[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PULSE L'CIE ARE ENEMIES OF COCOON

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

PULSE L'CIE ARE ENEMIES OF COCOON
>>
This game did not need sequels to have a complete, self-contained story.

In fact I think people would have a far better opinion of XIII if Square hadn't pushed three games in the same world onto the fanbase.
>>
>>379104496
me on the left
>>
>>379104951
Nah XIII was shit even when it came out. People hated it already before any follow on was announced. The sequels were the only good things out of that mess.
>>
>>379105123
Bing
>>
>>379104496

I was I was Fang

Or Fang's girlfriend
>>
>>379104951
I'd have a better opinion of XIII if square pretended it never happened, same with XV.
But they just can't let go.
>>
>>379104496
If we don't know our focus, how do we complete it?
>>
>>379104496
I'm replaying this shit right now, eh

less confusing than I remembered it to be
>>
File: 1395967316961.jpg (28KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1395967316961.jpg
28KB, 500x484px
>>379104496
>the game looks fucking beautiful
>the gameplay is unforgivable shit
Who the FUCK okayed this game's mechanics?
>>
File: 1348746382720.jpg (13KB, 174x177px) Image search: [Google]
1348746382720.jpg
13KB, 174x177px
>>379104496

>tried to play the PC port
>hitting escape would literally close the game to desktop without saving
>assumed my computer was to blame at first because i thought there was no way in hell a developer would ever program a game to do that
>>
File: IMG_20170604_190014.jpg (16KB, 302x269px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170604_190014.jpg
16KB, 302x269px
You don't KNOW yet?!
>>
>>379108275
>playing a game designed for a controller with a keyboard
>>
File: You don't know yet.png (244KB, 495x463px) Image search: [Google]
You don't know yet.png
244KB, 495x463px
>>379108692
>>
>>379108843

There's no way you're telling me that the escape key closing out the whole game is acceptable.
>>
Its your fate to do as Orphan wills, you are tied to him with the mark!
Fuck that, we wont destroy the world, we need to find Orphan and stop him to save the world!
"hey guise i want you to kill me"
"lol k"
*destroys the world*
>>
>>379108843
>defending shit ports
>>
>>379108164
I really enjoy the battle system. It's got a lot of meat there if you try to dig into it.
>>
>>379110313
What the fuck? It's a basic as fuck spam command system that has NOTHING to do with Final Fantasy combat.
>>
>>379104496
There's some things I really like about the game but other things I despise. Toriyama is a fucking hack. They should let Yuji Abe direct a game and see what happens.
>>
>>379110573
Define final fantasy combat. I've been playing since the first game and the entire series has different combat systems.

Chaining isn't super complex but it's more complex than mashing attack which is what you do in most of the series. 13 has some of the best post game content in the series.
>>
>>379104951
But LR was the best part of the trilogy and was actually pretty good.
>>
>>379108975
You're mad the escape key actually functions as an escape key?
>>
>>379110891
Final Fantasy combat is relatively similar up to 10, then it's all downhill from there.

13 is a gross departure from traditional RPG mechanics and resource management. You'd have to be retarded not to realize that.
>>
File: 1325917205145.png (19KB, 291x317px) Image search: [Google]
1325917205145.png
19KB, 291x317px
>>379111043
I guess you got me there, bud.

you're a fag
>>
>>379104951
XIII itself was entirely shit an irredeemable. Absolutely hated MC, no likable cast. Guess the only thing you can't knock it for is the music.
>>
>>379111081
And mp is a gross departure from spell charges, but we gave the new system a chance and it turned out to be ok. 10 was a gross departure from anything up until that point as well, but we gave it a chance and it turned out fine.

FF13 has a solid combat system. Buffs and debuffs matter, status effects aren't useless for the first time since the SNES and there are a lot of mechanical optimizations you can do that keep things interesting.
>>
>>379105334

I think if they had just left it alone after XIII and spent the time/resources they used on the sequels on original games it probably would have Zelda Cycle'd at least a little bit and people would be a bit less critical of it now. The fact that they Kept Trying To Make XIII Happen with sequels that were at best only slightly more well-received than the original cemented it as the franchise's lowest point, though.
>>
>>379104496
Imagine being the voice actor who had to deliver this fucking line
>>
>>379111370
Again, you're looking at mechanical quirks within earlier Final Fantasy series and somehow considering them as radical a departure as 13.

It does not have an interesting combat system, it's an unspecific system where you can only achieve approximate control of your characters. And, again, it's nothing like Final Fantasy.

From the first installments of Final Fantasy up until 10, you can easily see the similarities while pointing out the differences.

FF13 is not a Final Fantasy game, it's a poorly designed piece of shit and probably the first in the series that you ever played.
>>
File: Kiss 3.jpg (422KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
Kiss 3.jpg
422KB, 1000x707px
Don't mind me, just posting best ship
>>
>>379110891
>and the entire series has different combat systems.
The entire series has different character growth systems.
The combat system proper has remained more or less unchanged. XIII's combat system was the single biggest break since MP was introduced to the franchise.

>>379111370
I just have no love for the stagger system and the elimination of MP and auto-heal after every battle and the lack of party control. Having buffs, debuffs and status effects being an important component of the battle system is something I think we can agree everyone has wanted since forever, but that really isn't the part of the game that people complain about, not is something that is only functional if you embrace the XIII combat system as a whole.
>>
>>379111774
I told you I started with FF1 and I made a reference to spell charges which only occur in FF1 and FF3. I like pretty much the entire series, FF13 has an interesting combat system and a fun postgame. A change in the mechanics does not make it "not a final fantasy".

Or if you want to play that game than only FF1 is a final fantasy because after that spell charges weren't really a thing and you couldn't select your own party anymore.

>>379111981
The change from turn based to ATB was huge. The change from atb to whatever FF10 was was huge as well.

I thought the auto heal was interesting because they could design encounters to actually kill you instead of just to take a bit of mp off of your healers. FF13 has more "handle this well or die instantly" encounters since anything after the NES games.
>>
>>379104496

It had nice ass music and the setting was beautiful

The story could've been a bit better but, desu, it was alright.
>>
>>379111081
X is a departure in the sense that it dropped the ATB system that was established in IV and went back to pure turn-based, but otherwise its battle system has all the Final Fantasy staples. Honestly I think it's an upgrade. XII is basically ATB except in real-time, it's not as different as people think, it just lacks the DRAMATIC CAMERA ANGLES of previous games, and you can use optional AI gambits to make everything less tedious.

XIII's battle system is certainly different but I like it in a lot of ways, the major issues are the lack of player micromanagement. You can't switch characters on the fly, you can't edit the AI, you can't move the characters around to have them avoid attacks, etc. Paradigm shifts are legitimately more strategic than most of the shit you do in other FFs and the game is insanely balanced (mostly because of the level caps).
>>
>>379112890
FFX works a lot different than the older games and I'm not sure I like it as much. In the older games both sides go at once and high speed is reflected in multiple attacks per turn. In FFX you can just take your turn over and over again if your speed is high enough and it kind of trivializes some stuff. I heard that stuff got nerfed in the international version though.
>>
>>379113201
You realize that "older games" only applies to IV and later right? ie not the NES games
>>
>>379113346
I was referring to the NES games with my post.
>>
File: Time to Worship.png (60KB, 418x455px) Image search: [Google]
Time to Worship.png
60KB, 418x455px
Is it that time already?
>>
File: jpop_linkinpark.jpg (219KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
jpop_linkinpark.jpg
219KB, 655x380px
why this tho
>>
>>379108975
Honestly that's way better than having to go through multiple menus and possibly reloading the main menu screen. I know alt+f4 exists but it doesn't work on everything.
>>
>>379111502
IMO the 2 and 3 really improved the "series", also they were "just good" games and I liked the different styles of jrpg of each, a breath of fresh air to the final fantasy franchise.
>>
>>379115297
"Top ten pranks gone too far" by Square Enix
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.