[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dust has been settled for almost 10 years, What did you think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

Dust has been settled for almost 10 years, What did you think?
>>
>>379032514

I remember the hype for this. This was supposed to be THERPG for PS3.
>>
Was this game actually good?
I always thought of buying simce the cover looked interesting when I was a kid, but I never actually ended up doing it.
Did I miss out on a hidden gem?
>>
>>379033404
>Did I miss out on a hidden gem?

/v/ never talks about it at all, if that's any indication.

Play FF13 instead.
>>
File: 1494995928096.jpg (119KB, 759x508px) Image search: [Google]
1494995928096.jpg
119KB, 759x508px
I remember being super hype for this, Knight's Contract and Cursed Crusade. How time flies
>>
>>379032514
A quiet disappointment. I went into it hoping for a substantial and well-polished single player JRPG experience and the story-mode suffered greatly because the game was designed for the lackluster multi-player. The one of the most expansive character creators I've ever seen, lovely attention to detail, and the awesome knight designs went to waste.

The references to the Dark series only brought me heartache and longing.
>>
>>379033512
>Play FF13 instead
I did and I never finished it, I stopped playing when you fight fangs summon and never played it since.
That was like 7 years ago.
>>
>>379033404
>hidden gem
No. It flopped because it tried to be a standard JRPG and an MMO and failed at both. All the care that went into the presentation (which is expectedly high-quality Level-5 stuff) didn't amount to much because it simply wasn't fun to play.

I remember wandering an enormous sewer/dungeon area full of giant spiders, and wandering a gigantic mine, also full of spiders, better than anything that happened in the story.
>>
>>379033697
>>379033404
>>379032796
>>379034475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEXvnoY-KoU

DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER THE HYPE!!!???!
>>
>>379032514

>Great multiplayer
>Comfy music and setting
>Amazing character creation and armor designs
>Simple yet highly customizable class builds
>Encouraged class diversity/synergy without forcing it. Quests were doable with any comp but more fun with good teamwork.

All completely wasted because people didn't like the single player story. A shame because it was one of my favourite games.
>>
>>379032514
It's one of the few games I've intentionally dropped.
>>
>>379035027
It's amazing how good this looked back then.It's also amazing how little of this trailer represented the final game. So many features that were cut in this short trailers. So much wasted potential. And now it's literally unplayable because the big draw of the game, the psuedo-MMO features, don't even work anymore.
>>
>>379032514
good ost tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBTDn2wqlBg
>>
Any chance of a PC release for both games?
>>
>>379036734
No. It wouldn't be profitable.
>>
>>379032514
I remember the story being fucking garbage, but the multiplayer being fun as fuck.
Also transforming into a giant knight mecha was badass.
>>
loved the premise for bashing together high fantasy, mecha, and HENSHIIIIN
clunky battle mechanics unfortunately killed a lot of enthusiasm
and then the sad grind on top of it just kicked it off a cliff
>>
I always had this on my list of things to check out.

Is it still worth trying out even without online functionality? Were the sequel & PSP spin-off any good?
>>
Thought it was decent. Played through it twice. Enjoyed going mech and wrecking shit.
>>
File: 124.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
124.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>379032514
Kinda slow ass combat, but I liked to see the return of a mute protagonist AND you could customize him. Only real shame about WKC is that so much of it was online which is now gone.
>>
>>379032514
they should re-release it on pc
>>
A game that would have been so much better had they not gone for the psuedo-turn-based combat. Skills and Spells were relatively interesting to use, especially with the combo system they had, but that god awful timer wheel bullshit slowed everything to a halt. Also didn't help that they had an archaic hit/miss system in place too. Enemy winding up a huge attack, so you step back? Too bad, you were already a target so you'll take damage even if you were 10 feet away from the impact area.
>>
>>379035027
What the FUCK happened with this game??????????????????

I never saw this till now but I played the game and its NOTHING like this.
>>
>>379036252
god damn, I listened to this song all the time when I first got the game
>>
>>379033404
>when I was a kid
>about to call you out on your bullshit
>february 2010

I want to die
>>
>>379032514
I only played the psp one, it was shit
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.