[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how can a game this old still shit on most of action games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: dmc3.jpg (344KB, 871x1231px) Image search: [Google]
dmc3.jpg
344KB, 871x1231px
how can a game this old still shit on most of action games?
>>
>>379104072
They actually tried
>>
>>379104072

A product of a different era.
>>
>>379104072
because video games suck now
>>
>>379104072
Because Capcom haven't done shit after DMC4 and Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi isn't that deep, but still good
Platinum Games sucks ass anyway and their cocksuckers are too
>>
>action games
Why do you fags use this term when it refers to a million different genres that have nothing to do with beat em ups
>>
>>379104072
The story goes that the staff of DMC2 saw how the game was shit and the director was not doing the first game justice. When the new director came in to finish 2 it was too late to change it in any significant way but the staff had ideas they wanted to implement. DMC3 gets greenlit and the same people who know how their work on 2 was at best meh felt like they weren't going to do anything worthwhile while feeling restricted at the office so instead, after they left work, they went to bars, got drunk, and there they started to pitch ideas for the game and then implement them back to the office the next day.
>>
>>379104949
DMC3 shits on all of them.
>>
>>379104072
>old
>>
>most
All
>>
>>379105106
It really doesn't. Game's half finished, it's only good by the low standards of 3D beat em ups.
>>
>>379104072
perfect game Anon. i even have the music cd.
>>
>>379105307
>Game's half finished

Explain
>>
>>379105307
>Game's half finished
the campaign isn't short and replaying at higher difficulties is totally worth it, plus bloody palace and vergil
>>
>>379105417
There are about 4 decent enemy types in the entire game, the rest are either glitchy shit like Fallen, absolutely awful wastes of time like Dullahan or Soul Eater or practically stationary harmless punching bags with too much HP like the chess pieces and greed. Most bosses are terrible, Cerberus, Vergil, Agni & Rudra and Beowulf are pretty much the only decent ones. Game's bogged down by dull exploration, shitty platforming and backtracking. The only great thing about it is that it makes for some nice combo videos but DMC4 beats it when it comes to that.
>>
>>379105875
Ok but none of that is a testament to it's perceived "unfinishedness." That's probably the strangest complaint I've ever heard of DMC3. It's not even applicable.
>>
>>379106965
Just feels sloppily put together, like they rushed it out the door without putting enough work into making decent encounters. DMD is an afterthought aswell
>>
>>379105112
devil may cry 3 is 12 years old man.

it was a different time back than.
>>
>>379105106
Better than Doom and Metal Slug?
>>
>>379104072
Because 8k and 256fps don't equate to good design, and certainly not fun
>>
File: IMG_1052.png (261KB, 1039x559px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1052.png
261KB, 1039x559px
>>379107127
>just feels sloppily put together
So this is the power of /v/
>>
File: ninjagaidenblack_xboxbox.jpg (54KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
ninjagaidenblack_xboxbox.jpg
54KB, 354x500px
Pic related completely shits on DMC
>>
>>379110104
>>379110104
Even Razor's Edge shits on Black.
>>
KH2FM has the best combat of and JRPG released

I wonder how many of you fags will ingore this spoiler telling you not to give me (You)'s and reply without even reading it
>>
File: 554353.png (28KB, 201x173px) Image search: [Google]
554353.png
28KB, 201x173px
>>379104072
I really like the core combat but dislike actually playing through the game. The first two levels are the most enjoyable ones desu.
>>
>>379104072
DMC4 would have been better if it was actually finished. I have a feeling that if DMC5 ever comes out it's gonna be completely different from 3/4 because Crapcom.
>>
It doesn't though, it's shit.
>>
>>379110847
All we can do is hope the retards on capcom's dev team for fighting games are separate to those working on other games, like DMC5 if it really is in development.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.