[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT:The cancer killing fighting games. >Content is for casuals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
ITT:The cancer killing fighting games.

>Content is for casuals
Things they actually say.
>>
>>379058345

Bro you need a stick to be competitive
>>
File: source.jpg (370KB, 900x524px) Image search: [Google]
source.jpg
370KB, 900x524px
This. I dare someone to top it.
>>
>>379058345
Meh it kind of really is.
Casuals will play whatever content there is then drop the game, competitive players will either play through it once and forget it or not do it at all.

>>379058450
Good meme
>>
File: SFA3MAX.jpg (78KB, 859x400px) Image search: [Google]
SFA3MAX.jpg
78KB, 859x400px
>>379058542
You don't need a fightstick, and you don't need SSBB tier fluff in your game to make it complete. That being said, when you want a game to be accessible, and on top of that the only real modes anyone is going to play is
>Grind for Stuff
>Online Mode
>Buy Stuff
>Training
>Options

The game seems fucking hollow compared to the fact that the previous game had more shit included. At launch the battle lounges barely worked how they were supposed to, and colors could be unlocked from even doing casual matches against friends.

Also with a game that's pretty much based on getting people into, and mashing out of blockstrings you'd think they would have an online training mode like SF4 had. If we didn't really need arcade mode, why did we need to get something that's actually visibly worse? Survival mode is probably the worst single player addition the entire series has had.

You main Vega? You took a break because the dripfeed was too slow? Congratulations you missed his halloween outfit so the only decent one is his default. The game feels bare bones, it has a lower skill ceiling AND skill floor, and between the LONG ass updates we get shit tier challenges like

>Hakuna Matata
>Knock someone down on a specific stage, on a specific side til some stupid CGI bullshit happens in the background

If you played previous SFs what would possess you to like this one?
>>
>>379058345
>fighting games should only have single button specials, no complex combos, zoning removed
Casuals actually say this.

If we're going to cherry pick might as well start at the bottom.
>>
>>379058345
Yeah because the people who actually appreciate the genre and are keeping it alive and flourishing are the 3 shitheads who only buy fighting games to single player content for 5 hours and then never look at it again.

Those same people who demand that the games be made easier and include homosexual romance and transgenders in the story mode. Yeah casuals aren't cancer at all.
>>
File: tom cruise.jpg (26KB, 491x404px) Image search: [Google]
tom cruise.jpg
26KB, 491x404px
>it's okay if fighting games don't sell
>>
Having never played serious fighting games before I've been trying to play Marvel vs Capcom 3 for two weeks now. I spend most of my time punching the air or the ground trying to pull off the "hadoken" or "shoryuken" motions requires for everyone's moves. This has to be the most frustrating thing in the world.
>>
>>379058345
I will tell you what has to be done for casuals to keep coming in this.

>handicap
Make it so when you start the game with 1:1 kd ratio, you have normal health. And the more you lose, the more health you have in fights. And the more deadly you are, the less health you have.

So when absolute noob gets matched with pro who plays this from birth, the pro can die to like 1 combo while the noob has to recieve unfair amount of punishment to get defeated.

As a begginer, all fights ends like in 10 seconds and you dont even know what hitted you. And that is antithesis to fun.

>grinding
Everybody loves collecting achievements, collecting fashionables, leveling stuff and basically comparing their ePenis.

>marketing
You want people streaming your stuff in youtube. So make the game presentable on youtube.

>get rid of anciet things
Loading times? Moves like circle? Ability to instantly remach? Lobbies where you can just chat and banter? People now have keyboards you know. The ability to throw complicated combos should be hard, but not neccesary to enjoy the game.

The more you pander to casuals, the more people you can rekt in game.
>>
>>379062904
>die to like 1 combo while the noob has to recieve unfair amount of punishment to get defeated
This is exactly what it's like playing Ryu in SFV, the guy is handicapped by default
>>
>>379061012
Zoning is fine as long as there's a way to counter it, there's literally nothing wrong with single button specials either.
>>
>>379061979
My fucking sides. Git gud.
>>
>have to play at least 100 hours with only one character just to become adequate at them.
gee I wonder why nobody is willing to buy fighting games.
>>
>>379058345
>game has really shit tutorials if any
>have to go look up all the actually important stuff from retarded videos and forums if you want to get any better
>>
>>379066197
Most of those hours are spent just learning fundamentals.
It's like if you challenged an infant to play sports. Maybe learn how to fucking walk first. For people who do have access to their motor functions, learning a sport is as simple as having the rules explained to them and a little bit of practice.
Casuals want to be spoonfed like the babies they are.
>>
>>379063429
I find SF5 fun occasionally but as a friend and I go back and forth from V to 3S or whatever gets booted up on fightcade at the time, I never played a fighter where at certain arcs I think to myself

>I know they're going to jump, but I may as well just block it because I already know what block string I'm going to get hit by, I'll just punish then

In 3S, as "bad" as that game is, I parry, or F+HP, anti-air knee, jump + parry etc. There's a couple things I was doing as Alex during jump-ins but SFV feels like peanut butter in your hands.

Yes it's "smooth" at first, but then when you realize how sticky and disgusting it feels in almost all other scenarios you realize how bad it is.

The game also feels soulless and dead because every character only a few good tools and combos so when you fight someone they all do the same shit and it just feels like a robot is playing, couple this with the fact that they can't even speak and even when they can it's predetermined shit. How do I even know I'm not just fighting randomly generated bullshit AIs? I know it's not the case, but it just feels more boring and empty when I fight another shirtless mexican flag Ryu who does the exact same shit as the last one.
>>
>fighting games need a story mode
>>
>>379066197
Cry moar faggot. I never complained when I was getting assraped in Halo, COD, CS, or even Unreal Tournament because I knew I wasn't an FPS player, the people who I played were. Does anyone complain about getting headshotted the second they step out of a building? Or getting melee'd to death by a player leagues better than you?

No. You play for long enough and you become that good. The problem is that you're a whiny faggot who doesn't WANT to get better, you barely want to play the game. So if you aren't instantly winning then the game becomes a chore guided by youtube tutorials.

If you like a game, you wouldn't mind training in it, or beating it on hard mode, or 100%ing etc. Whatever genre it is, it's faggots like you with a MOBA mentality that NEVER played fighting games but somehow want the muscle memory.
>>
>>379066197
And yet MOBAs are enormous
>>
>>379067084
The randomness of the teams lets the babby feel like they are a god when in reality they are a shitter just slightly above average getting matched with terrible ~ amazing opponents and teammates at random.
>>
>>379067084
In mobas you learn and adapt builds, team comps and strats.
In fighting games I have to memorize a 20 hit combo that can be interrupted after a move or if my input has a delay of 0.1 seconds.
>>
>>379067428
>learn and adapt builds

>loll here's your cookie cutter kit
>buy this against AP
>or this against AD
>deviate from your skill set once

geeeeeeee
>>
>>379062904
I don't even fightan games and even I know this is stupid bait
>>
>>379067428
If you think winning a fighting game match is all about memorizing a combo to repeat over and over, you're 110% a shitter.
Winning a fighting game is about winning neutral. If your defense is nonexistent you lose, if you can't get a hit in to start that combo you learned you will lose, if you cannot deal with zoning you will get chipped out and lose. Learn fucking neutral first.
Just do a basic light-medium-heavy-special-super combo, it's something your tiny baby hands are capable of doing. It's only worth learning optimized damage combos once you can actually get in on an opponent.
>>
>>379067207
This is so true. All the successful "esport" games are played in teams. Team based games attracts more casuals because when the bad players play, they don't feel like they are 100% at fault when they lose. Even though it's complete bullshit, having that kind of feeling make shitters more motivated to continue playing and overtime, they get better at the game.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.