[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, was it shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: ffxv-176808.jpg (219KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
ffxv-176808.jpg
219KB, 655x380px
Now that the dust has settled, was it shit?
>>
Wasn't great, wasn't shit.
Was average at most.
>>
>>379104069
This.
The first half was pretty fun imo, but christ almighty does that game fall apart towards the end
>>
>>379103881
Complete shit.
>>
>>379104401
Sheep
>>
>>379103881
Yeah, now it's shit with some dust on it.
>>
>>379103881
From a tech perspective, its neat enough
>the 4 bros have very nice character models with high quality textures and loads of hair and stuff
>really varied and incredible animations on the bros
>in combat the game has 3 decent AIs going on the bros, plus the memory reserved for weapon switching, technique execution, team up link strikes
>loads of potential on screen enemies, of both monster, magitek, and demon types all at once
>lots of particle effects
all of this in an open world that has decent graphics, not stunning (plus bad art direction) but depending on where you're at pretty okay. And honestly a pretty stable framerate on every console. Framepacing is bad, but still

Its crazy to be on a $299 console and play a fast paced open world action rpg with graphics this good, this many varied enemies on screen, with so many combat options, and a party, all at once
Story and pacing and missions are all shit tho
>>
File: 2016.jpg (177KB, 365x500px) Image search: [Google]
2016.jpg
177KB, 365x500px
>>379103881
Art design is bland mainly because the mix of "real life" and final fantasy doesn't work.

Gameplay is neat for few hours but doesn't evolve and is about as deep as a puddle compared to other games in the genre.

Story is rushed. Just when it starts getting somewhat interesting the game ends.

The "bros go on a road trip" -theme doesn't work because the whole game world is so small and uninteresting due to the last half of the game being cut. That said, Ignis is a true bro.

Yes it was quite shit.
>>
>>379105880
Basicly this, i also wish it had more enviroment variety. You basicly have one big desert area and one big grass/forest area, a few caves and two "cities" that are barely 2-3 streets.
>>
>>379103881
Worth a playthrough, but not worth the 60 American dollarie doos that I paid for it
>>
The ending pissed me the fuck off, First half of the game was fantastic, road trip with the bros (no homo though)

not sure if I can be bothered with NG+ as people said its no different, and enemies go back to low levels, so you just one shot everything with your high level gear and character.
>>
File: GOTY.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
GOTY.webm
1MB, 854x480px
I personally had a lot of fun with FFXV. I feel like if they had 6 months longer they could of released something truly special.
>>
>>379107965
I think one of the biggest problems they had is the game got announced with a bullshot trailer in mid 2013 and probably started development right then, meaning like predevelopment. It especially seems that way in their dev diaries. So they got about 3.5 years, including the delay.

Something like BotW or Persona 5 had 5 years dev time. Everybody thinks there was 10 years to this, but there wasn't. They shot for something of BotW or P5's success with 75% of the time and fell short

Sure some of that was Tabata wanting to scrap everything Nomura ever did, but still
>>
>>379108248
Pretty much this anon
>>
extremely shit. Easily the worst one in the series.
>>
>>379108248
But they also had qute a few characters already designed and story parts that they took over and world designs etc. + combat mechanics ideas, animations and tons of music from the Versus days etc. Sure they had to start over from a technical standpoint with luminous, but a lot of work was also already done when the name change happened. And the only real "fake" part was the whole levithan thing, the invasion was basicly just the plasa and a few enemies with animtions from the final game and they had it running in luminous for tech videos a few weeks after that E3.
If we put everything together and add the engine stuff i'd say it was still 4-5 years or even more of development and to be hoenst it still is in development right now
>>
>>379104069
This. They spent 10 years making an average game. I got only myself to blame or getting so hyped for this game. It still hurts, though.
>>
>>379108994
there were a lot of Tabata-based fuck ups that are still going on to this day. For example, there's no telling how far development was set back when Tabata decided to change the entire combat and gameplay system from duscae to something new, based only on fan reaction to a demo. Honestly its probably the reason the 2nd half of the game is just set pieces
>>
my hype levels from 1-10 during the last 10 years:
versus teaser: 8/10
versus reveal: 9/10
2013 trailer: 10/10
2014 gameplay: 9/10
2015 gameplay and demos: 7/10
ffxv release: 6/10
2 weeks after release: 4/10
now: 1/10

the game is dogshit, delivers on nothing that was promised, is repetitive, casual combat that doesnt listen, story is unfinished and filled up with literally watching the game drive you around.

im not falling for it again with ff7r
>>
>>379109770
you won't have to worry about ff7r it's never coming out
>>
>>379104983
>so many combat options
>waste of budget and ram on auto triggered animations
>a "party"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF7s0vBVaR8

>We will never get this game because Tabata scraps the production every time a new survey comes out
feels bad
>>
>>379103881
I like it, but there's so many things that bring the game down that it's hard to love it. Still had fun though
>>
>>379109279
Yeah, i mean looking at feedback is fine and all as long as you keep your vision, but every since 2014 a lot of this game was basicly built on feedback, i feel bad for the team that had to keep up with all the changes and judging by the orrible balance of the final game they clearly didn't have enough time for it.
Which weird since Duscae really felt like they had a good idea that only needed improvements, especailly after 2.0.
>>
>>379110257
There was something about Duscae's lighting that made it look way better than the final game.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.