[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else hate uncharted?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 15

File: unpolished.jpg (21KB, 434x231px) Image search: [Google]
unpolished.jpg
21KB, 434x231px
anyone else hate uncharted?
>>
>>378991876
Never ever
>>
I've never played it but /v/ hates it so I do too
>>
I'm not a fan. It was a slog to get through, just like that shitty spec ops game.
>>
I do. It's painfully mediocre and bland.
>>
File: OK.jpg (91KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
OK.jpg
91KB, 375x500px
It's a Sony exclusive so I'm afraid to say anything bad about it. I don't want to be meme:d
>>
>>378991876
fuck you OP it's the best game ever and classic tomb raiders are stupid
>>
>>378991876
I only played the third one.
It was ok. Not a fan, but it had some fun sections i suppose. A bit bland in general.
>>
>>378991876
never played it but yea sure
>>
>>378992276
the games are unpolished af, glitchy, the random camera angle changes and automatic 'cover-crouching' is unplayable. not to mention the horribly scripted cut scenes that take too long.

When I play uncharted I feel like im playing an extremely interactive movie
>>
I played a couple minutes of 3, it was shit.

Got halfway through the first and dropped it because it was generic as shit.
>>
>>378991876
not hate but they are pretty meh.
play once never again
>>
>>378992687
makes it unplayable*
>>
4 came with my PS4. It starts off really boring and you play crash bandicoot in the game inside the game like wtf
>>
why does the series have such good reviews. have the reviewers never played it and just suck the developers dicks?
>>
>>378993237
Looks really good and has high production values in pretty much every aspect. That's enough for most people to call it a "modern classic" even if the gameplay is "meh".

I think the washington post or something gave the latest one a 4/10 and complained that it was just more of the same as the previous games and there was a petition to remove the review from metacritic.
>>
>>378991876
They're fun but they aren't anything amazing. I had a blast playing the trilogy but I played like 3 hours of 4 and was bored nearly to death. Should I keep going /v/?
>>
File: drawbridge.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
drawbridge.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>378993237
because they're fun, extremely polished and have a 10/10 presentation, including some of the best animations of any game out there. Also it they have the best and most cinematic gameplay cameras in any game series
>>
>>378995004
i dont play a game for cinematics. i play a game to play a game not watch a movie
>>
Speaking as someone new to the series:
4 > 2 > 3 > 1

Some say 2 is the best but I'm pretty sure that's nostalgia talking. 4 has way better climbing and combat (which is 90% of the gameplay). I'd go so far as to say 4 is the first one where I really enjoyed the combat, and would replay encounters just to fight again in a different way. People are just mad that there isn't enough of it compared to the older games.
>>
>>378995145
I'm talking about the gameplay though, not the cinematics. Everything in that webm is player controlled
>>
File: 25113900962_15d143c5da_o.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
25113900962_15d143c5da_o.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I'm assuming none of you got passed the prison level. That's when it starts getting good
>>
>>378991876
I already didn't really care for it, but I actually hated Uncharted 4. To be fair though, I hate 3rd person shooters. Same reason (among others) that I thought HZD was garbage.
>>
>>378995726
being 'stuck' to my cover gets really annoying especially when enemies randomly spawn behind you. Im talking about the 1st and 2nd. I havent played the 3rd or 4th yet
>>
File: akagi-5634553.jpg (248KB, 1200x853px) Image search: [Google]
akagi-5634553.jpg
248KB, 1200x853px
>>378991876
I liked 2 when it first came out, and 3 had a few nice bad drug trip sequences but otherwise sucked.

4 was unbearable. Technically a good game, but so safe it's boring. The prison escape sequence was cool, but that was one of the only real interesting sequences.
>>
File: uncharted.webm (2MB, 960x450px) Image search: [Google]
uncharted.webm
2MB, 960x450px
>>378995945
You aren't stuck to the cover though. You have full control over where you want to be.
>>
>>378992248
... Why the fuck would you think you would get "meme'd" (w/e the fuck that means) for disliking a sony exclusive? Are you retarded? That only happens to Nintendo games here
>>
Pirated the first game, it was trash.

Not gonna bother pirating 2 & 3, since I hate shooters with health regen.
>>
>>378996705
its not possible to stay crouched, move towards and away from cover
>>
>>378996954
I guess that is true but you can do something to accomodate for that.
>>
Hate is another form of jealously, I guess.
>>
>>378992687
>t. didn't play them
>>
>>378991876
I've only played 1 and 2. 1 is basically early-PS3core, looks ugly as sin and has aged pretty poorly in general. 2 looks much nicer and has much more enjoyable setpieces. Overall it's okay, the mechanics are too barebones and the story is pretty bad. The only "great" thing is the presentation which is what keeps the other elements from collapsing in on themselves.
>>
I liked 2 but even after finishing it, I realized I didn't need to play another game of this type ever again. Ok it's cool to feel like Indiana Jones but there's no challenge and it's basically an interactive movie. But still, 2 deserves respect because it was extremely well made and had all the great ideas, leaving the next two with lesser ideas and the feeling of uselessness. 4 is particularly boring.
>>
I liked it more than tlou, so there's that.
>>
File: img7278jpg-19cd2e_1280w.jpg (207KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
img7278jpg-19cd2e_1280w.jpg
207KB, 1280x960px
/v/irgins will always hate something good that's popular, no surprise there.

>muh movie
This meme needs to die. The Order is a movie, telltale games are movies, tlou is a movie. Uncharted has more action and gameplay that calling it a movie is borderline retarded and should be a bannable offense.
>>
>>378991876
1 nearly made me go postal with the seemingly endless waves of pirates coming out of fucking forests or some shit.
>>
File: 1385410544788.png (339KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1385410544788.png
339KB, 900x900px
>>378997848
>borderline retarded and should be a bannable offense.

Sorry m8, this isn't NeoFAG, if you want to get triggered about people not liking generic shooters you should go back.
>>
File: moving combat.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
moving combat.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>378996954
True, but you can stay low by doing cover-transitions combined with rolls as you move from cover to cover. The animations kind of blend together and keep you low to the ground. I suppose the rationale for making you automatically stand up when you move because crouch-running (and even crouch sneaking) in real life is extremely slow, tiring and inefficient compared to the same thing while standing.

You can't go prone / duck in the open and shoot because that makes camping easier and discourages people from using the cover system, and Uncharted has been an arcadey cover shooter since the beginning
>>
>>378998048
I had no idea there was a term for this. I suppose im just not a cinecasual then
>>
>>378997473
>but there's no challenge
my ass.
What difficulty did you play on? Also 2 was the easiest one
>>
>>378998261
Because a faggot made it up in some uncharted thread.
>>
>>378997432
He is actually correct, Politically Correct Dog cocksucker.

It went from bad (Uncharted 1) to worse (Uncharted 2) to worst (Uncharted 3).

I had so many issues in Uncharted 3, freezing, all sorts of bugs in multiplayer, it's basically a joke of a game. And mind you, I got and played it around half a year after release.

You know stuff like playing coop and then me somehow getting stuck in the last area, while the rest of my time successfully went to the next area and other shite like this. It's a miracle that I managed to get plat + 100% in all 3 games. Especially in U3 with their horrible broken RNG for treasures.

Recordings of U2 were also completely broken. Some froze the console even. Then the crap they pulled with that one patch, which lowered health like crazy, which made the game just crap.
>>
>>378991876
Hate? No but you can tell it was made by people who just wished they could've made one big cutscene movie.
>>
I have a modded PS3, is the first game worth pirating, or is it another case of sonybros having no standards?
>>
>>378998507
*team, not time
>>
>>378998386

Why are you so aggressive, mouth breather ? You call me on bullshit that I found it easy, then admit it's the easiest one. You're the single player equivalent of calling people who play legit "hackers" because they headshot you.
>>
>>378996740
That's a lie and you know it.
>>
>>378998524
It's not worth it. Not even pirating this shite. You can use the bandwidth to get something good.
>>
>>378998507
>It went from bad (Uncharted 1) to worse (Uncharted 2)

Literally no one who isn't a complete dumbass says this. U2 was, and is miles better than U1 ever was. U3 was the one with weird glitches and shotty development, but with some nice ideas implemented.

>You know stuff like playing coop and then me somehow getting stuck in the last area, while the rest of my time successfully went to the next area and other shite like this. It's a miracle that I managed to get plat + 100% in all 3 games. Especially in U3 with their horrible broken RNG for treasures.
>it only happened to me so it must be true

Yea, fuck off.
>>
>>378998674
Aggressive? I didn't even call you a name, like you did me. Why are you so defensive?

I'm just calling you out on your saying that the game is not challenging. 2 on crushing difficulty is still pretty fucking hard; just not infuriatingly so like 1 and 4 are (and some parts of 3)
>>
>>378991876
multiplayer is pretty good
>>
>>378998524
The first game is universally regarded as the worst of the series. Try the second one.
>>
>>378998386
>hurdur having bullet sponge enemies and giving half of them full body armor makes the game totally difficult, guys

no, it's cheap. And it's still not challenging.
>>
I actually thought uncharted and jak were the best of ND overrated games. Uncharted is like the best Indiana jones game we never got, and jak was a fun platformer. The rest of ND shit like tlou or crash are pure garbage.
>>
>>378997848
Honestly The Order and The Last of Us has 200% more gameplay than say telltale and Until dawn/david cage games.

Also. This is a very controversial opinion but....
these """"movie"""" games have more controls than crash bandicoot and even super mario

How will we spin this one?
>>
>>378991876
Played 1, 2 and a couple chapters into 3.
They're not very good. I'd recommend any CoD campaign over this if you want a semi-realistic shooter.

No part of the gameplay is good.
>super simple gunplay
>bad choice of weapons, only two weapon slots so you don't know if the obligatory explosives weapon will pay off
>exploration is second to none, you find trinkets but even walking is so boring that it's not worth looking in fear that you walked somewhere for nothing
>climbing is about as good as it can get but it's such a shit concept that it isn't fun
>running sections are arguably the best part but even them suffer from animations that delay jumps and failing is difficult

I guess the saving grace is that the AI is fairly smart and that they're the epitome of a movie game.
>>
Marathoned 2 minutes of the game before dropping it since it was literally unplayable. If that is the power of the PlayStation then it's no wonder everything that matters has moved into PC.
>>
>>378991876
yup, played the entirety of the first game hardest difficulty and it felt like it was holding my hand the entire game. Couldn't be bothered to play the other games.
>>
File: not at all challenging.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
not at all challenging.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>378999136
They take no more bullets than they do on any other difficulty. They are just more accurate and you can take much fewer bullets before you die. And some tougher / better armed types of enemies will spawn in sometimes
>>
>>378991876
Yes, I bought the 2nd one and it's one of my few regrets.
>>
>>378991876
what kind of name is "nathan" for a main character anyway?
>>
>>378999757
>first game hardest difficulty
>felt like it was holding my hand the entire game.

First game is one of the hardest in third person shooting. I smell bullshit.
>>
>>378999837

holy fuck bro do you play with official razer merch? who sponsors you ??
>>
File: 1457651650350.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1457651650350.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
#4THEGAMERS
>>
>>379000327
Why are you quick to call him a shill?
>>
File: leaf.jpg (59KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
leaf.jpg
59KB, 234x250px
>>378998928
>>it only happened to me so it must be true
yeah, Politically Correct dog cocksucker
I guess this is me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qACl9EKsFWg
and this was uploaded by me too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTRyqFViNM8
and this here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNN_KeBMGj4
and so on. It's all me. I uploaded thousands of videos.

And I also searched so many times on google for "uncharted 3 glitch chapter 19", that it appears as auto-suggestion too.

You know, this piece of trash is even broken in the single player game. Which actually wasn't the case in U2. Politically Correct Dogs are even incapable of creating a primitive short linear cutscene game. That's how pathetic they are nowadays.

/remembers Jak & Daxter, which was pure gameplay and almost no cutscenes.

And no, U2 is actually worse b/c of their shitty tacked on multiplayer, which they never fixed and their shitty single player designed with certain scenes in mind and then writing a story around it and them suggesting on zombies and then not delivering. Granted up until the health patch the mp wasn't THAT bad. It's still trash regardless, because they never ever fixed the totally broken matchmaking. Not in U3. Not in U4.

And those RNG treasures? Yeah no one except me hates it with a passion. No one at all.
Oh wait, basically everyone that wants to complete it hates it, because it's a broken piece of trash.
>>
>>379000435
>left one is multiplayer model
Why you got to lie, faggot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPyKJWtLjn4
>>
>>379000017
badly designed, not hardest.

U3 could also be called "hardest", but it's actually not. It's simply also badly designed. Instead of improving the terrible AI, they simply made enemies into bullet sponges and added tons of body armor. It's even worse than the standard and cheap way of simply raising health of enemies and giving the player less of it.
>>
>>378995465
I prefer 2 because it has the best difficulty of all 4. I played all on hard at first; 2's crushing difficulty was really fair and challenging, playing though it was a blast. But 4 has some areas with terrible difficulty where enemies are just bullet sponges, like that part on the ships with the armored enemies. It was terrible on hard, I'm not interested in trying it on crushing
>>
>>379000528
Oh, right I'm sorry

>glitch only 0.001 percent of people experienced.

>And no, U2 is actually worse b/c of their shitty tacked on multiplayer
So adding a mode decreases the game's quality? I'm I being trolled? This is bait right? U2's tacked on multiplayer was great, everyone loved it more than the trash U4 multiplayer.
>>
>>378992687
>the games are unpolished
Stopped reading right there.
>>
I don't really hate them but they should never make another one. In fact I really wish sony would cut it out with the movie games already, 10 years is enough.
>>
File: 1496429561477.jpg (74KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496429561477.jpg
74KB, 720x720px
>>378992687
>the games are unpolished
wat
>>
>>379001894
you stopped reading after you realized that they are?
>>
>>378992035
unironically this
>>
File: shipwreck crushing.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
shipwreck crushing.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>379000981
I like that part on crushing. It's stressful, yeah, but feels amazing when you prevail. It is legitimately hard and the best way to win is to be ballsy as fuck against the regular guys while staying back and ambushing the brutes / grappling dudes as they try to rush you
>>
>>378991876
I only played the 2nd and 3rd one. I had a shitton of fun with the 2nd, in the other hand, I kept crashing with chairs on the 3rd one and Nathan would just keep touching them so I stopped playing because I got bored out of my skull.
>>
>>379002315
There are a large amount of valid arguments against Uncharted, but saying the games are not polished shows that you have never played them. If you want an unpolished game then go talk shit about Bethesda where you can fall through the world in multiple areas.
>>
>>378995004
>enemies dies in 3 shots or less
>you can tank a whole clip

this is why i hate uncharted..
>>
>>379000542
FUCK
That looks fucking insane. My PC is literally crying
>>
>>378991876

I would love to play them but i dont own a console, i like Nathan's characteristic and adventures.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.