[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is the pc master race going to get the best final fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: Final_Fantasy_Tactics_Logo.jpg (70KB, 621x254px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_Tactics_Logo.jpg
70KB, 621x254px
When is the pc master race going to get the best final fantasy of all time?
>>
The first time I played FFT was on a PC in 2002.
>>
File: 1494223690249.jpg (125KB, 793x692px) Image search: [Google]
1494223690249.jpg
125KB, 793x692px
Algus did nothing wrong.
>>
When you learn how to use an emulator.
>>
The best way to play this game is at 300% speed in an emulator while blasting the soundtrack at 150% speed.
>>
>>379035951
But we already have FF7 on PC
>>
>>379035951
Play War of The Lion's on a PSP emulator at over 60 frames. Even the complaining morons who think a frame drop would hurt a strategy game cant complain about a perfect game now.
>>
>>379035951
PSX emulators have been around for over 18 years now.
>>
>>379036479
There's a patch to fix the slowdowns. There's no patch to fix the shitty audio though, and if you think shitty audio doesn't ruin a game you know nothing.
>>
>>379036562
I never noticed any audio issues while playing and I played the original and WOTL more than people should ever play a single game. I'm willing to hear about them though. Most people who hate WOTL's cite "frame rate issues" and normally that would matter but in this kind of game it just really fucking doesn't. It's like when I'm reading a review of a black/death or punk album and people complain about "sloppy production" I think they may have missed the point somewhere just a little bit.
>>
>>379036127
The only things he did right were suck and die.
>>
>>379037095
Listen to any sound effect, or any BGM from both versions back to back. I don't have the musical knowledge to tell you exactly what's wrong, but if you can't notice it you're deaf.
>>
>>379035951
>play fft
>maps take forever to complete
>the camera is terrible
>ai is a nigger
>>
>>379037228
I don't remember the music sounding any different but I'll check the sound effects at some point. I don't really get why that would change either, audio quality should improve between the two pieces of hardware.
>>
>>379037474
So should performance. The port developers were incompetent.
>>
>>379037512
It's truly embarrassing that a game would launch with performance issues like WOTL had and all it took to fix all of them was a simple patch from a random guy in his spare time. And then they never released an official patch.
>>
>>379036479
My biggest issue with the emulated version is the annoying camera controls. How do I reliably change them so I can see what's going on?
Also, I want my bunny assassins
>>
>>379038670
SE just doesn't care about ports, they take shortcuts just to get them out and rake in the money. Can't even give the Steam ports properly-designed UIs instead of the unbelievably ugly phone port UIs.
>>
Im about to start this game for the first time. Should I play the psx version or the psp version? Anything I should watch out for?
>>
>>379038820
PSP version and get the performance patch.
>>
>>379036295
You're a sick man.
>>
>>379040136
why, i play all ff games on emulator speed like 8
>>
>>379035951
You can emulate every version of every FFT dumb ass
>>
>>379038820
Literally no reason to go PSX. It has a horrid translation.
>>
>>379038820
PS1 with the PSP translation. Unfortunately there's still one bad part about the PS1 version, the US version made jobs easier to unlock, which fucks the difficulty scaling. In the Japanese PS1 and WotL, assuming you don't grind, you won't reach the OP jobs until chapter 4 (last chapter). In the US version you can get them as early as chapter 2 without grinding. But PS1 is still the best option because it's superior in performance and audio.
Whatever you do, don't play with the PS1 translation.
>>
>>379036479
Is there a WotL patch that adds the old skill quotes?
>>
>>379040496
>not liking ANIMALS HAVE NO GOD
>>
>>379040793
Nigger what? The translation is the only reason some people say to play the PSX version, because they don't like the flowery PSP translation. And the PSP version's performance issues are easily fixed and have been since weeks after release.
>>
gba was better
>>
>>379041653
That's stupid. Ivalice is *supposed* to be flowery.
>>
>>379041653
I've heard that criticism but before War of Lions was even out people considered the translation of the original Tactics a botched job for years. Not in the sense of spelling words wrong or being incomprehensible but by changing large parts of the story by inadvertently getting details wrong. War of Lions was considered an improvement in that sense.
>>
>>379041653
I don't like the flowery language in the PSP translation myself. But the majority of it isn't, the majority of the text is written incredibly well. And if the trade-off is flowery language or mistranslations, I'd recommend the flowers every time.
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/175391853/#175425641
My favorite mistranslation in the game.
>>
>>379041834
>>379041876
I agree that the translation in WOTL is better, but that's a reason I've seen given for people liking the PSX version more somewhat often. As said, the PSP's performance fuckups are a non-issue.
>>
File: 1293646792751.jpg (676KB, 800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1293646792751.jpg
676KB, 800x1199px
>>379035951
It already has it. Emulator + v1.3 hack
>>
Can you patch the slowdown problem in the vita through adrenaline ?
>>
Post yfw Ramza is in the new Dissidia, but you know deep down that nu-square will never ever make another tactics game unless it's some kind of mobile microtransaction bullshit.
>>
>>379035951
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2&hl=en
LOL
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.