[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aesir Corporation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: a bit closer to heaven.jpg (70KB, 776x476px) Image search: [Google]
a bit closer to heaven.jpg
70KB, 776x476px
Has any game done the evil corporation thing better than the original Max Payne? Max Payne portrays Aesir and its CEO as cold, calculating and ruthless without them ever doing evil for evil's sake and without resorting to cheap leftist tropes. (Unlike, say, Final Fantasy VII.) It is close to perfection.
>>
>>379022830
I'm dying for a new Max Payne. I would love a Max Payne game done in the style of Deus ex.
>>
>>379023002
>in the style of Deus ex.
Do you mean the visual style or the kind of freedom the player is given?
>>
>>379022830
Max Payne 1 and 2 are the best written games. 1 Should be in the Smithsonian.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv0y0On8ZGQ
>>
>>379023098
the style of freedom, I feel like it would fit really well. You have those detective type side missions and then the big corporation based conspiracy type main mission. The visual style should definitely be in Max Paynes style specifically the first game I loved that cold grimy look of the city.
>>
>>379023501
You'd think Rockstar Games, out of all companies, would have thought to put a bit of free roaming in Max Payne. But then again, it would have been bad to turn it into a full GTA clone.
>>
I just MP3 completely lacked a weather motif.

MP1 had snow.

MP2 had rain.

MP3 had nothing.
>>
>>379022830
>Max Payne portrays Aesir and its CEO as cold, calculating and ruthless without them ever doing evil for evil's sake and without resorting to cheap leftist tropes.

It's funny because Max Payne 3 does the exact opposite. The big bad guys are described repeatedly as "right-wing" and almost nothing else. It doesn't even explain why "right-wing" is relevant. I guess the writers just really loved the phrase "right-wing paramilitary group" (or however they phrased it).
>>
>>379025287
cockstar can't resist turning everything into biting political satire

max payne doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would give a fuck about right vs. left
>>
>>379025405
Then again, nobody expected Max Payne to move to Brazil and shave his head. It was all pretty arbitrary.
>>
Should I give the third game a try?
>>
IT'S PAYNE
>>
The final bump was an exclamation mark on everything that had led to this point.
>>
>>379025093

the Gunplay was good but I agree, the environment and setting was a huge letdown. I think 1 stage/level in Rio would have been ok but they should have put the setting somewhere with more gloomy "Max Payne" Atmosphere, such as London
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.