[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can Microsoft win E3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: gettyimages-539921996.jpg (39KB, 720x441px) Image search: [Google]
gettyimages-539921996.jpg
39KB, 720x441px
How can Microsoft win E3?
>>
>>379055640
exclusives
>>
>>379055640
By killing xbox and window store and going full 3rd party.
>>
>>379055693
That ship has sailed. They haven't even retained the exclusives from this generation.

They better not show Cuphead again.
>>
>>379055640
Xbox made 9 billion last year.
>>
>>379055640
the cant win
only sony can lose
>>
They can't.
Halo 6 will be shit. Halo as a brand is fucking dead.
Gears 5 will be meh.. gears brand is almost dead.
Forza.. ok.. sure.. not a console seller
Some Capcom exclusive - do not believe their lies.. will be multiplat later
First on xbox dlc - not gonna save them.
Free online/xbl - dont believe their lies.. will be timed shit
Rare games - not console sellers.. might be shite
Scalebound - looks like shit smells like shit
Kinnect 3.0 with anal probing - Do It
ANY 3rd Party exclusive - will be timed
Half the new exclusives will be cgi trailers of shit that will end up being scrapped.
Crackdown 3 - looks like shit.. cloud power bs not feasable.

Anyrhing else im missing? At best it will be a good presentation because of 3rd party title reveals but they will all be multiplatform games.
>>
>>379055640
Half-Life 3 exclusive to scorpio.
>>
With games.
>>
Heres a link to a tech and E3 news whatsapp group. Be civil. https://chat.whatsapp.com/5HLGV8prGUO7KpaymJP7oP
>>
>>379057304
>whatsapp
Nice try phil. Ur not getting my cell number. Go eat shit.
>>
>>379055640
Cyberpunk 2077 on microsoft stage
>>
Are they even showing or talking about Scorpio at E3?
>>
All that's left is for them to have some new IPs.

Banjo seems likely now but after Yooka who gives a butt.
>>
>>379057481
See >>379056321
It will be multiplatform and most likely just some shitty cgi reveal with zero gameplay.
At best MS will have a quality conference with decent 3rd party multiplat game reveals but no way is scorpio gonna become the next big thing in sales. MS will be lucky if scorpio does as well as the bone is doing right now.
>>
>>379055640
Giving Cuphead a release date.
>>
>>379057741
Rare doesn't care about Banjo anymore.
>>
>>379057827
https://twitter.com/Ghoulyboy/status/868685524013338624
>>
>>379055640
by making sure scorpio can do what they say it can
>>
>>379055781
Would never happen, their whole plan for profitability of the gaming division in the future is to use Xbox game compatibility as a carrot, and Windows 10 S as the stick to force the Store and attempt to lock as many developers and gamers into their closed ecosystem as they can.
>>
>>379058160
Nobody cares about Banjo except a handful of man-children on /v/.
>>
File: 1486004313509.jpg (474KB, 1619x1725px) Image search: [Google]
1486004313509.jpg
474KB, 1619x1725px
>>379055640
Cuphead developer made Mega Man title.
>>
>>379055640
By closing down the Xbox division and stop taking part in the console war.
>>
>>379059524
That will also never happen. Xbox is a well known brand and Microsoft desperately needs it to push their new closed platform.
Microsoft in fact plans to escalate things by bringing console war style tactics to the PC to use against Steam.

Might as well speculate that Microsoft will discontinue DirectX, Trident, and all their other non-standard shit that lags behind the standards and switch to Vulkan and Blink.
>>
>>379055640
Hello Phil, all you have to do is confirm that a sequel to Ori is coming and that it won't be W10/Scorpio exclusive, that's how you can win my heart
>>
>>379059815
It's a good thing that this windows10 story shit strategy isnt working. How long till Ms brings out some shitty windows update that completely cripples Steam and origin?
>>
>>379060621
The feature is already in 10 after the most recent updates. Its only a matter of time now till they turn it on by default. Even if on normal 10 its a switch you can easily change the majority of users won't.

Its already confirmed that 10 S will have more favorable terms for OEMs wanting to ship Windows systems, and it not only has the lock on by default but also requires a $50 fee to install third party software like Chrome or Steam.

So its not that far off that the majority of Windows systems will be locked to the store, with a good chunk of those being actually locked unless the user spends money. Basically, all third party stores on Windows are fucked.
>>
They will, as far as most serfs are concerned. Scorpio is an enormous price:value proposition. It's big gimmick, it's identity, is truly bringing PC gaming power and utility in a console form factor and price. It's running a 'full' Windows 10 OS - just locked to UWP and Windows Store (basically 10 S you can't ever unlock, with some custom UI modes, and aggressive anti-jailbreaking features). It's M$ next step in turning Windows into a walled garden. It's also big on VR integration, and will be objectively the best price:value choice for VR. They're subsidizing the hell out of it, on par with the original xbox. It really is basically Xbox 2.
>>
>>379061892
Its a good thing that the Ryzen+Vega SOCs are coming out later this year including the rumored custom SOC they're producing for Valve all of which except maybe the lowest end chips should shit all over the Scorpio's Jaguar+Sea Islands chip.
>>
>>379055640
remove telemetry from win10
i don't even give a shit about the xbox honestly
>>
>>379061109
>lock on by default but also requires a $50 fee to install third party software like Chrome or Steam.
And that's when everyone stops updating and jumps over to a different OS when getting a new computer.
>>
File: 1496056712809.jpg (600KB, 1649x576px) Image search: [Google]
1496056712809.jpg
600KB, 1649x576px
Nothing. Nintendo already won.
>>
>>379062793
but that was the switch event in january not e3 that hasn't even happened yet
>>
>>379055640
MCC pc.

They can go suck a dick and kill themselves afterwards I couldnt give a single shit about them.
>>
>>379061109
>People purchase windows
>>
Halo 3 for PC. They wouldn't even need anything else.
>>
>>379055640
Scorpio $450, surprise exclusives, and Crackdown 3 release date
>>
>>379061109
only from store? so windows is no unrooted factory default android?
fee to turn off? so people will name first crack to fix this bullshit cyanogen mod, and it will rename windows to some android name like windows cupcake?
not shitposting, am being serious
>>
>>379062515
Everybody here says that, but realistically how many users will Microsoft lose that they weren't going to lose already? 3%? 5%? They really have very little to lose, and a lot to gain by being able to extract more money directly from Windows users something that they've never really been able to do, but something that's now required in the era of sub $100 computers and OEMs who have become accustomed to $0 licensing fees for OSes.

>>379063926
That kind of stuff can only happen because Android is at its heart a Linux distribution and AOSP exists.
There's nothing like that for Windows, so if Microsoft decides to lock Windows 10 down and EOL Windows 7 there's not much you can do other than bend over for Microsoft, or switch to an OS outside of their control.
>>
By announcing Alan Wake 2 but sadly they told Remedy to fuck off and now they make low-budget games.

They could also tell the new PlayGround studio to make a Split/Second or Blur inspired racing game but instead we'll get another open world racer.
>>
>>379055640
By being bought off by Nintendo
>>
Phil has to release his bankai
>>
They need a new system selling game. Halo was better than anything on consoles at the time and even pcbros were left out. It was a wonderful time.
>>
>>379065056
What is his Zanpakuto?
>>
>>379056321
Yes you're missing the "exclusives" MS has bought from 3rd party devs.
>>
Drop the store as a gaming-market. MS needs to accept the fact that on PC, no one likes their shitty store. The only reason they saw ANY sales from Quantum Leap was because they put it on Steam. Putting it on GOG would have ment a few more sales but asking for such faith in the consumer from MS is probably asking too much.

The fact that MS and Valve haven't buried the hatchet yet is probably hurting MS way more than it's hurting Valve, and that's just silly.

The Xbox needs to keep trying to wed itself to the PC any way it can. Making the integration between 10 and the Bone more fluent, and making smart decisions like allowing you to play game A on either Xbox or PC no matter which machine you bought it for. These are the types of moves that link the Bone to the PC, while raising consumer trust, and that's really what MS need right now.

In terms of backwards compatibility, do what Sega has recently done, and start porting old 360 games to the PC, while making more of them available for the One. And again, make smart choices in allowing players who already owned it for the 360, play it for free on the Bone. A few dedicated servers to old Halo games would probably liven up communities and encourage newcomers to buy.

In summary, wed the Bone to the PC, and bury the hatchet with Valve, even if that means that THEY make some decisions you'd rather have made yourself Microsoft. Gotta' show some faith.
>>
>>379055640
>E3
Why do people still care?
>>
>>379065318
Considering what Microsoft did to get that exclusive I'd hate to see a repeat.

For you kids too young to remember, before Halo Bungie were one of the most innovative PC gaming companies, and they were way ahead of the curve when it came to supporting gaming on platforms like GNU/Linux with Myth 2 getting a release way back in the late 90s. Halo in fact was originally meant to be a showcase for modern OpenGL on UNIX-like operating systems.
Microsoft bought them, downgraded the game to their Console-centric DirectX API, shackled Bungie to the Xbox and reduced them to being a sweatshop forced to crank out one uninspired sequel after another.
No more Myth, no more Marathon, no more Oni.
>>
>>379062793
>Almost all ports or upgraded ports

jej
>>
>>379055640
All they need is to give fromsoftware a blank check in exchange for one exclusive and /v/ will explode for years. That's how easy it is to win E3.

>TFW YOU WILL NEVER EVER PLAY DEADBLOOD
>OMG /v/ BTFO DEADBLOOD LOOKS AMAZING
>G-GUYS I'M SELLING [GAMING PLATFORM], XBOX WON
>DEADBLOOD IS LITTERALLY GAME OF THE CENTURY
>HOW MANY OF YOU ARE BUYING AN XBOX WON JUST TO PLAY DEADBLOOD
>HOW IS THIS FAIR DEADBLOOD SHOULD BE ON [GAMING PLATFORM] INSTEAD!
>>
File: fury-radv-speed-improvements.png (21KB, 600x241px) Image search: [Google]
fury-radv-speed-improvements.png
21KB, 600x241px
>>379065530
Microsoft has to kill Valve, or at least bar Steam from their platform because if Valve succeeds in getting developers to move to their Steam platform libraries using Vulkan they can more easily shift users off Windows. Just like Google has shifted a lot of users off Windows by getting them used to Google's ecosystem with Chrome and then moving those users off to ChromeOS and Android.

Its no surprise that Windows 10 S besides blocking Steam, also blocks Chrome and even goes as far as locking users to Bing.

Valve have chosen their path, and the work they've put into RadV Vulkan performance on GNU/Linux is really starting to pay off.
>>
>>379055640
>Original Xbox BC
>Surprisingly cheap price for Scorpio
>New MS exclusive IPs
>>
File: HOTMEMEDICK.png (267KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
HOTMEMEDICK.png
267KB, 420x420px
>>379055640
They literally can not. They fucked everyone who bought an xbox. Everything at this E3 is going to be about Scorpio, so they're already forgetting making the One worth having bought. Everything they show for the Scorpio is just one more fuck you to One buyers. I know they games will work on both consoles, but buying a One was still a huge waste of money because you could have waited for the Scorpio and missed literally nothing of value.

The better they do, the harder the "fuck you" is to Xbox One buyers.
>>
>>379066007
Same goes for PSPro tho
>>
>>379066007
You never had a Xbone, how can you even know what a xbone owner feels? Stop putting words in our mouths.
>>
>>379055640

The only possible way is to cross platform with PC games. Since, you know, it's technically already a goddamn PC. They have nothing to keep me interested.
>>
>>379055640
Define win.

>>379055936
That's nice. How much of that was profit?
>>
announce that they're shutting down the xbox division.
>>
>>379066007
>>379066221
Well actually as soon as the rumors started up that Microsoft was developing a new console, or wanted to make the Xbox modular, just a few years after the release of the Xbone. I basically said screw MS and decided that I'm not going to be buying a new console every 3-5 for a little performance bump. So now I got a PC that blows any console, out now, out of the water.
>>
>>379066054
A) The PS4 looks objectively better than the Xbox. Multiplats ran better on it already, so buying a One for those was a waste.
B) Sony went hard getting exclusive bullshit on their version of multiplats, further increasing the value in buying it for multiplats
C) Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 had been out already, as well as a few smaller exclusives like Second Son

Both are shit, but PS4 had a few good exclusives and it was better for multiplats. I own both and every time I look at my xbox I wish it just didn't exist.

>>379066221
I'm an idort. I don't know why you like a dick up the ass so much but I do not, so I will complain.
>>
>>379066861
And that's why Microsoft has committed themselves to destroying PC gaming as we know it.
>>
>>379066861
I own a PC as well and it's by far my favorite. Unfortunately though I have friends who play both consoles who won't switch to PC so I'm stuck enduring the suffering of whatever shit they shovel out.

But that's part of why I'm pissed. They know their market is like that, buying it just because that's what their market plays SHOOTEM TACTICOOL on, so they put the bare minimum amount of effort into making it worth buying.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.