[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC Gaming/Health

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 030253.g001.png (2MB, 2068x1641px) Image search: [Google]
030253.g001.png
2MB, 2068x1641px
Guys have your ever played for 10+ hours a day for a whole week on a PC? Do you ever feel mentally sick after playing for too much?

Be honest if possible...

Also what you think of this reasearch?
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0030253
>>
>>378989474
I think everyone here played more than 10 hours.
I had a little kind of PTSD after playing Arma 2 for 20 hours almost straight. It was in Christmas and I went for a walk with the friend I was playing with.
Some kids were playing with fireworks and we both run and covered behind a wall. We were on our nerves all night.
>>
>>378989841

thanks for your answer.

The last week i payed for 7 days WoW i think 10hours x day doing RBGs and raids.
Suddenlty i started to feel extremely dizzy my head was pulsing. it was like Labyrinthitis i couldn't keep my balance. I am honestly scared about this situation sometimes i still feel like my head is submerged and slowing mooving like some seaweed... it sounds stupid i know but it's the truth
>>
>>378989474
Last night I played Factorio from midnight to 11 AM today. That's when I felt extremely tired and could leave the PC alone.
>>
File: pipe.png (729KB, 583x497px) Image search: [Google]
pipe.png
729KB, 583x497px
>>378989474
>>
>>378989474
Not really, and I've played non-stop for a week before

Ironically, the only game that bothers me after some time (usually 1.5+ hours) is Doom (Zandronum's software mode), especially when there's a lot of switches or doors that makes me run to walls lots of times; it's weird
>>
>>378989474
>trusting low impact factor journals
>>
>>378989841
>I think everyone here played more than 10 hours
lol, the vast majority of 4chan is infested by redditors who are casual as fuck. i mean look at the threads for all the casual as fuck baby games that would be a PERMAbannable offense on old /v/ like halo, world of warcraft, persona, etc.
>>
>>378991747
>>378991512

i'm a bit paranoid and scared, i don't want to bait or troll i just ask for personal experiences
>>
>>378991602
Also, take your study with a grain of salt:

>Limitations of the Study

>There are several limitations that should be mentioned in this study. Firstly, the diagnosis of IAD was mainly based on results of self-reported questionnaires, which might cause some error classification. Therefore, the diagnosis of IAD needs to be refined with standardized diagnostic tools to improve the reliability and validity. Secondly, although we tried our best to exclude comorbid substance and psychiatric disorders, it is acknowledged that this may not have been done sufficiently (i.e., no urine test was given, sleep habits and schedules and daily sleepiness were not controlled in the experiment design), such that the white matter changes observed may not be attributed to IAD per se. It is also admitted that this is not a controlled study of effects of internet use on brain structure. Thirdly, the sample size in this study was relatively small, which might reduce the power of the statistical significance and generalization of the findings. Owing to this limitation, these results should to be considered preliminary, which need to be replicated in future studies with a larger sample size. Lastly, as a cross-sectional study, our results do not clearly demonstrate whether the psychological features preceded the development of IAD or were a consequence of the overuse of the Internet. Therefore, future studies should attempt to identify the causal relations between IAD and the psychological measures.
>>
>>378989474
>10+ hours a day for a whole week
I did that for about a month playing solo ranked DotA 2. I became extremely irritable and absolutely hated doing anything else. I talked to other people as little as possible and was pretty robotic in my actions: Every day I would swing my legs out of bed and have a few games before breakfast, skip lunch to play 5 or 6 more then have dinner and carry on playing. I actually really enjoyed myself
>>
Gaming gave me diabeetus
>>
>>378991983
People play 10 sessions of WoW and (probably) Halo. What are you on about?
>>
File: 1376263275663.jpg (17KB, 251x168px) Image search: [Google]
1376263275663.jpg
17KB, 251x168px
>>378989841
>>378990950
fucking casuals
>>
File: nope.jpg (86KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
86KB, 800x800px
>>378993649
>playing a casual game for a long time means you aren't casual
>>
>>378989474

i think i got the ptrd from playin too much rising storm
>>
>>378991747
High impact factor doesn't automatically make something good, either
But, studies like the one in the OP aren't really proof of anything
>>
File: 1387406742917.jpg (169KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
1387406742917.jpg
169KB, 500x417px
>>378989474
I've spent months of my life in my room on my PC, going out at most once a month to get money for rent. All day, every day, on my PC -- usually sleeping when everyone else is working. I'm not as weird as I should be, I've never gotten sick, and it's no biggie.

10 hours every day for a week is nothing by the way. Even casual fucks play games for that long if they're immersed. Just like watching seasons of television shows.
>>
File: 1486682912290.jpg (22KB, 740x784px) Image search: [Google]
1486682912290.jpg
22KB, 740x784px
>>378989841
>I think everyone here played more than 10 hours.
Your privilege is showing. I have an attention disorder.
>>
>>378989474
Ask someone who just got rid of For honor and Rainbow six and deleted any instances of uplay.
>The Nightmare is over
>>
>>378989474
i think my max consecutive playtime was 4 days, which meant wake up->play that shit->sleep
obviously i didn't forget eating, didn't use shitbuckets and such
very rarely now i go max 2 days if my time can afford it
what i've noticed is that after the 2nd day i start dreaming about the game, usually it's about an unsolved problem in the game and trying to find a solution for it
interestingly though, i always find a solution in my dreams, but they are artificial and don't exist within the game, but the solution is not unrealistic either

the only exception was when the save mechanic was grabbed from Skyrim, it was funny, i was dreaming about real life then decided it's time to load a saved game but didn't know how to do it
it felt like when you want to say a word but you can't remember the word, yet you know it exists and it's there and very close
>>
>>378991602
I've noticed zandronum causes some disorientation in me as well compared to other games. Hotline Miami will also do it to a limited extent as well.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.