[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Games are good >Fanbase is awful What's her name, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1374782163623.jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1374782163623.jpg
111KB, 500x500px
>Games are good
>Fanbase is awful
What's her name, /v/?
>>
Dark Souls
>>
>>379033972

undertale
>>
All of them
>>
>>379033972
/v/
>>
>>379034090
This
>>
>>379034090
>>
>>379034090
tpbp
>>
>>379034090
/thread
>>
>>379034071
This, I love the game and the soundtrack is amazing but man are there some awful parts to the fanbase. There's some good stuff too, but it's hidden among a lot of cringe.
>>
A thought occurred to me a while ago that to one fanbase every other fanbase seems retarded while they seem to be the logical and cool ones. Kind of funny how it applies to every fanbase
>>
>Great game comes out
>everyone on /v/ loves it
>starts to get popular
>as the number of fans increases, the number of bad fans increases, logically
>/v/ suddenly hates the game, deems it to be garbage
>large portion of /v/ refuses to even play the game because people in the fanbase like it

this is seriously one of the most literally autistic things that I keep seeing on /v/

hating a game because of the fanbase is retarded

What's so fucking hard about ignoring a fanbase?

I was with undertale from when the first demo came out, and it was great, and I was super excited for the main game. That came out, and it became super popular, with lots of great fanart and music remixes. But there was never a single point in my life where the shitty part of the fanbase got in my way or something. The worst would have been some stupid cringey "undertale meets simplsons" video suggestion in my youtube sidebar. And you know what I did about that? Nothing. I didn't click the video, and it never bothered me.

I swear, people on /v/ treat every fucking fanbase that gets popular like it's the same thing as the MLP spam that was going on when that first came out. Even that barely mattered as it was only reaction images and shit 99% of the time.

How the fuck can you idiots let that influence you so much? Why do you click on shit if you know you're gonna hate it? Do you purposely spend your time looking up "sonic cringe" and then spent the rest of the day angry about the fanbase, despite the fact that like any other fanbase, the vast majority of people in it are normal?

What the fuck.
>>
>>379035239
For the most part.
I've never found runescape fans to be that annoying even though I hated the "game".
>>
>game is shit
>fanbase is even shitter
>>
shoot em ups
>>
>>379035364
Imagine having something you hate brought up every five minutes of every waking day for a month, and that no matter how hard you try you can't escape it at all. Wouldnt you learn to hate the people that are pushing that?
>>
>>379035364
>this is seriously one of the most literally autistic things that I keep seeing on /v/
Hmmm, it's as if a large portion of /v/ are contrarian autists.
>>
>>379033972
Trails.
>>
>>379035685
He just said it was always vocal minorities. You can't just say very few fans autistic then claim that most of another group are. People whine, in other news water is wet
>>
>>379035632
Oh fuck off. No one is bringing anything up every 5 minutes unless you are specifically going to a convention or something dedicated to that thing. At least give a realistic example.

>no matter how hard you try you can't escape it at all

give me one fucking example where this is the case with a fanbase

you can block shit on facebook, you can NOT click on youtube videos, you can skip reading 4chan messages related to that topic, you can avoid websites dedicated to that shit.

the only exceptions I could think of would be if you had a sibling or something that literally never shut the fuck up about it, and I still wouldn't hate the fanbase if that were the case. I would just fucking hate the sibling and think of them as an idiot. I wouldn't generalize my hatred to literally everyone who enjoyed the quality product.

>"boo hoo the COD games are garbage and filled with kids"
don't fucking play them then?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.