[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: Box_Art-MH3GHDVer._WIIU_JPN.jpg (50KB, 350x497px) Image search: [Google]
Box_Art-MH3GHDVer._WIIU_JPN.jpg
50KB, 350x497px
So i've been playing this for an hour (maybe even over an hour) and I still haven't fought any fucking monsters, people in the village only ask me to go to the Moga Woods, took some Iron Ore, restore somethings, talk to someone in the farm etc, is the beginning really that slow?

Also, the controls feels really clunky and strange, I don't know if it's because it's a 3ds game, but all i've seen was praise for the movements, the combat and the controls, so far nothing looks really outstanding. The camera is also a little strange, but maybe I'm just no used to it.

Lastly, the game really throws you in and explains shit about some mechanichs, right? Like I don't know how to equip an armor or weapon yet, there's also a lot of stuff like greatswords, longswords, bow etc etc and the game doesn't even bother explaining the differences and all, I'm a little lost here, there seems to also be a way to upgrade weapons and all.

I'll probably still play much more of the game because everyone praises it and the trailers are really nice, but it hasn't been a very good first impression so far. Put my fears to rest /v/ please.
>>
>>379079134
>Also, the controls feels really clunky and strange
Can you describe what you mean by strange?
>>
>>379079134
If the game tried to explain all those differences to you, you'd get an enormous infodump right at the beginning of the game. And you already get a lot of dialogue in that game.
Just give it time and play slowly. You'll figure out most of the mechanics with experience and those that you don't, you can just read up later on.
The controls are just a matter of getting used to it. Just keep playing and when you finally start kicking big monster ass, you'll realize how good those games are.
>>
>>379079357
I think I'm just too accustomed to Dark Souls.
>>
You sound like me 3 years ago, OP.
Just take your time and it will all click soon.
The camera is mostly used for tapping "R" and locking onto the monster.
Also there are weapon tutorials you can play or guides you can look at in the start menu options.
I don't know who told you the movement is good, just make sure you sheathe your weapon when trying to catch or run away from a monster. All the weapons have mostly different movement schemes. Some weapons have attacks that let you side hop (Longsword)
Also don't be afraid to look up some video guides.
The game really picks up after you beat the bear monster.
>>
>>379079134
>is the beginning really that slow?
Yeah, every Monster Hunter game is.

I really wouldn't recommend 3rd gen anymore. Most players have moved on to 4th or X, and you're not really gonna be able to do a lot of the end-game content.
>>
>>379079134

Monster hunter thread?
>>
>>379079134
If you want a Monster Hunter game that starts you off on the action, play 4U
>>
>>379079134
The game explain everything to you. It is explained where you sleep and save and change stuff, you have a whole optional menu with combos for every weapon type, every single thing is explained.

Only one I had problems with in 3U was how abilities in armors work, and even then it took mi a minute to Google.
>>
File: Vto9CDY.jpg (159KB, 691x691px) Image search: [Google]
Vto9CDY.jpg
159KB, 691x691px
>>379079802
>you're not really gonna be able to do a lot of the end-game content.

All content in every MonHun game is soloable, shitter
>>
File: 1454672757973.jpg (159KB, 580x1866px) Image search: [Google]
1454672757973.jpg
159KB, 580x1866px
>>379079134
Have fun
>>
>>379079802
>>379079965
Only reason I didn't start with 4U is because the 3ds seems really bad for playing Monster Hunter.

Also, what do you mean I won't be able to do a lot of the end-game?
>>
>>379080253
3U is dead
>>
File: 1494780054748.png (477KB, 1050x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1494780054748.png
477KB, 1050x1050px
>>
>>379080149
For someone's first MH game, they're definitely not gonna have a good time trying.
>>
>>379080253
They mean that you probably won't have people to play with online which will make excluse online content (G-Rank) extremely hard to solo for someone new to the series.
Honestly, ignore those anons, you should first learn how to play the game alone and then you can join a 4th gen game with online like XX if it comes out in the west. There are people who completely soloed 3U on the 3ds (which doesn't have online) and had a blast doing it, you'll just take a really long time.
But there's really no better way to learn Monster Hunter than to play alone. Beat the single player and then try to solo the online portion if you want more MonHun.
>>
File: bruhcuhduhs.jpg (158KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
bruhcuhduhs.jpg
158KB, 960x960px
>>379080253
You will be able to do it, only alone or with some friends that also play the game.

So yeah, alone.

At least you'll git gud really fast.
>>
>>379080253
3DS isn't that bad for MH. It's made much better with a New 3DS or a CPP attachment.

You could also wait for XX on Switch.
>>
>>379080517
3U on 3DS has online if you tether to a WiiU that's using a wired connection. I get that basically no one should want to do that, but it IS technically possible.
>>
>>379079134
Yes. But stay a bit more, and you'll fall from your chair...It'll be hard and you'll love it.
>>
>>379080517
Or you can get some friends to play tri that is if you can get them into the series or set up rooms and ask around you might get lucky and find other players to play in a room I still hop on tri once in a while.
>>
>>379080564
>You could also wait for XX on Switch.

That's my plan, I'll play through 3U and XX on the Switch when it releases, unless 4U is actually really good, what the general opinion on that game?
>>
>>379080820
I dunno about the general opinion, but it has a lot of content, and lags a fucking lot on a normal 3ds. If you have a n3ds it's fine.
>>
>>379079134
The game literally tells you everything, make sure to go to the NPCs with the yellow bubble on their heads and they will explain functions. You can fight small monsters in moga woods for now but what the game is teaching you right now is the layout of the land and where to find materials since gathering is quite important in 3 especially ore since they don't have a mining facility farm in it (unless they added it 3U). Basically each area you go in you have to first get the layout of the land then you go and fight shit, or you could just be lazy and look up map guides on gamefaqs but I personally like to explore and take mental notes myself it just feels more immersive that way.
>>
>>379080820
4U is the finest in the series if you ask me. Gen/X felt like a step down, or at least a step back towards an excess of gathering quests. I don't know if XX alleviates that at all, but I hope it does.

Fuck Apex monsters, though. The game becomes an even stupider grind once you get to that point. Luckily, there's several hundred hours of good content before you get there.
>>
File: 1446514129381.png (41KB, 353x192px) Image search: [Google]
1446514129381.png
41KB, 353x192px
>>379079134
>All monster hunter games start slow.
>You get used to it. Hell, I'd argue I feel more in control of my character in MH than in other games
>Go inside your house in Moga Village. There's a chest on the north wall of the house, go up to it and you can change your weapons there. By the way, you start with one weapon of each category, so experiment a bit with them and se which one is calling your name. Also somebody probably didn't tell you, but MH is really grindy. To put it bluntly, you need to kill shit to get shit to upgrade your shit.
Good luck, and protip: hammer is retard proof, so if you're still struggling, use hammer.
>>
>>379079134
Every MH game is slow to start out, you learn mechanics piece by piece as you go along

Yes the game feels 'clunky' with its long animations but eventually you learn it becomes almost like a dance with certain monsters--do you attack when the monster finishes its own attack animation, or risk chugging down a potion knowing that you're vulnerable during the heal animation?
>>
>>379081268
>By the way, you start with one weapon of each category, so experiment a bit with them and se which one is calling your name.
Oh shit, thanks a lot, i didn't know that and it explains a lot of things like how I could upgrade a katana even if I haven't even seen one in the game yet.

>Also somebody probably didn't tell you, but MH is really grindy.
I see, I just beat Dragon Quest IX, another grindy game, so I think I'm prepared for that.
>>
File: 3482930.png (5KB, 405x402px) Image search: [Google]
3482930.png
5KB, 405x402px
>>379081538
>dq9
>mh3U
top tier taste

Qurupeco is the first stumbling block for a lot of people so if you get past that you're probably in the clear.
People say 3U's online is dead but once you get accustomed to things you should try and post a room here, I'm sure someone will join.
>>
>>379079134
What's a good armor set for HR in 4U? I've been using the Ceanataur+Gore set. Sharpness +1 is pretty sick, but it's not exactly the most aesthetically pleasing armor
>>
>game has hundreds of things to collect, many weapons with very in depth mechanics, a fuckload of giant monsters that would crush any normie who doesn't know the buttons like the back of their hand
>WHY CAN'T I GO BALLS DEEP RIGHT AWAY AND GET OVERWHELMED?!?!
Take it easy and learn how to make a hi-potion before you get your panties in a bunch about not fighting beasts 10x your characters size, god damn
>>
>>379081538
>Dragon Quest IX
Good taste.

Though MH is a different type of a grind. You grind for drops, instead of experience. Just imagine that at some point in DQ someone told you you can only level up and learn that thing you wanted if you go and fight a lot of same monsters for a long time, and there's a 5% chance they're going to give you a level up.

Have fun and see you in XX when you're going to have to forget about swimming, but learn climbing, arts etc
>>
>>379082649
Don't exaggerate to spook the new guy

You very rarely get a 5% chance to get something

A lot of the time its three chances from carves, sometimes extra chance from broken parts and tail, and quest rewards
>>
>>379079134
>3ds game
It's not though
>>
>>379082290
Early HR I think I jumped between Tetsu, Brachy, and Vprey. Basic shit, but got the job done.
>>
>>379083382
each roll still has the static %, don't start the gamefaqs trolling
>>
>>379084110
But cumulatively it's usually far greater than "muh 5% chance of leveling up"

If you consider someone clearing up exaggeration as "trolling" maybe gamefaqs is the place for you
>>
>>379079134
the beginning of the newer titles for some reason is god awfully slow. You used to be able to skip the tutorials but that was removed since MHFU
>>
The tutorial of your first monster Hunter game is over 7 hours because of all the mechanics you have to learn, enjoy
>>
>>379084830
which is pretty funny when the game doesn't document any of the actual important mechanics like sweetspots, critical range, status, and motion values
>>
>>379084326
a 1% chance to drop is still 1%, even if you get multiple tries. You don't get a 240% chance to get scales, Sorry but it just doesn't work like that. Back2gamefags
>>
>>379085384
That's stuff for non-casuals. Kind of like the damage formula boosts in Pokémon, it doesn't matter in casual play and you will only want to optimize all those values later on when you have mastered the main mechanics and hunting habits.
>>
>>379086338
Three attempts at a 1% gives you greater odds then 1%
>>
>>379086342
Not to mention most of these things are formed through prolonged play

You may not know which one of your attacks has the highest motion value, but as you slowly experiment with punishes you'll observe what breaks and staggers the most often

Same can be said with monster weakzones, although that's even simpler with usually just aiming for the head like in all videogames ever

It's a much more enjoyable way of playing than pulling up a spreadsheet of all the motion values for your weapon and cat
>>
File: 1492981389322.jpg (14KB, 328x408px) Image search: [Google]
1492981389322.jpg
14KB, 328x408px
>>379082057
>>
>>379079134
MH is a slow acting poison.
Then you don't notice when you're autism calculating sets.
>>
>>379079134
it doesn't get good until you're 30 hours in. I'm not mememing that's the reality of the game, but the next 500+ hours will be pure bliss.
>>
I started playing this game in April and I'm having a blast. My main concern is how long will Capcom keep their servers up for it?
I just got to HR missions and I'm planning to start doing multiplayer, but I wonder for how long will I be able to play online.
>>
>>379089727
So tri was released in 2009 and had its servers shut 4 years later

3U was released in 2011, so you're on a ticking timebomb.
>>
File: niggawtf.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
niggawtf.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>379090031
I just want to have fun.
>>
>>379079134
have a hacked console? You are better off playing the Japanese version with patches (for the game-breaking bugs like how piercings are bugged). The base 3U is missing events and has a perma 50 defense buff you can't turn off
>>
>>379079134
>i've been playing this for an hour
The game can last about 100~300 hours.
They try to explain how the stuff work, but then it is all monster hunting, no need to do gathering/small monster quests most of the time.
>the controls feels really clunky and strange
get used to it, every weapon feels different tho and once you learn and master the weapon you will have fun
>the game doesn't even bother explaining the differences and all
Just try it yourself, I recommend one blademaster weapon and one gunner weapon.
>>
>>379079134
>>379079134
Mhgames are shit only retards like them, bad purchase man
>>
I remember 3 having one of the slowest starts to the series

4U makes it a bit faster but also a bit more cinematic

and X just gets right into the point, although they all have 1 star quests be pretty much all gathering
>>
>>379080253
just play the 4u version
the game have a lot of tutorials for begginners and the low rank is very long

controls are only shit if you play something like the bow but if you have a n3ds the nipple helps you a lot
>>
>>379090320
Keep in mind that 3U is a much bigger game and probably has a much more active playerbase, so chance is capcom won't pull the plug half as fast
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.