[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jagged Alliance successor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: YouHaveToEatAllTheEggs.jpg (45KB, 475x342px) Image search: [Google]
YouHaveToEatAllTheEggs.jpg
45KB, 475x342px
Would you play a Turn Based Strategy game based on Jagged Alliance featuring cynical mercs, a gray moral system, and torture mechanics?
>>
It doesn't simulate drowning though. It is drowning.
>>
>>379052945
That's what propaganda/public relations is for. Misleading and deceiving the public.
>>
>>379052840
>Would you play a Turn Based Strategy game based on Jagged Alliance
Assuming it wasn't shit like most games based on Jagged Alliance, yes.
>featuring cynical mercs
Of course.
>a gray moral system
Depends on what you mean by "moral system". If you're referring to an alignment, karma, or paragon/renegade type of thing, probably not. I mean it probably wouldn't ruin the game enough if it was otherwise good, but that kind of cheap shit isn't what JA is about. If you simply mean that the game as morally grey situations, then there's no problem.
>and torture mechanics
I wouldn't drop a good game just because it has torture, but Jagged Alliance is about tactical combat, not about acting out your masturbatory edgelord fantasies. If you're wasting time adding "torture mechanics" you're not making Jagged Alliance games.
>>
>>379053459
I'd like it to be realistic, so torture should be a thing. And it would be a dismal way of obtaining intel, just like in real life.
>>
>>379053459
Also, give me some pointers/wishlist for a worthy successor of JA. I'll be writing this down.
>>
File: 1484793768753.gif (1MB, 232x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484793768753.gif
1MB, 232x200px
>>379052840
Why do they have to be cynical? Just once I want a game to have optimistic and cheerful mercs.
>>
>>379054258
Well, I don't see why can't we have some weirdly jolly mercs in a warzone, so noted.
>>
>>379054005
No, you want torture to be a thing because either you're an edgelord or it's your fetish. The fact that you prioritize adding torture mechanics over any other sort of mechanics that would actually fit the game is enough evidence of that. JA is a game about tactical combat with some very light RPG elements, not a "realistic" torture game.

>>379054201
Hard to make a comprehensive list off the top of my head, but here are some things I'd like to see:
>plenty of weapons to choose from with realistic or semi-realistic properties (if you really want something torture-like, what about more realistic combat damage? That would fit the game way better and still allow for plenty of edgelord cruelty)
>mercs with a personality and not just faceless mooks (I don't mind a more impersonal X-Com like approach, but part of what makes JA2 fun is all the one-liners the mercs use)
>different skills besides just how good they are at shooting, like explosives, mechanics, medic, etc.
>ability to climb on buildings and shit to get a height advantage
>different stances (like stand/crouch/prone) and a LOS-based cover system instead of just having "cover spots" like nu-XCOM and similar games
>Silent Storm tier environment destruction (not nearly enough games copy this shit)
>defensive situations (like the infamous Drassen counterattack) that require proper preparation in order to not get overwhelmed
>at least some basic stealth mechanics
>an action point or time unit based combat system, not that nu-XCOM 2 actions and you're done bullshit
>>
>>379055629
Ok, thanks.
>>
Tell me what you think about having a "consistency" skill that reduces the RNG.

All success checks are of the form:
CharacterSkill + random(0,(1-ConsistencySkill))
So a more consistent character has less variation in his/her checks.

Failing checks has worse consequences than over doing them. This way increasing the "consistency" skill is rewarded somewhat.

What do you think?
>>
>>379052840
No, they would fuck it up horribly and it would suck compared to JA2
>>
>>379058089
It's my dream. Would you be content if I don't mention anywhere JA as inspiration/motivation?
>>
>>379058527
If it is good it is good, but mentioning JA will get it compared to 2all patched up and failure will occur if it is not at least as good.
>>
>>379058870
Well, I'll do my best and give it the best mod support I can, or even making it open source, so ti can be improved upon. I hope that cuts it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.