[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your Experience Playing Zelda BOTW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 7

File: jawdropping.jpg (180KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
jawdropping.jpg
180KB, 1200x630px
When I first slid Zelda into my Switch, I had no idea what I was getting into. I'm a life-long Nintendo fan but I would hardly call myself a fanboy. In fact, I enjoy a few titles for other consoles too. That being said, I can definitively say that Zelda BOTW is, without a doubt, the most important thing ever to happen, both to my own life and to the gaming industry in general. Let me explain.
I have never cried during a movie, tv series, or video game before this point. But within the first few minutes of this game, after I stepped out of the Link’s slumber shrine and into Zelda’s 100% handcrafted world (in my opinion, a world more beautiful than our own), I actually shrieked. I threw my Switch on the floor and covered my mouth with my hand. There was no way this could be real. I thought that God was playing a trick on me. I tentatively picked up the Switch to confirm what I had seen and, to my ecstasy, my original perception was right: Nintendo had finally made the perfect open world. I frantically moved Link in all directions to orient myself in this ethereal wonderland before it dissolved into cascades of green and yellow and blue as tears blurred my vision. I put the game down, curled up into my couch, and cried for the first time ever; it felt so fucking good. A few hours later, I wrapped myself in a blanket and, grinning from ear to ear, I unpaused the game, ready to tackle whatever divine obstacles Nintendo had masterfully placed in front of me. (1/2)
>>
>>378998338
However, I still had no idea just how incredible this world was going to get. I remember it like it was yesterday: I was looking for a way to get into the cold region when I stumbled upon a sheer cliff face. Daunted, I ran into it to try and figure out my next move. Imagine my complete and utter euphoric bliss when I started *climbing* the cliff. Then it hit me like a bag of bricks—I COULD CLIMB ANYTHING. I threw my Switch again and started honest-to-God screaming at the top of my lungs. I ran out of my house and into the road and dropped onto my knees. I screamed and screamed and screamed. People passed me and looked at me and raised their eyebrows but I honestly just felt sorry for them. I had finally realized how empty everything had been until this point.

I still haven’t summoned the emotional nerve to pick up my Switch but, safe to say, I dream about that open world every single night and, with any luck, I’ll never have a dream about anything else ever again. If you’ve played it, you know what I mean: the intoxicating shivers that rattled your entire body after chopping down a tree for the first time, the explosion of passion that comes from seeing a sunset, the out-of-body dread when running away from a Bokoblin. I can’t help smiling just thinking about it.

I can only hope that you guys love this game as much as I do and, frankly, I can’t imagine anyone not having an experience exactly like mine. How was your first time playing Zelda Breath of the Wild?
>>
>>378998338
In return for the laffs, I give one (You)
>>
>>378998338
nice pasta m8
>>
>>378998338
I don't know what's worse, someone spent the time writing this for false flagging or it is legitimate non-satire
>>
File: IMG_2285.jpg (85KB, 562x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2285.jpg
85KB, 562x490px
The soundtrack sucks
>no one cares, it's not about that and it was never good in zelda anyway

The combat sucks

The framerate sucks

The puzzles suck

No dungeons

The story sucks

No special ability items

No memorable characters

Totally lacks the gameplay characteristics of a zelda game in general

Starting to see a pattern here, boys?
>>
>>378998815
>legitimate non-satire
can you imagine
>>
>>378999139
The dungeons and the puzzles don't suck
>>
>>378999139
Only 2 of those are actually correct (framerate and story)
>>
>>378998338
This is the average Nintendo fan
>>
>>378998338
>into Zelda’s 100% handcrafted world (in my opinion, a world more beautiful than our own)

Reminds me when people were saying that they were feeling depressed about our world after seeing Avatar.
>>
>>379000310
ah yes, the infamous avatar suicides. What a stupid world we live in
>>
>>378998338

To be honest, it's the first Zelda game I ever finished. I tried A Link to the Past out a long time ago, but got bored with it pretty quickly. I was told this would play more like the original Legend of Zelda, and I'm fond of open world, so I gave it a shot. I'm a pretty satisfied customer. Aside from the final dungeon and Ganon being too easy, it's been one wild ride and a damn good experience.
>>
>>379000759
I actually agree, I'll be castrated for this opinion, especially on /v/, but I actually can't get into most zelda games since I found them absurdly formulaic, to the point of being repetitive to me. BotW was the exploration/adventure game I expected from the series after the original LoZ captured that feeling so long ago.
>>
>>379000759
>final dungeon
Whaaaat? The camel? That shit was my favorite one, I found it to be the hardest. The bird, however, was a joke
>>
>>379001310
>Whaaaat? The camel?
you can do the divine beasts in any order, so I assume he was talking about Hyrule Castle (though there the difficulty depends on how strong your gear is when you enter, which is kinda the point). I agree the camel is the best dungeon; best dungeon quest as well.
>>
>>379001483
Ah, I see. I really didn't even consider the castle to be a dungeon at all--it was too easy to traverse and there weren't any puzzles.
>>
>>378999139
Why do people hate the soundtrack? Because it's not in your face?

There are a lot of great themes, and I love how interactive and narrative-driven it can be in parts.

Like, when you're doing dungeons, it'll get louder and layer in more instruments the further you complete stuff.
>>
>>379001570
the castle was a dungeon in the traditional sense (not in relation to zelda, but in the sense of traditional dungeon-crawler games), with a focus on enemies and secret areas in a labyrinth-like layout - it has almost no puzzles at all as a result. I liked it, but it was really easy when I personally did it since I had top-tier gear already, but I could see it being a lot harder if you went in with like a traveller's sword and hylian armor.
>>
>>379001614
It's lackluster as fuck. Its hard to remember anything good about it. I vaguely remember liking Kass's music and that's it
>>
>>379001570
I don't consider the castle a dungeon, but at the same time, it had a lot of things that I felt were missing elsewhere in the game. Namely density.

There are a lot of nooks and crannies, and just places to screw around in the castle. It kind of reminded me of an area in a Souls game, where, things aren't necessarily blocked off by puzzles, but more so obstacles and enemies. There's also a lot of verticality, with going above and below, and exploring things.

It was kind of a shame there weren't more places like it.
>>
>>379001909
What makes it lackluster?

People even say there's hardly any music, but I don't get that either, since you'll hear tons of shit traveling around, and playing through the main story. I dug Sidon's theme, the stables music, Tarrey Town, and the main theme.
>>
>>379001826
I think it's pretty cool that's they let you do the castle whenever you want. But I would've readily sacrificed this element if the castle was buffed and more difficult. I almost wish that the four beasts were a requirement to enter so the final dungeon felt more, erm, final.

I get the appeal but I feel as if an opportunity was lost
>>
>>379001310

Ah sorry, I meant Hyrule Castle. And wait, I was supposed to do the camel last? I thought I had to do the chameleon last. Seemed like lava was the most logical one to do last. Fuck

>>379001005

Yeah, BOTW just seemed like it would be a more pure Zelda experience. Turns out that's the case. It's challenging, you're given a lot of freedom, there aren't too many puzzles. This just feels like the ideal Zelda game. The kind we would get in a different timeline
>>
>>379001614
I don't really know, but my best guess is that it's too sutble sometimes, to the point where even when the arrangement is good, some people don't like it since it's not as bombastic as past games. So basically what you said. I personally felt BotW's soundtrack is really catchy and has some really dope tracks, here's some of my favorites:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjTTZgfX2jA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNLfPSvuMFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIE7eDYit2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgK_OfW7nl4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlg43w1aK8M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zLDAHkPxpc

I probably like it better than most though since I'm a piano player and they finally used it as a focal instrument for once.
>>379002103
>I was supposed to do the camel last?
not him, but you can do them in any order (nothing in the game suggests there's a 'proper order', either), however it's speculated that the bird is better to be first with the camel last based on their perceived difficulty.
>>
>>379002507

I did do the bird first, that seemed like the easiest one to start with, then I did the elephant second.
>>
>>378999139
>it's not about that
Every time
>>
>>379002507

Zora Domain is great music to just chill to.
>>
>>379001614
>>379001909
I dont get the hate for the soundtrack Either.
It feels pretty good when the main LoZ theme plays while you are on your horse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_3iE7z3Few&list=PLFwObPlg7Y1pnZVEKHOE6QW66XZacCFxY&index=21

fully orchestrated music too.
It would be seriously annoying if the main theme was playing all the time, and they intended for the sounds of the wild to be more prominent.
>>
>>379002068
anon it's just a shitposter shitposting, let it go.
>>
>>379002507

I prefer Hyrule inside for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xthzpaLX4b8
>>
>>379002507
best tune coming through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3CJ0tUevxQ
>>
We've said it to death.

It was a masterfully done open world but it also neutered the story and a sense of progression.

The dungeons were good but too short and samey. Same applies to Shrines, which could have cut their numbers by at least half since so many are Blessings/Combat Trial.

Music was a bit weak, but wonderful where it was done well such as the bosses, dungeons, and Hyrule Castle.

Combat suffered from being repetitive and Links offense was castrated, with each weapon class consisting of one combo string each. Lack of enemy variety was a disappointment.
>>
After getting past the boring-at-best tutorial area, I made a beeline straight for Hyrule Castle. Getting that far from the get-go was fun and thrilling. Arriving and beginning the ascent was - at least to me, a lifelong LoZ fan - an incredible experience, so much so that the abysmal performance in the entire area didn't stop me from continuing. I hadn't spent much time preparing with potions and food, so basically any slip-up would result in death. It was a grand, tense experience.

Then I got to the main hall and my weapons all broke 3 minutes into the first boss, and I never touched it again.

Frankly, getting to Hyrule Castle at the very beginning is up there in my favorite video game experiences, but after watching both of my roommates play the game 'properly', I knew the game had nothing more to offer to me.

I don't regret playing it, especially the way I did, but this is easily my least favorite LoZ game out of the ones I have played.
>>
>>379003668
I agree, but I still feel it's the best zelda game by a wide margin and that a lot of your points apply almost word-for-word for every other game in the series.
>>
>>379001914

Yeah, the game really needed more indoor areas. The seamless traversing between inside and outside the castle is one of the coolest Zelda experiences I've had. It feels so much more "real" since the entire dungeon exists in the overworld, instead of being a separate instance like every other dungeon is. Just the fact that the castle is all there, and not just a shell for a loading screen makes the things there feel closer.

I really hope they keep that, while also doing other dungeon concepts. Like if they do an underground dungeon, you could find entrances to it scattered around here and there. And while you're being pursued by enemies through a hallway, you run through an exit only to find that it's just a door-shaped hole leading out of a cliff drop. The very same cliff you've been looking at maybe five times without noticing anything.
>>
>>379004056
>being surprised that your rusty swords and tree branches broke so quickly
why didn't you grab any of the stronger weapons from within the castle? a single royal guard weapon would probably last you through all 5 bosses.
>>
>>379004252
>a single royal guard weapon would probably last you through all 5 bosses
....are you kidding?
>>
>>379003601
Great choice but this is actually the best tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moJdgTCaq40

Fit that hypnotizing, mirage-esque feel of naboris so well imo.
>>
>>379004330
no, they have really high durability. Note that royal weapons and royal guard weapons are not the same thing
>>
>>379003668
>masterfully done open world
I thought it, too, suffered from a lack of variety. Biomes were there but interesting areas were not
>>
all things considered it's already shaping up to be least remembered 'top game of all time' ever

think it should be frightening for nintendo because it means they're not selling consoles nearly fast enough for it to live off the hype of this game

the stock shortage is just awful for nintendo, they suck with stock to begin with but the real fucker is they're competing against apple for parts which will really fuck them, because apple is going to win that fight, so there might be a shortage of stock this entire year
>>
>>379004573
No, I know, but there's no way it could last for an entire boss fight. In fact I'm pretty sure I blew through 2 of them on final Ganon alone
>>
>>379004252
I never said anything about being surprised.

Honestly, I wasn't sure what was inside the other rooms. I didn't bother to check them, as I assumed high-level enemies would be all over the place. It wasn't until one of my roommates got there after having done all of the Divine Beasts and having plenty of gear that I realized there's plenty of weapons inside that aren't too hard to get.

I'd consider going back, but the rest of the game is a boss rush. I watched my roommate finish the game, and do not feel compelled to fight any of these bosses. Not with this game's combat, at least.

I would bet that a lot of the reason I enjoyed my experience so much is that I did not do a lot of combat. I fought a shrine guardian and a Lynel in Hyrule Castle, but that was it. It was enough for me.
>>
>>379004689
I doubt that, but I can't say I've tried it myself (didn't have any royal guard weapons when I did the final boss)
>>379004715
>but the rest of the game is a boss rush
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, how is the entire game a boss rush?
>>
>>379005016
You literally quoted me and then said something completely different. Try again.
>>
>>379005074
I confused
>>
>>379005485
>the rest of the game
>the entire game
>>
>>379005074
>>379005534
so you're going to argue semantics now?
just answer the fucking question
>>
>>379005574
How the fuck? I was asked to explain how the entire game is a boss rush when I literally never said that. I can't explain a point I never made.
>>
File: 1493596490136.jpg (459KB, 1500x971px) Image search: [Google]
1493596490136.jpg
459KB, 1500x971px
BOTW is easily one of my personal fav games of all time. I really enjoyed it. I usually only play turn based RPGs so I was pretty bad at the combat but it was really fun.
>>
>>378998338

>start game
>get off the plateau
>head east
>do some shrines and shit
>find a village, kinda neat
>find Eventide Island, fucking legit holy shit
>eventually get around to talking to Impa and Snap-chan
>suddenly realize that up until this point with the exception of Eventide, I'm not really having any fun
>make my way to Zora's Domain
>do the sacred beast thing, whatever
>haven't touched the game since

Goddamn, it is hard to try and be invested in this game. It's just not drawing me in at all.
>>
>>379005648
Then explain how the rest of the game was a boss rush and stop dodging the quest (I fail to see a major difference between what you said and what was asked, either)
>>379006365
sounds like you barely explored anything since Zora's Domain and Eventide are pretty close to each other.
>>
>>379006453

I've played for about 20 hours. Barely touched the map, sure, but I'm already feeling fatigued with the game. I dunno, I just find it hard to play longer than a couple of hours before dropping it for a couple weeks. Whatever's supposed to keep me interested here, it's not working.
>>
>>379006453
>I fail to see a major difference between what you said and what was asked, either
The rest of the game is not the entire game. I have the Ganon spirits (or whatever they're called) and Ganon himself left to face. We were not talking about quests at all.

>>379006365
Try heading to Hyrule Castle and checking that out at least. The actual ending sequence is pretty bad, but I thought Hyrule Castle was some seriously amazing shit. If the rest of the game matched the castle in terms of quality, I'm sure it'd have been a much better game.
>>
>>379006710

I might just do that.
>>
>>379006614
Seems a shame to me to drop it so early without seeing some of the best parts, but if you're not liking it then you're not liking it so I can understand.
>>379006710
Stop dodging the fucking question already. Holy shit.
>>
>>378998338
I went through every area and did 117/120 shrines before doing any of the main quests and was pretty blown away. I understand peoples' complaints about lack of enemy and reward variety, but this is the only open world game I've ever played where the world feels like it has careful level design behind it.
>>
>>379007023
I think what made it work for me was how surprisingly lively it felt (despite the somewhat post-apocalyptic setting); the AI has a lot of detail in there just to try and make simple bokoblins seem more like tribal hunters, and the wildlife heard scuttling around all over the place adds a lot to it imo.
>>
>>379006891
The question is, how is the entire game a boss rush, right?

Here's my answer. It isn't.
>>
>>379007347
No, I already re-asked the question and you blatantly ignored it. So here it is again: how is the rest of the game a boss rush?
>>
>>379007209
Getting to each tower was also a very carefully crafted experience that was meant to feel unique each time.

>tfw did not know cryonis worked on mud, so for Wasteland Tower I stacked the metal boxes littered about on top of each other until I could jump from the cliff to the boxes to the tower
>>
>>379007525
You kill the four spirits, Ganon, and giant Ganon, and the game ends, with the ability to re-load your save from before the fight.
>>
>>378998338
It's pretty boring unfortunately. Zelda is a pretty boring game.
>>
>>379007843
that's a ridiculous oversimplification of the game, you know there's quests leading up to each divine beast, right? On top of all the sidequests and shrinequests.
>>
>>378999139
>Starting to see a pattern here, boys?
Your life must suck?
>>
>>379007960
I'm not talking about the game as a whole. I'm talking about the rest of the game from where I am currently. You either read my insight on the rest of the game and are ignoring it, or you are sorely lacking the context of the beginning of this comment chain.
>>
>>379008156
actually, I think it is you that's forgotten the reply chain, since you initially made clear you stopped playing the game after trying to rush to hyrule castle as you watched your roommates play it instead, as seen in >>379004056. Meaning, the 'rest of the game' for you should still be just about everything since you didn't progress after you tried to rush to hyrule castle.
>>
>>379008647
Yes, the rest of the game which I clearly stated I had no interest in. I WAS curious to see the final sequence, but after watching that, too, I was no longer interested in that, either. The final sequence being the initial "rest of the game" that me and the other Anon were talking about before you butted in trying to make it seem like I was talking about the entire game, instead.

We had a clear understanding of what each other were saying. You did not.
>>
>>379003510

Either of them with that enemy-near marching effect are fucking incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h9nrGznskY
>>
>>379006365
I ran into the same problem (though I did complete the game eventually). Honestly if you're not enjoying the game now you won't enjoy it more later. There's no "second act" where things ramp up or anything like that. What you see is what you get.
>>
>>379009130
so your complaint is that it's just boss rush because you have no interest in anything but rushing the final boss and seeing the ending? alright...
>>
>>378999139
the amount of time you put into this tells us how pathetic your existence is.

kys and say hi to 2017's GOTY.
>>
>>378999139
"It's not about that" is a shit excuse in general, if it's in the game it's worth examining and criticizing.
>>
>>379009514
Yes. I don't enjoy the bulk of Breath of the Wild's gameplay. I thought Hyrule Castle was an incredible exception to the rest of the game, and had high hopes for the finale based on my experience climbing Hyrule Castle. I was disappointed to find out that the rest of the game was just six bosses back to back, none of which I thought were particularly interesting to fight, so I did not pursue them in my own playthrough.

That is my experience playing Breath of the Wild. Again.
>>
>Was really excited for the first ~20 or so hours
>After that things started to get stale, with bits of enjoyment
>Everything after about 40 hours was just boring, playing for the sake of it
>Everything after 70 hours has been a complete slog, not enjoying it at all anymore but I only have a couple of shrines left and Ganon, haven't played in weeks because I just don't care anymore

I don't know how to feel about it because there was a lot of time where the game was really exciting and great, but trying to do everything in the game has totally sucked the life out of it. The beasts were all pretty forgettable compared to the old dungeons, I don't think anyone is going to be talking about the camel or the salamander the way we talked about the forest temple or whatever 10 years down the road. BotW runs out of new things to throw at you way too quickly before it runs out of shit for you to do, I feel like I should've just said fuck the shrines and finished the game after the first 20 hours or so, and I would've walked away with a much higher opinion of it. That open world fatigue really sets in hard. I didn't like Skyward Sword, so I'm happy they changed directions, but they really need to do something other than the shrines for the next one because that shit just isn't fun. There needed to be more story and characters, what they had were the best parts of the game and it makes up such a tiny fraction of your play-through.
>>
File: mike.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mike.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
Well me personally, I LOVE Breath of the Wild. As far as the vistas go, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say...BETTER than Ocarina.
>>
>>379011293
Did the check compensate? Do I love Breath of the Wild?
>>
>>378998338
Easily GOTY until Odyssey comes out.
>>
>>379011293
I SAW A GORON AND I CLAPPED
>>
File: 1494765078565.png (141KB, 500x569px) Image search: [Google]
1494765078565.png
141KB, 500x569px
Should have had this as the true final boss.
>>
>>379009995
>That is my experience playing Breath of the Wild. Again.
but it isn't since you didn't play most of it, instead you chose to watch college mates play it, which begs the question over why you didn't try it yourself actually (since you have only stated that you rushed straight to ganon, was left disappointed by the fact that resulted in your weapons breaking during the boss-rush you got [what a shocker, right?], then didn't play anything yourself since)
>>
>>379009995
>was just six bosses back to back
but it isn't, at all. Even if you're really stretching the definition I don't see how this is a fitting description in the slightest
>>
>all I have left to do is kill Ganon and get like 200 more Korok seeds
>zero motivation to do so, especially after hearing all the negativity surrounding the Ganon fight and how disappointing the 'true' ending is
waiting for ARMs now
>>
File: Cemu 2017-04-26 03-34-05-75.jpg (178KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cemu 2017-04-26 03-34-05-75.jpg
178KB, 1920x1080px
Played it on Cemu.

Framerate was solid and had all the texture packs so I would imagine it's the definitive edition version of the game.

Basically, my experience is in chunks

First 10-15 hours = One of the best games i've played this gen (only beaten out by Bloodborne but then again, that's personal taste. Completely separate games)

15+ hours = Boring slog. Once I had a good amount of hearts and decent equipment, the main fun got sucked out of the game. The initial "planning" went out of the window because the already shamelessly easy combat system was made even more easy. Side quests (for the most part) fucking sucked. Even that "build a village" side quest sucked because it was more fetch quest tier shit. Shrines for the most part sucked (far too easy). Divine Beasts (Dungeons) were mediocre at best.

The game reminds me of MGSV. A fantastic foundation with a pretty underwhelming execution.

Overall score - 6/10 (first few hours are a solid 9/10)
>>
>>379012047
the Ganon fight is just okay, more spectacle than substance - basically standard for a zelda game. There's no reason to collect all koroks, don't even bother as it's just insanity.
>>
>>379004056
>>379010687
>>379012184
possible samefag (I've definitely seen cemuanon samefagging pretty hard in another thead before)
>>
>>379012430
>possible samefag
Last cemu guy had a new IP
Nice kneejerk reaction to hints of negativity though
>>
File: sound-test.gif (322KB, 250x305px) Image search: [Google]
sound-test.gif
322KB, 250x305px
>>379012430
>one post says the beginning sucked
>the other two say it started off great
Pretty stupid, Anon.
>>
>>379012430

Samefag or not (i'm not but whatever, check the IP counter), why does that matter?
>>
>>379012519
not really a kneejerk reaction, just seemed a little fishy since they said almost identical things
>>
>>379012047

The fight isn't bad, but it's easy. It's underwhelming, because Calamity Ganon is played up to be stronger than he's ever been, to the point where he'd have to be almost impossible to beat in order to deliver on the expectations. It's a really missed opportunity that he doesn't grow stronger the further you've gotten in the game. Would make sense plotwise, too.
>>
>>379012670
>Samefag or not (i'm not
maybe it's just me that your wording here seems odd...
>>
>>379012007
Yes it is, if you do not complete the Divine Beasts first.

>>379011921
Yes, that is my experience playing Breath of the Wild. Not yours. Mine.
>>
>>379015026
I don't get why you didn't bother to try any of the main quests or any sidequests either, apparently
>>
>>379015274
Can you not read? I watched the bulk of this game being played right in front of me. It did not look fun. I did not find the content compelling at all.

One of my roommates had difficulty completing the island trial where you lose all of your items temporarily. I did play through that part for them, as they were beginning to get visibly upset over having to start over from the beginning every time, and I wanted to see what the reward was. That part was enjoyable, too.

But running around the open world, doing basic physics puzzles every now and again, did not look like something I would enjoy doing. So I stuck to what I DID enjoy doing, and I liked it a LOT.

I don't know what your motive is. I feel like I should apologize for sharing my honest experience with a game that I played, and that is sitting right next to me. I also feel compelled to apologize to you specifically for not liking the game as much as you did, as I suspect that is what this is coming down to.

It's a good game. People have asked me for my personal opinion on whether or not buying a Switch now to play Breath of the Wild is worth it, and for most people I say yeah, go for it, it's neat.

Personally, Breath of the Wild is my least favorite Legend of Zelda game. I did not find exploring the world to be fulfilling to any degree. I thought the reduced dungeon size was a huge let-down. While I appreciate the musical composition in the game, I do prefer a soundtrack that is more consistently present. I don't think weapon durability did not add anything enjoyable to the game with the limited assortment of weapon attack styles.

It's not a bad game. I just don't like it very much. I'm sorry, I guess.
>>
>>379015941
>Can you not read? I watched the bulk of this game being played right in front of me. It did not look fun. I did not find the content compelling at all.
I get that, but what I don't get is why you chose to watch them play it instead of play those parts yourself first?
>>
>>379015941
>>379016289
also, does this mean you watched like 100 hours of them playing the game or whut?
As I can understand not liking the game, I have nothing against that despite what you're insinuating in your posts, I'm just really confused over your story here
>>
>>379016289
Honestly? It was a gift from one roommate to another for their birthday. Both of them are way more into the Legend of Zelda games than I am (I'm talking physical merchandise - one owns a Master Sword that cost over a hundred bucks), and I saw no reason to cut into their gameplay time, so I watched them play it for the first day or two.

While watching, I thought, "This really doesn't look like my thing, but I remember reading online some months back that you can go anywhere at any time. I wonder if Nintendo really meant that?" I was actually very pleasantly surprised to find out that they did, and had a lot of fun pushing the boundaries of where I was supposed to be.

I only played when neither was home, which left me with minimal opportunities to play the game. I didn't want to show off any content that they weren't going to see for a long time. So in the meantime, I kept watching.

Spent enough time doing that, helping figure out some of the more obscure shrine riddles here and there, and ultimately decided that I wasn't going to have fun playing through most of the game.

>>379016712
Yep, pretty much. We routinely watch each other playing games, if not watching something else or whatever. If you're really interested in specifics I can pull up their gameplay time, but you've essentially got the point. I watched this game a lot.
>>
>>379016893
alright, thanks for finally clarifying that. Seems a shame to not do stuff like the corrupted dragon fight, yiga clan hideout, and tarrey town quest yourself, though. Doesn't strike me as a game that'd be interesting to watch by anyone desu, and I actually like the game.
>>
>>379017396
I figured it'd be enough to simply say "I saw it, and knew based on what I do like, that I would like it, so instead I did what I would like." Regardless, I'm glad you understand.

I can sympathize with really enjoying a game, only to hear that other people watched it instead, or otherwise playing the game in a way that feels like they'd be missing something.

It's like reading a really good book series, then your friend says "Oh yeah, I loved those movies!" But the books have so much more to it! Just like actually playing the game can help to convey so much more than simply watching it.

I assure you I'm not prancing around /v/ calling the game shit like some of the early posts in this thread. I just figured I'd share a somewhat middle of the road experience with the game in the sea of "10/10" or "0/10" sentiments.

Have a good evening Anon. I hope you spend time playing games you enjoy soon.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.