[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why he is not FFIX MC or permanent party member again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: Blank-2.gif (58KB, 427x450px) Image search: [Google]
Blank-2.gif
58KB, 427x450px
Why he is not FFIX MC or permanent party member again?
>>
>>379086652

The fuck is this nigga wearing?
>>
>>379086652
>Why he is not FFIX MC or permanent party member again?

Because it's a shit linear fanfic that no one cares about.
>>
Because Zidane looks like a better MC and someone had to get petrified.
>>
>>379086652

because IX fucking sucks
>>
>>379086864
Hell no, Blank is Zidane done right.
>>
Because having your protagonist turned to stone for 1/3 of the game isn't very fun. Not to mentio he didn't have any connection to Kuja or Terra.
I'll agree that he should have been a major party character tho.
>>
File: 1493057341172.jpg (69KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
1493057341172.jpg
69KB, 750x573px
>>379086912
y-you suck
>>
Don't tell me that's the actual artwork used by the game. It looks like it was lifted straight from some 12-year-old autist's DeviantArt account.
>>
File: 1493430809140.png (541KB, 1024x932px) Image search: [Google]
1493430809140.png
541KB, 1024x932px
>>379086819
>>379086912

You need better taste, bros
>>
File: 123.png (16KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
123.png
16KB, 604x603px
>>379087169
>>
>>379086652
Why isn't brigs and wedge from ff7 the main characters
>>
File: Jax_MK3_ver.png (33KB, 188x205px) Image search: [Google]
Jax_MK3_ver.png
33KB, 188x205px
>>379089220
>brigs
>>
File: Rest In Pizza.jpg (73KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Rest In Pizza.jpg
73KB, 1280x1024px
>>379089220
>brigs
kek
>>
>>379086652
>tfw you thought Blank was cool

I even used gameshark to put him in my party.
>>
File: FINAL FURSHIT.jpg (2MB, 3000x2884px) Image search: [Google]
FINAL FURSHIT.jpg
2MB, 3000x2884px
>>379087076
The entire game's art design is hideous
>>
IX was a bad Final Fantasy. It had absolutely terrible equipment, skill, and ability systems that allowed no room for players to shape their characters in any way. The trance system going off outside of your control was even worse designed than VIII's limit spamming. The combat was slow and boring and the only interesting mechanic AT ALL was the dynamic between Steiner and Vivi, and it didn't really add anything to the game at all. It had a terribly boring setting that's only praised by "classic fans" because it didn't emphasize sci-fi, completely disregarding that Final Fantasy has used sci-fi elements from the start of the series. Your cast consisted of characters like Freya who were completely forgotten by the plot after their usefulness to the story was up, characters like Quina who basically just showed up whenever the game felt you needed a 4th party member and didn't do ANYTHING of any relevance, and characters like Amarant who I'm still trying to figure out why he was added to the game. The protagonist and antagonist being "space alien grim reaper brothers" is by far the worst plot twist in the series, much worse than either the orphanage in VIII or "You're a dream Teedus" could ever hope to be.

The worst part of all? In a series that's known for its innovation in its genre, Final Fantasy IX bitched out and actively BACKTRACKED to boring, outdated, mechanics. At least the early games it was a callback to were innovations of their time like the ATB system in IV, and at least for the PSX titles VII, VIII, and Tactics all tried to do new things with turn-based RPGs, storytelling, and world building even if it didn't please everyone- whereas IX actively decided to say fuck that, and appeal to idiots who want video games to stagnate.

It was boring and had nothing unique going for it. In fact, nothing about the game is particularly memorable. It has no sense of identity for itself and just takes after previous titles.
>>
>>379089768
kys
>>
>>379089691
>literally muppets and furries
>>
>>379089768
>appeal to idiots who want video games to stagnate.
Yes, because the recent FFs are just so great.
>>
>>379089768
>our cast consisted of characters like Freya who were completely forgotten by the plot after their usefulness to the story was up, characters like Quina who basically just showed up whenever the game felt you needed a 4th party member and didn't do ANYTHING of any relevance, and characters like Amarant who I'm still trying to figure out why he was added to the game.

Characters were my biggest issue with this game. Basically everything you said, I very surprised that Freya gets the attention she does, but I guess /v/ is furry

>The worst part of all? In a series that's known for its innovation in its genre, Final Fantasy IX bitched out and actively BACKTRACKED to boring, outdated, mechanics.

I don't mind this, but I agree that they fucked up on all of them. Faster battles and a better trance system is all it would have taken to make FFIX my favorite in the series
>>
>>379090485
Steam version fixes the battles at least.
>>
>>379090267
To be fair, that pasta was written probably 15 years ago
>>
>>379089768
Thanks for the pasta
>>
how many buckle belts is he wearing, /v/?
>>
>>379089768
here's your (you)
>>
>>379086652
I wish more games had side characters like Blank, Marcus and Cinna. Guys that are strong enough to help out and sometimes do, even if they aren't "heroes."
>>
>Zidane - Blank bantz throughout the game
mite've been kool
>>
>>379089768
>Your cast consisted of characters like Freya who were completely forgotten by the plot after their usefulness to the story was up

This applies to just about every JRPG, I can't think of a single one where every party member stays relevant.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.