[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you want in the next Animal Corssing game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 17

File: 1456614919535.png (275KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1456614919535.png
275KB, 500x375px
>>
murder mysteries
>>
>>379037589
this
>>
>>379037540
Terraforming.
>>
more short, chubby thiccness
>>
I want them to keep doing what they have been doing since the first game. Keep making the same game except better. Make a game better then new leaf, which is a great game.

Personally I would like more landscaping. Make setting paths and whatnot cleaner. Allow land plotting to plan where new villagers move in. More options for public work projects.
>>
Odd Jobs with mini games like Fable. Pays out decent bells but not game breaking mayor bells. Maybe villagers can randomly offer them.

Bad idea?
>>
let me fuck the birds
>>
More interactions with NPCs

Seriously they used to have side stories and stuff but now we just interact with them and go on our day. I mean c'mon, what do we really about Isabelle?
>>
File: 647467498.jpg (8KB, 160x200px) Image search: [Google]
647467498.jpg
8KB, 160x200px
>>379037667
>terraforming
>>
Gameplay
>>
I like the idea of having one set in a big city with the character moving into different apartments as they get more bells.

Maybe let you invite villagers places.
>>
isabelle doesn't hog the space, I hate how she was the only one to greet me when I launched the game I would also like to make mitzi the assistant instead of her

music goes back to being more "quirky" and less piano like New leaf
>>
RPG spin-off
>>
Exploring
Explore dungeons with villagers and stuff
>>
ACTUAL FUCKING TOPOGRAPHY HOLY SHITSNACKS
>>
Expansion to animal and fossil collecting. I know most people play the game to focus on their houses, but I personally enjoy autistically collecting all the fish and bugs for the museum instead. Also, I want a store that's open 24/7. NL's Night Owl Ordinance helped a bit, but it still fucked me when I was up at retard hours and couldn't sell my beetles.
>>
File: tumblr_nl7n43dIHO1u5firdo1_1280.jpg (26KB, 600x381px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nl7n43dIHO1u5firdo1_1280.jpg
26KB, 600x381px
>>379038529
Oh yeah.

Don't forget how they dumbed down the dialogue so much for the recent titles, especially with villagers saying how they're hungry/thirsty for x food half of the time.

It's not just nostalgia goggles. The gamecube release has so much better dialogue, and the animals are actually super cheeky and will insult you occasionally. Of course everything has to be squeaky clean and safe now.

My idea? Roommates. Hear me out. Our houses get bigger and bigger yet they always feel so empty. If we could designate a room or two for one or two villagers who we choose to live with us, while also designing the rooms like Home Designer, it would be so amazing
>>
File: 1473796557250.jpg (57KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1473796557250.jpg
57KB, 640x427px
>>379040035
Also if I may continue, can we do away with arbitrary timers for a lot of things? I get that it's *supposed* to be a game where you only play a little bit each day, but it never feels like enough.

Let me build more than one streetlamp/bench at a time. I have millions of bells, I will pay.
>>
>>379039796
>long day
>heading to bed at 2 am like usual
>get comfy in bed playing some NL

I swear to get it is the most therapeutic game in existence. It's so calming and nice in most cases. Shame my 3DS hinge broke and I had to freeze the town. There's nothing quite like it.
>>
I want to be able to look in more than just one direction (north). Return shops to the town proper, and allow buildings to be placed in more than just one direction. Because the multiple direction would probably mean doing away with the rolling pin perspective, a camera similar to the N64/GCN camera would be cool. I pretty much want something that looks like the track in MK8

The customization introduced in HHD should be assimilated into future titles (yards maybe, increased resolution for furniture spacing, ceiling furniture, etc.)
>>
>>379040035
I almost never see the food stuff but yes dialogue is repeated a lot in NL, however I see dialogue repeat a lot in GC too which I play just as often.

Agree also with the arbitrary timers.
>>
>>379040035
Roommates would be pretty sweet, also an extra story and more rooms with bigger space for mansions would be nice (coupled with more space to store shit in lockers).
>>
Bring back the old fruit furniture stuff.
http://animalcrossing.neoseeker.com/wiki/Fruit_Furniture_Set
from GCN (N64)

The pear wardrobe and dresser looked so much better.
>>
>>379040630
Honestly more space to store shit in lockers could be the only thing they add in the new AC and I'd be perfectly happy with it. In a game where collecting is encouraged, it's absurd that you don't even have close to enough space to store like 75% of the items in the game.
>>
I want relationships with villagers to have greater complexity, but it's hard to imagine how they would implement that. It would be cool if you could invite them to do stuff with you.

>>379039684
Seconding this. an RPG layer would be pretty cool.
>>
File: 1432773202033.jpg (41KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1432773202033.jpg
41KB, 550x512px
>>379037540
To not be a mobile title.
>>
DELET BALLOON FURNITURE SET
>>
to not be on the 3ds so i can use online services i'm not banned from
>>
No grid houses. Let me play things at any angle and at any density. I want more freedom to create lived-in looking houses. And I want houses to not all be the same square configuration. I want house looking houses.
>>
It might just be me but I liked the downtown area from City Folk a lot more than New Leaf, however I really like the ability to see other people's homes and order furniture through the Happy Home Academy, which you should be able to do through dreams as well since those japs make the best towns and homes.
>>
File: new and old.png (384KB, 400x538px) Image search: [Google]
new and old.png
384KB, 400x538px
>>379040742
this.
>>
>>379040742
I think I'm missing something here. What's so different about the pear furniture in NL?
>>
>>379037540
A return to the basics
>>
>>379040948
I think it would be nice to see a return to the original in terms of camera and village layout. The power of newer hardware would take away the need for the buffering between acres, and towns could be much larger
>>
Bigger world, more to do

Flat world, I like the GC animal crossing style and not the round style of the 3ds/ds
>>
I wish they'd remove the city hub stuff. I hate how club KK and tom nook's store feel disconnected from the rest of the village.
>>
This thread sums up nintenbros perfectly.

>I want another rehash of the same shit I've been playing for 15 years and paid $50 for 5 times already
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 590x421px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 590x421px
One gripe I had with NL was how obnoxiously long it took to invite friends to your town and have to keep reopening and closing that stupid gate for them, just make it so they can automatically take the train in and so you can visit other towns of non-friends in random visits.

Also a minimap showing where each character is at at the time would be nice.
Fuck man I threw 250 hours into New Leaf and would buy a Switch for a new AC game.
>>
>>379041159
Fuck off with your consolewars bullshit to a waifu thread or something else please.
>>
I want more of an incentive to utilize the Nook store, Retail has seemingly made it obsolete outside of buying stuff
>>
>>379037589
I don't know about this, but it would actually be really interesting if villagers threw parties, but not like they do now. Like, if a villager posted on the bulletin board that they were going to have a Halloween party, and when you go it turns out to be a murder mystery themed event and you have to go around talking to people at their house/hanging out just outside in order to solve it. Also Valentine's day parties where you get matched with a villager, Christmas themed parties where you exchange gifts with someone, etc.
>>
>>379040894
NL in general is pretty ugly if you ask me. I liked the old lighting engine from the original a lot more, and there's that awful "sheen" texturing effect on all of the animals, the grass, and all the clothes that makes everything look like it's coated in donut glaze or something.
>>
>>379040895
Look at >>379040894
I mean, yeah, autism or something, but I liked the old pears more.
>>
>>379041159
There hasn't been a console AC game in nearly a decade, and I didn't play that game so it's been since the GC era since I've been able to play AC full screen on my TV.
>>
>>379041486
Can we stop making buildings "zones" that you phase in and out of with a loading screen? I want to walk in and out of my house freely.
>>
>>379041494
It looks more like some weird twill/canvas to me, but yes, it looks pretty bad when it's everywhere
>>
More villagers per town would be pretty cool (like 20 or so), I always get so paranoid about my originals leaving and not being able to meet more of them.
More ocean stuff to do would be cool too.
>>
>>379037876
You think placing furniture outside would be bad? Obviously most players are just going to make the town look like garbage but the dedicated players could really take it far
>>
>>379037540
A better version of the Gamecube one. Fuck anyone who wants gimmicks, you're the cancer killing AC.
>>
I want cars, fancy cars.
>>
>>379041389
Just don't respond to him anon
>>379041632
Either that or the ability to get villagers to permanently stay in your town. Maybe it goes against their design intentions, but I think of all game developers in any country, a Japanese game developer should be able to recognize how strong waifuism is.

>>379041641
I just don't see why anyone at nintendo would care how other people design their town.
>>
>>379037540
no more cilinder effect, free camera and not having to build everything facing the south
>>
You can label a villager as a "best friend" in order to keep them from moving out and maybe have certain events with them, like they give you an extra gift on your birthday. This would satisfy most of the waifu fags without upsetting the redpill fags.
>>
>>379041659
I want them to advance the life sim aspect of the series that was always the more interesting part which is why NoA's advertising focused on it until NL yet been easily the least advanced aspect as the series goes on, rather than the customization aspect which has always been the actual focus of the dev team as evidenced by the additions to every game and what they've said in interviews. The worst part is those two aspects are basically in their nature at odds with each other.

There's a lot of individual things I want them to do to that end, like make your interactions with villagers have more lasting meaning, make it so the world doesn't need you to constantly babysit it for things to advance, put more variety into the world itself with shit like actual topography to the maps, seeing the villagers have more of an actual personal life which ironically HHD got the closest to with how villagers will work in the various facilities on main street, and more. But sadly I don't see it happening.
>>
>>379041159
>Final Fantasy 7
>Final Fantasy 12
>Halo Remastered
>The Last of Us Remastered
Just stop.
>>
New Leaf but with events from the original but more fleshed out. And more events that happen in the night like the wisps.

And a way to tell villagers where to settle without exploit. Being a mayor was great and offered a lot. All they needed was a way to tell Animals where to go. And maybe bring back errands and give said animals more interaction
>>
Roommates, dating, marriage
>>
>>379037540
Hi Nintendo Dev, looking for some ideas?

For one, stop making the inventory system so shitty. Items should Auto Stack for fucks sakes, its not fun to have to pause every 3 seconds to stack fruit.

It'd be nice to see maybe different occupations that you could partake in for the late game. Buying your own plot of farmland to grow different types of plants would be cool.

Being able to design a house that's not just full of rectangular rooms would be nice.
>>
I really want them to use the track assets from Mario Kart 8 for the new AC title, they looked absolutely stunning especially with the different seasons.
>>
I want a grid based system for pwps. Having to talk to isabelle every time you want to see where they'll be placed sucks.
>>
Natural disasters
>>
My idea is pretty autistic but I think it works well:

Instead of your character being the mayor, he should be a businessman who's been called in to fix the town. The town will be completely blank at first aside from the Town Hall, and the Market section from New Leaf returns but is still closed off.

Your character has to build and decorate each villager's house, but can upgrade them as the previous games allowed you to do to your own houses. The bigger the house, the larger the amount of rent that's paid to you (but once the house becomes big enough a small amount is taken off for tax purposes and shit, basically just so you're not getting easy money). You can also decorate the house around the villager's personality, sort of like HHD, which will increase interest rates, meaning more money to be paid.

There are also a lot of non-housing buildables that can be upgraded, and come in a variety of styles. If you want a more urban-setting for your village, you can have skyscrapers, or maybe turn the Town Hall into a castle for a medieval setting.

To start out you'll need to attain bells in the same way you have in previous games, but as you get more money through rent you won't need to do it as much, but maybe there could be a system where the happier your villagers are in your village the higher the value of bells are, or something. Meaning that you'll get more money for shovelling rocks and shit to make that whole thing not pointless.

I think it's a good idea, but might not fit into the series. It's also too much work to implement for Nintendo.
>>
>>379042721

I agree with everything but the increased interest rates for designing the house to the villager's tastes. I'd like it if the villagers just had more gradients of nicer/friendlier when you treat them better. Like it's been said before, it'd be good if the grumpy villagers went back to being pieces of shit who took a long time to warm up a bit.
>>
>>379042986
Couldn't both happen, though? More money and the villager is nicer to you.
>>
File: sauce is lokiroki on tumblr.png (108KB, 540x550px) Image search: [Google]
sauce is lokiroki on tumblr.png
108KB, 540x550px
I wish it was a lot easier to dress up & customize your villagers. It would go a long way towards seeing the same villagers in different towns and being able to believe that they're actually different critters.
>>
a dating system
>>
File: HNI_0032.jpg (25KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0032.jpg
25KB, 400x240px
>>379043138
that's what HHD is for
>>
A mix of asshole villagers so everyone doesn't seem like a pillhead zombie. Tired of everyone worshipping your cock like you're the hero of a JRPG.
>>
>all these great ideas
Geniune players in this thread
>>
back to the chibi models
the long slender ones are ugly

Basically Wild Wolrd with prettier graphics and more shit to do while keeping it's cosiness. NL somehow didn't captivate me as much as AC and ACWW did.
>>
>>379038529
On top of this, bring back the option to ask for chores
>>
File: Hazel and I.jpg (26KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Hazel and I.jpg
26KB, 400x240px
>>379043261

Damn nigga, that's kawaii.
It took me a lot of effort to put a swimsuit on Hazel.
>>
File: squirrel.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
squirrel.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
Better dialog and a 24 hour shop, I can't fish or catch bugs after 11pm.

Yeah, there's night ordinance but fuck that, I have too many flowers to consider ever switching from the beautiful town ordinance. Maybe let us have two ordinances next time.
>>
>>379042721
I really dislike the idea of decorating villager's houses for them. Part of what makes the villagers fun is they have their own agency to place their furniture in retarded places
>>
File: 1396558625357.gif (904KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
1396558625357.gif
904KB, 500x279px
>>379043425
>There are people who like hazel and have her in their town at this very moment
>>
Each non villager NPC should have their own story arc like Resetti's in NL
>>
>>379037540
the ability to ask villagers if they want anything done like in the first one
>>
File: HNI_0015.jpg (33KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0015.jpg
33KB, 400x240px
>>379043312
I don't give a shit about having assholes or not, but the whole mayor framing tool just leads to everyone metaphorically fellating the player. Really not a fan of that, I just wanna be another villager.

>>379038529
Well according to her brother she has the highest IQ of literally every character in the series and has nineteen engineering degrees from different colleges which she did for fun. They also grew up homeless in a cardboard box.
>>
File: Is that you mayor.jpg (2MB, 1142x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Is that you mayor.jpg
2MB, 1142x1186px
>>379037728

Minish Cap shortness?
>>
>>379043138
It would be stupid to simply dress them up because they're characters with personalities, not some AI fuckdoll.

I agree with having more of an influence on them though. Maybe you could influence your town's fashion by displaying clothing and making everyone believe that's the hot shit. Talking personally to them and convince them to try new stuff on by making presents and stuff. Convincing a villager to try something on that isn't his style would be hard work.
>>
>>379043683
yaas
>>
File: lucky.png (4MB, 1280x1624px) Image search: [Google]
lucky.png
4MB, 1280x1624px
I'd like villagers to be more important in general, so more dialogue options and such would be good

I think a steady source of a meaningful level of income of would be nice too, since prices have inflated quite a bit over time but there's still only a few ways to make lots of bells at once and they're always tiresome and monotonous
>>
I want them to make it on 3DS.
>>
File: autistic photographer.jpg (166KB, 1091x800px) Image search: [Google]
autistic photographer.jpg
166KB, 1091x800px
When you start a new town, you have the option to say "I'm visiting a friend" and your town will always have whichever villager you input. Half the reason I haven't gotten back into acnl is because I have to reset countless times just to start with one or two villagers I like.
>>
I want it to be bigger in scope.
It's been almost 20 years since the original but the game is basically the exact same still. In some ways they've actually gone backwards like dialogue actually being less than an N64 game.
I've pretty much played the same thing 4 times now so the switch one needs to actually improve upon the series instead of being a rehash for me to be interested.
>>
>>379037540
Literally anything someone living in 2017 would expect from a video game made by even a semi-decent AAA company.
>>
A conversation system that maybe unlocks more dialog options as you get different expressions from Shrunk. Also, going to K.K.'s shows gives you the live version rather than the standard album.
>>
>>379043676
Wow, she's even more of a shitty mary sue than I thought.
>I'm super cute and nice and ditzy, tee hee!
>Also I have 19 degrees in engineering despite working as an assistant to a political figure!
>Also I was homeless and lived in a box despite apparently having the money to go to 19 different colleges long enough to get an engineering degree!
Complete trash.
>>
character creator that isnt based on random dialog choices

Also I want to BE the Animal

AND ALSO Underwater/Cloud town filled with Sea/Air villagers
>>
>>379045696
It'd also be nice if KK wasn't a fucking hipster DJ anymore. It's bad enough that he's selling out and selling his music despite saying he wouldn't do that exact thing, but making him a fucking hipster is just a punch to the gut.
>>
File: CdYylcRWoAA2AYM.webm (433KB, 350x426px) Image search: [Google]
CdYylcRWoAA2AYM.webm
433KB, 350x426px
More than 8 slots for patterns and more storage space
A top-down view like the gamecube game but with at least some control with the camera, I'm tired of the rolling world and fishing is fucking annoying because the fish are always just outside the screen
More interactions/dialogue with villagers, and not all of them being so friendly from the start
A better way to build pwp
Choosing where the villagers move in or at least going back to the only-move-on-signs system.

Just more stuff to do
>>
>>379045826

Being a wandering artist doesn't do much to pay the bills, I take it. Still, he's been at it for a decade; man probably wanted to try something new.
>>
>>379044126
This. Honestly, the sole reason I've stopped playing New Leaf is because farming for bugs is just so god damn boring, and it's the only way to get enough money for house upgrades at a reasonable rate.

Even making coffee would be a decent enough alternative if it payed the same amount, but all you get from that is gyroids.
>>
>>379046096
I understand, he can't be a hobo forever, but the hipster glasses, the hat, and the shitty electro versions of his songs he plays pretty much scream "hipster".
>>
Animals can wear full outfits, including pants, shoes and hats. Also, villagers will actually try to upgrade their houses so you don't always end up looking so out of place in town.

>>379046098

>Not just farming large river fish and sharks in the summer

Dorado are retardedly common for how much they sell for.
>>
>>379045719
I just didn't care about her in NL, but all the characters fellating her in HHD's "main story" made me hate her, and then especially so after I got her brother as a villager and half of his dialogue is his sister's accolades and how great she is. And then Lottie I kinda liked in the game, and then the NL update literally threw in a line about multiple degrees for her as if to specifically piss me off.
>>
>>379045719
>>379046342

to be fair, you can literally just buy a degree to put up on your wall so I'm sure they're not all that valuable in universe.
>>
>>379046453
But he specifically says they're from colleges.
>>
>>379046096

>wandering artist
>bills

I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>379046620

One can only imagine how many guitars he's gone through.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.