[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ABZU...worth $10?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: ABZU.jpg (198KB, 1711x959px) Image search: [Google]
ABZU.jpg
198KB, 1711x959px
/v/,

Is ABZU worth getting at 10 Dollarydoos? I'm a sucker for underwater wildlife and I heard that this game's predecessor was good. Only reason I didn't play it was that I didn't have a PS3 then. So what say you, /v/?

Also, if you like and play the game, post screens. Sell me on the comfy.
>>
I bought the PS4 disc copy the other day- due to turn up tomorrow. I think it cost £13, and I'll prob go on to sell it once I'm done for about £10.

Looking forward t o playing it, it looks amazing
>>
File: 20170212001507_1.jpg (533KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170212001507_1.jpg
533KB, 1920x1080px
Its extremely cozy, but keep in mind its only about 2 and a half hours long.
>>
File: Abzû2.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Abzû2.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Depends on how you value your money; it's a very nice experience, but on the other hand a short game without huge incentives for replayability.
>>
No its really not. Its a very cozy game but the story is nothing special, the 'gameplay', which consists of pressing the swim button 3 times over and over, occasionally veering off path to find a lever is very repetitive but doesnt become tedious until the walking section
Just get journey instead until abzu is under 5
>>
>>379063894

Yeah Steam has it on sale for $9.99.

>>379064039

What's the replay value on it? If it's that short, maybe it's better to think of it as a movie.
>>
>>379063786
It´s beautiful but short.
You should play Journey as well.
Probably even better if you´re high while playing it, if you´re one of these DUDE WEED types
>>
>>379064039
>>379064280
>>379064382

Anything spooky in this game?
>>
Have you played Flower? It's that kind of an experience but underwater. If you liked something like the swimming in Endless Ocean then it's exactly that but with more grand spectacles and vast environments.
>>
i played it at some vidya expo, it was really relaxing
>>
>>379064497
Absolutely
>>
>artsy garbage
>>
>>379064316
>>379064382

I don't have a PS3 or 4, so I can't play Flower or Journey.
>>
>>379064348
>replay value

very little. Theres an ability to just watch fish swim around so I guess you could let the game run as a screen saver but thats about it.

>>379064497
oh yes, mainly towards the end.
>>
>>379064532
>Endless Ocean
Now THAT was a comfy game, though I only played the first. How were the others? (There was more than one, right?)
>>
File: abzû.jpg (2MB, 7680x4320px) Image search: [Google]
abzû.jpg
2MB, 7680x4320px
>>379064348
There's a bunch of gene pools of sorts scattered around the game, from which you can release organisms into the ecosystem, as well as a bunch of ammonites which will allow you to unlock something if you catch them all. Also a some hidden things but won't spoil them.

>>379064497
Nothing in traditional video game sense, but the deep dark ocean areas can be absolutely terrifying for some.
>>
>>379064497
Theres 1 jump scare, and a couple areas where all you can see below you is the ocean fading into a fog, but if you swim down you'll find its disappointingly shallow, theres no areas where you really feel the vastness of the ocean except for the occasional jump over the water, so theres not really any agoraphobia involved either. So id say no to spookiness
>>
>>379064803

The giant pyramid factory thing is pretty spooky I'd say
>>
>>379064769
>deep dark ocean
that phrase alone is scary
>people obsessed over aliums when the real ayy lmaos are right here in own deepest oceans
>>
>>379064912
Thats true, the first time you run into it is actually pretty scary, since its just a big glowing eye off in the distance. Kind of disappointing that the game devolved into the standard "technology is evil" trope instead of doing something unique, but the finale was nice regardless
>>
Top notch sound design should be added. The game is sort of like a musical or an opera.
>>
>>379064803
You are a big fucking liar and I hate you. Fuck you and your mother.
>>
>>379063786
>predecessor
what
>>
>>379063786
ABZU is NOT made by ThatGameCompany, if that's what you're thinking. It's the same art director though.
>>
>>379066093
Journey. They share the same art director, so you can see it as a spiritual predecessor of sorts, if you will.
>>
File: ABZÛ Deep Sea.webm (3MB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
ABZÛ Deep Sea.webm
3MB, 710x400px
It's basicly 1:1 Journey but underwater and without multiplayer, you even get the same level structures and ending camera angles and shit. I thikn it's pretty nice, has some spoopy moments too
>>
>>379065050
>people obsessed over aliums when the real ayy lmaos are right here in own deepest oceans
>implying they are not the same thing

Remember the war of the worlds "hoax" ~80 years ago? Not a hoax, just a huge cover up story. Aylmaos conquered us and settled underwater for reasons unbeknownst to us. They are watching. Don't trust the media. Don't trust the police. They control them. They are watching anon, from the abyss.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.