[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watch Dogs 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

What does /v/ think of Watch Dogs 2? It's not amazing, but it's a big improvement over 1, which really isn't saying much

pros
>driving is no longer a nightmare
>main character has some personality
>can go full non lethal
>stealth is far less cumbersome

cons
>writing is still bad. story doesn't go anywhere until well after the half way point, the constant 'nerd' references are kind of cringe worthy, and the villain is a joke
>tazer is overpowered and can carry you through to the end no problem
>some upgrades make the game a cakewalk. stealth is basically unneeded once you have the call gang ability.
>money is largely pointless once you get the grenade launcher and best motorcycle
>soundtrack is still awful

It's a shame it sold like shit, as Ubisoft seemed to actually learn from their mistakes.
>>
>>379008073
Shouldn't you be shilling Farcry 5?
Did you not get the memo?
>>
I hate how the characters all think they are doing the right thing and acting like I didn't gun down 30 innocent security guards. Other than that its an average stealth game and a shit action game.
>>
File: ubisoft marketing.jpg (289KB, 750x1214px) Image search: [Google]
ubisoft marketing.jpg
289KB, 750x1214px
>>
>>379008073
Didn't buy it because of the screaming female cop voice. Sounded too familiar.

My mom used to abuse me when I was young.
>>
>>379009827
sorry
>>
Just started playing it. I'm having a lot of fun with the scissor lifts.
>RC one out of a restricted area
>Get in
>Lift it so I'm out of view
>Drive back in to the restricted area
>Jump to scaffolding and steal case of money
>Jump back into scissor lift
>Drive out without being spotted, even though I'm right in the middle of a bunch of enemies
>>
File: Dance Party.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dance Party.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
It could have been a really good game if they'd focus on one thing. The stealth in the game is the best, distracting guards and causing mayhem. Guns are boring and go against the tone of the game. Driving is ass. The multiplayer invasions are really fun. I'm not a big fan of the location or characters but they at least did a good job capturing the degeneracy of California.
>>
>>379008073
game is fun, but my CPU cooler flips the fuck out while playing it
>>
I'm one of the few people that liked the first game, and I honestly think 2 was a step down. It suffers from the classic Ubisoft issue of quantity over quality; I feel overwhelmed any time I launch the game, because there's a billion objectives and activities and it's not really clear which lead to actual progression and which are just side jobs. It feels as wide as an ocean and as deep as a puddle. The first game was a shamless GTA clone, but it was at least a decent one. Combine that with cringeworthy dialogue, weapons, and characters, and I was only able to spend a few hours in it before I lost all interest.

It doesn't help that it still runs like garbage, even after they made a big deal about how "this time it's different, we actually optimized the PC version!" Bullshit you did, this is the most CPU bound game on the market and it has absolutely no excuse for that.
>>
I like it a lot more than the original because how much more character customization options there were, using the drones and scissor lifts are enjoyable, and playing stealthily was kind of fun. But gunplay felt more out of place than ever.
>>
>>379008073
>driving is no longer a nightmare
i feel like it was the opposite, a step up from the first WD but still absolutely terrible driving when compared to most other open world games. It was an okay game although it felt really short, so much so that when i did reach the final mission i had to check to make sure i did actually just finish the game. On a side note though fuck those missions where you had to ride a crane more than once specially the golden gate tagging mission, it was cool the first time but the 10th fucking time i was real tired of that shit.
>>
>>379008073
Garbage. I pirated it, played for a couple of hours and uninstalled it. It's just another bland open world game, but this time with obnoxious shitheads for characters across the board.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.