[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this game? I never really got into the Suikoden series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: veu.jpg (110KB, 627x894px) Image search: [Google]
veu.jpg
110KB, 627x894px
How is this game?
I never really got into the Suikoden series back in the days but now I can emulate them.
Played this one for a bit and something about it tells me the plot is interesting.
And yes I'm aware Suikoden 2 is considered the best in the series so I'm gonna play that one first.
>>
>>379101819
Very slow start. Pretty fun for what it is once it actually gets started.

Even if it's outdated and old, I'd recommend Suikoden 1 first. The first five Suikoden games + Tactics all take place in the same world and have returning characters from game to game even if the protagonists and countries the games are set in are different each time.
>>
>>379101819
You should start whit 1.
Its not to long and it has some ties to the story of 2.
Also 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 have save import to the next game.
>>
>>379102341
Oh shit I thought every game had its own plot.
>>
>>379102731
They do, kind of. But the story bleeds over into other games from time to time.
>>
>>379102731
They do but its the same world.
And the first 3 games are the same continent and same time frame.

In fact to get the full story its recommended you also play the visual novels Suikogaiden vol 1 and 2 its fan translated.
But its not mandatory to enjoy the games.
>>
>>379102905
Althou to be honest part 5 is the only game that has no save import and 4 imports in to suikoden tactics not 5.

So 5 might be the only standalone game.
>>
File: lorelai2.jpg (90KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
lorelai2.jpg
90KB, 532x800px
I have no idea why so many people just skip 1 and head straight to 2.
There's some solid connections between the 2 games and it's not like 1 is a bad game.
>>
>>379104207
1's just a bit dated. It feels like a SNES game at times. Still worth playing however.
>>
Suikoden 1-2-3-5 are all excellent games.

4 is considered the black sheep but I still liked it too.

If you gonna play Suikoden then I recommended you start from the first one, so you can unlock certain characters and carry some stats and items with its save file on part 2. The games are really short tho and the dungeons are linear, so the games don't feel like a hassle... Except for part 5. That one has a shit ton of text and is a huge departure from previous games.
>>
>>379101819
Shite.
It starts at a slow pace to introduce you to the world, lore and everything, then becomes generic weebtrash until the very end.

Technically it's got shit camera, shit animations, plenty of slowdowns, eternal load times and shit mini games so it's a step back from Suikoden IV in every regard, and Suikoden IV was fucking horrible.

The original trilogy is where it's at, then the series creator left and the result is a shitty prequel followed by a good SRPG followed by... This.
Check I through III if you can.
>>
>>379101819
Slooooooow start. So. Much. Fucking. Talking. Seriously, expect to put a couple of hours just into getting things going.

But good afterwards. Like other anons, definitely recommend playing the others. 1 is great and even though a lot of people disliked 4, I really loved the chill, laid back feel.
>>
File: 34-s5-107-065.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
34-s5-107-065.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
I love the opening. The royal family was great and it makes the pay off all the more meaningful when shit hits the fan
>>
>>379105458
>Check I through III if you can.
>Calls anything weeb trash but tells someone to check out 3

Muh entropy
>>
>>379101819
Suikoden 5 is Suikoden 2-lite. They basically ripped off scenes to appeal to nostalgiafags after they pissed off everyone with Suikoden 4. And you're wrong, 3 is the best in the series, 2 just happens to have more vocal fanatics.
>>
>>379107325
>tfw you're trade in your royal clothes for a faggy outfit and can't change back
s5 hero had a hard life
>>
For me it's 1 = 2 > 5 > 3 > 4 of the main series.
There's just something about 1 that makes it charming. Shame that we will never get more Suikoden because FUCKING KONAMI.
>>
>>379107898

3 sucks. It's got the lamest war battles, the story constantly reminds you of a better story you're not playing and all the trinity system resulted in was one poor story told three times.
>>
What about that DS game?
>>
>>379101819
Suiko 3 is overated, easily the worst of the trilogy. Skip 4 and that one. 1, 2 are great. 5 returns to that formula with newer graphics.
>>
>>379101819
I love 5 as much as I do 1 & 2. All for different reasons, but each as much as the other. It's a fantastic game with great characters.
>>
No one's mentioned it yet but Tierkreis (or however the fuck you spell it) was decent too.

Best to worst, I'd say 1 + 2, 4, 5, Tierwatev, 3
>>
File: Rachel01.jpg (59KB, 371x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rachel01.jpg
59KB, 371x600px
more people need to play tactics

Im glad they managed to get something good out of 4's setting becuase gameplay issues aside i liked it
>>
>>379101819
For me nothing beat 2. One of my favorite games of all time, but thats simply because its more refined than 1. And i like the story a bit better. 2 has super memorable villains as well. 1 is clunkier, but is still a 9/10 should play. 3 changes it up some, definitely had the most effort put into connecting plots together and has a great twist near the end you could only appreciate after playing 1 or 2 or both.
2>1>3>5>>>4 Not to say 4 is a bad game but just not on the same standard as the others. hear something about Konami screwing over the writer i dunno.
>>
>>379104207
I played 1 on release and loved it. I played through it many times, but by the time 2 released, it had been a good while since my last playthrough of 1, and I missed a lot of ties to the first, which made it a little hard for me to get into.

Then years later, after 5 came out, I decided to just marathon them all, and playing 2 right after 1 made it so much more fucking impactful. Like night and day.

3 is still a fucking ugly mess, and 4 gets a lot of undue hate, but isn't nearly as good as 1, 2, or 5.

5 is fucking amazing.
>>
File: a leaf.jpg (72KB, 944x670px) Image search: [Google]
a leaf.jpg
72KB, 944x670px
>>379101819
It's pretty good. I would play the whole series, skipping 4.
>>
>>379108653
>Rune of Punishment is so shit that elemental runes outperform it in Suikoden 4
>becomes destroyer of worlds in Suikoden Tactics
>>
>>379101819

better than 4 but worse than the other one, it's slow paced (but not as 4) it's full of loading (but not as 4)

honestly the most interessing thing about it are the fact that it tells georg prime backstory and your annoyingly cute sidekick

it was okay, but suikoden is all about the lore and without the previous game character like viktor and flik it's just not the same
>>
>>379108947
Omg see I love 4 but the load times in that one are SO fucking bad.

And I can't believe I forgot Tactics. Revised list: 1 + 2, 4, 5, Tierkreis, Tactics, 3.
>>
>>379107898
>3 is the best

This is the first time I hear this.
The general idea I been getting from this series is that 2 is the best, 3 and 4 sucks, and 5 is average.
>>
>>379101819
the whole suikoden serie is one of the most underrated serie ever.
>>
>>379108420
>>379108176
OP here.
For some stupid reason the DS game is the first one I played and put at least 10 hours into it.
Cant remember the plot at all but for some reason the castle thing and several party members to choose from kept me going.
>>
File: inrhpj[1].jpg (17KB, 398x298px) Image search: [Google]
inrhpj[1].jpg
17KB, 398x298px
Killey is my negro
>>
>>379109253
I thought all of them aside from 4 were pretty damn good. 3 had some nice spots and the multi protag thing was cool.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.