
agreed I was hoping that it would at least recoup the budget with the initial sales figures but sales may still pick up especially around the holidays

I would much rather see Arkane work on a Prey sequel than DH3 that's for damn sure
>>
>>379115484
But they were unlimited recycler food. I got so much materials out of them.
>>
>>379109647
>Why does keep everyone shitting on this game?
People are retarded and still incredibly butthurt the original Prey 2 never came to light. Despite Arkane having nothing to do with that they make an effort to boycott and shitpost this game.
>>
I liked the game and I don't understand the hate either, but isn't it possible that the game is just shit?

What if we're wrong, guys?
>>
>>379112784
>Felt pretty boring to me. I think ive played for maybe one or two hours before quitting.

>posts Wind Waker

wew lad
>>
>>379116267
Don't let the horrible AAA gaming market Stockholm Syndrome you into thinking that games have to popular to be good.

People think Bioshock is a masterpiece. That should tell you enough. This game at least partially lives up to the promise of System Shock 2, and for that it should be lauded as an accomplishment.
>>
>>379109647

It's the prey fans,

I feel for them, but this is the wrong way to go about it.
>>
>>379109647
No one's shitting on it, it's just nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>379117161
Wrong
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.