[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mario Maker for Switch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: super_mario_maker.jpg (91KB, 740x420px) Image search: [Google]
super_mario_maker.jpg
91KB, 740x420px
Does anyone else want a Mario Maker 2 or an updated port? I had a lot of fun with the first game despite all the stupid online shit (can't search levels by name). What new stuff should be added in?
>>
>>379104854

It's probably going to happen but I'm extremely curious to how they're going to do level editing.

The Wii U and 3DS worked because of the touch screen, the Switch is just going to be awkward to use.
>>
>>379105125
What is the Switch's screen like? Is it just a standard capacitive touch screen with no stylus?
>>
>>379105593

yes, it's like any other phone or tablet.
>>
I would really like it

The only thing I lament about never getting a Wii U was how fun playing other people's uploaded levels looked
>>
>desert and snow level themes
>different music tracks to choose between for your course
>world map maker
>slopes

What else do they need to add in Mario Maker 2? Besides enemies, because listing them all would make for an obnoxiously long list.
>>
>>379107541
checkpoints
>>
>>379107876

Checkpoints have been added already lad
>>
I'd want a sequel, but not one like Splatoon 2. I want so much more added to it. It should be the penultimate level editor, not just an enhanced port.
>>
File: screen22.jpg (80KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
screen22.jpg
80KB, 800x600px
Make it more like SMBX.
>>
>>379104854

I never bought it for my Wii U, and I'm torn in wanting it for Switch.

Some of my friends did have a lot of fun with it, but mostly when I played it I felt I was just playing really shitty Mario levels done by poor designers.

And the time I'd need to spend to make good levels myself I'd rather put into working on my own piece of shit game that'll never be fiinished.
>>
>>379108054
phones ARE capacitive
>>
>>379108368
do you know what penultimate means?
>>
Mario Maker 2 with Mario Land, Mario 2 USA and Yoshi's Island elements.
>>
>>379108549
Yeah. I'm a moron.
Thanks for calling me out.
>>
>>379108506
The random levels that you get through the game are mostly shit, but you could find some really good ones on /v/.
>>
It'd be neat to have water to be placed as a block instead of having a theme. Maybe more weird shit exclusive to the SMB1 theme. Maybe another subworld too, for more expansive metroidvania levels?
>>
>>379105125
Simple. The editor is only available in handheld mode, but you can play levels all you want on the TV.

In fact, they can capitalize on the system's two joycons by adding Luigi and including a two player mode which could be the Switch version's selling point instead of just making it another port.
>>
File: mariopaint.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mariopaint.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>379104854
Never happening but composing your own music
>>
>>379108646
Like ultimate, but more
>>
>>379108897

The switch screen is so fucking small, the only reason why it worked on the 3DS was because of the skinny stylus.

Maybe if you have extremely skinny fingers, but for most people it'll be a nightmare designing a course using your hands.
>>
>>379108907
it's more likely than you might think, the first one was chock full of mario paint references
>>
>>379108897
>The editor is only available in handheld mode
This is dumb. You can still make the editor available in docked mode through normal controls or even gyro. It would just be easier in handheld mode, no reason to make it handheld exclusive.
>>
>>379109095
You can zoom in while editing
>>
>>379109095
I imagine they will sell it with a stylus
>>
>>379108934
Actually 1 less than ultimate.
>>
>>379108506
Just pirate it on Wii U, you can play online.
>>
>>379108907
>not knowing about music levels
>>
>>379109339
If its like a phone screen they can't just sell a simple plastic stylus. It would have to be like one of those expensive iphone stylus that emits heat.
>>
Mario Maker is made for Switch

It still lacks a slope option
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.