[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if I liked Undertale do you think I'd like actual JRPGs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 0e9.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
if I liked Undertale do you think I'd like actual JRPGs?
>>
In a lot of ways Undertale is a copy of Earthbound but so you'll almost definitely like Earthbound and Mother 3
>>
Probably not, my dude.
>>
>>379031962
No but I bet you would like reddit
>>
>>379033760
There's no difference between 4chan and reddit anymore, and there hasn't been for years. You're embarrassing yourself.
>>
Probably not.
You'd like the Mother/Earthbound Trilogy and maybe the first two Paper Mario games

But real JRPGs are kind of garbage.
>Nonsensical plots that always end with using the power of friendship to save the world
>Animations for attacks you'll frequently use can last over 30 seconds No exaggeration
>Comprised almost entirely of fetch quests
>Female characters will be depicted lewdly so often that you become desensitized

Seriously don't bother.
>>
>>379034105
Try playing some non shit ones dude, not all jrpgs are weebshit like nep or tales. Stuff like DQ, SMT, SaGa, and metal max are amazing.
>>
>>379034491
Well I'm gonna come clean. I tend not to like the slow pace of JRPG combat.

In Paper Mario and Earthbound its something I tolerate rather than enjoy.
I did like Undertale combat though since it felt like a bunch of Wario Ware microgames.
>>
>>379034751
Eh. I love Mother, its my favorite series, and it isn't really anything different from those in speed. The mother series was inspired by DQ, it' very gameplay is literally just DQ with some added quirks like the odometer health and the combo system in M3. I got into DQ since I loved mother.
>>
>>379034905
Well none of that really changes the fact that turn based combat just isn't for me outside of Pokemon.

Holy shit are we having an actual Vidya discussion on /v/? This is so surreal.
>>
Absolutely negative. By the atmosphere alone.
A single exception is the Mario & Luigi series. That is the closest you'll get.
Do you like figuring out how to SPARE or how to dodge? Try puzzle games for the former, Touhou forctje latter.
>>
>>379035135
this is actually the most genuine discussion I've seen on /v/ in years, you two are fucking heroes.
>>
>>379035135
Fair enough, all I was saying is jrpgs have more to offer then your generic low budget moeshit. Turn based isn't for everyone but i think as of recently it's been shit on more then it deserves.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.