[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 494
Thread images: 95

File: wow.jpg (818KB, 2560x1442px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
818KB, 2560x1442px
What went right ?
>>
>>379011614
Mechanics, characters, most supports, art/character design, soundtrack, and story. Map design is literally the only thing wrong with this game
>inb4 someone says the whole thing is bad because the maps are bad
>>
File: Luthier_Echoes_Portrait.png (45KB, 192x247px) Image search: [Google]
Luthier_Echoes_Portrait.png
45KB, 192x247px
>>379012143
Delthea, guess what? I made a friend today!
>>
This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYcqbcsBwL8
>>
File: 1444215601835.png (978B, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
1444215601835.png
978B, 192x192px
>>379012143
>most supports
>>
>>379012265
cats don't count, loser
>>
>>379011614
Oh, by the way, will it sell well? Do we have some numbers? I liked it way more than Fates.
>>
>>379011614
Fuck me, i cannot pass act 1 unless i get the fucking draco shield, I just can't go on knowing i missed the shield. Fuck you slayde, why the fuck you don't keep tryng to get to the heal spot forever? STOP PRIORITIZING ATTACKING!
>>
>>379011614
>right

fuck off, this is shittier than fates
>>
File: 1496102211345.jpg (532KB, 800x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496102211345.jpg
532KB, 800x960px
>>379011614
Presentation > Story. The plot can be as generic as it wants to be, but if it's told in a satisfying manner, it's still an enjoyable experience. There's a lot of little pieces of enjoyment that all build up to a fun time. The characters commenting in gameplay left and right, the NPCs in each town, the base conversations and supports, even if they're all brief and nothing special, they're small bits of enjoyment peppered through the whole game and keep it from feeling like a completely painful or simply dull time. This is what this game does so much better than Awakening and Fates.
>>
>>379012459
you can farm dracoshields starting in chapter 4. it is less grind to farm 4 scales off dragon spawns than it is to reset grind that chapter.
>>
File: woa.jpg (121KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
woa.jpg
121KB, 1366x768px
>>379011614
>tfw everyone has their final battle quotes
>tfw battle music changes in part 5
>tfw alm and celica hold hands on the title screen once you beat the game

thanks intelligent systems for making the best 3ds fire emblem game
>>
>>379012351
as in like, 90% of them. I wouldn't even really count the weak links as negatives for the game because they aren't even bad, just a little underwhelming.
>>379012431
On Japanese Launch week it sold 1/2 as much as Awakening and 1/3 as much as Fates in their respective launch weeks. Keep in mind it had minimal marketing and that Fates had 3 versions, so take that as you will. If I had to guess what that means, not amazing, but not bad by any means
>>
>>379012143
The supports were barebones shit. You learn virtually nothing about the characters through them and didn't have much meat or meaning to them in contrast to past games.

The plot had a good foundation but got much lamer and barebones as the game progressed, with Celica's journey feeling really pointless and her and Alm doing some dumb shit.

The mechanics could be hit or miss. Cheesing maps with "retreat" is pretty dumb and the unit spawns can be obnoxious as hell. Plus I don't like how easily characters can rack up a lot of crit.

With that said, I thought it was still a decent game. I liked the ideas they put in such as towns and the time control, but other shit like dungeons and map design didn't sit well with me.
>>
File: ecshWSB.png (230KB, 332x494px) Image search: [Google]
ecshWSB.png
230KB, 332x494px
>>379011614
music like the world map themes, Act 2 and Act 4's especially.
>>
>>379012710
Ok, i will give it one last shot, if slayde fucks it up, i will give up and move on.
>>
>>379012754
>alm ch 1-4
"this banner is really majestic, i wonder how much it cost to make"
"ouch! i looked straight at the sun and burned my eyes"
"that torch is really bright! best be sure not to burn my hands"

alm ch.5
"that is a banner"
"that is the sun"
"that is a torch"

they put way too much effort into the examine text, but it really payed off there
>>
>>379012754
>best 3ds fire emblem game
conquest exists
>>
>>379012797
>90% of them
There are like 6 good supports in this game are you kidding me? Half of my arbitrary number that's good is Alm's.
>>
>>379012754
>>tfw alm and celica hold hands
wtf isnt this game only rated t
>>
Supports here remind me sacred stones, that is good.
>>
>>379012797
As somebody who doesn't play Fire Emblem, I literally only learned this game existed yesterday. The only FE threads I ever saw by passing on the catalog were for the mobage too.

Why did they suddenly drop all marketing whatsoever?
>>
>>379013204
The gameplay was good, but the characters were very shit. Fates is the first FE game ever to make me skip dialogues.
>>
>>379013672
They literally only marketed awakening and fates

I still remember when I was like 15 or something, not on /v/ but checked ign regularly and things like that, and the way I found out about Radiant Dawn's release was that one day I just saw it on a shelf at Target.
>>
File: 1496425463928.png (579KB, 800x966px) Image search: [Google]
1496425463928.png
579KB, 800x966px
>>379013672
Because it's somewhat low budget remake by a B team of a game that was never too popular to begin with, and released on the 3DS after the Switch already came out.
>>
>>379012807
>supports
I enjoyed them quite a bit for the most part. I don't think they really needed to have a whole lot of meaning, since it's a remake that didn't have supports before. What's important is that you get to see how they interact, like with Delthea and Luthier or Clive and Mathilda. Maybe you missed some of the better ones with substance? Delthea and Clair shows how much Delthea cares for her brother, and Leon and Valbar gives us a look at how good of a person the big guy really is

>plot
The only thing I didn't like about it was Celica had no reason to sacrifice herself and seems stupid for doing so. I don't think that's what the original intent was, but it was mostly a matter of how poorly they handled context for her decision and how suddenly she changes her attitude. What stupid shit is Alm doing? For the entire game his goals remain pretty much the same, to defeat Rigel, and then at the end that changes to Duma. Stuff like Rudolf's ploy usually comes off to me as stupid, but I thought it was really cool because more than anything it was because he wanted his son to grow up strong and happy before the terrible shit he and the world would have to face.

>mecahnics
I was more talking about stuff like HP magic/skills, the way promotions and classes work, and weapons. The skills were a bit poorly balanced and oftentimes useless, but I think that'd be simple to fix just by letting you follow up with a normal attack afterwards. I like the idea of using HP for them a whole fucking lot more than "chance to do more damage but it's not a crit". The weapons were fun to use. It was fun to have another aspect to character growth in mastery of specific weapons, for the occasional skills that did matter. And the upper tiers felt like they were strong with appropriate drawbacks, rather than just crippling the fuck out of you and being useless like in Fates. Promotion is mostly just my personal preference though, because I find the idea of 3 tiers cool as fuck.
>>
>>379013204
>copy and paste characters
>dude lets not kill anyone lmao xDD
>edgy takumi subplot
>corrin foiled my plot again!
i sincerely hope you don't think conquest had a good plot
>>
>>379013972
Is there a Genny x Saber support or something? Fucking god how am I supposed to know all the supports?does the game want me to guess?
>>
>>379014067
fate had the worst FE characters, the worst plot, but the most content and best gameplay in the series.

I hope IS will get what Fates did right and wrong.
>>
>>379011614
It added Mila's Turnwheel which is the single best mechanic ever in a Fire Emblem game.

I'm going to really struggle to go back to the old games after finishing Echoes.
>>
>>379014198
>Story and characters as good as SoV
>Gameplay as good as Conquest
Can they do it?
>>
>>379014163
They actually don't, but their endings mention they both married somebody but neither makes a mention of who. Genny meanwhile has a base conversation where she mentions a preference for older men. It's not a ship that has a whole lot set in stone, but there's enough there for the imagination to wonder.
>>
>>379014067
Better gameplay and map design than the piece of shit that is echoes

Sorry I came to play GAMES here kid not read books

Echoes plot isn't even that good anyone the praise it gets is retarded
>>
File: disapproving_jinrui.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
disapproving_jinrui.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>generic as fucking plot
>most boring MCs ever devised by human mind
>complete dearth of supports, what few supports there are are extremely short and REEK of filler
>garbage maps that are extremely repetitive with the same dumb enemy AI
>the most tedious desert/swamp levels in any FE ever made
>entire game is piss-easy even without turnwheel, one of the easiest FEs right up there with SS and Birthright
>incredibly dated mechanics overall like lack of shops, completely unneeded Fatigue mechanics, restrictive equipment management, terrible weapon balance

you are actually fucking stupid if you think Echoes is good
>>
>>379014414
>better gameplay
>when tactical options like skills linked to weapons, magic draining hp, and weapons sacrificing speed for attack exist
I will give you that conquest had good map design, but fire emblem has always been about stories and characters and politics. not about """map design"""
>>
File: laughing_fairies.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_fairies.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>>379014651
>fire emblem has always been about stories and characters and politics. not about """map design"""

this is nu-FE everyone
>>
File: IMG_1302.jpg (166KB, 1012x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1302.jpg
166KB, 1012x750px
Is there any way to fix Res?
>>
>>379012807
You learn that Genny and Sonya were both dumped at priories from their one support, and that sonya is a lot like Genny's mother, and that both resent their parents for it. Sonya obviously does seeing as her father is Jedah. I miss when having a support together meant that the two characters had chemistry.
Sorry there's no crazy randumb falling into holes humor for you with a marriage cherry on top
>>
File: gennyfluff.gif (77KB, 540x424px) Image search: [Google]
gennyfluff.gif
77KB, 540x424px
>>379011614
I enjoyed it a fair bit. Not the absolute peak but a great addition to the series.
More than FEA and Fates though, because the game in general and overall was enjoyable to play through rather than some main aspects being amazing but others being so dogshit it's unbearable, like in Fates.
Favorite out of the 3DS FEs, high-middle in the franchise as a whole.
>>
File: Gaiden2.jpg (910KB, 1392x709px) Image search: [Google]
Gaiden2.jpg
910KB, 1392x709px
>>379014414
I really don't like this attitude towards games and a lot of /v/ seems to parrot it. Good gameplay is very important obviously. In most cases it's the most important thing. But so many people put gameplay at the top priority at the expense of literally everything else. For me, it's about how everything in the game works together, and how enjoyable it was as a whole product. I can ignore mediocre or even poor gameplay if it's tolerable and literally everything else about the game is enjoyable.
>>
>>379011614
I liked the one item system and it would have made the game even easier if you could hold multiple things
>>
>>379014616
>generic as fucking plot
welcome to fire emblem. at least it wasn't stupid like fates or awakening
i know this is an exaggeration but honestly you have to have played like 10 games for this to be true
>complete dearth of supports, what few supports there are are extremely short and REEK of filler
FE never needed supports. it actually functioned without them for a while.
it works because you are fucking fighting a war you dipshit
you obviously have never played FE1
>entire game is piss-easy even without turnwheel, one of the easiest FEs right up there with SS and Birthright
try playing on hard/classic.
>incredibly dated mechanics overall like lack of shops, completely unneeded Fatigue mechanics, restrictive equipment management, terrible weapon balance
it's a goddamn remake. of course things will be dated. lack of shops is good, thats how good FEs were. fatigue made sure you weren't just farming in dungeons. equipment made sure you were weighing the tactical choices of swapping out items.

fuck off nu-FE fag
>>
>>379015028
Yeah, same. I appreciated that you couldn't just throw items on a character to make them stacked as fuck, you had to actually consider their strengths and weaknesses and give them something that complimented and covered them properly.
>>
>>379014739
if you honestly think that FE is a gameplay-focused series you are fucking delusional and no amount of smug anime girls will fix that
>>
File: 1496365104591.jpg (80KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1496365104591.jpg
80KB, 400x240px
>>379012495
>>
>>379012143
Honestly, as fun as 5-range archers and 3-range mages are, I think the mechanics are garbage. It plays like an NES game and I'm horrified that Awakening got hated on when suddenly NES gameplay is being praised. It's horribly simple and even more or a stat-fest than Awakening.
>>
>>379015191
CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>379015359
Awakening put me off with its broken pair up (some units are just useless buffs for stronger units) and child characters making adult units irrelevant
>>
>>379014616
Let's not forget

>A forced romance somehow worse and more cringy than half of the Fates romances, except instead of two minutes, it's FIVE CHAPTERS

>>379015080
>Nu-FE

U wot m8

Fucking Mystery of the Emblem shits all over Gaiden.
>>
>>379015080
Echoesfags are fucking delusional lmao. I can't believe you're defending the shitty writing, GARBAGE maps, and incredibly easy difficulty. I beat the entire game AND postgame dungeon on classic/hard with 0 grinding. What a fucking joke. You have to be a complete retard to think this game is challenging, but then again, only a complete retard who defend Echoes' incredibly obvious flaws
>>
>>379015635
that's why i said best 3ds FE game, not best FE game that is obviously Radiant Dawn
>>
>>379015632
Honestly, pair-up isn't even needed since enemies don't pair up. It's basically a cheat since only you can use it.

The 2nd gens I agree to it somewhat, but amusingly enough it's way less overpowered than in FE4 where 2nd gen units pretty much became literal gods, like fucking Sety and his 105% speed growth.
>>
>>379015801
I actually think Radiant Dawn is pretty awful.

The story was retarded - especially blood pacts, the only likeable characters were from PoR, Micaiah Sue and the Loser Brigade were unfun to use, and some of the maps could be huge slogs.
>>
I said it before but still
The game is fine. Not the absolute best or worst, but a solid addition to the series.
Why does /v/ always resort to extremes with zero sense of moderation? Always has to be GOAT or TORTANIC 2.0
>>
>>379015779
>shitty writing
literally better than the disaster that was fates.
>GARBAGE maps
again, still better than awakening and birthright. conquest is the only place where echoes is beat in this category.
>incredibly easy difficulty
>I beat the entire game AND postgame dungeon on classic/hard with 0 grinding
>dude i totally beat this game without grinding it's so easy lol xD i dont need to show you any proof tho cuz its that fucking eazy lmfao
you are fucking retarded
>You have to be a complete retard to think this game is challenging
when did i ever say that?
>>
>>379015080
>it works because you are fucking fighting a war you dipshit
(lol, what? Are Awakening/Genealogy tier maps okay because its realistic?
>>
>>379016042
I mainly like Radiant Dawn for the depth that was unseen in the series up until that point as well as the scale of the main plot. though i will admit PoR is a better constructed game from a gameplay and map design standpoint
>>
>>379016064
Because when you dedicate so much of yourself to hyping up one game as being the best in the series, another game coming out that's almost a hard opposite of it triggers an immediate instinct to hate it.
>>
File: 1495919223334.jpg (50KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
1495919223334.jpg
50KB, 515x515px
>>379016230
Uh...yes?
>>
It's amusing/concerning how angry people will get over someone else enjoying a game they didn't. The first negative post in this thread is someone saying fuck off just because someone implied the game was enjoyable.
>>
>>379016042
The plot is tolerable but no more than that. Micaiah is nowhere as bad as people say though, she looks like a mary sue on paper but fills her plot role well, given she is supposed to be a divine-looking icon of her people obsessed with green haired todd howard.
It's mainly because the gameplay is very good and the story is barely tolerable, plus it's a good console one. PoR had great story but zero difficulty to speak of, so RD and PoR go very well together.
>>
>>379016320
Please be bait.
>>
>>379016123
>game is easy
>"try hard/classic"
this clearly implies you thought it was challenging lmao

god ur stupid

but I'm glad we agree Echoes is piss-easy
>>
>>379016589
you said it was easy. i merely was trying to show you that it can be at least moderate difficulty.
>>
File: 1416887027261.jpg (27KB, 279x304px) Image search: [Google]
1416887027261.jpg
27KB, 279x304px
>>379016561
>>
>>379016283
/v/ seems very instinctual.
>>
>>379014198
>Conquest
>but the most content and best gameplay in the series.
AHAHAHAHAHA

This is how you know someone only played Awakening before.
>>
It's funny how it's easy to tell these redditors who shit on Echoes have never played it
>>
File: lilina.jpg (89KB, 580x910px) Image search: [Google]
lilina.jpg
89KB, 580x910px
>>379015080
calm down anon. I loved the game, but you're not gonna change his mind and all you'll get with a post like this is more replies with the same shit you're angry at. "You're wrong, it's not shit because I say so" isn't gonna convince anyone.
Let's just try to make the thread comfy, and talk about the things we did and didn't like, yeah?
>>
>>379017202
>2013
>Universally agreed that Gaiden is shit
>2017
>Suddenly Gaiden is good

More like Echoesfags haven't played enough other Fire Emblem.
>>
>>379017449
>threadly reminder that faye's husband gets ultra cucked at the end
>>
>>379017503
>universally agreed
By who? Redditors like you?
>>
>>379014381
The main reason I believe that they aren't together is that Saber's epilogue mentions that he brought his wife about with him everywhere/showed her off, whereas Genny's epilogue says people don't know who she married, which probably would be contradicted by Saber's bit.
>>
>>379017503
I played the original up until Act 3 after Echoes was announced and stopped because of the difficulty spike there. Game has obvious problems, but is it so wrong that I liked it if nothing else than because it was different? I think it and some of its ideas that carried over into SoV could be genuinely great if they became series mainstays, if implemented properly. Dungeons would be fun if they had thought put into them, and like I've said in other posts I think using HP instead of RNG for skills would make the games a lot more fun.
>>
>>379017023

Which other game has most content then ?
>>
>>379016739
but I played it on the setting you said, beat the entire game and postdungeon without grinding, it was one of the easiest FEs I've played. If you think Echoes is "moderately challenging" by FE standards, you are not good at FE

>>379017202
>the only people who dislike the game are people who didn't play it
(lol
>>
Find a flaw.
>>
>>379018387
Radiant Dawn is significantly longer than conquest
>>
best mobile fire emblem since fire emblem 7
>>
>>379018658
she's not Mae
>>
File: Palla_Echoes.png (81KB, 130x484px) Image search: [Google]
Palla_Echoes.png
81KB, 130x484px
>>379018658
She's not Palla
>>
>>379015191

This is the most funny thing I've read all day.
>>
>>379018881
better hair than palla though.
>>
>>379018658

She got enough flaws that Marth didn't consider looking in her direction.
>>
>>379017449
she looks super fuckin fat in that thumbnail holy shit.
>>
>>379019009
That's not Caeda
>>
>>379015191
you are a grade A retard
>>
>>379012754
They do that from the very start, just let them run a bit.
>>
>>379011614
It's pretty much one of the best Remakes of all time.
This really isn't debatable
>>
>>379019186
i mean they never were adults from the start before you beat the game
still makes my heart warm whenever i see it
>>
>>379011614
It doesn't have waifus and ((((treehouse)))) didn't get their greasy mits on it. That's what went right.
>>
>>379015490
>>379018916
>>379019115
>t. nu FE babies that have never played any game before awakening
>>
>>379019785
are you fucking retarded? awakening was the one where story came before gameplay. fucking shithead
>>
>>379019785
>m-maybe if I say they didn't play other FEs t-that'll make my point valid

CAN'T

MAKE

THIS

SHIT

UP
>>
>>379018658
>>379018881
Their VAs were so good, they sounded... hungry or fulfilling with their voices.
>>
>>379019887
>he didn't play any of the GBA games
you can't be this ignorant, can you? this fucking stupid?
>>379019925
nice parrot you got there
>>
>>379020085
nigga i skipped half of the story in 7, it was that unimportant. stop baiting, no one is falling for it.
>>
>>379020085
I played all the FE games, PoR + RD, Awakening, and all 3 Fates routes

you're fucking retarded when you say FE isn't about gameplay

CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>379014825
You can't get your ass destroyed by Magic if it doesn't hit you in the first place.

That's the trick
>>
>>379019976
I needed JP voices for Fates but this had the same voice director as Nier 1 which is my favorite dub ever.

Alm, Lukas, Clair, and Berkut are my favorites so far.
>>
>>379014934
>He didn't read Celica's and Nomah's support
>>
>>379020170
>im an idiot but if i-i say he's baiting I'll win!!!1
oh please, im not the retard here.
>>379020230
play the NES games and tell me they aren't about characters and story. i dare you. the FE games are story/character driven. anything else that anyone says is /v/ parroting bullshit.
>>
Everything
High tier FE right there.
>>
File: are you le serious.jpg (45KB, 282x327px) Image search: [Google]
are you le serious.jpg
45KB, 282x327px
>>379020514
>im not the retard here
yeah, we're done here, retard.
>>
>>379019785

I've play every single FE except FE1 on NES. If retard like you favor story over gameplay, go read a damn visual novel. What a shit head.
>>
File: laughing_kyouko.gif (134KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_kyouko.gif
134KB, 340x340px
>>379020514
lmao not even a toddler would fall for your bullshit

Let's face it, the ONLY reason you say FE isn't about gameplay is because you completely fucking suck ass at it and can't beat games on anything above EZ mode. I'm actually laughing right now at how shit you are
>>
>>379020514

The fuck is this ? Alm has like...5 lines of dialogue in the original Gaiden. What kind of story focused game is that ?
>>
>>379020595
>b-but games are all about gameplay! story doesn't matter!
story and characters matter in a game that focuses on them. if the characters didn't matter the main draw of the games wouldn't be permadeath.
>>
>>379020756

Don't change the discussion, shit head. You get shit on because you said FE is a story focused game. Nobody's saying story doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1456604746675.png (2MB, 1672x1672px) Image search: [Google]
1456604746675.png
2MB, 1672x1672px
>>379016885
>It's okay when the maps are shitty
>>
>>379020756
>characters are the most important part of an FE!
>haha I mean characters matter

THOSE GOALPOSTS

CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>379014825
Yeah it's this skill called dread fighters.
>>
File: goalposts.jpg (26KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
goalposts.jpg
26KB, 300x240px
>>379020756
lmao this is too good. please continue retard.
>>
>>379019785
If you mean FE4, 5, 9 and 10 then maybe.

If you mean any other games you are a delusional retard.
>>
I liked it. Wasn't as "tactical" as other FE games since balance is skewed and the maps are huge, but the whole focus on making a solid team to bulldoze the enemy reminded me a lot of FFT and Tactics Ogre, which I also like a lot.
>>
>>379020723
>the ONLY reason you say FE isn't about gameplay is because you completely fucking suck ass at it and can't beat games on anything above EZ mode
no, its because i get invested in the characters and find the settings and worlds of FE to be compelling and interesting backdrops for characters and their relationships.
>>379020726
>1 game out of 15 has 1 character that has a few lines of dialogue in an NES game
>that means that all of these games have no character focus
you are fucking delusional
>>
How can you find motivation to finish maps when there is no engaging/interesting story and narrative, or characters to keep you motivated and find out what lies ahead? Conquest wasn't even that hard compared to RD, but it still took me over three months to complete it since it wasn't a good game.
>>
>>379020514
>play the NES games and tell me they aren't about characters and story. i dare you

What character? Most of your units beyond based Camus,Ogma and Navarre were literal blank slates. Most of Archanea's cast had no personality until fucking New Mystery.
>>
>>379021220
Honestly, the Fire Emblem elements interfere with Gaiden that's trying to be Shining Force/ FFT/ TO.

It's a lot more tolerable if you pretend it isn't a Fire Emblem game.
>>
Just started this game. What class should I make the villagers?

Gray - Mercenary is obvious.
Faye - Cleric?
Tobias - Mage?
Kliff - Archer?

how many clerics and pegasus knights do you get?
>>
>>379021231
>play the NES games and tell me they aren't about characters and story

nigga. That's literally what you said. Apparently, you're too full of shit so I don't wanna waste my time shitting on you anymore. Sorry.
>>
>>379021239
>How can you find motivation to finish maps when there is no engaging/interesting story and narrative, or characters to keep you motivated and find out what lies ahead?
Did you get lost on your way to the Disgaea thread or something?
>>
>>379021239
I started skipping the cutscenes pretty soon after the one where Azura shows you the crystal ball with slimedad inside it. Personally I'm someone who puts story in games below even music and graphics though.
>>
File: 1395265344047.png (29KB, 320x197px) Image search: [Google]
1395265344047.png
29KB, 320x197px
>Just started Act 4
>Can already use Mila's Turnwheel up to ten times
This needed to be like 1 at the beginning of the game and give it a MAX of 5.
You literally never have to restart because you get to mini reset 10 fucking times, and with hard being easy as fuck you'll never to use Mila's turnwheel in the first fucking place.
I'm not saying Mila's Turnwheel was bad, just needed to severely limit how much the player can use it
>>
>>379020920
>You get shit on because you said FE is a story focused game
My point still stands. If FE isn't a story focused game, why does permadeath exist? If FE isn't a story focused game, then why does the entire plot of most FEs involve the MC rising up and building an army to fight an evil empire? If it's just about gameplay why is it not a bunch of chess pieces on a grid?
>>379020993
making greentexts and typing in all caps doesn't make you seem smart, it only makes you seem like a massive retard
>>379021141
>this is what qualifies as moving the goalposts
jesus christ you people are retarded
>>379021476
>dude im not gonna respond anymore lmao
ok good job, you realized you were wrong. i applaud you.
>>
>>379014972
In FE's case the opposite is true more often. That is, there's an attitude that a good (or at least decent) story and 'non-gimmicky' (even if bland) characters are the most important things, while gameplay means shit all. You can really tell if you look at all the hate Awakening got for it's big route maps while Echoes gets a free pass for it.
>>
>>379021437
Meh, it didn't bother me all that much. IS, Nintendo and the game itself really beat it into your head that "hey, this game might be weird, but the original was weird and we want to try something different."
>>
>>379021453
i'm in act 3 right now.
kliff and gray are great mercenaries, kliff kinda breaks the game with the lightning sword at this point. faye as pegasus knight is great, too. i made tobias a cavalier, but he kind of sucks. you definitely want a mage.
you'll get a decent archer and cleric soon.
>>
>>379021453
Gray is definitely Merc and Faye definitely Cleric.

For Kliff and Tobin it's more open, Archer Tobin and Mage Kliff is the optimal choice. Mage Tobin has his use and Cav/ Merc/ Archer Kliff is decent too.
>>
>>379012459

Dude just use fucking mages
>>
>>379021453
Canon is grey - merc, faye - peg, tobias - archer, and kliff -mage
you want grey as merc, tobias as archer, kliff can be anything and still be useful, and faye as cleric.

you can make them all merc if you want to grind the shit out of the game, merc's third class can reclass to villager and loop for infinite levels, then reclass the villager to the class you want.

You don't get as many clerics as you want. You get more peg knights than you will ever need.
>>
>>379018658
Terrible voice.

Cuckbait
>>
>>379021634
I don't think anyone is defending the maps in Echoes but the lack of mechanics like awakening's pair up and ideal children creating gets SoV a lot of fans.
>>
>>379021634
Echoes gets a free pass for it because it's trying to be faithful to the original game which was kinda weird to begin with. Awakenings maps get shit on because they generally boil down to having an OP pair up in the choke and kill everything since 90% of the map is useless.
>>
>>379020514
>play the NES games and tell me they aren't about characters and story

You mean when over 60% characters have A SINGLE LINE OF DIALOGUE THE ENTIRE GAME?
>>
>>379021879
>Echoes gets a free pass for it because it's trying to be faithful to the original game which was kinda weird to begin with

Echoes should stop be getting a free pass period.
>>
>>379021612
you won't need to use it much in main-game chapters unless you are really trying to force some cheese strategy.

in the postgame dungeon the wheel does not reset because there are no save points and you will beg for more cogs.
>>
Why do Fatesshills get so triggered by people enjoying Echoes? Happens every thread.
>>
>>379021990
wow its almost as if because its a remake they couldnt change some aspects of the game???
>>
>>379021990
Echoes is actually a good game though.
>>
>>379021453
1 of both for alm at least
I like pegasus faye but an extra healer isnt bad
Kliff is better as a mage or merc
Tobias is a decent archer if you want another one
>>
File: constanze_gun.png (103KB, 230x343px) Image search: [Google]
constanze_gun.png
103KB, 230x343px
>>379022067
because there are legitimately a LOT of things wrong with the gameplay, and seeing Echoes get a free pass for the dumb shit it does JUST because it doesn't have waifus is fucking stupid
>>
>>379022067
Probably because not everyone thought it was the spawn of Satan, and every FE thread comes with a "Remember Fates? That is the worst thing I've ever experienced in my life and (insert old FE game or Echoes) is vastly superior in every way that matters."
>>
File: serious.jpg (113KB, 766x709px) Image search: [Google]
serious.jpg
113KB, 766x709px
>>379021627
at first i thought you were just baiting, but it seems like you are indeed retarded lol

stop posting
>>
>>379022218
>a LOT of things wrong with the gameplay
Like what?
>>
File: 1416883978439.png (261KB, 758x669px) Image search: [Google]
1416883978439.png
261KB, 758x669px
>>379022292
>t. fates shill
Ok.
>>
>>379021990
Thing is Echoes gameplay works with the map design. Awakening gameplay doesn't.
>>
>>379022339
see>>379014616
>>
>>379022067
>Game can do LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG just because it doesn't have MU or ending-changing supports

The hypocrisy is off the charts. If you had told me that Awakening haters would be loving Gaiden in 2013 I would never have believed you.
>>
>>379022218
even if there are more things wrong with echoes than fates, the removal of waifus and inclusion of traditional, canon pairings is a huge improvement
>>
>>379021939
—What do you think the genre of Fire Emblem is?

Kaga: I call it “roleplaying simulation.” It’s a new genre. Basically, it’s a strategy game. But strategy games typically are kind of “hardcore” and dry. (laughs) You only care about winning or losing the battle, and there’s no space for the player to empathize with the characters or story.

I love strategy games like that too, but I also love RPGs. By adding RPG elements, I wanted to create a game where the player could get more emotionally invested in what’s happening. Conversely, one of the drawbacks of RPGs is that there’s always just a single protagonist. Thus, to a certain extent, you can only experience the linear story that the game creator has prepared for you.

I wanted to create a game where the story and game will develop differently for each player depending on the units they use. Thus I added the strategy elements and arrived at this hybrid system.
>>
>>379011614
Dlcs are actually great
>>
>>379022389
>Gameplay is based on throwing high level units at your enemies on an empty map

HOW is it any different that Awakening, again?
>>
>>379022456
You realize how shallow this sounds right? It's especially true when you consider that the 'waifu' element of Fates is rather overrated, or that there's an idea that there has to be an MU in order for waifus to exist.

Answer me this. Why does Delthea look more like a loli in SoV than in Gaiden?
>>
>>379022521
>he thinks the skirmishes and random battles are the same as the major battles
LOL
>>
>>379022473
I agree with that. But you are blatantly spouting bullshit, it wasn't till the SNES games that units got actual dialogue and conversations and the GBA games for characters to get supports that expanded on their characters.
>>
>>379021453

I did Cavalier Gray, Mage Faye, Archer Tobias and Mercenary Kliff. We've been wrecking the game and I'm in chapter 4 so no regrets.
>>
>>379022417
>plot and characters
Your taste, I enjoyed them.
>supports
gameplay wise the bonuses were simple and useful like old FE, writing wise the random convos in towns did the fleshing out part
>lack of shops, restrictive equipment
I enjoyed it, led to resource management and deciding which units would use what, trading in battles was important, it was a cool system
>fatigue
HP getting cut in half never bothered me in dungeons
>>
>>379022042
>you won't need to use it much in main-game chapters unless you are really trying to force some cheese strategy.

Or your team keeps counter-killing Delthea. I rewound like 6 times that map.
>>
>>379022674
>Major battles

You mean solo-ing a fortress full of archers with your own archer?

Or rushing through swamps with your dread fighters?
>>
>>379022626

Not him but she's 13 in both.
>>
>>379022760
>Tfw the one time Clive would be useful in baiting, Delthea kept attacking Python instead
>>
>>379022626
Because the art style made her a loli? "Waifus" in regards to FE refers to the gameplay and marriage system overshadowing everything, it's not about policing every single art design.
>>
>>379022626
>You realize how shallow this sounds right?
No, not really. The removal of self-insert shit and waifus is a big improvement. And shows that IS isn't pandering to newfags and causals.
>the 'waifu' element of Fates is rather overrated
no it isn't. the waifu shit in fates and awakening was designed to sell copies, not make interesting characters. that's why a bunch of the characters in fates are just reskins of awakening characters, who are in turn just anime cliches.
> Why does Delthea look more like a loli in SoV than in Gaiden?
mere projection.
>>379022762
>picking out the worst map designs in the game as examples.
you can do better than that
>>
>>379022680
The gameplay in the NES games is awful as well. But the point is, FE has always been character driven, not gameplay driven.
>>
>>379022874
>"Waifus" in regards to FE refers to the gameplay and marriage system overshadowing everything

I don't even get this, it's like a 2-minute support sequence that does nothing else.

Fates went full retard with it, sure, but what did Awakening even do?
>>
>>379022521
Because Echoes maps are much larger and encourage you to more around more, since a lot of units have a ton of movement, archers and mages have a lot of range, cantors are huge faggots and witches slap your ass. Atypical mechanics for an atypical FE. Again, a lot like FFT and Tactics Ogre.

In Awakening, they throw in all these new mechanics, (infinite reclassing, pair-ups, eugenics autism, LOTS of skills) in a typical FE game with open maps. What ends up happening is that everyone uses the new, powerful features in spite of the traditional gameplay and open maps to just pair up, proc all the skills, create eugenics monsters and choke shit all day.

Having said that I like Awakening, but it is laughably broken at times.
>>
>>379023015
Compared to other strategy games, that is.
>>
>>379023027
>but what did Awakening even do?
It made the gameplay become completely centered around creating the ideal child character, who then promptly replaced the adults who you had an attachment to the whole half of the game because they just had better stats.
>>
>>379022723
plot, characters, and supports were all extremely simple and unoriginal, the very definition of mediocre

supports were fucking useless because there were so few of them. One of the characters has ZERO (0) supports if you recruited Deen instead of Sonya. That's not fucking "simple and usefl," that's nonexistent, and you're fucking stupid if you defend it

lac of shops and restrictive is more subjective but there's a damn good reason every other FE has them

fatigue is a pointless system that never should've been added. Literally the ONLY time where I even had fatigue was in the post-game dungeon, and even then I had so much food stockpiled it was just tedious to feed my units ever couple of battles
>>
>>379023027
>what did Awakening even do?
retarded and poorly implemented idea of children and stupid time travel plot that is poorly explained. eugenics is still a huge problem in awakening
>>
>>379023097
>>379023165
The game isn't even forcing you to field them, just Chrom.
>>
>>379022831
But just look at her original design vs her new design.

>>379022874
>>379022986
And why do you think Delthea was made to look more like a loli? And for another example, why did Deen go from FE Guile to generic edgy bishie?

Also, you say things like waifus and marriage systems overshadow everything, but that's not actually true. The meat of the game is doing combat during maps, just as always. And don't say children, because the children are bonus units. Hell, muh eugenics is even directly tied to gameplay.

And really, the characters of the old games tend to be overrated as well. What makes, say, Mia a better character than Hana? Or Florina a better character than Olivia?
>>
>>379023267
>dude this gameplay element exists, that doesn't mean you have to use it!
not an argument. opinion discarded
>>
>>379018658
Not Palla
>>
>>379023097

The children are completely optional (except Lucina). You can beat the game with the main cast no problem whatsoever.
If you want to create ideal child character, it's your choice, the game doesn't force you to.
>>
>>379023267
The game doesn't force you to use most of the incredibly powerful and useful features but you'd be a fool not to.
>>
>>379023315
>But just look at her original design vs her new design.

It's just a sign of the changing times. They're both the cute little girl look of their decades.
>>
>>379022417
>generic as fucking plot
Either you never played it you're blatantly shitposting. It's has some of the best story telling and world building right up there with the Tellius games.

Buzzwords and baseless statements. Alm is pretty much Ephraim, if he was introspective and grew up a commoner. And Celica is the most competent lord in the series.

Again more buzzwords. Most of the supports are pretty good with characters voicing their problems or insecurities or whatever and resolving them.

The good maps outweigh the bad maps. 1-7, 3-4, 3-7, 4-3, 4-4, 4-7, 4-8 and 4-9 on Alm's route and 2-4, 3-1, 3-5, 3-7, 4-3 and 4-4 on Celica's route are all good maps that are either well designed, have smart enemy placement, side objectives, fun or a mix of all four. Also the AI is actually intelligent in Echoes.

Every desert map in FE is tedious. If you neglected your archers it's your fault. Also, the swamp maps are completely fine considering your fliers ignore them and your healer has a healing aura

It's not the hardest but it's not the easiest.

How are the mechanics dated? How is no shops a bad thing? How is fatigue bad when it prevents you from steamrolling dungeons? How is the equipment restrictive? How are weapons imbalanced?
>>
>>379023267
The fact that the Avatar can reasonably solo the game isn't a point in Awakening's favour tbdesu
>>
File: CYnk4GTWcAAjKqU.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CYnk4GTWcAAjKqU.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>Fire Emblem /v/ is more divided than Final Fantasy /v/

When did it all go so wrong
>>
File: laughing_wotos.gif (3MB, 445x247px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_wotos.gif
3MB, 445x247px
>>379023414
>It's has some of the best story telling

ahahahah

AHAHAHHAAHAH

stopped reading there
>>
>>379023267
FE doesn't force you to field anyone except the Lord(s). Are you saying the game is designed around soloing every map with your Lord and having everyone else be extra item storage, instead of around building a powerful team?
>>
>>379023509
Compelling argument.
>>
>>379023516

The game (Awakening) is designed around "choice". You can build your army however you want, as long as you can beat the game with it.
>>
>>379023356
>>379023397
>>379023439
>>379023516
So FE4, FE 7, FE 8, FE 9, FE 10 and Echoes are garbage as well since they can be broken almost as easily?
>>
File: elise_contemplating_suicide.jpg (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
elise_contemplating_suicide.jpg
48KB, 300x300px
>>379023594
Fates plot > Echoes plot

I'm tired of people "Echoes has good writing!"

It doesn't.

Echoes is the Jay Leno of video games. It tries to be as inoffensively bland as possible. The entire plot is riddled with cliches and it plays every single one of them completely straight. "Farmboy who turns out to be a prince teams up with a ragtag group of heroes to fight an ancient evil." No twists or even attempts to be anything more. The villains (Desaix, Slayde, Jedah) come straight out of a Saturday-morning cartoon, and the "grey" villains (Berkut, Fernand) are handily defeated and immediately learn a heartwarming lesson. Even in a series known for uninspired writing, Echoes manages to be less inspired than everything before it. The entire thing reads like the assignment of an unimaginative high schooler in his first fiction class.

Alm and Celica are both so incredibly boring and inoffensive I fell asleep reading their dialogue. Alm is the bog-standard "good" protagonist, like Roy and Eliwood (and a dozen other JRPG protags) except he's actually MORE boring, seriously there's literally NOTHING noteworthy about his personality. Celica is equally terrible, with an added dash of complete stupidity in Act 4. Both of them have been justifiably compared to Gary/Mary Stus in that they're chock-full of good qualities, have no flaws, are one-dimensional, and undergo next-to-zero character development.

Fates writing sucked but at least it was interesting. It tried to do something innovative and failed spectacularly, but it was glorious to watch. People will be shitting on Fates plot for years to come. Echoes will be forgotten in a month.
>>
>>379018728
Longer than conquest + revelations and birthright? I think that's what he meant. >not pirating all paths
>>
File: Fire Emblem Fates.jpg (377KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Emblem Fates.jpg
377KB, 1200x630px
>>379023453
>>
File: 1484773925607.jpg (244KB, 1280x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1484773925607.jpg
244KB, 1280x1079px
>>379023315
The tone of the older games just made the characters stand out in a certain way even with their limited dialogue because the focus was solely on military stuff with romances restricted to a few units. There's more world building in Echoes about the war, etc. because of all the random NPC dialogue.

Awakening and Fates having so much to do with matchmaking meant all I ended up remembering about every character's personality was 90% their awkward romantic oriented supports trying to match them.

Party dialogue during story events from 13/14's cast was limited with Chrom/Robin and the Royals getting the majority of the scenes, compared to Echoes' having different dialogue from a character in safe zones as you progress across the map.
>>
>>379023631
Every FE has a few strategies and units that can break the game. Nobody is arguing against this.

Awakening, however, has half a million ways to break the game with all the features it introduces, which is why it becomes disjointedly easy.
>>
>>379023453
>FE would have been better if it went in the direction of FE10 forever
>FE11 was a mistake and FE14 was a bigger mistake
>Lets all agree FE12 should have never happened
>No, I wish there were a dozen more games like FE12. Instead we get a dozen copies of FE13
>I hate FE7fags everyone who started with FE7 ruined the series, it was all downhill from there and we never noticed because 9 and 10 were still ok
>I-i liked FE8
>FUCK YOU
>Lets all agree that FE2 was garbage and no one should ever play it

Its literally the exact same division on the exact same titles.
>>
File: (lol.png (31KB, 115x189px) Image search: [Google]
(lol.png
31KB, 115x189px
>>379023678
>>
File: altenna.png (2KB, 48x64px) Image search: [Google]
altenna.png
2KB, 48x64px
>>379023678
>Royal kidnapped as a baby, raised by enemy nation, has to choose between birth and adopted family.
That is innovative. Never seen anything like that before.
>>
>>379023678
Now THIS is shitposting
>>
>the s in srpg stands for story
>>
>>379023678
>(Berkut, Fernand) are handily defeated and immediately learn a heartwarming lesson
you forgot about Rinea's heartwarming lesson.
>>
>>379012807

>The supports were barebones shit. You learn virtually nothing about the characters through them and didn't have much meat or meaning to them in contrast to past games.

except they were on par with anything barring Awakening and Fates
>>
>>379023414
>And Celica is the most competent lord in the series.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>379023896
You can break FE9 even harder with less effort because you have so many broken units and everyone loves that game. Literally everything the newer games do, an older game did as well.
>>
>>379016481

>defending creator's pets
>EVER

never tolerate writers inserting their fucking untouchable waifu mary sues.
>>
>>379023414
>side objectives

>Echoes
>Side Objectives

The closest thing to side objectives Echoes has is preventing green units from being killed.
>>
>>379023414
>And Celica is the most competent lord in the series.
And you almost had a point there.
>>
>>379017503

>Universally agreed that Gaiden is shit

yeah because the famicom ones aged like milk. they were the ones that desperately needed remakes. we got one. it did it's job which was to make the original obsolete. let people judge on its' own merits.
>>
>>379024086
It tried to split the plot into 3 separate plotlines and still have them converge. Fates was very ambitious
>>
>>379023414
>And Celica is the most competent lord in the series

AHAHAHAHA EIRIKA 0.5

Who said oldfags aren't waifufags as well?
>>
>>379023678
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBMsY1rCBXE

Fates did make some good shitpost videos.
>>
>>379023516
>Game gives you choice
>Choose to min/max super hard and break the game
>SHIT GAME

Would you rather SS and PoR where almost everyone can be OP or Conquest where half the cast is garbage beyond salvation?
>>
>>379024463
FE9 was a really easy game, but what made it easy was the stat gains of certain units and canto. Easy, but for reasons that aren't really new.

Awakening adds all these new features that the game literally cannot fucking handle. Like, the game can't do anything about your units all having good stats AND pair ups AND a million skills AND a lot of other shit I'm not going to bother listing. Like, "maybe this would've been a tricky map in FE6. Oh well, better send the demigods in to wrap this up in 4 turns."

And again, I LIKE Awakening, but you can't say it worked well on a mechanical level.
>>
>>379025010
Fates makes up for it's shit story with memes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0ML-Uh-1nk
The entire game can be summed up in SpongeBob episodes
>>
>>379024759
>yeah because the famicom ones aged like milk.

But FE3 holds up to this day and FE1's only problem is how clunky it is. FE2 is garbage even when compared to the other NES games.
>>
>>379025020
You don't need to min/max to break awakening and any semblance of balance or challenge. Just 2 or 3 brain cells would suffice. You'd have to impose some serious handicaps on yourself to do otherwise.
>>
>>379025161
This one is my favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxTV9AGZEHU
>>
File: 1495063823107.jpg (438KB, 728x940px) Image search: [Google]
1495063823107.jpg
438KB, 728x940px
>>379024392
He's kinda right desu. Celica gets shit done. From taking down pirate lords, to trying to save her goddess to killing Rigelian niggers when they stole her goddess and duping Jedah.

>Lyn is a literal who and irrelevant outside of her shitty tutorial.
>Eirika is a naive retard and needs Seth and then Ephraim to hold her hand.
>Micaiah does a lot of things but it goes wrong most of the time.
>Fem Corrin is Eirika with the retardation dialed up to 11.
>>
>>379024868
>Wrote one plot and two shaggy dog alternate scenarioes, charged you extra to see the true ending.
Ambitious in the same way Echoes charging you for two grinding packs is.
>>
>>379025265
>>379025161
>>379025010
This is the kind of shit I'm talking about. Fates writing sucked but it was fun. Nobody will be making meme videos about Echoes

Mediocrity is forgotten, as it should
>>
>>379024890
Eirika wasn't incompetent. She had a good idea and went along with it logically but it just turns out Ephraim was right and she was wrong. Honestly, "good idea but you're fucked anyway" is basically the running theme of FE8. Lyon's plan would have totally worked if he were in any other country and if he had any of the sacred stones that didn't happen to be the one holding a demon's soul. At the end of the game half the continent is still about to get fucked over by a giant earthquake by the end of the year and the best people can do is evacuate as many as they can and plan to rebuild. Most of the countries have their entire royal line dead or are now lead by some young galavanting idiot who probably won't even stay in the capitol (l'archel and joshua).
>>
>>379025265
I could go all day with this shit, SpongeBob is too relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23mjctemMLo
>>
>>379025323
Didn't Saber and Conrad literally do 90% of that for her?
>>
>>379025346
>Wrote one plot and two shaggy dog alternate scenarioes
all 3 plotlines were very different from each other with a few plot points in common
>>
>>379025181

>But FE3 holds up to this day

PBBBBBTHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>379025473
Conrad saved her ass from really bad decisions about 2 times.
>>
>>379025370
>It's better to be universally disliked and lauded than to be tasteful, if not forgettable.
This is some next-level shit.
>>
>>379024539
>Preventing Slayde from suiciding on you if you want the Draco Shield.
>Trying to not kill Delthea as she tries to kill you.
>>
>>379025502
Dismounting sucks and the UI is clunky, what else is bad?

Especially when compared to fucking Gaiden?
>>
>>379025576
the worst thing you can be isn't bad, the worst thing you can be is forgettable
>>
File: 1496371952161.png (623KB, 732x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496371952161.png
623KB, 732x720px
>only play the GBA FE
>try Echoes since its more classic
>go try Conquest out of curiosity
>holyshitthisisthebestthingever
>go back to Echoes
>giant open empty maps make me close the game immediately
does it get any better /v/?
>>
>>379025020
Breaking awakening is not like arena grinding in FE7. It's as simple as clicking the glowing green text that says "pair up" and then again with "support". The stat bonuses are worth about ten levels of EXP.
>>
>>379025323

>Celica gets shit done

you know when Tuxedo Mask Conrad isn't bailing her out.
>>
>>379025608

At least Gaiden's remake wasn't absolutely dogshit desperately trying to be forgotten about by the fanbase and it didn't even leave moonland it was so bad.
>>
>>379022723
>led to resource management
Resource management is grossly overrated by oldfags.

There's a reason weapon durability was shit and Conquest was amazing
>>
>>379025664

>MUH MAPS

fuck right off with that bait.
>>
>>379025664
Alm's maps get better but Celica takes a dip. It's worth it for Rudolf and Berkut battles and their amazing themes, who are all on Alm's side.
Coming from someone who really liked Conquest, Echoes is still a pretty good game, but it's mostly because I have a high tolerence for games that try to be different which is why I really liked Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
>>
>>379025664
Poor bait
>>
>>379025906
>Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
I never really did understand the hateboner for that game. I wish they would port it to the vita or something but thats wishful thinking
>>
>>379025323
He said Celica is the most competent Lord in the series, not Celica is the most competent FEMALE Lord in the series.
>>
>>379025656
Yeah, no thanks.
>>
>>379025978

>I never really did understand the hateboner for that game.

same reason as Chrono Cross. It's a sequel no one asked for.
>>
>>379025834
ironically, Conquest did resource management the best since the amount of gold it gives you isn't practically infinite. It still gave you tons of gold, don't get me wrong, but you can't deck everyone out with brave weapons

I replayed FE7 HHM recently and the resource management was a complete fucking joke. The game fucking THREW gold at you, I literally couldn't use it all. I had 80k gold at the end and couldn't buy any more because Merlinus was 100/100 inventory and even my benchwarmers were also decked out
>>
>>379025810
Didn't New Mystery sell almost DOUBLE of Echoes in Japan?
>>
>>379026163
some of us aspire for more than mediocrity
>>
>>379026170
True, but it goes and screws the pooch anyway since 9/10 times just forging iron weapons once or twice is the way to go on account of the steel/silver penalties being so harsh.
>>
>>379026170
Iron is too convenient not to use over other stuff.
>>
>>379025590
>>Trying to not kill Delthea as she tries to kill you.

I'll give you this one but the first one is just IS overlooking a possible way the player might be able to cheese the game or they just didn't give a fuck. Regardless the game is still noticeably lacking in side objectives which isn't surprising with the way food and weapons are handled.
>>
>>379025473
No
Saber accompanied her and was her guide across the ocean and was there to support her as a princess from the beginning when he figured it out
Canrad only saved her in the beginning of act 3 from the rock slide that halved Zofia, then gave her a mean cold slap after seeing her consider putting her life on the line.
>>
>>379026206

FE3 wasn't the problem. The shit remake was. Moonland fell for the Shadow Dragon ruse. Not even Marth was going to save it if they localizated it.
>>
>>379026170
FE7 resource management isn't about having enough things, its about never using any things so you get your stars for wealth in the credits
>>
>>379026243
You do realize we're talking about this in the context of a videogame and not your has-been child actor psychosis?
>>
>>379025020
>Conquest where half the cast is garbage beyond salvation?

What?! Did we even play the same game? LTCer?
>>
>>379026303
It was doable in Gaiden and they kept it doable in Echoes.

There's even dialogue if you manage to do it.
>>
>>379026354
I had 5 stars for funds. Game throws retarded amounts of gold at you, and you can sell off promotion items you aren't using. Earth Seals especially are free 10k. Not planning on using Dart? Congrats, you just earned 25k from an Ocean Seal.

I had 80k gold by the end and 5 stars for funds
>>
>>379026170
No shit, Conquest is the best thing IS shat out since Paper Mario TTYD and before that there was nothing worht playing
>>
>>379026510
Could you be even more influenced by /v/
Conquest is garbage btw and Gameplay can't save it
>>
>>379026115
That's not Eirika
>>
>>379026375
mediocrity is worse in any fictional medium - books, film, videogames, fucking interpretive dance
>>
>>379026452
>Early game Draco Shield
>Retreating
>Mila's Turnwheel

IS obviously wasn't trying to make Echoes a balanced game so what was the point in nerfing Warp and Shadow Swords.
>>
>>379026321
But Japan liked New Mystery, it sold worse because of how much they disliked Shadow Dragon.
>>
@379026592

I can't even laugh or give you a (You), you're clinically retarded
>>
>>379026354
The star things didn't make sense in that game. I got 5 star on everything except Tactics because I spent too many on Arena Abuse and grinding for supports. And I spent money like a motherfucker.
>>
>>379026592
>Good gameplay can't save a video game
>Also I want future games to significantly cut the character interactions too
>>
>>379026597
thanks for your subjective opinion
>>
File: 1485955080481.png (17KB, 506x484px) Image search: [Google]
1485955080481.png
17KB, 506x484px
>>379026303
No, they didn't overlook anything. This is translated dialogue for that battle from Gaiden. If they didn't intend for it to be possible it wouldn't be droppable in the first place.

>>379026635
Mila's Turnwheel is to balance out the fact that Witches work on an AI roulette and they might all gangrape a unit on Turn 1. No idea about Warp and Shadow swords, though.
>>
>>379026658
meant for >>379026592
>>
>>379026390
What did you do with Selena, Odin, Laslow, Peri, Nyx and Arthur?
>>
>>379023873
There is more world building in Echoes, but most of the characters benefit very little from that.

It isn't really the games' fault that you only remember the S-rank because of the forced romance. There are a number of supports that may be pretty good aside from that, and some don't even have S-ranks.

And as for party dialogue, if you are gonna bring up 'base convos' then keep in mind that in Echoes each character got three, which were essentially the equivalent of a support.

And on another note, I like Nephenee but she isn't a particularly interesting character. I blame that partially on RD removing supports, meaning she got extremely limited dialogue, especially since base convos mostly revolved around the same handful of characters.
>>
>>379026763
glad to offer it sweetie, maybe one day you'll develop taste
>>
>>379026818
can't even quote the right person

sorry for you being born
>>
>>379026745
They can when half of them are filler and to fill the quota
literally nothing happens in any of Fate's supports and the characters are one note and garbage.
Also Conquest's gamplay is hard and the maps are nice. That's literally all the good I can say about it. It is marginally outclassed in every aspect by other games in the series, even hoshido has a better story than it.
>>
>>379026829
>There is more world building in Echoes, but most of the characters benefit very little from that.

This.
>>
>>379026497
>you can sell off promotion items you aren't using.
I don't know how the fuck you managed to 5-star funds because the funds stat gives full value for items in inventory while selling it only gives you money equivalent to half its value.
>>
>>379026991
Why does something have to happen in a support? Why can't it just be two units getting to know each other better?
>>
>>379026991
>literally nothing happens in any of Fate's supports

That's pretty stupid to say when Echoes has worse supports even when they only have like 20-something of them.

>That fucking terrible Clive/ Mathilda support
>>
>>379017796
It doesn't say that, it just says that his "stunning bride" was by his side. The big question it raises is why she's in outer haven but I guess when her friends ask her about who she married she could just be visiting or something.
>>
>>379027153
most of the character development and backstory is shown in the base conversations, supports are purely to show their interactions with each other.

>not liking clive/mathilda's cheesy romance supports
maybe you just hate fun
>>
>>379026829
>but most of the characters benefit very little from that
The leadership Deliverance is very involved as a group throughout Alm's plotline, and the
villagers have a lot to say as well with the whole commoners vs royalty thing. Haven't done much of Celica's route but it is weaker there.

It was more than S-ranks, most of them were about weird character quirks or lighthearted shenanigans compared that didn't do it for me.

I know it's a hard question to answer, but the main story of both 13 and 14 being awful just made the characters very unmemorable to me. I wish I had liked them more but it just didn't happen.

I didn't mean to imply Nephenee was a particularly great character, just chose that image at random.
>>
Did people here forget why supports were created in the first place or something?
>>
>>379027228
Neither's ending changes if the other dies, so they're not together.

>>379027458
To give players 6 (SIX) different girls for Roy to fuck?
>>
>>379026823
Reclass them.
>>
>>379027458
bonus stats.

which conquest does great

and GBA/POR fails at
>>
>>379027692
>PoR
>fails
Did you never get Ike and Oscar to A rank or something?
>>
File: 1433900309624.png (489KB, 765x429px) Image search: [Google]
1433900309624.png
489KB, 765x429px
>Echoes does everything right except one thing
>Conquest does everything wrong except one thing
>Conquestshills will still insist its better than Echoes
Loving every (lol
>>
>>379027141
Because when nothing happens it's unfulfilling. When something does happen in echoes nothing changes because characters essentially have one ending. Which again is unfulfilling. For example Faye supports with silque, and by the time her a rank rolls around Faye is open to the idea of NOT thinking about alm 24/7. It's actually pretty fucking major for her character because even in her letters home she talks about him exclusively and how much she wants his dick. Of course it means fuck all because her ending then has her leave her home constantly to stalk alm and shit. In any other game it might have her join the monastery or aid silque in doing something, but nope. Can't change that their ending.

>>379027592
Because it's ambiguous as is and Saber's already branches with Jesse's ending.
>>
>>379027767
>dude heaven affinity
>lmao

real balance telliuscuck
>>
>>379027092
because the game throws SO MUCH GOLD AT YOU

playing for rank is a silly thing anyway
>>
>>379027430
>The leadership Deliverance is very involved as a group throughout Alm's plotline, and the
villagers have a lot to say as well with the whole commoners vs royalty thing. Haven't done much of Celica's route but it is weaker the
And by leadership you mean Clive? oh and I guess Lukas, though he doesn't seem to have much personality as I can tell. I guess Clair if she counts. As for the villagers, only Tobin and Grey since the other two are optional.

>It was more than S-ranks, most of them were about weird character quirks or lighthearted shenanigans compared that didn't do it for me.
You say most of them, but that isn't necessarily true. It depends on the character and whatever supports you actually got. The issue with Fates has always been less that there are no good supports and more that they are buried by a bunch of mediocre ones.

As for Nephenee, that may be but I think that's a good example since Tellius is often held up as having some of the best characters in the series.
>>
>>379027884
No Heaven characters are worth using anyway. That's like complaining that Axes are weak in FE3.
>>
>>379028178
Nice game you got there
>>
>>379028251
And? All the games have shit characters, what of it?
>>
File: 1485061361028.png (46KB, 151x143px) Image search: [Google]
1485061361028.png
46KB, 151x143px
>>379027003
There is way more worldbuilding in Echoes. Were we even given a continent name for Fates? Also, all of the characters benefit from it
>Sonya is actually the daughter of Jedah and raised on a priory where she grew hateful, eventually leading to her becoming a witch in her epilogue.
>Alm represents the good traits of an ideal Rigel citizen, being dominant with a heavy yet forgiving hand
>Celica represents the good traits of an ideal Zofia citizen, being compassionate, giving, and sacrificial.
The two marrying really showed the unification of the two countries.
I don't know if this counts but the DLCs really showed how impact full the worldbuilding was on the characters, too. It's free if you're smart.
>>379027153
>>379027141
Not him but characters really don't get to know each other in Fates either
>Camilla x Ryoma
>let's get married i h8 u
>ok
And The Clive Mathilda support was good, they actually had chemistry together and it wasn't disjointed as fuck, topped with the terrible writing and forced marriages. Seriously, all Fates characters are one note and boring.
I'm getting really damn tired of this hindsight meme.
Further more, Echoes' supports actually unlock with the story so there is room for character progression. I cannot think of a single time in Fates, not only of a good support, but of a time I felt like the characters were human beings talking to eachother.
Take Flannel and Camilla as another example of this. Their interactions are forced, and they don't even speak of their characters or relationship. What matters to them and such. Their motivations or what they care about. I don't understand how two can get married under such little interaction.
Even when there IS a character who has more than one dimension, take Charlotte for example, ALL of her supports are too formulaic. It starts wither her hoeing around, getting called out, complaining about her remittances, and somehow romance blooms?
Once again, the hindsight meme needs to leave.
>>
>>379028276
>Conquest gets bashed for having unbalanced characters
>Calls out other game for unbalanced characters
>b-b-but all games have shit characters!

Lmao literally no argument
>>
>>379028397
I said fuck all about Conquest.
>>
File: 1490755525539.jpg (430KB, 1556x2764px) Image search: [Google]
1490755525539.jpg
430KB, 1556x2764px
>>
>>379027793
>Conquest does everything wrong except one thing

Nice meme, now fuck off and die
>>
>>379011614
This is the first thread I've seen on it since the game came out. I did not even know it came out ages ago because no one has said a thing about it.
I imagine it has to be bad, other FE games had constant threads and I've asked people I know who like FE and none of them have played it.
>>
>>379028594
Name ONE thing Conquest does right besides maps/objectives.
>>
>>379028589
>it really doesn't have a name
Fucking how?
>>
>>379028749
Nothing
>atmosphere
shit
>tone
shit
>worldbuilding
shit
>characters
shit
>story
fucking garbage
>not being 1/3 of a game
shit
>not being objectively the lower moral ground
shit
I honestly can't think of anything.
>>
>>379028749
>name one thing X does other than the most important thing in the series
whew lad
>>
>>379028651

Why didn't they play it?

>>379028749
Weapon Rank and Weapon Triangle.
>>
>>379028749
removing weapon durability because that shit was for cucks
>>
>>379028903
>Weapon Rank
Is exactly the same as it has been since FE11, nothing exclusively attributed to Fates.
>Fates weapon triangle
Is fucking terrible. Putting bows and tomes within the regular triangle was a fucking retarded idea. Also Hidden Weapons are too OP. It's fucking unbalanced as shit.
>>
>>379028903
Partly because like me they didn't even know the fucking game was out. Nintendo dropped it out of no where and no one has been talking about it.
>>
>>379028903
It was the most unblanaced weapon triangle in the series. Good job.
Also a +7 iron whatever was objectively the best weapon, always. And it never runs out of uses either, you good goy.
>>
>>379028295
Not him but you're kind of cherrypicking either way. For instance it's easy to pick on Camilla for her two most infamous supports (and Camilla in general) while ignoring stuff like her sibling supports or her supports with Niles and Laslow.

Meanwhile Clive and Matilda has the advantage in that area of their already being a couple, but we don't really see much of them but their being lovey-dovey. And then a lot of the supports in Echoes tend to be pretty standard formula where two characters talk for a few lines saying hi and then that's it, if you want to be that way about it.
>>
>>379028651
Echoes divided the fanbase even more for some reason, at least on /v/. I see plenty of people outside /v/ talk about it though.
>>
File: Kliff_Echoes_Portrait.png (41KB, 174x256px) Image search: [Google]
Kliff_Echoes_Portrait.png
41KB, 174x256px
Echoes' biggest crime is not giving /OURGUY/ any screentime in the main plot after Alm joins the Deliverance.
>>
>>379029015
>Also a +7 iron whatever was objectively the best weapon

That requires a lot of resources.

Kek at an Echoesfags having the gall to call someone else a goy.
>>
>>379029063
>blowing literally all your money on iron weapons to get one decent sword
Nice
>>
>>379029136
/v/ is the only place that's this negative about Echoes. Everywhere else is like, "hey this is different from Fire Emblem norm but that's the point and it can still be fun in its own way"

People can enjoy both Zelda II and A Link to the Past, why can't the same be true for FE fans?
>>
>>379029063
>>379029015
not even him but Fates weapon triangle is my favorite in the series. It made the weapon triangle an important factor to consider for the entire game no matter which kind of attack you were using
>>
>>379029271
Because you can also recruit him with Celica so it'd make no sense if he was in the plot but in Celica's party.
>>
>>379029386
>People can enjoy both Zelda II
That's a fucking lie and you take that back.
>>
>>379029432
And I'll never forgive IS for that.
>>
As far as I am seeing, Echoes did not sell well at all.
Expect Nintendo to abandon FE again just like most of their IPs
>>
>>379029386
because while Echoes is fun, SO MANY PEOPLE like it purely because it's not Awakening/Fates and completely gloss over its many, many flaws. Echoes is solidly mediocre overall, while many Echoescucks delude themselves into thinking it's one of the best in the series
>>
>>379029495
Good end.
>>
>>379029073
But I can dismiss this easily with the fact that characters actually grow from their supports in Echoes. Camilla's support with Laslow and Niles were also pretty bad. Don't delude yourself.
>Clair and Doot
>Claire learns how to be more apologetic and humble, while helping Delthea realize how much she really does love her brother
>Delthea realizes that she shouldn't be so shallow to her brother and starts seeing Clair as a sister figure
>Sonya and Genny
>Both characters are revealed to have been from a priory
>Genny is shown to have an inferiority complex to those who look like her mother
>Sonya is shown to be self conscious about her looks
>Their relationship actually grows with Genny opening up to Sonya more, and Sonya being empathetic and understanding to Genny
>The two realize not to displace their dissatisfaction with others
>>
>>379029495
Why would they drop it after the cash cows that were Awakening and Fates? At worst, it just means remakes are forever dead after this one.
>>
>>379029549
>SO MANY PEOPLE like it purely because it's not Awakening/Fates
While I disagree with you saying it's mediocre, you are right about that part. That doesn't just go for /v/ either.
>>
>>379029671
Because Nintendo often drops a series after one game in it sells poorly.
>>
>>379029746
You might be mistaking Nintendo for Capcom, anon.
>>
>>379029417
It's important in literally every other game, in Fates it just succeeded at making magic complete shit and making shurikens and swords too strong.
>>
>Cry about balance in past Fire Emblem games
>Waaah, you mean I can't just equip a Silver weapon, lay back, and let the enemies pile themselves on my weapon on enemy phase
>You mean I actually have to think and that Silver Weapons don't invalidate Bronze, Iron, and Steel and are player phase centric?
>>
>>379029746
They've got another one and a half (depending on how you categorize FE Warriors) in development already.
>>
>>379029663
Yeah, and now we are just disagreeing because you are a mindless hater who is clearly willing to dismiss anything that conflicts with your narrow point of view.
>>
>>379029386
Yeah, because /v/ is smarter than that. We know that Conquest set a new bar for Fire Emblem Quality. Everything before and after is lacking and we're aware of this while other sites just eat shit
>>
>>379029821
there are several reasons why magic sucked in Fates and the weapon triangle is the least of it.
>>
>>379029863
I shouldn't be wasting my time arguing over Fates, a game that is almost universally agreed to have awful eye candy characters and an ass awful story. I shouldn't even be dignify the notion that it's anything but that with a response.
>>
>>379029884
Where is this "/v/ likes Conquest" meme coming from? It's pretty much the Dark Souls 2 of Fire Emblem here.
>>
>>379030050
But /v/ has a Dark Souls 2 cult. Much to the dismay of any sane people.
>>
>>379030050
Sorry I'll rephrase it

Everyone on /v/ who doesn't eat shit likes Conquests
>>
>>379029386
Plenty of criticism about Echoes on GameFAQS.
>>
>>379029884
>Conquest set a new bar for Fire Emblem Quality
Must be a short fucking bar.
>>
>>379030236
Unironically this. In a poll conducted several days ago, FE vets (played multiple FE games prior to 3DS era) almost unanimously liked Conquest
>>
File: 9c8.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
9c8.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
Some maps can be actually tedious.
But aside from that I'm actually loving it, feels good to play a classic FE with amazing presentation and quality OST.
>>
>>379030308
Every single board on GameFAQs these days has become underage faggots attempting to troll people though, they're opinions are moot.
>>
>>379030352
Liked is a strong word. Didn't actively hate is a bit better.
>>
>>379029821
>shurikens are too strong
they really arent. It's just ninja, and even then no one really gives a shit about most of the playable ones.
>>
>>379030504
They specifically answered "Yes" when asked "Do you like Conquest?"
>>
>>379029495
>Nintendo's going to abandon FE even though there's a mouso and a Switch title in the making
What you should expect is for them to abandon remakes or to shove MU's into every remake now.
>>
>>379030598
Then they've got shit taste too.
>>
File: seriously.png (610KB, 947x689px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
610KB, 947x689px
>>379030373
>classic FE
as if there was ANY doubt that Echoescucks are all nu-FEfags
>>
File: 1268891287892.jpg (28KB, 337x404px) Image search: [Google]
1268891287892.jpg
28KB, 337x404px
>>379030682
>Being triggered by an opinion
>>
>>379029549
>SO MANY PEOPLE like it purely because it's not Awakening/Fates and completely gloss over its many, many flaws.
This
I wanted Echoes to be great but it fucking isn't. I'm not going to praise something just as shit as Awakening just because it isn't Awakening.
>>
>>379030682
i thought i told you to stop posting

why are you still here retard
>>
>>379024314
That's the problem. Waifu shit aside, Awakening and Fates still had more in-depth supports than anything that came before. To be honest I wasn't bothered much by the waifu shit either.

They should've dodged the waifu shit, but still put more effort into the supports.
>>
File: Python.png (356KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Python.png
356KB, 600x600px
>>379030682
Shut up and suck my cock, stud.
>>
>>379030308
I went to look at Gamefags and I see plenty of hate for Fates there too. And thing is that even the people who like Fates regularly admit that the story is crap, so it isn't like they are claiming it's perfect in all ways, unlike some fanbases.
>>
>>379030598
Why not ask if they considered Conquest to be the best in the series? Then I know who's opinion are worth a damn
>>
>>379027592
It's ambiguous on purpose. If either die then the ending doesn't change at all so it's not an issue, but there are enough things where you could connect the dots if you wanted to. Their endings also the only endings where really vague about it; Delthea never gets married in the original ending and Tatiana never falls in love again.
Also, in Gaiden's ending it specifically says that Genny falls in love and marries one of her teammates she traveled with.
>>
File: 1459707362793.jpg (73KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1459707362793.jpg
73KB, 600x300px
>>379030682
It's more similar to classic FE than any of the other 3DS games.
>>
>>379030917
it unironically isn't lmao

it's hilarious seeing a newshitter pretending to be an oldfag
>>
>>379030909
>If either die then the ending doesn't change at all so it's not an issue
Have you seen literally every other paired ending? It's specifically not ambiguous.
>>
>>379030976
Explain those reasons or either you are a shit eater whore
lmao
>>
File: 1496038106026.png (835KB, 1769x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1496038106026.png
835KB, 1769x1350px
Can we talk about Doot?
>>
File: 1489896988925.png (12KB, 189x218px) Image search: [Google]
1489896988925.png
12KB, 189x218px
>>379030976
Newshitters try to pass the seventh through tenth games as the real "classic Fire Emblem"
>>
>>379031193
DOOT IS CYOOT

CYOOOOOOOOT
>>
>>379031193
Why is she so strong
>>
File: Echoes_Rinea_USG.jpg (260KB, 1778x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Echoes_Rinea_USG.jpg
260KB, 1778x1000px
>Director for Echoes was a huge Gaiden fag and reject almost all the ideas the team had for additions for the game

>On one hand this meant that we got a Gaiden MU free

>On the other hand it means that they kept all the ordinal problems like the maps because they're "unique"
>>
File: laughing_chiaya.webm (1009KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_chiaya.webm
1009KB, 640x360px
>>379031048
like explaining what color is to a blind man

or explaining simple math to an autistic child

it's so blindingly obvious it doesn't warrant explanation. Echoes (and Gaiden) are exceptions to the FE franchise. A lot of the shit they do are not presented anywhere else. The shitty maps, cantors, restrictive equipment, learning skills from weapons, fatigue (present only on 1 other game IIRC), etc. - none of these are classic FE. Weapons Triangle also is present in more FE games than not

I can't believe I actually dignified this dumbass with a response. This shit is so basic all you need is a pair of eyes and a working brain. The only reason you would think of Echoes as "classic FE" is if you have not actually played older FE titles. Newshitters trying to sound like vets is like watching a kid prounce around in his dad's suit. It's fucking hilarious
>>
File: 5234431.png (84KB, 364x205px) Image search: [Google]
5234431.png
84KB, 364x205px
>tfw Alm/Faye A tier Support

It's not fair. How much of a faggot do you have to be to give up the nice quiet life, tending to a healthy garden in a comfy village with your loving wife by your side. Fuck you, Alm
>>
>>379031458
>>Director for Echoes was a huge Gaiden fag and reject almost all the ideas the team had for additions for the game

Like what? Besides MU.
>>
Is this not on the free shop or am I just a dummy
>>
>>379031483
It's even worse since Alm knew Celica for like a month and had known Faye for ever.
>>
>>379031458
MU wouldn't even make sense in Gaiden because the game splits into two stories, how is your MU going to keep up with that?
>>
>>379031483
Redheads, man
They fuck like tigers
>>
They made animated scenes for the most important parts of the game, then they used the shitty ingame models for the final scenes, what did they mean by this?
>>
>>379031581
Kids.

No matter what you think, he fucking saved us from a fate worse than death.
>>
>379031478
Your post is filled with insults and extra words than the actual explanation.

Do you have brain damage, shit eating whore?

Man up and tell actual reasons.

Ya don't deserve a (YOU)
>>
>>379031593
>Celica for like a month

It was like a week.
>>
>>379031614
a third army character where you are the true hero of Valentia
>>
I just hope that we never ever get the kind of character interaction we got in Fates ever again.

I think everyone here can agree on that.
>>
>>379031593
>tfw he breaks her heart in the middle of a fucking battle
>couldn't wait until after or when they're at a village
>>
>>379031614
TWO MUs.
>>
>>379031654
>not wanting to breed genny for another cleric
>>
File: S L U T.jpg (135KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
S L U T.jpg
135KB, 400x240px
>>379031728
please don't lewd the sheep anon
>>
>>379031581
Like making not shit maps

Apparently they thought the huge empty maps were unique and added to the charm of the original

>>379031614

Well someone wanted to put it in anyway. Probably would have made you pick who's side you join at the beginning.
>>
>>379031673
>like explaining math to an autistic child
CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
File: 1494327965665.png (417KB, 791x470px) Image search: [Google]
1494327965665.png
417KB, 791x470px
>>379031593
>>379031483
>>
>379031876
>He's still at it
>He doesn't accept he doesn't know what he is saying
>>
>>379031654
Nothing in any video game ever will come close to the pure retardation of "fling your infants into the hyperbolic time chamber" of Fates and thank christ someone put a stop to this brain-melting, intelligence insulting idiocy. People can say story never matters, but that shit made me not want to recruit child units AT ALL.
>>
File: REEEEEEEE.png (46KB, 325x274px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEE.png
46KB, 325x274px
>>379031928
>got that convo
>tfw was heartbroken by that exchange
>oh cool Clair's A rank too
>do it
>Alm fucking blushes and complements Clair immediately after destroying Faye's hopes and dreams
Go fuck yourself Alm
>>
>>379031831
They didn't say anything about considering changing maps. Just MU and kids.
>>
>>379031928
>Faye was all over him for like 10 years
The only thing I can think to justify Alm's stupid decision is that he has an enormous fetish for red hair. That's literally the only thing that makes any sense.
>>
>>379031614
You're talking about a company that put baby making time chambers in Fates. Don't question how far they'll go into absurdity to shoehorn this shit.
>>
File: Yaksha_Echoes_Model.png (88KB, 260x156px) Image search: [Google]
Yaksha_Echoes_Model.png
88KB, 260x156px
>Turn Saber into a Yasha
>He can solo any map by himself
>100% accuracy on anything
>65%+ crit chance
>>
>he actually thinks Echoes/Gaiden is "classic FE"
LIKE A CHILD PRANCING AROUND IN HIS DAD'S SUIT
>>
>>379032078
Nakanishi: As I mentioned before, I really wanted to focus on the unique features that were implemented in Gaiden. One of those things were the maps, and we didn't intend to change those maps. So to leave the unique features of Fire Emblem Gaiden, there were things like the bow user being able to shoot longer ranges and the magicians using HP to use magic. That kind of strategy is what I think makes Fire Emblem Gaiden very interesting. So this is definitely different from recent games like Fire Emblem Fates or Heroes, but we hope people will see this as unique or fresh.

Kusakihara: One thing when we were creating the maps... We noticed the maps in this game were very different in scale. Things like the bow as I mentioned were one of the things that changed. But in the original, castles and structures were expressed in one box, while in this game it was perhaps like... nine boxes. So I think, perhaps, people who developed this game wanted to focus more on the characters. Those features were what made Gaiden distinct, and we wanted to keep them in the game as well.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia-interview
>>
>>379032078
So they really are going to add MU and kids to every future FE game
>>
>>379032057
Faye practically asked him to marry her, he had to do something. Clair was just flirting.
>>
>>379032106
I thought it was some destiny shit, that he and Celica were bound by fate and were supposed to be together? That's the best explanation I can come up with for how they were so in love despite knowing each other for a few weeks at most when they were kids.
>>
Can someone get Faye and Melia into a support group

fuck
>>
File: 1487733761356.png (5KB, 185x180px) Image search: [Google]
1487733761356.png
5KB, 185x180px
>>379032162
>made by Shouzou Kaga, founder of Fire Emblem
>second game, right after the one that started it all
>not a classic FE
(lol
>>
File: 7474645646.jpg (86KB, 625x522px) Image search: [Google]
7474645646.jpg
86KB, 625x522px
>people unironically wanting to stick their dick in batshit crazy
>>
>>379032336
I'VE HAD IT
>>
>>379032162
Stop posting you are embarrassing yourself man.

I know you are baiting but.. come on Jamal this is too much retardness
>>
>>379032336
She wouldn't be crazy if Alm would just drop trou for her

How hard is this to understand
>>
File: FEF_Arthur_My_Room_Model.png (692KB, 1151x1008px) Image search: [Google]
FEF_Arthur_My_Room_Model.png
692KB, 1151x1008px
>All Fates characters are sh-

If you didn't have him face off with Hans towards the end of Conquest in the name of justice than you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>379032395
She would be just as crazy, except now she has what she wants in her hands.
>>
>>379011614
no homos
>>
>>379032197
If you had seen their A support you'd know that Clair obviously wanted something more.
>>
>>379032382
>>379032285
>has none of mechanics of old FE titles and has many mechanics not present in any other FE
>newshitters actually think this is classic FE

LIKE EXPLAINING COLORS TO A BLIND MAN
>>
>>379032491
>what is Leon
>>
>>379032509
>LITERALLY a classic FE
>B-But it's not!
>>
>>379032491
>He hasn't played the game
>>
>>379032336
>ywn be date raped by Faye
>ywn wake up at your home in bed wondering how the hell you got there
>ywn get up and notice Faye is in the kitchen making dinner for you and greets you with a great big smile and hug
>>
>>379032458
Exactly. Alm's turgid penis. Problem solved
>>
File: whattheshit.jpg (6KB, 188x188px) Image search: [Google]
whattheshit.jpg
6KB, 188x188px
>>379032509
HOLY SHIT I THOUGHT HE WAS BAITING BUT WE ACTUALLY HAVE A DOWN SYNDROME PERSON ON THIS BOARD.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>Fully forged Silver Spear only have a WT of 1
Ok, then
>>
>>379032280
Melia wasn't nearly as obsessed with Shulk as Faye was with Alm. Also Melia's life was FAR worse and she likely spent her life forever alone as the last of her race, instead of in a loveless marriage like Faye.
>>
>>379032591
>you will never wonder why the fuck your legs are sawn off as she explains that you won't need them anymore because she will get you anything you want
>you will never try to crawl out while she's out only to find out that you're chained to the wall
>>
>>379029063
>+7 iron
You're never going to have enough money to get past a +5 weapon in Conquest for more than 3 characters unless you grind.
>>
>>379032591
>tell her that you're uncomfortable with this and ask her to leave
>she says not until after dinner sweetie
>argue with her and demand she leaves
>or what?
>Please faye, leave or I'll call the police
>she violently punches herself in the face
>.... w-what the fuck?
>she looks back up at you with a bloody eye "and tell them what, that you assaulted me?"
>she smiles wildly and continues cooking
>>
>>379032649
>>379032554

>Dungeons are classic Fire Emblem
>No weapon triangle is classic Fire Emblem
>Traversable World Map is classic Fire Emblem
>Retreating from battles is classic Fire Emblem
>Mila's Turnwheel is classic Fire Emblem
>No Weapon Ranks are classic Fire Emblem
>Magic being cast with HP is classic Fire Emblem
>Fatigue is classic Fire Emblem
>Most Skills being weapon exclusive is classic Fire Emblem

None of this shit is classic Fire Emblem. Stop willingly being autistic bandwagoning faggots to try and make yourselves seem correct in your retarded delusion.

Anyone who thinks Gaiden and Echoes are classic Fire Emblem are just shitposting and from hereon should be ignored.
>>
File: 927.jpg (37KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
927.jpg
37KB, 512x512px
>>379032842
>>379032906
>>
>>379012676
Yeah I think that full voice acting really helped this game. It makes every npc feel more alive and the main characters actually feel like characters. This is my favorite Fire Emblem story hands down.
>>
>>379032698
Echoes has shit balance. Brave Sword, Lady Sword, Coral Ring, Royal Sword, and plenty of other shit.
>>
>>379033137
Silver Lance is literally pegasus knight bait.
>>
>>379032975
>>No weapon triangle
>>Fatigue
>>No Weapon Ranks
Actually these are a part of classic FE
>>
>>379023678
So basically Sword Art Online vs Active Raid/Sacred Seven tier garbage
>>
File: 1466273810675.jpg (57KB, 468x583px) Image search: [Google]
1466273810675.jpg
57KB, 468x583px
>>379032975
>No weapon triangle is classic Fire Emblem
FE1 and FE3 didn't have it either.
>Traversable World Map is classic Fire Emblem
That's literally all FE4 is.
>No Weapon Ranks are classic Fire Emblem
Wasn't properly introduced until FE4 and even the kind of shit you're likely thinking of wasn't until FE6.
>Fatigue is classic Fire Emblem
FE5.

A lot of the shit you complain about being missing didn't come about until the second half of the franchise's lifespan.
>>
>>379028749
>Name ONE thing Conquest does right besides the only thing that matters
>>
File: ss+(2017-06-02+at+04.03.18).jpg (86KB, 351x487px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-06-02+at+04.03.18).jpg
86KB, 351x487px
>that map when you first enter the swamps with Celica
>Celica equipped with Blessed Sword 1HKO everything and everyone does measly 1-2 damage to her
>she basically solos the entire thing, as wave after wave of gargoyles spawn and fly to her, only to get OHKO'd instantly and swats every cantor without a sweat

Holy SHIT, Celica
>>
>>379032975
>A-A remake with a few adds is not a classic, reeeeeeeee

>S-Stop saying one of the oldest game that tried something different is a classic!

Bruh, You don't realize YOU are the shitposter all along, the second installment of FE is not classic, whoa, makes you think.

so I suppose neither is the very first one?, neither Shadows Dragon?. Just leave Jamal, I'm quite embarrased of your mentality
>>
>>379024890
Eirika is retarded but her getting ruse-cruised by Lyon made way more sense than Celica.
>>
File: 1436758392406.png (62KB, 374x336px) Image search: [Google]
1436758392406.png
62KB, 374x336px
>>379031483
I want an alternate reality where Alm dotes on Faye and she can be happy and give him children and be loved for the rest of her life.
>>
>>379032975
>No weapon Triangle
>No weapon Ranks
You are aware that there was no Weapon Triangle and Weapon Ranks until Fire Emblem 4, right?

FE 1 and 3 had Weapon Experience, which had it's how growth rate.
>>
>>379033454
>literally one other FE game had fatigue
>the fucking original game didn't even have it
>"classic FE"
CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>379033623
Literally what game are you trying to define as "classic FE" if not even Thracia is good enough
>>
File: rr.jpg (26KB, 517x517px) Image search: [Google]
rr.jpg
26KB, 517x517px
>>379033623
It's still a classic, like it or not, senpai-
>>
File: 1458961288133.jpg (99KB, 1088x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458961288133.jpg
99KB, 1088x720px
should I turn Atlas into a Merc or an Archer? Celica route already has 2 dreadfighters but only 1 archer although you can never have too many dreadfighters...
>>
>>379033816
He works amazingly as a Merc
>>
>>379033816
When in doubt, go Merc
>>
File: 1487724663542.png (12KB, 441x181px) Image search: [Google]
1487724663542.png
12KB, 441x181px
>>379033623
If you want to get really technical, FE9 and FE10 tried to do fatigue with biorhythm in a really fucking weird sort of way, but I left those games out of the comparison because we're talking about classic Fire Emblem.
>>
>>379025576
To be honest, it really is better to be Mighty Number 9, Sword Art Online, and their ilk than being nameless trash like Endride or a Kemco RPG.
>>
>>379026115
Eirika is still smarter than Celica.

And that's depressing.
>>
>IS decides to make an original character for gaiden remake
>make a girl who gets ntrd by the main character again

I'm positive there's that one guy in IS who gets off on reverse ntr everyday at the office.
>>
>>379033816
I have five fucking mercs in Celica's route and I don't regret it
Step it up
>>
>>379033623
Are you really implying FE 1-5 is not classic?
>>
File: Cl.png (1MB, 1403x1843px) Image search: [Google]
Cl.png
1MB, 1403x1843px
Don't mind me, I'm just posting the best Echoes girl.
>>
File: Maximum Erection.gif (565KB, 367x265px) Image search: [Google]
Maximum Erection.gif
565KB, 367x265px
>MFW Genny as a Saint
I want to commit a crime
>>
>>379033816
He is pretty versatile but best as a merc overall. I'd especially say go merc if you want Sonya.

>>379034148
Maybe if she fixes that ugly hair she might be almost as good as Matilda in Alm's group. Maybe.
>>
>>379034148
you forgot *3rd best
>>
File: Anna 14.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Anna 14.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>379032842
>>379032906
Sexy as fuck
>>
>>379028953
>remove weapon durability
>make everything above steel completely useless
WEW
>>
File: Galko and blacks.jpg (97KB, 391x299px) Image search: [Google]
Galko and blacks.jpg
97KB, 391x299px
>>379034148
BBC lover be gone
>>
File: 1490919258586.jpg (34KB, 275x476px) Image search: [Google]
1490919258586.jpg
34KB, 275x476px
>>379034148
I wish she wasn't shit in my run. I feel like she must have gotten Atk screwed or something because she can barely even do half an average enemy's HP in damage while pega Faye in comparison is reliably one rounding shit left and right. The only perk Clair seems to have over her is evading better but that can mean fuck all with this game's RNG.

My Catria's not doing too hot either. Palla and Est are both one rounding terrors but Catria can only pick off stragglers.
>>
>>379034148
Post were with the good art, not the shitty heroes art
>>
File: WVW69kXuP-A4R1BCEf.jpg (83KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kXuP-A4R1BCEf.jpg
83KB, 320x240px
>>379034148

Well, she's certainly my best unit not named Alm/Celica.
>>
File: 1495080961576.png (203KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
1495080961576.png
203KB, 600x440px
>>379034574
My Catria have 138 overall stats and 20 ATK (+12 with fully Forge Silver Lance)
Palla is lagging behind with 17 ATK and 116 overall stats.

But who care, they are not best girl.
>>
>>379034581
Among other things I can't stand (namely mobage in general) is how jarring it is to look at multiple artists juxtaposed against each other.

Some of the art is actually quite good, but some of it is really bad and it's a shame they're in the same game. I'd never play another mobage again but at least GBF had the decency to have one artist do everything to unify the aesthetic.
>>
do I use all 3 of the Pegasus sisters?
>>
>>379033523
Many maps are shit. I wanted to fight an army not gimmicks.
>>
>>379034581
Some of Heroes' art is better than Echoes' though.

>inb4 BUT HIDARI IS GOD!
>>
File: 5266523.jpg (60KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
5266523.jpg
60KB, 640x360px
>>379032842
>>379032906

boner pls contain yourself
>>
>>379034238
What crime?
>>
File: 300px-Cg_fe13_confession_lucina.png (104KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Cg_fe13_confession_lucina.png
104KB, 300x180px
Just finished playing every 3DS FE game and I'm in love.
>>
>>379034920
>Some
Therein lies the problem.

Even if all the art was good it would still suffer from having to see characters drawn in drastically different styles next to each other.
>>
>>379034972
Oh you know, playing with dem fluffy hairs and holding hands in public
>>
Genny needs a hair cut, god damn girl
>>
>>379034920
If you think this pixiv fanart tier garbage looks good you have actual brain problems
>>
>>379035051
MMOOOOOOOOOODSSSSSS!!!!
>>
File: Genny_Heroes.png (933KB, 854x1730px) Image search: [Google]
Genny_Heroes.png
933KB, 854x1730px
>>379035113
Exactly
>>
>>379035007
Congrats. You have the most vanilla taste possible aside from maybe Celica.
>>
>>379035387
Nothing wrong with liking Vanilla
>>
File: 1496011262019.gif (640KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496011262019.gif
640KB, 500x500px
>>379034845
Yes, I think we've all fully accepted who the real best girl is on Celica's route at least. Is there even any other question?
>>
>>379035524
Faye > Genny > Mathilda=Clair > Silque > Celica
>>
>>379035524
Did she fuck Saber though?
>>
Sonya is best girl jfc
>>
>>379035618
Matilda and Sonya are actual best girls, but then I'm not into moe, standard female love interests or bad haircuts.
>>
>>379035645
>"After falling in a most unlikely love, Genny wed a man no one would ever expect. As for whom she married, exactly, no one can say—whenever her friends asked, she replied only with a smile and an enigmatic laugh."

And Saber married a "beautiful wife"

Genny totally went for her older men fetishism
>>
File: 1489523217281.jpg (29KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489523217281.jpg
29KB, 450x600px
>>379034148
>mfw I only leveled her in heroes so I could take her hit and run
>>
>>379035515
Your taste is so awful that it makes Tharja and Camilla good taste
>>
>>379035007
>Liking Lucina

imma pray for u
>>
>>379035515
The flavour equivalent of Lucina is white bread, not vanilla.
>>
>>379036521
Wait, why?
>>
File: 1476393650098.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1476393650098.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>379036630
actually, her equivalent is flatbread
>>
File: ExpanDiong.jpg (86KB, 480x837px) Image search: [Google]
ExpanDiong.jpg
86KB, 480x837px
>>379036646
Just relax, you won't feel anything.
>>
File: 1495721817263.jpg (163KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1495721817263.jpg
163KB, 1365x2048px
How well did the game do on sales?
Did Nintendo secure enough pre-orders to warrant making more Fire Emblem games.
>>
File: 1495458059977.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495458059977.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
>That music against the emperor
>>
>>379036793
They will probably try their hand at another remake and if it doesn't sell millions we'll get exclusively mobages from now on, those never fail.
>>
>>379036793
Ask again when the switch FE is released.
>>
>Hoplite literally turn a character into Hector
Such defense, such strength
>>
Echoes does have great presentation. But no amount of surface polish can change the trash gaemplay. I usually keep animations off just to get through the terrible maps. This is the first FE game where I had to do that, its that fucking bad. Who really gives a shit if Nohr had a trash plot, plot has always been in the background for FE. Its just there to string together maps. I hope we get another game like conquest.
>>
File: 1477550980758.gif (3MB, 280x154px) Image search: [Google]
1477550980758.gif
3MB, 280x154px
Fully VA'd game. Hearing other people comment after Crits is pretty cool. Namely the one that stuck with me the most is after Delthea got one, Clair chimed in with "Now watch ME go".
VAs weren't ass other than nasaly Clive and Deen, but I think Deen is supposed to be a novelty. Even Mae's VA is good, despite the content being shit. Nobody acts like that in nondescript medieval times so it's obnoxious to hear "I'm still hyper, LET'S GO", but her VA at least tried with it.

I also really like the class subtext going on. Fernand not taking any of Alm's shit and even Clive starting to doubt Alm because he was a farmboy felt much more engaging because it felt somewhat realistic.
>>
So how long does it usually take you guys to plan out which classes characters will be used in and
which parents children in Fates will have? Also, how do you go about it?
>>
>>379037772
https://inheritance-planner.herokuapp.com/
>>
File: 1496214515588.jpg (1MB, 992x1403px) Image search: [Google]
1496214515588.jpg
1MB, 992x1403px
>>379037621
>Catria gain attack at level up
>I am at top form today
As long as she doesn't think about something else.
>>
>>379033524
Celica's team is fucking easy mode. Everyone except for Leon and Boey are complete monsters. Meanwhile Alm's team is pretty much crawling through the ground trying to not die. I had to god damned grind because my team was so underleveled. The majority of my team were barely 1 level promoted because I went in blind.
>>
File: 1460943495953.jpg (9KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1460943495953.jpg
9KB, 184x184px
>yfw "I don't want to hear that coming from someone with no friends"
>>
>>379038436
>except for Leon
>>
>>379038490
I made Atlas an archer who completely outclasses him.
>>
File: 1465212760986.gif (1MB, 211x203px) Image search: [Google]
1465212760986.gif
1MB, 211x203px
Music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujJbKWKC4NE
>>
>>379038551
How does that lessen Leon's effectiveness?
Thread posts: 494
Thread images: 95

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.