[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...oh, what it could have been https://youtu.be/OK5-EIzDtKo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

...oh, what it could have been

https://youtu.be/OK5-EIzDtKo
>>
>>379050558
This was all waifu emblem's fault.
>>
>>379050558
?
Also i see in that trailer is art from all those different games, theres no gameplay or story in that trailer.
>>
File: 1467471717351.jpg (302KB, 830x740px) Image search: [Google]
1467471717351.jpg
302KB, 830x740px
>>379050558
TMS was good and all but I want my medieval DeSu/Majin Tensei.
>>
How would this even work story wise? Aren't most FE characters way weaker than SMT chars?
>>
I don't need to play a game to see portraits of old characters.
>>
>All they needed to do was have a game where the character goes to high school and does social links stuff with the "Other" world being a Fire Emblem world of your choice where they would be their own special classes and doing social links IRL allows you to recruit their unit inside the FE world.
>Instead got an Idolshit JRPG that has nothing to do with either franchise that got heavily censored when brought overseas because nintendo went "Muh Family Image"
>>
>>379051809
SMT has no social links
>>
>>379051809
I'm not really clear what difference you're attempting to describe apart from 'fire emblem world of your choice', which is obviously a completely unreasonable idea since it would involve literally hundreds of characters going unused in a given playthrough.
>>
>>379051375
I was going to write something like this >>379051809

Or the precise opposite - Persona with FE characters
>>
Don't bother. Redditors start foaming at the mouths and can't even argue when anyone dares to say anything bad about hashtag effee.
>>
>>379051809
They could have just picked devil survivor, added some random fire emblem game mechanics and cameos and called a day.
Or they could have just said that FExSMT was cancelled and promoted TMS as a standalone game.
Instead they went for a bait and switch and they wondered why people were mad.
>>
SMTxFF never
>>
>>379052014
>Implying they weren't aiming for Personashit to begin with

How do you think they ended up with the high school idolshit?

>>379052053
I don't mean that as "You get to pick the world" as the player, I meant it as they just choose an FE world/setting and roll with it, whether it's Magvel, Tellius, etc.

>>379052058
Persona in a magical medieval setting would be pretty dope.
>>
>tfw no KisekixSMT
>>
>>379052356
That's kind of what they did though. They just picked Archanea.
>>
>>379051375

>Demons destroy comps and summoning powers.
>Most SMT protags are much less useful.
>Stephen opens up portal to other universe for help.
>Team up with Fire Emblem Lords and their armies to battle demon hordes.

Well that problem took all of five seconds to overcome. How that answer didn't come about but "Okay let's have Chrom and Tharja as personas for high school idols" got approved, who the fuck knows.
>>
>>379051093
>TMS was good
Came here to post this
>>
>>379052356
>How do you think they ended up with the high school idolshit?

If they were never going for SMT why add SMT in the trailer in the first place? You do realize Persona is BIGGER than SMT so there had to be reason they still went with the latter
>>379052406
Sorry, i prefer my SMT games to not have 10 times more dialogue than persona
>>
File: MIDevilSurvivor_cover.jpg (79KB, 256x230px) Image search: [Google]
MIDevilSurvivor_cover.jpg
79KB, 256x230px
>>379050558
Could have been this.
>>
>>379052489
>SMT protags are much less useful
>Just FE but against Demons
That sounds like shit
>>
FE Echoes literally had SMTIV style dungeoncrawling and people still say they can't see what FE x SMT would've been like.
>>
>>379052586
>SMTIV style dungeoncrawling
You've never played SMTIV
>>
>>379052548
Probably because it's still atlus and it's still loaded with mechanical and design elements from the megaten franchises. It amuses me that people think a working title is ever something to take as gospel.
>>
>>379052565
Sadly the same director/team of FE X SMT was responsable foir this game.
>>
Would have still been awful.
>>
File: 1387048709543.png (25KB, 303x302px) Image search: [Google]
1387048709543.png
25KB, 303x302px
>>379052579

Let's be honest, the more the gameplay leaned towards FE over SMT, the better this hypothetical game would have turned out. SMT's influence would have come with the environments, music, storyline and endgame route options instead of its boring-ass "spam bufu on the obviously fire-based guy" type of combat.
>>
>>379052746
>Probably because it's still atlus and it's still loaded with mechanical and design elements from the megaten franchises.

Nah that don't cut it, you can make the same argument that all those mechanics exists in persona but they go out of their own way showing each mainline SMT saying "yeah we're gonna combine mainline with FE" Doesn't matter if it's a working title when they clearly baited 2 specific fanbases
>>
>>379052489
Why the fuck not just have the SMT protags summon FE characters as demons? It's a lot less stupid than your thing

Regardless TMS, as unappealing as it was to anyone who actually was excited for the crossover, was the game the director wanted to make. The real issue was that the announcement was for an essentially different game and came way too fucking early.
>>
>>379053109
I'm not sure how you think they baited fire emblem when it has literal fire emblem characters from a literal fire emblem world crossing into another universe that runs on a variation of smt rules.
>>
>>379053028
Right, because FE doesn't have the same type of shit with their weapon triangle.
They even coloured them like fire grass and water for the phone game.
SMT still has one of the only combat systems worth a damn where buff, debuffs and status ailments aren't just viable, they're required if you don't want your ass handed to you ON THE BIGGER FIGHTS.
>>
>>379053184
But that is kind of what they do. None of the human characters have any powers or weapons not granted to them by a supernatural being.
>>379053226
Of course, the weapon triangle exists in game too.
>>
File: Arba&Sinbad.jpg (79KB, 807x324px) Image search: [Google]
Arba&Sinbad.jpg
79KB, 807x324px
>>379050558
>...oh, what it could have been

I know the feeling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivwgE_t8a5s

No we're stuck with capcom releasing the same DD 4 times
>>
>>379053028
So what you're saying is SMT offers nothing gameplay wise and can only offer cosmetic shit.
>>
>>379053028
Nah

Special Hama/Mudo skills that are permadeath spells if used on any of your recruits which you'd have to go to the compendium to rebuy them and they can only potentially be used by bosses
>>
>>379053435
He meant the gameplay wouldn't have made sense.
>>
File: tmp_23255-29c(3)-2065337712.jpg (39KB, 649x480px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_23255-29c(3)-2065337712.jpg
39KB, 649x480px
>>379052280
>They could have just picked devil survivor, added some random fire emblem game mechanics and cameos and called a day

So TMS then? Because what you're describing isn't even all that different from it.
>>
>>379054969
Devil Survivor is a grid based TRPG, not a dungeon crawler.
>>
File: 1493605356422.png (3KB, 597x493px) Image search: [Google]
1493605356422.png
3KB, 597x493px
Say what you want about Dramas Light but that shit is criminally catchy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyB4wOn4lVM
>>
>>379054969
It's not idolshit for one and that is a HUGE improvement
>>
>>379055627
FAAAAIAAAA EMBUREM
[SPOILER]I AM STILL MAD THAT WE GOT THIS PIECE OF SHIT OF A GAME
>>
>>379054969
>about games I've never played
>Devil Survivor
>So TMS then?
This is some insane irony here.
>>
>>379052646

Not him, but so much of that game reminded me of SMT IV, like villager sprites just being shrunken down artwork that enlarges when talking to them or attacking a 3D enemy and transitioning into a 2D battle screen.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.