[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's ready for Tripico 6?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: tropico_3.jpg (43KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
tropico_3.jpg
43KB, 450x337px
Who's ready for Tripico 6?
>>
me
>>
Hopefully it will be better than 5 which was somehow worse than 4.
>>
>>379101248
Me. Any word on it?
>>
>>379101248
cant wait to send all the commies to gulag with secret police. seriously fuck them with their free housing shit. i swear they would build a bunch of frigging shacks instead of getting into a house even though i had really cheap rent and decent wages.
>>
>>379101248
I will only buy it if they fix the garbage car AI that always makes you have traffic jams no matter how perfect your road layouts are
>>
>>379101248

did something happen? Is 6 really annnounced?
>>
after 5 i'm indifferent. if they make another one i hope its good otherwise i'll just play 3 and 4.

>>379104740
http://www.pcgamer.com/tropico-6-teased-in-rule-again-trailer/
>>
>>379104637
The game shouldn't have roads (except for mud roads) for the authentic third world shithole experience.
>>
>>379103801
Always give people jobs first, then build housing around it. Once you have enough housing with 20% vacancy go on a shack bulldoze rampage. You've never cleaned up a favela?
>>
>>379104946
*Insert ancap joke here*
>>
>>379105046
i had a shit ton of jobs and busineses just people were always building shacks. everyone was happy except the stupid commies and they were like half of the population.
>>
>>379104637
Higher capacity roads like skylines that worked would be nice.
>>
>>379105316
People will choose to continue living in shacks. I'd your wages and rent were correct it would just be a matter of mass demoing the shacks until they organize correctly.
>>
>tfw still have a bunch of copies of Tropico 4 collector's bundle from when they were 10 cents
>>
really hope they dont fuck it up like what happened with anno. tropico is like the last economic builder left that still gets new games.
>>
I thought the different eras aspect of five was great, but the implementation left much to be desired when upgrading buildings
>>
>mfw you can become a a better presidente than the current leaders in rl.
>>
Hope you are prepared for gated community simulator and political activism to tear down walls and demand everyone's welcome immigration policy.
>>
I hope it plays like 3/4 but the politcal side is more like 1. Tropico 1 is a fucking BITCH in that aspect and it adds to the game so much more
>>
>>379101248
I had great fun playing Tropico 5 with my friend.

We were in tears on the floor when he wondered why his population was unhappy and I pointed out his banana farms were right next to his chemical factory and rubbish dump.
>>
>>379101248
Hoping for a "free helicopter ride" edict that makes people with low courage less likely to join the faction targeted
>>
>>379108239
>Assassinate now is an environment kill
A guy getting beaten to death by agents with fishing poles at the wharf fucking when.
>>
>>379104637
So this isn't just a personal problem of mine? Traffic jams were inevitable when I played Tropico 4. It would eventually lag up on me and crash the game.

The AI seemed completely broken. Children wandered their childhoods away and never learned anything. Adults spent more time in transit than at work.

I want Tropico to be a good game. I'll play if those things get fixed in the new one.
>>
>>379101248
Hopefully itll be better than 5, that was just.... blegh
>>
>>379109062
the biggest reason for the traffic jams is that the retarded AI stops in the middle of the road to pick up or drop people and it creates jams
>>
>>379101248

I seriously doubt they can top 4. Maybe some minor improvements here and there, but 4 is likely the best this franchise will ever have to offer.
>>
>>379102378
It has been getting worse ever since 6. Every new mechanic is broken and replaces a better one.
>>
>>379104637
>>379109062

No it is. Traffic is simple. It is all based on a first come ethics. If 2 cars come to an intersection the first car as the right of way.

They also always choose the fastest path to their destination so make sure that you either have multiple ways to enter and exit or make a loop.

>>379103801

Shacks are based off of 3 things, Rent, avaliblilty and distance.

Topicans are willing to pay about 60% of however much they make for rent and avlibilty is of course, if there are place for them to move up. However the most common problem (and what seems to be yours) is distance to job and services. Tropicans are willing to travel 5x farther if they are close to a garage so make sure you have them in conveniant places. Also make homes and services close to jobs too. I generally have 2-3 farm towns and then the big main city.
>>
File: 4081504014_b4aeaa6dbb_o.jpg (158KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
4081504014_b4aeaa6dbb_o.jpg
158KB, 1200x800px
I liked Tropico until; I realized that you have to follow this exact design every time otherwise late game you're fucked
>>
>>379112474
It can involve a lot of juggling to get it right, kicking people out, firing, and demoing shacks eventually fixes it up. I always run into trouble starting up my second main town. Stuff builds so slow
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.