[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is he so hated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 31

File: hanzo-gameplay[1].jpg (46KB, 700x396px) Image search: [Google]
hanzo-gameplay[1].jpg
46KB, 700x396px
Why is he so hated?
>>
Deceptive skill curve
Attracts shitters and xXxLegolas420xXx crowd due to being the epic archer man with low risk
Has the ability to randomly oneshot you by simply spamming chokes
>>
Doomfist when?
>>
>>379022258
He's a heavily feast or famine character. When playing well, he is capable of 1 shoting every dps (bar bastion) with his primary fire, and Scatter Arrow wrecks all but the sturdiest tanks (who all die to a follow up shot). Furthermore, scatter arrow is more than capable of killing people behind corners leading to all sorts of rage.
When played poorly though, he contributes almost nothing.
Thanks to that little thing called confirmation bias, people remember all the enemy Hanzos that wrecked their shit, and all the shitty Hanzos they played with who didn't contribute anything.

Finally, he's almost never been in meta, so redditor meta slaves instantly spurg out the second he (along with any non meta character) is picked
>>
>>379022258
Japanese characters attract the worst demographic. He is by no means a bad character.
>>
>>379022258
Because is skill floor is slightly higher than the rest of the Overwatch cast.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>379022258
>>
>>379023340
this

weebs ruin everything
>>
>>379023545
This. They're both hated for the same reason: you can spam chokepoints and get a bunch of lucky kills
>>
His skill set is just not important enough in the game.
>Reaper is anti tank
>76 is better, can heal, dash
>Tracer can harass and pick off support while staying on point
>Pharah can rain down from above, hard to hit
>Genji can reflect bullets from Bastion, moves quickly
>McCree can stun and pick off foes while staying close
Hanzo just snipes and launches the biggest and easiest to avoid ult in the game. Hanzo on the point/payload is useless too
>>
>>379023649
>lucky
yeah ok, how about you git gud nerd
>>
Hes not reliable damage and you need at least 1 hitscan with Pharah being in every game.
>>
>>379023882
>killcam
>retard missing every arrow against some guy on your team
>you happen to walk around a corner and eat an arrow that wasn't even aimed at you
>>
Scatter Arrow is just a dumb ability. Its just way too unreliable, and annoying to fight against. Either it will oneshot you or deal no damage at all.

Sonic Arrow never feels like its as useful as it should be

One of the worst ults in the game
>>
>>379023805
>His skill set is just not important enough in the game.
>sonic arrows can reveal enemy team if launched at the right place
>can basically one shot tanks with scatter
>can one shot everyone else

>Genji can reflect bullets from Bastion, moves quickly
Of all the things Genji can do, this is your example? It's not his team killing ult, it's the Bastion deflection?
>>
>>379023805
t. Silver
>>
>>379023970
That's called suppression. The best hanzos in the world do it jack ass. It's no different than s76 doing tiny amounts of damage to everyone on the other team.
>>
>>379022258
Because he's the best
>>
>>379023805
He is defense tho
You are comparing him with Attackers.
>>
File: 1491613005637.jpg (43KB, 680x499px) Image search: [Google]
1491613005637.jpg
43KB, 680x499px
>>379022258
Because getting killed by a hanzo never really feels like you got outskilled. Either he randomly tags your head because he was blindly spamming arrows and you just die, or he shoots at your feat with scatter arrow and insta-gibs you.

Combine this with the fact that he doesn't actually contribute very much beyond being annoying as fuck, and you have someone who is terrible regardless of whose team he's on.
>>
>>379024060
>One of the worst ults in the game
Not with the most recent change. Position yourself well for a flank behind a wall and dragons spawn near-instantly. Very lethal.
>>
>>379023206
>Thanks to that little thing called confirmation bias, people remember all the enemy Hanzos that wrecked their shit, and all the shitty Hanzos they played with who didn't contribute anything.

>Finally, he's almost never been in meta, so redditor meta slaves instantly spurg out the second he (along with any non meta character) is picked

This all day. I can't count the number of times I've carried with hanzo after someone telling me to switch because "he's useless" then I get several team kills and I get "ANYBODY CAN PLAY HANZO." There's no winning with him, even if you are winning.
>>
Because most people aren't good with him, and unless their aim is amazing they sit on the high ground spamming arrows and not contributing toward taking a point/moving the payload
>>
>>379024397
>implying blizzards arbitrary categories mean anything

Hanzo is a DPS, so hes comparing him to other DPS heroes
>>
>>379024502
>and not contributing toward taking a point/moving the payload

This seems to be a common talking point that does not reflect what actually happens in game. In my experience the whole team is throwing and no one is pushing the payload.
>>
memes and hivemind.

Overwatch is a typical example of a game were everyone just follows the "meta" and if you dare pick outside that you will get flamed to death.
>>
>>379024678
Get out of Bronze

In all seriousness though Hanzos honestly should be near the payload on attack. Hes alot more of a mid range scuffler than a sniper.
>>
>>379022258
I hate him mostly because of the people who play him. They always seem to stand in the same spot even if they are killed multiple times, missing every shot while spamming "need healing". I also really hate when people instalock him along side a Widowmaker, I mean the game tells you what we are missing in terms of team comp, how can you be so dense.
>>
>>379022258
because 99% of hanzo players are terrible or noobs
>>
File: 1496150345277.png (1MB, 1040x826px) Image search: [Google]
1496150345277.png
1MB, 1040x826px
Because he's a dirty sandnigger OP
>>
>>379024060
SCATTER SHOT is an instant kill for everyone but the hp tanks.
>>
>>379025015
He's asian
>>
>>379024853
I'm silver and I'm always on the payload. I often have gold on payload time and eliminations. People still complain.
>>
>>379022258
I essentially never get to play hanzo because within a few seconds of the game starting someone instalocks him or widowmaker and i'm almost always forced to be our only tank or healer. So I tank or heal and silently resent hanzo player for being selfish assholes. The worst part is so many of them are awful.
>>
>>379024060
>Scatter Arrow is just a dumb ability. Its just way too unreliable,
It's not unreliable. The arrow's scatter pattern is always the same. If you shoot the same surface 10 times in a row the arrows will scatter the same each time.
If it's unreliable, its because you missed or you shot the wrong surface (eg, shooting stairs and expecting it to reflect up into your target)
>>
>>379024808
>memes and hivemind.
>Overwatch is a typical example of a game were everyone just follows the "meta" and if you dare pick outside that you will get flamed to death.

What started this? Was it mobas? I've been playing competitive games since the late 90s and I never noticed meta obsession until 2-3 years ago.
>>
People look to blame their failing on anything they can. I'm over lvl 400 and I can't tell you how many QP have people on mic bitching about whatever hero keeps killing them. It's almost always a problem of positioning and cool down management even more so than mechanical skill. You can see this with teams who have mastered both. That's when the whole meta bullshit becomes important. When both teams know how to aim and know how to use their abilities and know where to be at the right time, the only way to break the tie is to pick counters to the enemy.
>>
Archers in FPS.
The idea that arrows have a more lethal impact to the head then a bullet ever. Which is understandable. Both are equally lethal. What's more annoying is body shots with arrows vs bullets. Take Sniper Huntsman vs Rife from TF2. You can blind chuck arrows for more lethal damage then learning to headshot.

Now what archers in FPS need is ammo differences and less damage for body shots but should add say a movement slow. Harder to walk with an arrow in your calf then a bullet.
>>
Reminder that it still takes some skill to instagib with scatter. It's not a brainless free kill.
>>
It's because gamers are racist.
>>
>>379022258
basically his brother was fucking his waifu so he had to do something
still cuck though. thats why nobody likes him
>>
>>379024060
Unless you're tracer. I've never not die to scatter arrow.
>>
>>379022732
After the next hero at a minimum. The next hero is a support. Well unless t hey make Doomfist a support.
>>
File: 1496492504911.jpg (65KB, 446x604px) Image search: [Google]
1496492504911.jpg
65KB, 446x604px
Because people see Wraxu and wanna emulate him, failing horribly.
>>
File: shitsym.png (407KB, 1759x945px) Image search: [Google]
shitsym.png
407KB, 1759x945px
>>379022258
I think he's fine.

BUT THIS BITCH
>>
>>379022258
Hanzo players are often showoffs and he is known as a "tilt pick" in the community for a reason.
>>
File: 1475438251178.jpg (23KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
1475438251178.jpg
23KB, 515x515px
>>379025525
>aiming at someone's feet
>not brainless
>>
>>379022258

From his teams perspective
>Low DPS
>Rarely gets on the point
>Cant adequately protect himself dispirit primarily playing away from the group
>Constantly tries to draw healers away from the group because he wont use healthpacks
>Tends to concern himself with less important things like shooting Torb turrets or reinforcements

From the other teams perspective
>Non line of sight burst damage able to kill full healthed heros leads to feel bad moments
>Random one shot headshots because projectile hitboxes are huge leads to feel bad moments

From everyones perspective
>Has utterly infected quickplay along with Widow and Genji making some heros not viable in quick play on top of competitive
>Is seen so often in quickplay its a meme
>Rarely if ever switches despite being ineffectual and if he does switch its most likely to a Genji which still does not provide what the team needs

At this point the only ones that like him are the ones that play him.
>>
>>379028394
if i can i usually try to bank a scatter off a wall as someone's running through a hallway. it works a lot of the time surprisingly.
>>
>>379028247
>200 health character who needs two full seconds to do any damage and is useless outside of farting range
I seriously have no clue how people have problems with her. She's a mild annoyance at best. Give her some hot monkey dick and have a flanker blow up her shield generator. It's not hard.
>>
Because 9 times out 10, if there is a hanzo on your team, he's going to suck balls. I'd rather have a bad player play anything but hanzo
>>
>>379028394
No, I would call sym's beam brainless. If you just aim at their feet you'll only slightly damage them most of the time. You have to be able to reliably hit the sweet spot.
>>
>>379028641
Bitch got a halo 1 plasma rifle slowdown effect on niggas
>>
>>379022258

HOW TO FIX HANZO

SCATTER ARROW WHEN FIRED AT THE GROUND ONLY SPREAD OUT RANDOMLY

ALL ANGLED SCATTER ARROWS HAVE TO COME FROM WALL OR CEILINGS
>>
>>379022258
character who is entirely based on luck

even the worlds best hanzo players can't consistently land hits
>>
File: 1486878418384.png (947B, 416x454px) Image search: [Google]
1486878418384.png
947B, 416x454px
Is it just me or is Widow superior to Hanzo in every single way except his ultimate, which is superior.
>>
>>379029007
Nah, just get better at geometry dumbass.
>>
>>379028976
Slowdown doesn't affect your ability to shoot someone. In fact it helps because the worst thing to do against Symmetra is to jump around throwing your own aim off while Sym herself is jumping around throwing your aim off while taking advantage of her auto-aim gun. Stay with your Winston as much as you can so he can clear out her turrets and just shoot her.
>>
File: 1489443515850.jpg (64KB, 300x334px) Image search: [Google]
1489443515850.jpg
64KB, 300x334px
>>379028504
>Rarely if ever switches despite being ineffectual and if he does switch its most likely to a Genji which still does not provide what the team needs

so fucking true
>>
>>379029149
widows ultimate is better though

hanzo is a joke character put in because they hadn't ripped off the design of the huntsman from TF2 yet.
>>
>>379029149
She's the biggest one-trick pony in the game. If you're really good at that trick (headshotting people from halfway across the map) then she's great. If you're in literally any other situation she's complete garbage.
>>
>>379029149
>teamwide wallhack
>not superior to muh dragons
kys
>>
>>379029156
geometry is overpowered you idiot, not nearly as many people would bitch about hanzo if he didnt have his geometry shotgun
>>
>>379023970
>walking around a corner that is being spammed by arrows that can one shot you
Not very bright, are you?
>>
Character wise, he's a huge dick.

Play wise, he's not very good and one of his skills effectively rewards failure.

Very few players can play him effectively.
>>
>>379025276
I might be wrong but I think LoL started the whole trend, the devs of LoL even started to design the game purely around the "meta" stuff. And now you can get banned if you don't pick accordingly to the meta.

Games like LoL and overwatch have certain roles, and heroes that fit that role. Like a DPS,tank or healer. And if one of the lets say DPS character does much better at that role than another there's no reason to pick the weaker counterpart.
>>
>>379029149
>worthless dragon is better than wallhack
Are you seriously this stupid?
>>
Wallhacks are considerably less useful when the enemy team knows the wallhacks are up.
>>
>>379028504
>Rarely gets on the point
Hanzo shouldn't be on the point unless there are not many people on the point. You would be aiming better if you have some distance from enemies.
>At this point the only ones that like him are the ones that play him.
Too many people "maining" a character. I used to hate Hanzo to back in season 1 and 2 until I played around with him in quick play and arcade. His wallhack arrow is really useful on certain points and maps.
>>
File: 1494229675127.png (32KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1494229675127.png
32KB, 657x527px
>xXLegolazxX joined the game
>insta locks hanzo or genji or even junk rat on attack
>someone go healer
>>
EVERY
SINGLE
FUCKING
GAME
THERE;S
A FUCKING
WIDOW
OR HANZO
MAINS
FUCKING HSIT
THEY ALWAYS
HAVE THAT
PIECE
OF SHIETT
FUCKING GOLLD WEOPAOIN AND THEY FUCKIGN SUCK AND I KNOW THEY SUCK BECAUSE I FUCKING PLAYY MERCY AND WHEN THE REST OF THE TEAM IS DEAD BECASEU THEYRE ALL FUCKIGN GSARBAGE I HAVE TO BABYSIT THESE FUCKING HANZO WIDOW MAINS AND THEY CANT EVEN GET A FUCKGKIJNI HIT MARK I FUCKING HATE THIS GAME SO MUCH

Winston players are cool though
>>
Hanzo is only strong because the maps are so narrow and chokepointed that he physically cannot miss as long as he shoots down them. If the maps were open he wouldn't hit anything.
>>
>>379029632
>Hanzo shouldn't be on the point unless there are not many people on the point. You would be aiming better if you have some distance from enemies.

Yes I understand but most points are moderately to well protected from outside fire and if he is not on the point than its 6 bodies against 5 putting your team at a disadvantage. Many point fights go to the last man on both sides and if your down a man that means they immediately win.
>>
>>379029149
I just want widow to be able to hang upside down from her grappling hook while indoors. It's in her short and even in one of her fucking intros. Just ADD IT
>>
File: wukong.png (2MB, 1442x802px) Image search: [Google]
wukong.png
2MB, 1442x802px
>>379029707
ayyy I wish people gave Winston more love,

Golden Staff Monkey King is my favorite
>>
>>379025276
League started it yeah, RIOT didn't help with that jury bullshit and basically designing the game around it.

League has damaged videogames so much its kind of frightening.
>>
>tfw no gamemode which is basically comp-lite to practice off-heroes against the meta
>>
>>379030000
I have a strategy as Mercy when the team is shit
I call it "Mercy's wild adventure at the safari" and I basically pocket winston not giving a fuck about anyone else, you'd be surprised how many matches I won that way
>>
>>379030000
Yeti skin is better
>>
>>379022258
I just don't like getting instantly killed from scatter shot on the ground
>>
>>379029473
>lasts 5 seconds

Yeah, seems really good.
>>
File: 1473354083869.png (140KB, 285x270px) Image search: [Google]
1473354083869.png
140KB, 285x270px
>>379028247
>mfw got to masters playing only sym last season

Feels goodman.
>>
>>379028504
>>Constantly tries to draw healers away from the group because he wont use healthpacks

This shit gets my motherfucking goat. Screaming at me for heals, hidden away in some alcove somewhere. "Why aren't you healing me? Why aren't you healing me?"

I'M NOT HEALING YOU BECAUSE I'M ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP HEALING THE MOTHERFUCKERS WHO ARE PUSHING THE PAYLOAD, ASSHOLE.

Jesus.
>>
File: airborn-studios-wukong-winston.jpg (253KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
airborn-studios-wukong-winston.jpg
253KB, 1024x1024px
>>379030176
fuck that mustache its ugly on the safari skins too but its there for a reason

I also dont like the facepaint on Wiukong but at least its lore based
>>
>>379030110
Should call it "Mercy visits Detroit" instead
>>
>>379030949
"Mercy and Winston 2 : Electric Boogaloo"
>>
File: _thumbnail__overwatch__.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
_thumbnail__overwatch__.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>379030110
Harmony on monkey, Discord on healers
Watching the backline melt has never been so satisfying
>>
>>379024557
So what you're saying, is that you're silver?
>>
>>379031404
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acjf66Qdj2U
>>
>>379023805
Plenty of ults are powerful because they force the enemy to avoid them. I get a ton of mileage out of Hanzo's ult just by blocking off flank routes and forcing the enemy to tunnel through a single choke or give up a chunk of objective progress for free.

The only reason I don't play him more is because I don't believe in my own aim so I just play Winston and Reinhardt but one day I'm going to learn how to aim good and then I will play Hanzo 24/7.
>>
>>379023340
Yes he fucking is a bad character

Generic ass long range DPS bow user who can easily one-shot most of the cast, and nobody is safe from his scattershot-follow up combo. Only thing more aggrivating than his horsecock kit are the fuckhueg demographic of people who play him that suck shit as him.
>>
>>379031963
> Sym is a support character
> but torb is a defense character

Honestly, I classify the characters as tank, dps, support or builder. Much easier and simpler that way.
>>
>>379022258
there's no inbetween for skill with Hanzo
Good Hanzo's can decimate damn near anyone
Bad Hanzos are worse than a level 1 bot
I've never played a game where I said "yeah our Hanzo was alright"
>>
> All those roadhog shitters mad that they can't one hit kill over half the heroes
Reminder that an instakill move is not a counter. Hook should be meant to get you out of position so the enemy TEAM can kill you, not roadhog with one shot.
I hope Widow and Hanzo are next. One shot kills in a TEAM game is just not fun at all.
>>
>>379022258
Thanks for the filter thread OP. We were starting to get clogged up.
>>
File: 1481575062751.png (1MB, 900x703px) Image search: [Google]
1481575062751.png
1MB, 900x703px
>team for whatever reason has a Winzo and a Hadowmaker on top of the inoffensive Soldier 76 and McCree picks
>playing Zenyatta because we need a healer
>enemy Pharah and Mercy flying around with impunity in spite of this
>able to reliably take out 4 of the enemy team trivially with half-assed coordinated efforts but regardless of the presence of my "fuck this enemy in particular" orb nobody seems interested in shooting two hovering targets
>Hanzo's scatter arrow flies wildly into nothing
>snipers dead
>McCree invites them to step right up, is slaughtered the instant he begins standing still
>alright, 76, your time to shi-
>Genji is with you
>>
>>379032909
Mercy is getting the nerf bat next
between being hands down the best support right now and the prominence of PharMercy she can't possible escape Blizzard's awful "balancing"
>>
>>379033234
DON'T SAY THAT
>>
>>379033234
Ana is still the best Support, Mercy is just usable now.
>>
>>379031404
>Just want to play someone like 76
>No one picks a healer ever
>Have to carry the team with Zen again
One day I will get to play someone else.
>>
>>379033234
>being hands down the best support right now
only at lower brackets. Ana out heals her, and the utility of nade and sleep dart are amazing.
>>
>>379023805
>Genji can reflect bullets from Bastion
Did we just go back to launch week overwatch?
>>
>>379022258
His ult is fucking horseshit.
>>
Cancer arrow is really all that is wrong with him. The ability needs redesigning.
>>
>>379033234
I'll wait for McCree's high noon buff to go into mass production before we start talking about how prominent Pharmercy is again.

Mercy's ultimate buff makes for a better defense comp, but the other healers are still more prime picks in general.
>>
>>379033234
Ana is still better. Mercy is in a better place, but she's still only used for her ult
>>
>>379033406
His Ult is garbage, it might actually be worth something if it didn't move at the speed of snail.
>>
>>379033234
Ana still outheals her AND provides way more utility.

Ana is still one of if not the best supports in the game despite all her nerfs
>>
File: 1468799753236.jpg (12KB, 573x609px) Image search: [Google]
1468799753236.jpg
12KB, 573x609px
>>379033406
You must be that one Hanzo that tries to ult in front of the entire enemy team out in the open where everyone can see you.
>>
>>379033274
Mercy is the #1 hero pick in every skill brakcet right now
outside of proper tournament play she is in every comp that wants to win
>>379033346
ana can't autopilot like mercy can
>>
>>379022258
>Spam instead of aim
>Hit Knee
>Headshot
>>
>>379033558
That's just factually untrue.
>>
How do I survive as Ana if I'm a shitter?
Whenever a Genji or mr edgy come at me I just can't escape. at least with mercy I can fly away and hide behind somebody.
>>
>>379033538
I only played hanzo once and that was in one of those arcade matches.
>>
If you pick Hanzo or Widow on attack I will pick Winston and stand in front of you so you can't see anything. If you don't like it then switch
>>
>>379033752
Generally speaking, that's what your team is for. Also any Genji worth his salt can just follow a Mercy shifting to hide with her team, same with literally anyone with aim. It's not really that much safer as a Mercy unless you're following Pharah and you're chased by Reinhardt. Or you know, like, Silver.
>>
>>379033752
sleep their ass
douse them with Jarate and bodyshot them
>>
>>379033752
Sleep dart. That's why it exists, to give you a chance from whoever is coming to flank you.
>>
>>379033828
>I'm a little bitch that would rather make others game as miserable as possible and forfeit a perfectly fine match that could still be won
>>
>>379033868
>>379033910
>sleep dart
>against Genji "I mash E and win" Shimada
>>
>>379033752
Grenade the genji and if you have a mic, tell the team he is on you. He's gonna dash away once he is naded since you also would probably have been healed to if he is close to you.
>>
>>379033959
Cry more, I'm happy to ruin your game
>>
>>379033959
>I main widow or hanzo
I'd rather a trolling Winston then the usual shitty Hanzo or Widow on attack any fucking day.
>>
>>379034020
>turn 180 degrees
>when he dashes through you stick a dart in his robo ass and then move back and self heal with granny piss
alternatively just stick close to your team
>>
>>379033234
If you lost a bunch of ult charge on death Mercy wouldn't be nearly as annoying. In TF2 you actually have to build an Ubercharge, in OW literally any retard can die 50 times and then press Q
>>
>>379034020
Are you all thumbs or something? Bait the Genji with a shot, he'll reflect, you sleep dart after and either shoot,grenade,punch, or scurry back to your teams. I'm a fucking platinum shitter and can manage that, what's your excuse?
>>
>>379034049
You are a pathetic human being if you get that emotionally involved over a game. Like the guy that gets angry at monopoly and nobody likes.
>>
>>379022258
Someone ALWAYS picks him regardless if he's good on the map or not.

You know how someone always picks sniper on TF2 even on maps with no good sniping spots? Same problem.
>>
>>379033234
>supports ever being nerfed

L
O
L
>>
>>379022258
Racism.
>>
>>379033828
Except how would that bother anyone? Unless they stay in the one spot forever, which is a retarded thing to do, they have way more mobility than you and your cooldown jump.
>>
>>379034169
ult charge resetting on death would be cool since it would make them more meaningful and maybe make team fights less dependent on who presses Q the best
this would probably never work but god forbid Blizzard reward any amount of skill with a single character not named Roadhog
>>
Because his Ult and Scattershot enable the shit Hanzos who can't land his primaries.
>>
>>379033234
Mercy is only annoying on Defense maps like 2CP maps.

Holy fuck Anubis is fucking impossible on Attack if they have Mercy, bitch can just Rez them from the spawn room.
>>
File: 1486253446281.jpg (140KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486253446281.jpg
140KB, 1920x1080px
To keep a half competent sniper from just slaughtering everyone wholesale, games like TF2 included a "charge" to the sniper rifle, where to get the maximum output you had to stay scoped for a while.

With the Huntsman/bow, you're a sniper with a much faster output and "charge," you lack the zoom-in scope but this means you enjoy more peripheral vision and can fight closer to the main push/skirmish.

It might not make much sense, but I think it'd really weed out the worst of them and make his impact more meaningful if they forced minmum effective range and damage rampup, so that he isn't going around one-shotting people at point blank range. Not so terribly low he can't defend himself, but enough that you actually have to snipe to be effective with him and discourage him just running into chokepoints or at tanks and blasting scatter arrows into their shins.
>>
>>379034510
for what it's worth they've tried to nerf Lucio multiple times buff they keep buffing him to compensate, the major problem being they're not looking at what makes him such a vital pick. His speedboost makes him unique since only he can increase others speed which in turn helps the team roll out faster to contest faster, to make a vital push faster etc etc
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>379032340

Don't trust my aim either struggle so hard to time anything thats not hitscan. Yet sometimes when I'm dead tired I pick him for one last match on a whim. Not even caring whether I suck. Suddenly I'm a headshotting machine as if I tapped into something. Get excited, go in for just one more match and Im shit again.
>>
>>379033334
dude, right?
i'm always the tank or the healer because everyone instalocks shitty DPS classes like hanzo and widowmaker leaving me to always have to fill in the gaps
>>
>>379035104
tbqh alot of the balance problems are from poorly designed kits that make them mandatory picks regardless of how the numbers are shuffled around

genji will always be necessary because his swift strike is free instant damage. ana will always be mandatory because of her grenade, etc etc.
>>
Because

>shoots floor
>one shots you
>>
>>379028504
>>Tends to concern himself with less important things like shooting Torb turrets or reinforcements
You gave yourself away as being shit.
His MAIN job on any team is this shit. The whole point of running Hanzo is NOT to replace 76 or some other main dps, but to suppress chokes and punish slow, stationary, or predictable enemies.

So Hanzo excels at murdering Turrets, Bastions, tanks, and picking off reinforcements. That's his entire job. He has wallclimb specifically so he can get a vantage on turrets, tanks, and reinforcements/backlines.

He hits like a truck but what is his weakness? Travel time and drop on his projectile! What negates these weaknesses? Stationary or predictable enemies!

A good Hanzo kills the turrets and reinforcements so nobody else on your team has to dive to do it.
>>
File: 1487451573206.png (198KB, 520x388px) Image search: [Google]
1487451573206.png
198KB, 520x388px
>>379032696

>My sides

This
>>
File: 1494907376592.png (204KB, 540x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494907376592.png
204KB, 540x480px
>>379033234
Good. Mercy is garbage. She's a crutch hero for gamer girl tiddy streamers and casuals who can't shoot. She just follows her boyfriend around with a beam on him and if she gets jumped she mashes shift to fly around until her team defends her.

Even if you outplay her team, even if you kill her, she may well fly back in, press Q, and undo your hard work, because a skill-based ult is out of the question for the girlfriend crutch character.

Mercy should be fuckin deleted.
>>
>>379037041
t. genji player
>>
>>379036797
I play Torb pretty often and the thing is I will lock down a Hanzo while also dishing out damage and getting kills because my turret doing nothing is to irresistible for him. He will sit there and for 3 minute plink away at it trying to kill it while doing nothing else. The problem with going after reinforcements is map design its very hard to do this at range so while he is trying to hit that returning Mercy that is dodging his shots he put himself in a very vulnerable position and got himself killed.
>>
>>379022732
Blizzcon
>>
>>379037041
>outsniped a shit widow as mercy once

felt good man
>>
File: derp.jpg (287KB, 914x1433px) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
287KB, 914x1433px
>>379037218
t. everything player
Working on getting everyone to 8 hours atm. Started with the snipers to train my aim. Then moved to projectile heroes. Gonna do tanks and supports last.

>>379037426
Again, showing low rank.

Hanzo is not a long range hero. He does not sit back and plink at enemies from a distance unless he's utter shit. He's a midrange hero that uses his mobility, burst, and short CD wallhacks to win midrange fights. He scatters Torb from behind, then knocks his turret down.

He climbs up a side wall and launches a sonic at the spawn doors and readies a scatter for the first red silhouette to come out of them, knowing who it will be because he kept track of deaths in the kill feed.

I know most Hanzos sit back at Ana/Widow range spamming arrows through doors. Those guys are pure garbage. A proper Hanzo plays closer to McCree range and moves more like Genji. That's an apt comparison. A decent Hanzo is played like a Genji who can't go in. You find good cover, then use your wall climb to access unusual peek angles and get picks.
>>
File: 1463543919348.jpg (120KB, 351x482px) Image search: [Google]
1463543919348.jpg
120KB, 351x482px
>>379022258
His scatter arrow is sarcoma in the hands of a good player
>>
>>379037218
ahaha genji i need healing lol lmao genji mains (mercy main) upvotes to the left
>>
>>379038145
>most played characters are window and hanzo
kys
>>379038304
XD
>>
>>379038407
>chose the most accuracy-dependent, hard-to-defend-with heroes as a newbie to learn the game
>haven't touched either much since getting them each to 8 hours
hurr reading is hard. I was actually originally planning to get all heroes to 10 before going past that mark, but I did not want to play 2 more hours each of Widow and Hanzo so i changed it to 8 hours.

I'd say so far my best/favorite heroes are Orisa, D.Va, and 76.
Dat covering fire.
>>
File: 225.jpg (61KB, 680x1018px) Image search: [Google]
225.jpg
61KB, 680x1018px
>>379022258

He is a high skill character, but most of /v/ is terrible with him. To not feel bad about themselves they blame it on the Hanzo players.

Added to this comes the fact that most of /v/ blindly follows some random dudebros tierlist and if you don't exactly pick whats FoTM, you will get some intense nerdrage.
>>
The game would be much better without the wallhack abilities. You cannot dispute this.
>>
>Lucio and Zen main
>People still bitch me out just for asking to DPS.

Sometimes I just want to Junkrat and spam "Have a nice day!" the entire round.
>>
>>379039791
This game would be a lot better if you get rid of the nips, chink, and gook.
>>
It is impossible to convince me that Pharah is not a stupid hero. A semi automatic rocket launcher with a jetpack is just poor design.
>>
>>379039078
Yeah that must be why Hanzo has had such a presence in pro leagues. Oh wait he never did and never will.
>>
>>379022570
>Legolas
You mean Cutie_Katnisss96. This isn't 2002 anymore.
>>
>>379040127
Pharah is the least threatening Attacker in the game unless she has Mercy.
>>
File: 147398359301.jpg (40KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
147398359301.jpg
40KB, 722x349px
>Team has an orisa and winston
>Pick Bastion because I can melt both their shields very fast and kill them if they try to stop me
>They don't even have a single bastion hard counter on their team
>Team freaks the fuck out because LE BASTION IS LE BAD LE REDDIT TOLD ME SO

metatards need to drink the koolaid already
>>
>>379040173

You mean xXUchicha_Naruto98Xx
>>
>>379034049
>>379033828
I'll just sit down or ballet the whole match and turn off voice and text chat at that point.
>>
>>379040294
bastion's usefulness depends heavily on the map and whether you're defending or not

only meme spouting retards think he's never useful
>>
>>379024060
>scatter arrow is unreliable
>recon arrow is useless
>ult is bad

kek way to expose yourself as a shitter. scatter is the only way to reliably kill with hanzo, wall hack every 20 secs is laughably powerful and combo ulting with zarya is ez mode
>>
>>379040663

This.

Hell yes, he's viable even attacking for ground control purposes (i.e. not losing the fucking initiative) and helping the team fighting for chokepoints.
>>
>>379040663
Bastion also demands a team that protects him. A Bastion without an Orisa/Rein and usually without a healer as well is dead. He must have someone that blocks and peels for him and secondary heals are huge because sentry mode makes him a sitting duck and thus a magnet for every attack.
>>
File: 1481081107616.jpg (9KB, 167x100px) Image search: [Google]
1481081107616.jpg
9KB, 167x100px
>lmao brah It's just quick play dude who caaares
>>
>>379038705
Kys
>>
File: Hamzo.png (230KB, 664x503px) Image search: [Google]
Hamzo.png
230KB, 664x503px
>>379022258
Dying to him doesn't feel like you got outplayed, it feels like you were at the wrong place at the wrong time and walked into one of his logs.
>>
>>379042343
Then you get into ranked and those same retards go
>hurr it's just a game brah relax while I go Battle Mercy
>>
File: Screenshot (913).png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (913).png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>379022258
Because pic related is superior.
>>
>>379042343
People who spaz out in qp are the highest degree of autists, and usually the most toxic bunch of fucking cunts in comp. If you're crying in qp just kill yourself.
>>
File: 1491965112332.gif (1015KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1491965112332.gif
1015KB, 200x150px
>>379033959
>widow
>hanzo
>match that could still be won
???
>>
>>379042638
Most of the people who get mad in quick play don't play ranked. If they did play ranked, it was for like 1 season with a few games.
>>
>>379022732
Never ever because Blizzard is terrified of balancing a melee hero unless he carries a big ass shield.
>>
File: 1423423235551.jpg (28KB, 500x634px) Image search: [Google]
1423423235551.jpg
28KB, 500x634px
There's only two scenarios when it comes to snipers.

A.
>The sniper on your team is so utterly useless and contributes nothing to the point where you are not even aware of his/her existence until the score board at the end of the game

or

B.
>The enemy sniper have immediately achieved 3 kills from shooting at the spawn alone. Any attempt at flanking them is met with swift death upon entering the radius of the said sniper, who also happens to have a team protecting them well enough to make the gold in Fort Knox feel envious
>>
>>379042550
>, it feels like you were at the wrong place at the wrong time and walked into one of his logs.
I mean, that's a positioning problem
>>
>>379042638
I don't play comp outside of the 10 placements but it really makes me want to play it, lock in Junkrat, hanzo, or torb on attack and fuck around just so I can go "duuuuude It's just imaginary points lmao why are you so upset."
>>
>>379028036
>The next hero is a support
when will this meme end? they aren't following any rhyme or reason
>>
>>379042627
Not even the same class of hero. Widow is a long range gibber. Hanzo is a mid-range skirmisher.

Hanzo can't do shit from long range.
Widow is shit at mid range.
>>
>>379043347
They already announced they want each class to stay equal so that heros are not pigeonholed and we do not get any lopsided metas if possible. Support is currently down by 1 and is the only class down at all. So unless they go against what they said the next hero is a support.
>>
>>379025479
>Harder to walk with an arrow in your calf then a bullet.

I would love it if instead of doing high instant damage, Hanzo could stack movement speed debuffs on enemies. Leave actual sniping to Widowmaker, the fucking sniper, and provide a valuable fucking niche. Rather than being a fucking insta kill or total miss, geometry arrow could be used to AOE slow harassers like Genji or Tracer so they can be picked off.
>>
>>379043627
>Long range Mei

fuck no
>>
>>379043526
Why the fuck would having more of one class "pigeonhole" anyone? The game fucking launched with an uneven roster. The meta is actually incapable of giving a flying fuck about how many characters of a certain class there are, because they can still only play a total of six fucking characters at a time. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>379044093
but anon, Mei is literally a hose you barely have to aim and is a constant stream effect

Hanzo's arrows must be aimed, he lacks mei's bullshit "you can't hurt me haha" powers, and he has a fire and reload time.

It would be MUCH better on Hanzo

Admittedly I forgot Mei existed, because she is shit and cancer and the reason we will never have a fucking flame thrower, so the idea is moot I guess.
>>
>>379044276
>Hanzo
>must be aimed
good joke
>>
>>379038145
>everything player
>healers and good tanks are 50%-75% less than your two snipers

t. sniperdiaper
>>
>>379044203
Its the opposite and its about choices. Lets take healer since its the simplest concept to wort with. At start Ana did not exist by adding her they added a method of long range healing. By keeping each class filled and equal it means there will be new options to do different things across the board. If you only have Mercy than you are pigeonholed into player her if your team needs a healer. More choices is always good. This is also to stop them from forgetting about support mostly since creating new support heros is not as fun for the team.
>>
>>379044689
>long range tick heal
>close AOE heal
>mid range single target constant heal
>fire and forget slow regen buff

Whats even left, heals wise? IS anything left heals wise?

Symmetra USED to give bonus shields, and now summons a barrier. Torbjorn gives bonus armor.

What is even left for supports to do that isn't covered by a character in another class? Mei already slows, for example.

Something that might be cool is marking the ground with heals or buffs similar to 76's thing, but again, thats already done by 76's thing and Orisa's terrible ult already does damage buff in a fixed area.
>>
>>379043627
>slow harassers like Genji or Tracer so they can be picked off

Hanzo already does this, it's called shooting them fucking dead.
>>
>>379044913
Well their was that maximum health idea that was thrown around a while ago. Basically a hero that attacks the maximum health of enemies with an ult that moderately ticks off maximum health of all enemies in an area roughly the size of a mei ult. Then she uses that to build her resource to make health packs only her team can use and throws them out like Torb and his armor.

So effectively she doesn't kill much of anything on her own but significantly weakens enemies that get away or are say being pocketed. Just make everyones health reset when they die or when that new hero is killed and she is good to go.
>>
>>379023970
you low
>>
>>379044913
I'm guessing there'll be a Talon support hero focused around lifesteal, and redistributing stolen health to teammates as a heal/overheal.
>>
SAKE
>>
>>379045140
>>379045176
Stealing health to throw out as packs makes sense I guess.
>>
>>379022258
>Why is he so hated?
He's a sniper. Not much else has to be said, fuck snipers.

That he has an instagib shotgun as part of his kit makes him worse though.
>>
>>379033234
No lol.

Mercy is only good at lower tiers where players think they need a death mulligan to win.

The point is to not die at all.
>>
>>379023970
>be junkrat
>randomly shoot chokepoints
>win
wooow luck
>>
File: P_awp.png (338KB, 1060x627px) Image search: [Google]
P_awp.png
338KB, 1060x627px
>>379022258
>>
>>379028036
See doomfist looks like a charger from L4D, he grabs people with his small hand and beats the shit out of them with his big hand. But it's just like ana were if he hits an enemy it hurts them but heals his partners.
>>
File: 300px-HHH.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300px-HHH.png
54KB, 300x300px
Reminder Doomfist won't be a playable character.
>>
>>379045576
I use mercy when I need to solo heal and there's a fucking genji or Pharah or something else that will never ever ever fucking be in my LOSS to hit even as zoomed in Ana. Her use is i can tether allies and zip around. Her healing hose goes a surprising range if you don't let it break.
>>
>>379022258

the disparity between how much damage he deals, and how little a window available for retaliation
>>
>>379045741
Why would you need to solo heal in a game based on team fights?
>>
>>379023206
Don't forget thr sonar arrow. it's a super useful ability all the team profits from all the time but it can't be measured in numbers so it's oftentimes dismissed
>>
>>379045790
Randoms. Randoms are fucking retarded.
>>
>>379023805
"easy to avoid" runs both ways Shoot his ult somewhere you don't want the enemy to go instead of directly into them
>>
>>379045727
i see what you mean. assuming you posted pic related for a reason, i could see blizzshit doing something like that. they already ripped of MvM
>>
>>379040352
you mean "FrIgGeD_sPiNnEr2010"
>>
Why is Lucio one of the worst heroes to fight against?
>>
>>379023206
pretty much this
>>
>>379046593
"feel the healin beat"
>>
>>379046593
Extremely mobile, constant self-heal and now decent damage
>>
>>379046593
Because your aim sucks.
>>
>>379038145
>widow and hanzo main
>100 hours total
your opinion is less worth than a woman in aaudi arabia
>>
Both genji and hanzo just attract the biggest cancers of the playerbase, that's all it is really.
>>
>>379040005
>round starts
>pick sombra instantly
>wait
>mates pick genji, hanzo, widow, McCree and Tracer
>switch to Zenyatta
>ask for tank
>no one answers nor switches
>switch back to sombra and try to get her pixel spray instead
>>
>>379042638
>toxic
4chan
YES
>>
>>379047154
>pick genji, hanzo, widow, McCree and Tracer
holy shit except for tracer that's like the holy grail of bad
>>
>>379047467
I said to my gf if she ever joins a public match with not at keast one genji, widow or hanzo on eithet team I'll eat her out.

And I won't be licking her snatch for a loooong time.
>>
>Shimada of the Game
>>
>>379033828
but hanzo and widow are better on attack you fucking silver
>>
>>379047798
what a stupid bet
>>
>>379034659
>roadhog
>skill

KEK
>>
>>379047798
Either your gf has a rancid pussy or you're a massive faggot
>>
>>379048448
>licking pussy
ahahahahaha what a cuck
It's meant to stick your dick in
>>
>>379043342
Do it. You would never make it anywhere close to 3000 SR so we wouldn't meet anyways.
>>
>>379022258
Snipers are pretty much built to never play the objective. Why would I want a DPS who will never be there when the team really needs them when I could have a DPS that will be?
>>
>>379050924
I can tell you have a lot of fun in the bedroom...
>>
>>379022258
>random one shot exde
Also fuck genji. Get these fucking weebs out of my game.
Im a shitter that just started playing the game and i understand why those two get so much hate. if/when i git gud i doubt ill complain but fuck those two.
>>
>>379053190
How wrong you are friend.
>>
>>379024914
>I also really hate when people instalock him along side a Widowmaker, I mean the game tells you what we are missing in terms of team comp, how can you be so dense.
1. The game tells you wrong.
2. If you instalock the game tells you nothing.
3. If someone instalocks and you don't then that means you are the fill player. Fill.
4. Hanzo and Widow are fine for a teams DPS.

You should only be annoyed when someone picks Hanzo as a third/fourth DPS, or when the first DPS is also not hitscan.
>Wow this guy who can only play one hero didn't throw the game by not picking that hero, and gave you relevant information towards your pick before you made some redundant decision.
>>
>>379025267
Some of the surfaces have misleading textures. It's why Lucio can reset wall climb on seemingly smooth surfaces, or can glide across jagged edges.
Stairs can be particularly unpredictable. Some times they are ramps, sometimes there's a single step that the game considers low enough for you to walk over.
And it changes depending on graphics settings.
>>
Fucking scatter arrow is why.
>>
>>379040294
Bastion is the hard counter to double barrier or triple tank. All you need is a flanker to disrupt their ranged dps from stopping you. If you're not an idiot, genji can't even do shit to you.
>>
>>379022258
>Ready to fuck hanzo up
>He looks at ground
>Shoots
>One shot kill
Who designed this?
>>
For me, the reasons I hate Hanzo are:

>unfun to play (snipers are boring)
>unfun to play against (random instagibs)
>his voicelines/personality is shit (edgelord dick)
>his skins are shit (furry bait)
>He, along with genji and widow, are picked constantly in qp. 90% of the time they are shit.
>>
>>379057710
>>his skins are shit (furry bait)
Made me search furry Hanzo.
Thread posts: 239
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.