[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is great, but it's hard as hell.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 2.jpg (171KB, 1280x720px)
2.jpg
171KB, 1280x720px
This game is great, but it's hard as hell.
>>
>>378993289
Can you sell me on it please?
>>
File: 1493239621345.jpg (508KB, 2048x2048px)
1493239621345.jpg
508KB, 2048x2048px
>>378994536
It's like an ecosystem simulator in a way. It's fairly unique, though rather unforgiving of even small mistakes. I think it's at least worth a pirate if you don't want to buy
>>
>>378994536
It's got an amazing art style and atmosphere.

Unfortunately, the gameplay is extremely unforgiving, getting through a room is often a matter of RNG, there's quite a lot of tedious backtracking and the food/hibernation mechanic serves more to frustrate than to add depth to the game. It actually makes me really sad because it could've been a 10/10 game instead of a niche, acquired taste thing it ended up as.
>>
>>378995993
>>378995783
Thanks dudes, I'm always fine with a challenge but hearing the challenge is tied to rng changes things, I'll still probably look into it more though because the art looks great
>>
>>378993289
The physics based movement is really fluid. And a lot of things in the game feel great, liking throwing stuff around.

Unfortunately the near instant death and having to shelter from the rain discourages you from enjoying the game at your own pace. I would very much like a game exactly like this, but without the challenging aspects.

That's not to say it's a bad game, it's actually great in what it does, but it's just not my cup of tea.
>>
>>378996656
It's not pure RNG, it's more a case of the devs being too smart. The NPC critters have a fairly complex AI and interact with each other without the player's intervention. This makes the world seem alive, but the flipside is that their behavior can get really unpredictable - sometimes the baddies gang up on you and you die, and when you reload you can suddenly walk leisurely through the same room because they're busy with each other or even have moved elsewhere.
>>
>>378997965
That sounds nice, I like the feeling that pure memorization isn't is good as the ability to improvise
>>
File: vine.webm (745KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
vine.webm
745KB, 960x540px
law of the jungle motherfucker

i liked this game a lot, but i can absolutely see why some people despise it.
>>
>>378993289
Currently stuck on my way to the west after the gravity shenanigans area. There's a shelter just before an area transition and the part after is a shitshow up in the air with flying deathbirds and a billion lizards and it's not even clear where to go and every time you die you have to go through and wait for the area gates and eat the food just on the other side. Every single fucking time. There is also a way back east close before the area gate but i assume it only leads back to the starting areas.
>>
>>378998574
Well, sometimes you can improvise and feel really good about yourself. But sometimes nothing fucking works and you just have to die doing the same thing 25 times before the enemy finally looks the other way on the 26th try.
>>
>>378999113
Yeah but those times you died it's not like it was impossible
>>
File: MotherofGodHelpMe.webm (3MB, 810x642px) Image search: [Google]
MotherofGodHelpMe.webm
3MB, 810x642px
>>378998647
>>
I left the game at sky islands after meeting with five pebbles, should I just finish it
>>
>>379000575
You have done all the things needed to actually end the game, now you just need to find the exit
>>
>>379000772
But I hate sky island, tell me the other areas arent as annoying
>>
>>379000920
The path to the end is nowhere near as bad as Sky Islands, but it's still fucking miserable to get through Filtration.
>>
>>378999857
No, it was. That's the problem. You can do exactly the same things and get wildly different outcomes because the AI is so volatile.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.