[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Risen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: risen.jpg (37KB, 300x429px) Image search: [Google]
risen.jpg
37KB, 300x429px
Thoughts on Risen
>>
Complete dog shit combat ruins what would otherwise be a fantastic game.
>>
Risen to Gothic is what Force Awakens is to A New Hope

they tried to recreate Gothic (three camps, chapter based story etc)

But the game lacks all the spirit and atmosphere and that "something" that made Gothic so special
>>
>>378984202
It's like Gothic, except with good combat.

>>378984350
>Complete dog shit combat
And this is pure bait.
>>
>>378984202
I liked it. Couldn't get into Risen II or any Gothic game since playing it.
>>378984350
I hated the combat until I liked it.
>>378984362
I played Risen before Gothic and couldn't get into gothic 1 as it was hella old and the control systems and combat very strange and archaic
>>
Its no Gothic but its still one of the better arpgs out there. Has the same kind of satisfying progression and detailed world. Really nice environments too. Last third is kinda shit though.
>>
help I really want to get into gothic because I hear it's great but the controls are so fucked
>>
Why do you pronounce it Rissen and not Raisen?
>>
>>378984546
Hoping your enemy stops blocking for no reason is not good.
>>
>>378984671
Play 2 I guess, it'll soften the blow. Alternatively stop being a little babby and get used to them.
>>
>>378984671
only casual faggots complain about the controls.

they're amazing and fluid once you get used to them
>>
>>378984202
>go into random cave at the beginning
>get ass kicked by ghoul
>finally kill it after a dozen tries
>deeper in the cave encounter 2 more ghouls at the same time

Fucking ghouls man, even at lategame they're still the most difficult enemy.
>>
What's the combat like, is it another witcher 3 deal?
>>
Take Gothic 1

remove the thick atmosphere, amazing soundtrack, funny dialogues, interesting story, good combat, interesting world, badass main protagonist

and you have Risen
>>
>>378984202
Bretty good and last gothic game piranha bytes created. It's not as good as gothic 2 though.
>>
>>378985227
>gothic 1
I'd say risen is on pair with gothic 1 but without cool bros like lee, diego lester, gorn and milten.
Gothic 2 is best out of these games.
Gothic 3 and risen's sequels don't exist.
>>
File: g1.png (2MB, 2170x1430px) Image search: [Google]
g1.png
2MB, 2170x1430px
>>378984202
>>
>>378984202
Risen 1 > Gothic 2 NotR > Gothic 2 = Gothic 1 > shit > Gothic 3 > piss > Risen 3 > Risen 2.

The mos important part of any Gothic game is the combat, no discuss. Exploration is a key element as well, but the most important parts of the game are all combat heavy. Since Risen 1 has the best combat in the franchise, it's also the best game in the franchise.

Fuck the retarded nostalgiafaggots.
>>
>>378989359
Gothic 2 has the best combat among those games though. Literally only downside of gothic 2 combat in unorthodox control scheme which works great if you actually spend time learning it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-stA8tuJc4
>>
risen has good combat mechanics
apart from that, it is a bad attempt at remaking gothic
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.