[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fighting games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: GGXRDR2logo.jpg (114KB, 549x362px) Image search: [Google]
GGXRDR2logo.jpg
114KB, 549x362px
Can you imagine if other genre of games were treated like the fighting genre?

>Sir I just finished this new map and weapon for our shooter
Good! Let's re-release the game at full price and let our fans who already own the previous game buy it again for half the price.

>But wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just release it as dlc?
Yep, but we won't get as much money that way.
>>
Splatoon would be well on its way to it's tenth installment.
>>
niche genre with small teams and high quality games. support the devs.
>>
>>379022167
Yeah I forgot that's how it's defended.
>>
This is less the fighting genre and more the kikery of Arc System Works.

It's one of the main reasons I refuse to get into either Guilty Gear or BlazBlue. There's always another new game coming out two months later.
>>
>>379022332
It's the entire genre though.
Street Fighter is extremely guilty of this. Which back in the day alright, it can be understandable, but nowadays it's just greed.
>>
>>379021636
>Should we add the last games DLC characters into the roster for the sequel?
>>
>>379022643
>let's just have them buy it separate lol
>>
>>379022536
You're right that's it's the entire genre but with ASW games, it feels worse because of how big the learning curve is for their games. There's no point in learning complicated characters if you know the game's going to die in 2 months. That's why the fanbase is never really growing for these games.
>>
>>379023646
I see what you mean, that's true.
>>
>>379021636
But they did release it as DLC. Are you retarded?
>>
>>379024394
A $20 dlc
half price as normal
$20 for two fucking characters
>>
>>379024753
two characters, rebalance, new story mode shit and episode mode for the rev (rev2 too or nah?) characters which you casuals seem to complain about not getting enough of.
>>
>>379024753
Hopefully they add a lot of features for free after charging the initial though. That was the case for Rev. Dizzy was basically given for free last time.
>>
>>379024753
And a rebalance
and new moves
and new stages
and more music
and new story mode
and more arcade mode cutscenes
and new online features
and updated trials and missions
>>
>>379024940
>>379024956
Like I said, two new characters all other shit come with the new characters or should have been updated to being with
>rebalance
Oh noes, lets re release the game again because I did something that every other game already releases for free, but its okay when fighting games do it
>>
>>379025203
ok so then play one of those other games? i dont see the problem are you being forced at gunpoint to pay for something you clearly dont care about anyways?
>>
>>379024947
Hopefully.
We'll have to wait and see I guess.
>>
>>379021636
So call of duty?
>>
>>379025283
Because I want to play this game that I like?
I was simply pointing out how if you make fighting games you can cheat people.

>I want to play this cool fps but I wish they would change this about it
>fuck off fag go play something completely different!
>>
>>379025471
well that sucks dude, dont know what to tell you, other than deal with it or dont.
>>
>>379025203
Nice goal post moving. So now it's not just 2 characters, but it still isn't enough

>lets re release the game again
But it's DLC

>something that every other game already releases for free
Every other game? What every other game? KoFXIV releases DLC characters. T7 is also going to release DLC characters and shit. Rev2 bundled everything in one DLC. What's wrong with that? Not to mention that Revelator had tons of free updates already (figure mode, post-Evo rebalance, Dizzy, etc.). What the fuck is the problem here, then?
>>
>>379025471
You must not like it that much, and that's fine.
>>
>>379025709
Exactly what you just mentioned.
It's a new game AND $20 DLC
You already proved my point, they added that shit for free and now this time you have to pay half of what you already payed for two fucking characters.
The "other" crap they added is less then what they fucking gave away for free.
Now you'll reply with some mental gymnastic shit to justify you paying 20 bucks for dlc that should be 5
>>
>>379025863
Just because I like something doesn't mean I'm going to give it all my money.
It's a business
>>
>>379025946
you're just replying with "some mental gymnastic shit" to try and force your view as objectively correct. you try to invalidate any points brought up with "w-well muh other games" and then do the same thing by saying that other games do this instead. if you dont want the game, dont buy it. it's 20 bucks, it's not going to be 5 bucks until an eventual sale so just get it then and stop being a little crybaby bitch about it.
>>
>>379026053
and they cheat they're costumers so i was just pointing that out in thread
But of course people are dumb enough to still buy it because it's okay when fighting games do it.
>>
>>379026069
See? You've done nothing to prove your point at all.
What I'm talking about is that they are cheating their fans, like all fighting games do and that it's okay when fighting games cheat their fans because fighting game fans are fucking retarded.
Why would I pay $20 for banana? Who the fuck would do that?
>>
File: 1493252701512.jpg (29KB, 263x343px) Image search: [Google]
1493252701512.jpg
29KB, 263x343px
>>379026053
Yeah, it's fine to like it, but there's obviously an early limit to how far that like goes. Honestly it is bullshit, it's not defensible, but sitting here circlejerking about it isn't going to do much about it. Don't like it that much, you really don't have to buy it. Or just wait for it to go on sale or something. It's your money.
>>
>>379026289
that's great dude, so dont buy the game. let us retards have our fun and you can go play one of those million other, superior games/genres. or you can keep crying like a little bitch.
>>
>>379026320
It's just me venting really and it feels good to know im not alone thinking its bullshit
>>
>>379025946
No mental gymnastics needed. It is NOT less than what we got for free. Figure mode, rebalance and Dizzy vs. two characters, revamped online, more story and a more thorough rebalance.

And besides, Dizzy and Kum cost $8 now that they aren't free anymore. Value-wise, the price checks.

The only real difference is that Rev 2 is "mandatory", whereas normal DLC is optional.
>>
>>379026404
You are never the only one thinking that, it's not that hard to search for the same sentiment. More people just feel like getting the game and playing is better than sitting around waiting on a sale or something while complaining about the price.
>>
>>379026338
Fighting game genre is my fav faggot
and alright, enjoying wasting your money
>>379026512
How is that not less then what we got for free?
>mandatory
Thanks for proving my point further
>>
>>379026780
>anyone on /v/ or /vg/
>liking fighting games
>>
>>379026780
Two characters are less than one? Story mode is less than figure mode? Balance tweaks are less than an overhaul? What the fuck are you smoking? Was Brood War a case of disgusting jewry or was it an expansion that changed the game? Why are we pretending Rev 2 is doing something completely unheard of and of no value? Get a fucking clue.
>>
>>379027173
>Why are we pretending Rev 2 is doing something completely unheard of
You're right, that's every fucking fighting game for you
I said fighting games retard
And hmmm lets see, I got one character for free and now I have to pay for her story mode, I got figure mode, a brand new thing for free and yet now I have to pay for just added things that are already in game
So yeah, we get less then what we got for free and thats every fighting game for you
>>
File: 1485264052218.jpg (30KB, 293x463px) Image search: [Google]
1485264052218.jpg
30KB, 293x463px
>>379027832
Then really, just don't play fighting games. One less person giving them money and they're all going to die anyways because nobody likes them anymore. Sounds like no skin off your nose to just drop the whole thing and let the retards play in their expiring sandbox.
>>
>>379028047
No thanks, as long as I'm alive I'll do what I love. I'll aspire to actually change things.
>>
File: 1495218861776.png (30KB, 115x189px) Image search: [Google]
1495218861776.png
30KB, 115x189px
>>379028126
By pissing in the wind on fucking /v/?
Enjoy doing absolutely nothing about your dying genre then.
>>
>>379028319
I'm sure that might help a passerby or two, sure but not what I meant. I meant I'll own the fucking companies.
Go ahead and keep sucking their dicks now.
>>
>>379028483
>implying I buy these shitty games
>>
>>379028593
Good then.
>>
>>379021636
>Implying GG Xrd Rev 2 is the norm where it can barely passes 100K

Tekken and Injustice are the biggest games right now and don't do that. ASW are known to be greedy bastards because it's easy for fans to buy their game no matter how many versions are made
>>
>>379024956
>>379024940
>goobers think paying for a balance patch is ok

Even capcbros dont have to deal with that shit
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.