[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oblivion thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 16

File: oblivion229.jpg (37KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
oblivion229.jpg
37KB, 600x450px
You sleep rather soundly for an OBLIVION THREAD . That's good, you'll need a clear consciensce for what I'm about to propose.
>>
>>379057982
>consciensce
I dun fugged up-
>>
>>379057982
"You prefer silence, then? As do I, my dear child. As do I. For is silence not the symphony of death, the orchestration of Sithis himself? Ironic, then, that I come to you now as Speaker for the Dark Brotherhood. My name is Lucien Lachance, and my voice is the will of the Night Mother. She's been watching you. Observing as you kill, admiring as you end life without pity or remorse. The Night Mother is most pleased... That is why I stand here before you. I bear an offering. An opportunity... to join our rather unique family..."

POST MODS
>>
just give me some fucking mod pack god fucking damnit
I'm done downloading hundreds of mods and trying to make them work together only to realize that the game looks like shit with them enabled
>>
>>379059486
Bought it recently on GoG.
Feels silly because I pretty much still use the pirate version
Oblivion reloaded+ENB and good textures should do the trick. Then realistic waters and something something dust.
illumination within, immersive interiors and a good weather mod.
Unique Landscapes,
Better Dungeons,
Snu's Dungeons (they're compatible)
Hesu Mod
Skyrim Tombs
And you're set. Now add gameplay shit and all according to your own preferences.
i recommend Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul, but not Oscuro's because I don't quite remind what it added.

For combat I'dd recommend DukePatrick's NO RECOIL and Combat behavior. Maybe Deadly reflex 5 as well for the dodge.

For movement Basic Physical activities, physics-based movement and Elz gravity or something like that. I'll keep investigating. This is the basics.
I don't like lewd mods, but I like the Broken Armor idea, wish Skyrim had it.
>>
Oblivion.esm
Armamentarium.esm
Artifacts.esm
RealisticLeveling.esm
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
Enhanced Economy.esp
Spell Delete.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp
EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp
ExnemRuneskulls.esp
ArmamentariumLL.esp
ArmamentariumLLMagic.esp
ArmamentariumArtifacts.esp
ArmamentariumLLArmaVendor.esp
Artifacts.esp
Artifacts - ArmaCompleteAddon.esp
Hentai Mania.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp
Knights.esp
Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp
EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp
EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp
Enhanced Economy - House prices.esp
Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp
ActorValueUncapper_Example.esp
JCN_AV Uncap.esp
bgBalancingEVCore.esp
EVE_KhajiitFix.esp
Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.esp
Armamentium female.esp

My mod list. Nothing earth-breaking, pretty close to vanilla. Taking suggestions for more mods.
>>
>>379059724
>Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul
doesn't this add tons of new items and retarded shit like Kahjiit thieves attacking you and random encounters with guys with dunmer (morrowind) armor?
>>
What can you actually do in Oblivion? I legit can't remember.
>>
File: IMG_3892.png (449KB, 1011x829px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3892.png
449KB, 1011x829px
I tried to preorder your new game Todd but when I clicked on it it gave me an error!
>>
>>379061314
be cuckolded into the place of a secondary character
explore same dungeons over and over with no unique loot
idk
game is pretty bad
>>
>>379061257
Yes. But I kinda don't care about lore anymore.
>>379061314
It's a good game to play as a
>Thief
>Vampire
>Alchemist
>Necromancer
>Bounty/Monster hunter
>Survivalist.
Combat is 8/10 with mods.
>>
>>379061495
>Yes. But I kinda don't care about lore anymore.
well fuck that then
not gonna bother with installing it
>>
File: 1427995704118.png (131KB, 241x245px) Image search: [Google]
1427995704118.png
131KB, 241x245px
I want to reinstall and maybe play Oblivion but at the same time I don't want to go through the hassle that installing and balancing mod is.
wat do?
>>
>>379061143
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JxV3dfLxYw

Oblivion reloaded.

And some voice mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv4dkFRcKXk
>>
>>379061597
Oblivion Mod Organizer
Oblivion Mod Manager
TES4 Edit.
Ez mode. Back in my days we didn't have this shit.
>>
>>379061597
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBPwCmU0V-Q

listen to this and play skyrim instead
oblivion si shit
>>
>>379061314
get attacked by penniless bandits decked out in full daedric plate

farm copypasted dungeons for slightly better enchantment materials

get given nearly a hundred spells, yet all but twenty of them can only ever be cast by someone who has been minmaxed for seven times the maximum magicka that someone playing the game normally would have
>>
File: Godd Howard.jpg (39KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Godd Howard.jpg
39KB, 600x400px
Thinking of getting the GOG half off oblivion, would it be worth it?

If I do, what mods are absolutely necessary?
>>
>>379061917
>would it be worth it?
I'd say yes. It can be upgraded into pretty good with graphics, and if you mod it you can add pretty much anything.
Only thing I'm missing are some good animation enhancer mods.
Fucking Dragon's Dogma. Ever since I played it I can't look at Oblivion and Skyrim the same way.
>>
>>379061917
No. Trust me. Oblivion is the worst game out of Morrowind - Oblivion - Skyrim.
>>
tfw the gap between skyrim and tesvi is already longer than the gap between oblivion and skyrim
>>
>>379062030
This. My first game was Daggerfall, and while I fully understand why someone might love Morrowind, I just don't get why someone would enjoy Oblivion unless they were 10 when they played it and it was their first game or something.

That game is utter trash.
>>
>>379057982
>met that guy for the first time in a fucking vampire cave while sleeping on a bed after slaying their owners
it was way too scary for me, that fast camera spin to focus on someone's face was really the only scary thing in this game
>>
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, is it a game, a tale, an excellent form of entertainment that will last forever as one of the best games in the 2000's, well, all of the above tell all one thing, this game is amazing. Lets go back to 2012, for me, I normally sticked to valve games, and was always a beloved fan of shooters, I looked at in the early year of 2011, to be a boring year, with repetitive, boring shooters, like cod, or back to playing Team Fortress 2. But then, a bright ray hit me, as my father was searching for games on steam on his crappy laptop, due to his main pc in repair, he stumbled into The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. "hmm, seems peaty cool" I heard him across the hall, as I was playing on my Nintendo DS, I immediately got up and speed walked to the room, and saw Dovakiin vs the Dova in the trailer, "But! There's one they fear! In their tongue is Dovakiin, DRAGONBORN!" "FOUS RO DA!" then the camera zooms in speeds of a car in the highway, and fades to epic towers in stone mountains, beautiful forests, giant, well, giants stomping around, and then the Dova falls to the ground, dead after Dovakiin slashes its belly. I remember him standing on the beasts belly, with weird effects around him, to this day, that trailer gives me the goose bumps. Then I asked my dad what this was, he said, "An old Role Playing Game called the Elder Scrolls" meanwhile, smiling and clicking the add to cart button. He got the game, and me, my little brother, and my father were shocked to see the steeling graphics, the sounds of impact with your blades. I remember being shocked at the shear size of the world, to think, a whole province in one disk, and the technology to have such deep characters, I remember we had a bad snow storm days later, and we were stuck inside the house, and the three of us look at each other, smile, pop some popcorn, open up the bottles of Pepsi, and continued our adventures in Skyrim.
>>
Picked it up on GoG along with F3 and FNV.
Playing it again because there is fuck all out and I had forgotten just how fucking good Oblivion was compared to Skyrim.
You are not the chosen, the quests are interesting, hell the guild quests are good except the Mage guild that blows ass.
God damn it Todd you better not bring Skyrim out on GoG or that is 3 copies of that game I will own.
>>
>>379062409
At that night, I remember my father was climbing up the Throat of the World, and fighting the ferocious Frost Troll. Then learned how to shout more powerfully thanks to some weird old men. Then after that, my memory's were foggy, except that one time where Molag forced my father kill a complete Stanger in Markath, in some old house, then later that month, I got Skyrim for Christmas, and after that, experienced one of the most epic video games ever. And thanks to Skyrim, my father also got Fallout: New Vegas, and that as well got me into the Fallout series as well in the same manor, yes, it didn't have as good graphics, but it added something that I liked, RPG elements, and gunplay, what could possibly go wrong? If you read this far, thank you for reading this, and I appreciate this.
>>
Post your characters

Post your mods.

Post your stories.
>>
>>379062409
>>379062485
Good job
>>
File: 20170603115832_1.jpg (418KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170603115832_1.jpg
418KB, 1680x1050px
>>
File: 1490471423901.png (522KB, 754x424px) Image search: [Google]
1490471423901.png
522KB, 754x424px
>>379062613
>Post your stories.
Funny that you would say that.

You see, in Oblivion there's an item called the Skull of Corruption, which you can use to clone NPCs. Using a glitch, you can use it to permanently clone yourself.

When I discovered this glitch online, I had already played Oblivion to exhaustion. My character, Nickies, a Breton battlemage, was nigh-invulnerable, and had spells that could one hit Minotaurs. It was pretty crazy, but it got boring fast. I decided the only challenge left was to fight a version of myself, a permanent clone, a "Nickies Black," if you will.

So I did the glitch, purposefully not wearing my best gear as to make sure I can still win, but couldn't immediately kill the clone because his (my) healing spells were too potent. So, I left and returned, to see what would happen to him.

He had changed his equipment loadout to that of my own, real character's, including all my OP shit. Now I actually couldn't kill him...

Not only that, but he started upchucking a creepy mix of faction dialogue I haven't heard before, like "I'm sworn to die, are you?" and "The training of thousands has passed through me!"

Sometimes he would use my invisibility spells and flee, and I'd have to find him again. One time I found an entire town murdered, with him nearby. I even got bounties when I swore I didn't commit any crimes. Once I led him over a bayou to an underwater DLC home I had, and he equipped my waterwalking boots to easily keep pace - then, when I fled underwater, he swam under with me despite wearing said boots!

Other oddities include his Luck seemingly being higher for everything he did compared to my own, and being able to summon two things at once (which was actually IMPOSSIBLE in Oblivion).

Eventually our endless fight led into the Imperial City, the capital.
>>
>>379062428
>You are not the chosen
the entire prologue sequence is the king telling you that you are the chosen one who will make it all happen, and then summarily dying
and the climax is you offering up the bastard prince as a sacrifice, after which you get declared the hero who saved the realm with loads of praise and a token 'yeah, shame about Martin tho. oh well have some very prestigious armor that only really really really special people are given

ad everything between those points is martin sitting in one hole or another while you run around doing everything important'
>>
>>379062878
Not this pasta again pls.
>>
>>379063007
In Skyrim you are the chosen one, the Dovakin.
In this one you are just some guy in prison who the Emperor runs into to give the necklace to.
Martin saves the empire with your help but its Martin who is the chosen one, you are just someone that got to be apart of history.
Morrowind also makes you not the chosen one if I remember correctly and you are just some prisoner who got off the boat.
>>
>>379063178
you're literally the Nerevarine (chosen one) of prophecy in Morrowind though
>>
I'm really curious to see which skills will disappear and be merged in between Skyrim and TES VI
>>
>>379063178
There's evidence that the Nerevarine prophecy is a crock of shit but it's never confirmed.
>>
>>379063007
>the entire prologue sequence is the king telling you that you are the chosen one who will make it all happen, and then summarily dying
No. The emperor basically tells you. Hey dude I'm gonna die and I dreamed with you doing some shit, so I give you this before I die.
Then you're out on your own to be a thief, a killer or whatever the fuck you want unless you decided to actually follow the emperor's will, and even if you do it's not really that you are the chosen one but that you make all that shit happen because you git gud.
It's like the Chosen Undead from Dark Souls being the chosen undead.
>>
>>379063178
>>379063329
You become the Nerevarine, maybe because it was your destiny all along, maybe because it's what Azura wanted, maybe because it's what the Emperor wanted, maybe because you were just in the right place at the right time. It's deliberately ambiguous.
>>
>>379057982
The worst fucking thing about this is that nexusmod is slow as fuck, so i never download mods.
>>
>>379063887
works on my machine
>>
>>379062807
Those are some sexy trees.
Also what's that yellow bar ?
>>
>>379063393
they honestly should merge pickpocket and lockpick

and they really need to fix the shitty foam bat combat
>>
>>379063393
Calling it now, heres what you'll have:

Magic
Archery
Melee Combat
Defense
Crafting
Sneak

They're just gonna keep dumbing it down after they saw all the casual bux they acquired with Skyrim.
>>
>>379064048

I wouldn't be against having some less used skills be merged into singular skills to have them get more attention.

Maybe it's just me wanting Spellcrafting back, nothing more fun that making a fireball that wastes all your mana in one cast but nukes everything in the region.
>>
>>379064048
Add a simple combat. Like severance-blade of darkness step-dodge system.
Then a simple blocking system where Perfect block reduces no stamina and a strong attack breaks your block and you need to block again.
We've got the tech, so let's add skyrim's finishers that you CAN trigger depending on your move.
You know what, if you still want something else we'll also use a smart AI system where some enemies can use a certain set of strategies. This won't be varied at all, but it will be MODDABLE as fuck so you may end up with all sorts of complex shit.
Finally, let's add locational damage and a monster-climbing system a la dragon's dogma.
See that Minotaur? You can sever its horns. See that Dragon? You can chop its wings off.
Then make it so monsters can have certain weakness or behaviors depending on what you carry. Got garlic? Vamps are less aggressive. Do you carry fire with you? Some monsters will be afraid of you or weak to it.
BOOM. 10/10 combat that will never ever be topped.
>>
>>379064225
Swap sneak for "thief" (combined stealth, lockpicking and pickpocket) and you're probably right.
>>
I always just went to the shivering isles right away, fuck the rest of it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HOP7cQDmz4
>He voiced Lucien Lachance, the Gray Fox, the Arena Announcer, Sheogorath, Hermaeus Mora, Emperor Titus Mede II and was the default voice for Imperial males
How is one man so based?
>>
I often hear normies would be able to handle Morrowind but what about Oblivion? If Bethesda were to hypothetically remake Oblivion with all the mechanics intact would they be able to ease into it?
>>
File: todd.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
todd.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
>>379061848
rude 2bh
>>
>>379064784
Oblivion is much easier to get into than Morrowind so I don't see what you're getting at here.

Morrowind is a normie repellant.
>>
>>379064764
Best dub guy desu
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN80_7rNmcE

how did he make those noises so perfectly
>>
>>379057982
So Vanilla, no mods, can include dlc - rank Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim.
>>
I got a weird glitch that just started randomly happening in one of my save files.
>camera wants to turn sharply left, very hard to look right
Just randomly started happening when I entered that grove with the unicorn.

>no gamepad installed
>tried setting the joyuse=0

still can't figure it out even with google-fu

It's a shame because I was enjoying that file quite a bit and now I've lost interest to start again as my previous save was from 8 hours prior.
>>
>>379065012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_x-x0gawck

He's way too good at this
>>
>>379064784
Oblivion is pretty dumbed down compared to morrowind. They cut a bunch of skills and started using the compass/fast travel system they have today.
>>
I liked oblivion far more than skyrim.
>>
>>379064568
Oblivion already had a dodge function while Fallout 4 had more melee attacks including takedowns, finishers that triggered more often and the potential for better AI, location damage had been possible for a while too. Skyrim had a sort of advanced blocking system with shield bash being used to disrupt heavy attacks. Basically Bethesda has already made all the pieces it needs for a better combat system, they just need to put all of it in one game.
>>
>>379065356
>compass/fast travel system they have today.
And thank fuck. I don't want to walk 15 minutes across the damn map to get to where I need to
>>
>>379064764
They also brought him back in Elder Scrolls Legends for their arena mode
>>
Hey guys can you help me play oblivion?
Gotta reinstall it because it doesn't launch without an error message, obviously due to a mod but idk which, either OOO or 4gb patcher

Also my specs:
AMD E1-1200 dual core 1.4ghz
AMD Radeon HD 7310 256mb integrated
8gb ram
>>
Skyrim > Oblivion

fuck off. OB is fake TES bullshit.
>>
>Oblivion thread up
> "Oh shit time to reinstall"
>spend a week modding/debugging mod order
>everything finally working
>Don't want to play anymore
>uninstall

What a blast those weeks always end up being though.
>>
>>379065804
So apparently it was OOO that was causing it, had to uncheck it
>>
>>379064045
Exp
>>
>>379064649
to be fair, lockpicking and pickpocket are pretty useless in skyrim.
>>
>>379062878
Anon i believe you, i checked some of your other videos and i must say it looks legit
>>
>>379065946
Get the .exe install. It's much more reliable
>>
>>379062005
>Fucking Dragon's Dogma. Ever since I played it I can't look at Oblivion and Skyrim the same way.
how come?
>>
>>379067009
That's how I did it in the first place, I could try it again, how do I uninstall?
>>
>>379067287
DD's graphics are not that impressive, but the animations are silky smooth and climbing things is amazing. It feels really rewarding. Plus the big boss fights are great.
>>
>>379057982
>playing OOO
>have to do all the quests of the mages guild before i can create my spells
>until then i have to use 25 flares to kill a bandit

Help me here guys, what's a good low lvl spell creation for mages?
Touch + reduce resistance + shock damage?
>>
>>379067505
>tfw you want to play dragons dogma but have heard nightmares about repetitive battles and lines due to no fast travel
>>
>>379065437
Oblivion had a dodge system?
>>
>>379067531
Are you playing with the atronach sign?
Not that it's related
>>
>>379065437
>Oblivion already had a dodge function
so did morrowind lol
>>
>>379067614
Repetitive lines get boring if you play with MANY pawns. Use just one and it's not so bad. And if you get tired of them sacrifice them to the dark sea gods and that's it.
Repetitive battles... well, get creative and they aren't. You can kill a cyclops by throwing it off a cliff, setting yourself on fucking fire and hugging it, goring his eye, beating the shit out of it and some other cool tricks. I never got bored in DD because I don't use overpowered stuff, so every battle is challenging. But warrior and fighter are so-so. Assassin or Mystic knight or magick archer a best.
>>
File: spelloblivion.png (88KB, 755x880px) Image search: [Google]
spelloblivion.png
88KB, 755x880px
>>379067663
No, i prefer to have magic regen

And here's why oblivion is better than skyrim

I can actually make destruction a good way of doing damage
>>
>>379067339
I got it to work, apparently it didn't install an esp or something
>>
>>379067919
>Repetitive lines get boring if you play with MANY pawns
more pawns means lines get more repetitive? what?
>>
>>379059724
>>379061257
>>379061495
Yeah personally if you want lore friendly and closer to vanilla but still better overhals, Oscuro (OOO) is the way to go.
>>
>>379068051
More pawns means they will spawn their lines.
It's not the same to have your pawn warn you about a goblin than to have three pawns constantly reminding you that there is a fucking GOBLIN and that wolves hunt in packs.
You can modify your pawn's behavior to shut the fuck up though. I like her being talkative.
>>
File: dog>.png (224KB, 336x342px) Image search: [Google]
dog>.png
224KB, 336x342px
>Modding Oblivion
>Install Unofficial Patches
>Sort via BOSS, don't clean via TES4Edit like the guides say
>Build Bashed Patch
>OBSE launcher crashes after opening
>Deactivate unofficial mods
>Rebuild Bashed Patch
>Everything works just fine

Sometimes I wonder if these bugfix patches hurt more than they help?
>>
For first time playing OOO, do you guys recommend a mage or warrior run?
>>
>>379068105
Oscuro is pretty terrible though. I don't think there's any good Overhauls for Oblivion.
>>
>>379059486
>believing TES modders are mature enough to collaborate like that
Laffin'
They're one step above Minecraft modders on the autism ladder
>>
>>379061143
Quest Reward Leveller
Literally the best mod
>>
>>379061597
Stop deleting your mod folder? You should be using Wrye Bash anyways, so your mods should be saved when you uninstall
>>
>>379072267
Wyre Bash is 2hard4me
>>
>>379072449
this
>>
>>379062316
It has, without question, the best and most imaginative quests in the franchise.
>>
>>379072863
name 5.
>>
>>379063459
>opening cutscene has Azura tell you in a dream "You have been chosen"
>ambiguous
>>
>>379059724
I just bought oblivion goty edition for 8 dollaronies on kinguin an hour ago
>>
>>379072863

As it turns out, Emil is a really good side-quest designer. He's just not really good at stitching things together in an overarching narrative.

Bethesda should really put him where he shines and see if they can hire someone better for the big stories.
>>
>>379072964
Saving the argonian from a cult
Breaking up a war between two goblin tribes
Slaughtering an entire settlement since you believe they're goblins
Removing everyone's clothes at a dinner party in Anvil
Helping someone understand a rumour about their doppleganger.
>>
>>379073572
Fair enough.
>>
>>379062030
Skyrim is far worse than Oblivion.
>>
>>379074360
Lol no. Skyrim actually has somewhat good exploration and varied dungeons/caves.
Oblivion doesn't have good anything. Its story is shit, the exploration is beyond terrible with copy pasted shit everywhere, terrible level scaling, bad combat
>>
>>379074461
>somewhat good exploration and varied dungeons/caves.
Unique Landscapes and Unique Dungeons.
>B-but those are mods!!
No shit. If you want to play a vanilla TES game go play Morrowind.
>>
>>379074461
>varied dungeons/caves
>1 billion nordic burial tombs and 1 million caves (all of which are corridors)
>varied
Skyrim's dungeons are no better than Oblivion's.
Skyrim has mostly boring shitty quests unlike Oblivion.
>>
>>379074589
Well, you are right, I wasn't counting mods because that's not Bethesda's work and I don't usually review Bethesda's products based on the work of the fans.

But if you count mods, Skyrim is also a great game. So I really don't see where that discussion would lead us.
>>
>>379074675
the nordic tombs are just ONE kind of dungeon in Skyrim.
And no the layouts aren't copy pasted, although there are repeated layouts here and there.
>>
>>379074689
>But if you count mods, Skyrim is also a great game.
That's true. It has some good things like the death overhaul mods. I wish more games did this.
>>
>>379057982
I liked Oblivion Brotherhood, sometimes you go to sleep and when you wake up the blonde bitch is in bed wiyh you.
Kek
>>
i 100% oblivion
it was fun
>>
>>379059486
the entire point of mods is to customize the game to YOUR standards, a mod pack would defeat the purpose, you're gonna end up with mods that you wouldn't want to use otherwise
>>
r8 and h8 (also using this ENB without the black bars http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45483/?)

00 Oblivion.esm
01 Hemingweys Capes Improved.esm [Version 3.0b]
02 Open Cities Resources.esm [Version 4.1.7]
03 All Natural Base.esm [Version 1.36]
04 Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm [Version 5.0]
06 Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.5.5]
07 Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
09 Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp [Version 1.5.9]
1A Knights.esp
1B Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.1.8]
1C LoadingScreensAddOn.esp
1D Skill Perk Descriptions.esp [Version 1.1]
1E Dynamic Map.esp [Version 2.1.1]
++ Enhanced Vegetation [100%].esp
++ NocturneCallSteed.esp
1F GMArcheryRebalance.esp [Version 1.0]
20 P1DkeyChain.esp [Version 5.00]
21 All Natural - Real Lights.esp [Version 1.36]
22 MIS New Sounds Optional Part.esp
23 KORs Reversed Daggers.esp
24 Open Cities Reborn.esp [Version 1.1.8]
26 Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp [Version 2.0]
27 Hemingweys Capes Improved.esp [Version 3.0b]
28 Harvest[Containers].esp
29 All Natural.esp [Version 1.36]
2A Summon Dremora Lord Saved.esp
2B Kvatch Rebuilt.esp [Version 3.0]
2E Francesco's More Wilderness Life.esp [Version 5.0]
** Grass Overhaul.esp
31 Enhanced Water v2.0 HD.esp
33 WindowLightingSystem.esp
34 MIS.esp
35 Immersive Interiors.esp [Version 0.8.1]
36 Enhanced Hotkeys.esp [Version 2.3.1]
37 sycHearNoEvil.esp [Version 1.0]
38 AmbientTownSounds.esp
39 The Ranger's House.esp
3A KnightlyArmory.esp
3B DMRangerArmor.esp
3C Nocturne.esp
3D JK - The Shadows Armor.esp
3E Armory of the Silver Dragon.esp
3F CallMount.esp
40 CapesandCloaks.esp
++ Trees Overhaul.esp
++ Symphony of Violence.esp
41 Spell Delete And Item Remove.esp
42 UnidirectionalAttack.esp
43 Dude Wheres My Horse.esp
44 ChaseCameraMod.esp
4C DarNifiedUI
4D Oblivion XP.esp [Version 4.1.5]
** All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp [Version 1.36]
4E Bashed Patch, 0.esp
>>
How's stealth in this game? I wanna play sneaky dagger assassin and in Skyrim there was a bunch of opportunities for that playstyle, not sure about Oblivion
>>
This guy appeared in front of me in the middle of the burning castle at kvatch. I got so thrown off
>>
>>379076942
Talking about modded
>Thief tools to use arrows with ropes and shit
>SDR to hide better in the shadows and take into account your boots, equipment and weight.
>Froggy's clmbing to climb some areas (it's only OP if you abuse it
>Water arrows to turn on torches.
Pretty neat.
>>
>>379076167
by that logic there's no point pursuing any kind of entertainment other than just closing your eyes and fantasizing
>>
>>379076532
>dof
absolutely disgusting
>>
File: 1493221987885.jpg (78KB, 639x849px) Image search: [Google]
1493221987885.jpg
78KB, 639x849px
>>379076587
>M-Muh waifu and t&a threads are getting slid ;_;
>>
Any good quest mods came out since Skyrim?
>>
>>379076587
maybe if these threads were getting remade instantly every single time they died, but mods have said that having an occasional thread about a game that has a /vg/ thread is perfectly fine
if there's something that belongs in /vg/ it's the drawthreads
>>
What are some good landmass mods that work with tamriel rebuilt
>>
I have a buddy who jerks off to Skyrim and I try to explain to him that Oblivion is better but he refuses to play cuz muh graphics
>>
>>379077626
Sounds like /v/.
>>
File: gleam_bethesta_main-kopia (1).jpg (140KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gleam_bethesta_main-kopia (1).jpg
140KB, 1080x1080px
They're actually doing a bunch giveaways of Oblivion + Fallout 3 & NV, all GOTY editions. They're filthy cheap right now tho

You get like 8 entries or so. 3 days left. Don't have the Fallouts or all the Oblivion DLCs on PC, so didn't hurt to try.
>>
File: 1367055731347.jpg (13KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1367055731347.jpg
13KB, 160x160px
Why do people keep memeing that Bethesda games *need* mods to make them playable? I've played Fallout 3 and NV, and Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim all without mods just fine.

I get triggered when people keep talking how they require at least a dozen essential mods when in reality they require none.
>>
>>379074779

>Man what happened at the bottom of this mine-

Nord ruin with draugr

>Oh wow I get to go to Potema's cryp-

Nord ruin with draugr

They make up enough of the game to be an extreme nuisance, and only about two or three of them are unique enough to warrant anything more than an "oh this again" when you're more than twenty hours in. Not to mention all the puzzles which interrupt your adventure to make you do a stupidly easy task that gets old and obnoxious after the second time.

Skyrim dungeons in general got incredibly boring. It was a long time ago yes, but I remember Oblivion's dungeons at least being more interesting. In Skyrim I don't even bother going into any dungeons in vanilla, I just explore the wilderness or do unique quests.
>>
File: 1465143296049.png (84KB, 300x325px) Image search: [Google]
1465143296049.png
84KB, 300x325px
>want to replay oblivion
>remember the scaling system and the oblivion gates
>>
File: 1494958727510.jpg (185KB, 800x795px) Image search: [Google]
1494958727510.jpg
185KB, 800x795px
>>379078852
>Remember all the fetch quests, babysitting jobs, and copy-pasted shit everywhere
>Only reason I actually ever played it was for lewd mods
>>
>>379068105
There is no standard by which OOO is close to vanilla. It changes absolutely everything and removes level scaling.
>>
>>379078676
You probably have autism
>>
File: modded skyrim2.jpg (4MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
modded skyrim2.jpg
4MB, 4032x2268px
get on my lvl skrubs
>>
>>379063178
>In Skyrim you are the chosen one

And you can be Winterhold's Arch-mage after like five quests, and a Thieves Guild Nightingale, and Dark Brotherhood Listener, and Harbinger of the Companions. I wouldn't mind the chosen one stuff if you could just be humbled some other time instead of becoming a master or a leader of every faction with hardly any work.
>>
>>379079570

Is that's Chernobyl?
>>
>>379066003
But they're immersive. And the perk to sneak poisons into someone's pocket was an interesting substitute for something like Oblivion's poison apples.
>>
>>379078676
the other anon was probably joking but you probably do have autism if you don't understand what people mean
I'd see a doctor if I were you.
>>
Going to buy oblivion and play it with no mods because that's how I like to remember it
>>
>>379078676
Skyrim has a plethora of broken and buggy quests which have gone unfixed in six years outside of an unofficial patch, including some from the Civil War, which you could consider a branch from the main quest.
>>
>>379073572
don't forget
>saving a painter from the world that he created with a magic brush
>saving a possessed man by going into his mind
>breaking up a group of slutty thieves that wanted to get into your pants
And these aren't really side quests, but
>pretty much all of the dark brotherhood quests
>dropping a Moose head on a guy
>the party house
>>
>>379080079
You're missing
>good turn animations
>Good combat
>Good stealth
>Killmoves and martial arts
>Absolutely fucking amazing graphics.
Seriously, I'm adding a shitton of animation and graphics enhancement mods and it really hasn't got that old. It's on par with Dark Souls 3 in terms of Graphics, if not better. No hair or clothes physics tho.
>>
>>379079570
So reel.
>>
>>379080597
>>breaking up a group of slutty thieves that wanted to get into your pants
With mods you can actually join them
With lewd mods it's even better.
>>
Are Elder Scrolls games playable without needing to install a fuckload of mods and fixes?
>>
>>379080621
who cares about your opinions, modbitch
>>
>>379080818
Depends on what you want. Skyrim absolutely needs the unofficial patch and even with that, you'll encounter bugs constantly.
>>
>>379080621
>>good turn animations
who the fuck plays in third person
>>
>>379067970

All they had to do in Skyrim was instead of having perks give 25% incremental damage increases to everything, and have magic be unscaled, just have what literally every talent mod did and have effectiveness and power increase per skill point in that skill.

I still have no idea how Bethesda fumbled so damn hard with talents and skills. not only once, but fucking twice, in both Skyrim AND Fallout 4. Both games have awful talent - skill association mechanics.
>>
>>379080621
what graphics/animations mods would you recommend?
>>
>>379080818
>>379080986
Oblivion needs the unofficial patches as well.
>>
>>379062613
>bought physical copy of oblivion 7 years ago and quit cause it looked liked shit
>bought it yesterday cause I wanna give it a chance

How many more times am I gonna have to pay Todd?
>>
Is MOO+OOO still recommended or did something better show up?
>>
>>379081154
With Enhanced Camera, people do.
>>
>>379081563
Can you combine these two without problems?
>>
File: skyrimthomasthetankengine.jpg (56KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
skyrimthomasthetankengine.jpg
56KB, 600x400px
>>379080825
You will never know that feel. Your loss.4
>>379081439
Wait for the Oblivion remaster DLCS and SI not included, as they will be re-released as well.
who am I kidding, Oblivion remaster never ever
>>
>>379078520
i dont see any giveaway in there
>>
>>379066003
That's a fault of the world design, not the skill system. Removing the skills isn't the answer. The answer is to make them more useful.
>>
>>379064225
And if you're concerned that this doesn't leave you with much room to roleplay, don't worry, because now that your player character has voice acting, they come to life more than ever!
>>
>>379073076
Maybe others also had the dream.
>>
>>379065437
>Oblivion already had a dodge function
I don't remember that, but it's been a while. How does it work?
>>
>>379083160
It's basically a backroll that comes with high block skill.
>>
>>379067970
I suppose, but I hate having to do powergaming shit like your pic.
>>
>>379077189
The point is if you use a mod pack, you'll inevitably find at least a few things that really bother you, but since the pack was designed for all the mods to be active together, you can't remove just the one thing you don't like without making the whole thing fall apart. And that's if you can even identify the mod you don't like in the first place.

On the other hand, if you do it yourself, you can get mods only for things you actually want to change. That's why it's generally recommended to play vanilla for at least a little while, so you can add mods gradually as you need them.

>>379079652
And you're the chosen one of all the guilds, too. At least in Oblivion, the guilds were about you doing guild business and moving up the ranks.
>>
>>379079652
>if you could just be humbled some other time
You need to play through the Maids II mod, then. Infinitely better questline than Skyrim's, and the best quest mod out there.
>>
>>379080818
For the most part, yes. It's just that mods make them much better and let them reach some of their unfulfilled potential. One thing I've noticed, though, is that all the vanilla games are pretty rough for destruction mages. That might be the only case where I'd say mods are absolutely necessary.
>>
>>379084704
Not him, but I played through that mod recently, and I didn't really care for it. A lot of the writing was really awkward, with various things that don't really make sense (like someone referring to a "communications blackout", which just doesn't sound right in a fantasy world). The plot was confusing as hell and gave no straight answers on anything. The story ultimately relied on the player knowing a lot about the clusterfuck that is TES lore, with a major plot point being about an object that's only mentioned by name in one of the books. The ending was extremely unsatisfying.

It's one of the most ambitious mods ever made for a TES game, and I can respect that, but I can't say I enjoyed it very much.
>>
>>379085910
The ending being unsatisfying is kinda what I was referring to in the post I quoted. Even you, The most powerful Dovakhiin in history, chosen by Hermaus Mora, Vampire Lord, and Uniter of The Skyrim guilds have enemies you cannot best, and people you cannot save. There is some really confusing plot elements that take knowing some really obscure lore, to be sure. But after playing through it a few times, it starts to make sense. And yeah, the dialog is kinda weird at times too. I still enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than any other quest mod. And having a waifu murdered right in front of you, and you having no way to stop or reverse it, was pretty awesome. I love tragic stories like that.
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.