[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What game has the best TALENT/SKILL SYSTEM and why is it Titan quest?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 526525-00164927.jpg (189KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
526525-00164927.jpg
189KB, 1024x768px
What game has the best TALENT/SKILL SYSTEM and why is it Titan quest?
>>
>>379050729
>titan quest
i swear i got that in fuckin cereal like 15 years ago and i couldnt play because i still had a shitty win95 PC with 2gb HDD
>>
File: 1496549507072[1].webm (3MB, 564x320px) Image search: [Google]
1496549507072[1].webm
3MB, 564x320px
There was some Gook MMO I remember playing, though I can't remember it's name that was really good with this. It was amazing in the Beta, but when P2Win at release and became fucking trash. I'm still mad.
You could pick and choose three classes to combine, then combine three different trees out of each, and there like like 10 classes, then pick talents and shit. It ended up with like there being at any one time, like 30 good builds, with like another 50 which were good for very specific things.
>>
>>379050729
>choose which colour you want your leftclick to be
>best system
No
>>
>>379051062

You are speking of Archeage maybe ?

Some friends and I jumped in at launch... very very disappointing. Yeah you could mix three classes for tons of different results, but in the end 70% of the results were shit, and i don't talk about "not in the meta" shit, i talk completely unplayable shit.
Out of the 121 possible combinations, 11 or 12 were really viable, and, at launch at least, 3 of these were so strong that they were played by 80% of the serves. SO yeah, out of the 121 possible classes, only 3 were really played.

Add to that the whole P2Win aspect as you mentionned. The game was heavily focused on farming ressources and building houses and fields to grow these ressources... except you need to be premium, and even then, there was so little space to build shit on that in the first hour of launch, the big guildies who invested tons of money in the game to have a headstart ended up claiming everything, our group of 5 friends only managed to get a little spot because one guy was banned and his house foundation vanished before ou eyes or something like that.

Fuck Archeage basically
>>
>>379050729
swg
>>
>>379050729
that's not Ultima Online, friendo
>>
>>379050729
dream + something like fire
its OP.

but you dont have addon
>>
>>379050729
>pick 1 skill
>pick a bunch of other skills just to make that one skill good
>maybe grab a single defensive or utility school too
>good
Please.
>>
File: PhantomStrike.png (13KB, 76x76px) Image search: [Google]
PhantomStrike.png
13KB, 76x76px
>>379052175
Dream is broken in general
>>
>>379051867
Oh boy i remember day one Archeage... That was not "3 of these" that was one and only one purely OP class. It was called "Stone arrow" or some shit like that, and it could fuck up EVERYTHING !

The first weeks of Archeage you would encounter 85% of one server at a time playing Stone arrow that was insane, you could basically free kill everything that wasn't a Stone arrow.

So yeah, when you tried to play something like a healer (wich was near impossible at launch) or a mage, you would just encounter retards Stone arrows from the ennemy faction running full speed and obliterating you.
>>
>>379050812

Are you my old mate? He gave me his copy he got too, thinking my dad's computer could run it. It couldn't.
>>
File: Eberron Unlimited.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Eberron Unlimited.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
I could have more fun in a character planner for DDO than in playing any modern MMO.

Fucking unparalleled character customization; it's almost a shame that in the expansions they made the game more balanced.
>>
>>379050729
titan quest skill trees were dog shit though
>>
>>379050729
rogue + spirit a best. shoot 3 projectiles at a time that deal aoe damage, poison, fumble attacks, and confuse. clear rooms no questions asked.
>>
>>379052391
i remember this retarded build that could keep you locked in a bubble while your enemy would just fucking nuke you in 2 seconds
>>
>>379052391
>tfw you went 100% hard counter to the meta with Dreambreaker and would win every single arena match you joined

ArcheAge was fun; would have been the perfect MMO if it weren't for the absolutely, abhorrently disgusting p2w monetization in it.

They even released 'fresh start' servers where they claimed to have fixed the monetization that ruined the old servers, but then revealed you could still just straight up buy in-game currency by selling tokens still and they were just removing shit like crafting materials from the gacha boxes.

I really fucking hate the modern MMO monetization scam. We'll never get a fucking MMO where you can just pay $13 a month again and have a game you can fucking play and unlock everything in fairly.
>>
>>379052650
Motherfucking GIMP builds and parties were the shit! Crazy fun times.
>>
>>379052650
Fucking hell just play actual D&D
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.