[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G2 vs TW3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 22

File: nameless-geralt.png (472KB, 594x399px) Image search: [Google]
nameless-geralt.png
472KB, 594x399px
Which one of these is a better game?
>>
Comparing Gothic 2 to TW3 is like comparing Da Vinci's painting to a drawing made by a 5 year old
>>
File: 5412313212.png (499KB, 510x511px) Image search: [Google]
5412313212.png
499KB, 510x511px
The Witcher 3 defined a generation and set the bar higher for RPGs. Gothic 2 well, a decent game for its time but aged like milk.
>>
Neither of them are RPG's.
On that note neither of them are good.
>>
>>378983593
>The Witcher 3 defined a generation

But hand-holding GPS systems and Batman combat system was already out there for a long time

Defined a generation of casuals and put the final nail in the coffin of video games, thats more like it
>>
You have to be fucking retarded to compare an old school hardcore RPG from 15 years ago to a 2015 cinematic action game with RPG elements

What's next? Wizardry 8 vs God of War?
>>
>>378983903
this
>>
File: smug cat.jpg (61KB, 604x438px) Image search: [Google]
smug cat.jpg
61KB, 604x438px
>>378983024
Fuck off.
>>
>>378983903
Wizardry shits on God of Cucks
>>
Witcher 3. It's newer, looks better, wasn't made by nazis, is the bigger game, has more content, romance options, better controls, better story etc.
>>
>>378983024
I like both, but I prefer Gothic due to it's overall atmosphere and storyline.
>>
>>378984464
> Wasn't made by nazis

Please anon tell me what else you refuse to use simply because it is german?

Fuck off.
>>
File: The Witcher 3 vs Gothic 2.png (3MB, 2280x794px) Image search: [Google]
The Witcher 3 vs Gothic 2.png
3MB, 2280x794px
>>
File: 1444067601513.gif (981KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1444067601513.gif
981KB, 500x378px
They're both fucking great, though I enjoyed them for different reasons.
>>
>>378984709
I don't know, bro. Did the Germans even do anything other than start two world wars and lose both of them?
>>
Dev said they were inspired by Gothic when making The Witcher 1

Then when making The Witcher 3 they said they dumbed it down and made it more casual so that it sells better

So go figure
>>
Gothic 2 by far.
Better gameplay, better progression system, better level design etc.
Witcher is good for story, gothic is better videogame.
>>
>>378985639
Also gothic has better atmosphere and much more immersive, witcher is much more cinematic.
>>
>>378983024
Are you kidding me? That's like comparing an old nokia phone to a flagship smartphone.

Witcher 3 has more/better content, better graphics, better music, better characters, better animations, better gameplay, better everything.
>>
>>378985913
Adding to this, your average gothic thread:

>>378974672

Fucking lmao
>>
>>378984464
literaly any problem you could have with the nazis you could have with Poland, they absolutely despise Jews and have killed thousands over the centuries.They also caused WWII.
>>
>>378986393
>they absolutely despise Jews and have killed thousands over the centuries

wtf I love Poland now
>>
>>378985913
How's 9th grade?
>>
File: rWIecNh.gif (2MB, 296x142px) Image search: [Google]
rWIecNh.gif
2MB, 296x142px
>All these rose tinted nostalgia fags

Lol if gothic and even wizardry games were so great, how come they died like the pieces of garbage they were?

Face it, you guys are just a buncg of video game hipsters spouting literally who "old school" vidya in the hopes that people think your cool.

Tl;dr: old games sucked, you cant deny the fact that they did not sell well. If a game does not sell well it doesnt get a sequel, if it doesnt get a sequel its because it was a shit game to begin with, the audience voted with their money.
>>
>>378987314
Kill yourself.
>>
Can someone attach that pic where the quest from G2 and the quest from TW3 are compared
>>
File: yakuza kiryu tattoo 2.jpg (68KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
yakuza kiryu tattoo 2.jpg
68KB, 540x720px
They're both great games but I prefer Gothic 2's world building by far.

I would love to see CD Projekt Red's future games be designed in a way where I don't need the magic compass to navigate everywhere.
>>
>>378987841
never gonna happen in today's market sadly
>>
>>378985913
>Witcher 3 has more/better content
Depends, it has some great sidequests but other optional content is ubisoft tier rubbish and gothic has none of that. Every single thing in gothic is handcrafted and not random, meaning loot and progression

>better graphics
obviously, although art direction in gothic is not unpleasant to the eye. It's not ugly game to look at

>better music
music in those games trying to achieve completely different goals, music in gothic is much more atmospheric and toned down while music in witcher is much more bombastic and stylized, that is to underline witcher's more cinematic approach, gothic on the other had focus more on creating background and fleshing out the world

>better characters
I'd say both of the games has tons of great characters, in witcher you have bloody baron and olgiert etc, but in the gothic you have lee and diego and all your other friends from the colony i'd say both games are equal in this regard

>better animations
agreed, gothic animations are servicable at best and witcher's are more relistic

>better gameplay
Strongly disagree, witcher 3 gameplay is rather poorly made and too floaty and random, especially bad with encounters with mob enemies while gothic is more like precursor to dark souls and shares a lot of das characteristics, especially gothic 2 in which you can kill even the toughest enemy on level 1, it's much more skill based than witcher 3.

>beter everything
Gothic shits on witcher in therms of vertical level design, progression system (which is really the best progression system in arpg ever), combat, difficulty and fact that everything is deliberate and handcrafted. Witcher has better story, is longer and prettier that's about it.
>>
File: Good quest vs Bad quest.png (4MB, 1240x4772px) Image search: [Google]
Good quest vs Bad quest.png
4MB, 1240x4772px
>>378987560
>>
>>378987314
>how come they died like the pieces of garbage they were?
They never died you moron, we have still mods coming out improving those games and cult following behind them, they are crazy popular in europe. Murricans never played gothic because it was never marketed to them but it's really better than any other open world arpg of the time out there.
>>
File: IMG-20170523-WA0020.jpg (67KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170523-WA0020.jpg
67KB, 1200x630px
>>378987553
Cool argument, faggot.
>>
>>378985639
This is my opinion as well. Sure TW3 is more modern but it pales in comparison to G2 as a video game and how much more engrossing it is, for me personally.
>>
>>378987950
Why not? Put up sign posts. Make it optional. Give me enough information to know how and where to go and what to do.

Cyberpunk would be perfect for that since all I need is an address and street signs.
>>
>>378987841
Whoever drew that tattoo on him is bretty good
but still
>tatoos
>>
File: yakuza kiryu tattoo.jpg (37KB, 350x600px) Image search: [Google]
yakuza kiryu tattoo.jpg
37KB, 350x600px
>>378988264
This guy won a competition and SEGA paid for his tattoo. $10,000. 6 sessions over the course of 6 months since his body would go into shock after too much.
>>
>>378988256
you're underestimating how dumb the average person is
>>
>>378988461
Then have the magic compass be optional. Just design your quests/world in a way that works for both.

I don't think it's between one or the other.
>>
The video that kills the witchercuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYrALStucs
>>
>>378988746
>17 minutes
>>
>>378988156
>mods coming out
Thats like admiting the game is in life support.
Cant get a sequel to your game, you are left with nothing but shitty mods to try and convince yourself the game is good.
I mever understood how people defend games with mods. Its like saying "yeah the game is only good with mods"

>never marketed to north america
Your game did not have the budget for decent marketing and it was never good enough to spread via word of mouth. But im sure you have some other absolutely subjective reason why its better than anything else that came out in the last decade
>>
>>378983775
THIS.

I'm fucking tired of this goddamn game getting praise. Hopefully in the next 3-4 years we'll look back and see how much it was truly lacking.
>>
>>378988885
>adhd
>>
File: DRM.jpg (23KB, 380x492px) Image search: [Google]
DRM.jpg
23KB, 380x492px
>>378988746
Witcher and Horizon Zero Dawn are as good as you can get within their particular game design philosophies.

They're all great in what they do, I just think Witcher and Horizon ZD would've been infinitely better if I wasn't following the magic compass in those games.
>>
>>378988746
I love this video, watching it for the first time.
>>
>>378988984
>Thats like admiting the game is in life support.
The game is now 16 year old, that means at lest 6 years older than you, it still having new mods says a lot of the quality of the original game.

Nobody gonna remember witcher in 10 years period, the modding community is also rather passive.
>>
>>378988984
Gothic 2 had a sequel, and the Risen trilogy is a spiritual sequel aswell, made by the same devs with a different publisher. These games are pretty succesfull, just not in the USA.
>>
>>378988885
Don't pretend like you plan to do anything important in the next 20 minutes.
>>
File: ELEX.jpg (72KB, 1000x425px) Image search: [Google]
ELEX.jpg
72KB, 1000x425px
Christ I hope ELEX is good. I already ordered the collector's edition.
>>
>>378989996
Wouldn't bet on that. New PB games are horrible and elex looks like shit, it's like PB forgot what made gothic 2 such a good game. Sometimes i think that they made gothic and gothic 2 by accident and don't relly understand why it was so good.
>>
Combat and quest design is meh in witcher 3 but besides that it absolutely trumps g2
>>
>>378989996
It's literally Risen 2 again

You fucked up
>>
>>378990151
I haven't played G3, but I recently played Risen and while it didn't reach G2, it did manage to improve upon it in some regards and was overall a good game. Do the other Risen games stay on that level?
>>
>>378990451
I fucked up by ordering a collector's edition (which I can easily cancel or return if the reviews are bad)?

I even saved $35 by pre-ordering
>>
>>378989718
Risen was pretty good.
Too bad risen 2 was terrible
>>
>>378985136
Das boot.
>>
>>378990914
How is Risen 3?

Also, Risen suffered from the same problem as G2 by having a shitty ending/final boss.
>>
>>378989996
if the world and exploration is on par with gothic II ill put up with the shitty everything else. actually maybe ill want some decent variety in how you can solve a quest too
>>
>>378990492
Nope, sadly risen 1 is the only game i would consider to be gothic game, or gothic-like game, risen 2 is shit, gothic 3 is unplayable without heavy modding and even after modding you just can't save this unfinished game. Risen 3 i never played, heard it's better than risen 2 at least but it's not gothic and never will be. Elex might be better than new risen games, it has potential to be fun game but again, too much shit going on with this game. It's like PB really run out of ideas and creativity and just said: fuck it, let's just mash up fantasy with sci-fi and see what happens
>>
>>378985136
Germans invented a bunch of important stuff you use daily. Plus, classical German music is GOAT.
>>
>>378991261
For the most part, the shitty combat in their games is the major issue.
>>
>>378983775
>being this butthurt about GOAT RPG

In comparison gothics is just a mere shitstain, there are few universally acclaimed series like the witcher series.
>>
File: risen2.jpg (171KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
risen2.jpg
171KB, 1280x720px
Risen was the biggest steaming pile of game design diarrhea covered with the vomit of pretentious sexually frustrated text monkies who call themselves writers that I've ever had the stomache cramp laden pleasure of forcing my poor fucking PC to play. Start the fucking game will you? Okay, open world cum everywhere. Look at our cum, you can swim in the cum, you can interact in the cum. Oh hold up senpai looks like it's time to be rammed up the ass by forced exposition! Alright, time to flood your fucking eyes and ears with the delights of the ethnic flavored shits of a thousand cultures that make up what we like to call a diverse backstory and world. Followed by that, I'm sure you will be stabbing your eyes out in the feverish desire to never lose sight of the literal CUBES we're calling houses dripping with the shit of what you call textures to make them look like some kind of NES Borg Cubes that accidentally made it through a dimension made up of feces. I'm glad you're not having fun whatsoever because it's motherfucking time to make you spend hours basking in the glory of the ten minutes prior to launch we spent making this shitty fanbase cashcow grabber and to drive home the point we made NPC's skullfuck you if you decide you're not having enough fun. Wait a moment, it seems you thought it couldn't get much worse than this, so now comes the combat tutorial! Witness all 3 frames of animation as you awkwardly backpedal from your enemy as if to avoid the miserable stench from the farts of a thousand cumfilled assholes while you attempt to gather up enough courage to bear the brunt of this pain as you waddle right back up to the braindead AI just to play what must have been a mocapped sequence of one of these mongloid developers attempting to install fucking curtain rods.

and that would be the extent of my playtime on Risen.
>>
>>378991591
nobody will talk about TW3 in a few years
>>
>>378989397
People still play skyrim 7 years after release.
I have no trouble seeing witcher 3 still being a big deal in 10 years, unless cd project release another game set in the witcher universe.

Yeah, I get that you like gothic, but it still doesnt change the fact that its a literally who rpg that did not establish a long lasting franchise, so that on itself implies that the game was noy very good to begin with.
>>
risen had great music and i liked those kinda asian vibes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiKxV3EiTkU
>>
>>378991737
>Nobody will talk about the most influential game of 2010s

Okay pal.
>>
>>378991807
>literally who rpg

underage detected
>>
>>378991737
Because we'll be talking about Cyberpunk instead.
>>
Whats with the Gothic threads lately?
You refused to talk with me about these games for 8 years, /v/, you fucking tsundere
>>
>>378991959
Literally only krauts and poles have played Gothic. Nobody has even heard of the game outside of those countries.
>>
>>378991807
>that did not establish a long lasting franchise

Because JoWood took the Gothic license away from Piranha Bytes and PB couldn't do a new Gothic game, so they made Risen instead, and the latest game came out in 2014
>>
>>378991807
Again, you are saying that because you are millenial teenager that wasn't around when gothic first came out and never actually beat the game. It was big deal back then, it never established continuous franchise because it was fucked by publisher. It's one of the first 3d action rpgs and i can assure you that witcher wouldn't happen without gothic, at least in current state.
>>
>>378989996
I doubt it.
Im kinda excited about it.
But the gameplay and videos they have shown looks like it was made by 3 guys in a basement on a hotpocket budget.
Its gonna be interesting, but you can also tell its gonna be mediocre-border line bad.
>>
>>378992107
People with good tastes have.

>>378992212
Look up recent gameplay. It's a lot more refined looking. It looked like shit last year though.
>>
>>378992107
Slavkek here, it was huge in Russia too, almost as much as Fallout
>>
>>378992107
Because there was no advertising of the game outside of Germany
>>
>>378992107
Gothic was popular in pretty much every rpg community, stop talking out your ass about shit that happened before you were born.
>>
>>378992278
>namefag

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>378983024

Gothic 2 is shit. Witcher 3 is 9/10. Pretty easy answer.
>>
>>378991212
Wish I could tell ya anon.
I kinda skiped it because of other games that came out in that same time.

Steam reviews are really possitive, but most reviewers were from germany. And it sometimes baffles me what they find acceptable in games. Take that as you will.
>>
Also about word of mouth. Back in 2001 there was no social media, you learned about games from magazines. No wonder burgers never played gothic.
>>
>>378992363
No, it wasn't. It got completely overshadowed by actually good games.
>>
Remove modern graphics and Ciri from Witcher 3, is it still a good game?
>>
>>378983024
Gothic II. Not even funny. And I'm saying this as someone who loves the books and the first Witcher game.
Witcher 3 is really fucking BAMHAM trash made for the lowest common normie shit sucking denominator and maximum profit.
>>
Gothic 2 is 9/10. Witcher 3 is shit. Pretty easy answer.
>>
File: fedoraa.jpg (165KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
fedoraa.jpg
165KB, 1032x774px
>>378992596
>>
>>378992668
Witcher 3 isn't shit. You may not like the game design decisions they made but it's definitely the best "modern/accessible open world" game there is.
>>
>>378992107
>Gothic is older than I am: The Post
>>
Funny thing id thst CDProjekt localized and published Gothic in Poland and it was their best seller. Witcher takes a lot if inspiration from Gothic and also the VO cast is almost identical. Playing witcher games in polish is like playing gothic again. For example Lee is Dandelion etc.
>>
File: 1494803399838.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494803399838.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
The open world design is literally ubisoft-tier in its filler and POI spam, and is further destroyed by...

...the loot system, which destroys any incentive for exploration. The weapons you find are worse than witcher gear you obtained 10 levels ago, and you get witcher gear from quests anyway so its not like you have to go hunting for them.
Money holds practically no value whatsoever, and the only loot you find thats useful is alchemy ingredients. Which would be fine if...

...the combat system wasn't so barebones and bland. Throughout your 150+ hour adventure, you use one moveset, 5 bland spells, a crossbow, some bombs and optional potions. The enemy and boss design is so generic and boring though, that using all that hify shit like potions and decoction is pretty much pointless. The biggest strategy is just to mash light attack twice, backhop, and repeat. A large majority of the enemies follow this mentality, and it never truly evolves into anything more meaningful. Why does Djikstra have the same moveset as a wild hunt warrior you fight with Keira?
The game even reskins and recycles enemies in paid DLC, and then dares to call them new ones with new beastiry entries.

The quest design is made for literal braindead children who can't think for themselves. Its obnoxiously yawn inducing because the "investigations" you do are practically you just walking around in circles and spamming X so geralt can shove some more exposition down your throat. It lacks depth, challenge, player activity and more than anything else, longevity. It never evolves into anything more unique or interesting, and it persists through the ENTIRE 150+ hours.

The main quest is basically super mario in poland, where Geralt goes around picking flowers, herding goats and helping every bum under the sun just so he can get the usual message that "nah bro, I don't know shit senpai"

cont
>>
>>378992572
Yes.
>>
>>378992775
>let my tell you why your taste is shit anon
>>
File: w34.jpg (51KB, 602x616px) Image search: [Google]
w34.jpg
51KB, 602x616px
>>378993005
Skellige is wasted potential at best, and the game rushes to its conclusion way too fast after Kaer Morhen. Novigrad and Velen use up a massive portion of time, and the entire point of those areas boils down to "your ciri is in another area that requires you to go through like 20 boring side missions before anything substantial happens"

The story sets up its stakes way too high, and thus makes side content break immersion to a major degree. Theres no reason why Geralt would go around killing nekkers for pennies when the literal end of the world was around the corner.

Speaking of which, the white frost, ciris powers and all of culminating at the same time is some of the most cringe inducing shit I've ever seen. Ciri can hop between time and space because "its in her blood lmao" and the white frost is just a prophecy of "dude lmao if it happens we all die lmaooooo"

Then at the end when you defeat Eredin (who is the most bland fucking villain I've ever seen, he has less lines than reskinned shopkeepers in Velen), the white frost just suddenly comes at the same exact time and Ciri defeats it somehow and everythings awesome and then yay the game ends.
Its rushed as fuck and I lost all my interest in caring about the characters during that arc.

HOS is the best content in the game, but it doesn't fix the gameplay gripes. The story is great however and has the only good antagonist in the entire game.

B&W is fine, but again has the same problems with its open world, quest design, enemy design, and even the main quest.

Overall the game doesn't have a single piece of good gameplay, and the only thing that comes close is the boss fight with Dettlaff.
Its worth experiencing because of things completely unrelated to it being a video game. You would get the same exact experience from just watching it on youtube for fucks sake, and even then it would save you money, time and most of all effort since you wouldn't have to wade through boring filler.

cont
>>
File: witcher 3 combat.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3 combat.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>378993096
all non-quest related things you can find on the world are copy paste boring shit
no one will talk to you unless they are quest related and you have the quest that requires them
awful ui made for consoles and only 2 consumable slots, making alch spec a chore
no resource management, you just instantly get all your potions back for whats essentiallly free
enemys have 1, maybe 2, attack that they repeat over and over, making fights absolutely boring after an hour
level system only works to the games detriment, as youll quickly outlevel everything you have to do and it will all be easier than the game already is
coming across a SKULL WARNING SIGN monster should be exciting but it's not, because you know it fights exactly the same as all the others of its kind, only with more hp.
"cinematic" controls that ignore accuracy in favor of looking more natural
even death march is easy as fuck due to a lack of enemy attack variety and every ability you can spec into being way too strong
ciri sections are boring and unneeded and only serve to rob you of what could have been the one interesting boss fight in the game.
the final moments of the story seem rushed as fuck, from oh hi crones now we fight, to im eredin i have a secret, im dying my secret is this guy tricked us and i had no plan to deal with it, to oh actually geralt i didnt trick you
majority of loot is randomized and scales to your level. Nothing you find really excites you.
all enemies have an extremely short tether that you will cross unintentionally more often than not. At this point they ignore you and start walking back to the center of the area or hang around to get hit easily
witcher senses are only ever used when the quest requires it and is just hold right click to follow quest arrow. you cant actually track monsters or anything out in the world(and why would you need to? theyre all tethered to a small location and never move away)
>>
>>378992996
>Witcher takes a lot if inspiration from Gothic
Only the first one.
>>
Honestly i believe that cdpr are best at linear storytelling with heavy c&c, we have seen that in witcher 2 and we have seen that in HoS, both of thoise are better than tw3 core content.
>>
>>378992775

>what is BOTW

Even if we suppose Witcher 3 is the better of those two overrated games, they are still both extremely shallow in their core. Witcher 3 only dreams of the coherence and depth of Gothic 1 & 2. Witcher 3 is 99% looks and an rpg only by respecting a couple conventions but nothing more.
>>
>>378991737
Sorry but they will
t. folklore fan
>>
>>378983024
>CDPR started from literally nothing in a slav country
>They're now one of the top dogs of the industry and they are highly respected after 3 games

>PB started from nothing in a first world country
>They have fade into obscurity more and more by each passing day, they have made 6 games and yet only 2 of them are worth anything

I think that tells everything relevant about the quality of the games.
>>
>>378993682
No it doesnt

4 of 6 PB's games might be shit, but the two that are good BTFO all three witchers hard
>>
File: 563JJJ.jpg (63KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
563JJJ.jpg
63KB, 700x700px
>>378993682
PB was cucked by their publisher for years
ELEX will fix everything
>>
>>378993005
>>378993096
>>378993230

Witchercucks BTFO

/thread
>>
I still can't G2 to work on my pc god damnit
>>
>>378994085
are you getting any errors?
>>
>>378994239
Apart from the resolution/widescreen issue, frequent FPS drops and errors/crashes
>>
After finishing both of those games you start noticing their flaws and strengths, only ignorant fanboys would tell you that one game stomp the other.
>>
>>378994490
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636014226

reinstall and do what it says here except the L'hiver part
>>
>>378994641
Thanks my man

Have a good day
>>
>>378993836
You fucking wish you cuck.
>>
>>378993682

One sold out and never made anything worthy that wasn't soft porn. The other didn't and went on to make 3 cult games.
>>
>>378993836

>Risen
>shit

As clunky as it is, it's still ten times better than anything CDPR has put out in their entire history. You polish hacks are fucking terrible, maybe if you spent less time shilling on 4chan and actually playing rpg classics, you'll know how to make a good one next time.
>>
>>378995037
>>378995037
He's right

Only the witcher I was any good you console baby
People like you ruined gaming

"muh handheld cinematic experience"

lmao neck yourself
>>
>>378995207
Keep telling yourself that, maybe one day it will be true.
>>
>>378983775
>Batman combat system

shitter detected, sorry you couldn't be bothered to play on a difficulty above normal you cuck
>>
>>378995708

>keep telling yourself what everyone else is thinking except an office of 50 polish hacks

Cool.
>>
File: 1382128856756.jpg (59KB, 307x364px) Image search: [Google]
1382128856756.jpg
59KB, 307x364px
>tfw love both franchises
You assholes need to play more games
>>
>>378995857

>is passionated about the Witcher series
>tell people they need to play more games

Man, the irony. The thing is, it is precisely the people who have played a lot of rpg classics that see everything wrong with Witcher 3. And even if W1 and 2 weren't cancer, they were the definition of mediocre and the only attention they got was from all the soft porn and implied sexuality.

You play more rpgs, then I guarantee your opinion will change unless you're that much of a sexually obssessed sperg.
>>
>>378995857
Even Sapkowski doesn't like Cuckcher videogames
>>
>>378996171
nigger i played pretty much every crpg out there since the 90s and there really isn't many good ones. What do you want to compare witcher to? Bioware shit? Fallout?
Good rpgs are rare and witcher games are the better ones out there, not the best mind you and i really don't like witcher 3 all that much but it was still decent game.
>>
>>378996521
He is not exactly authority when it comes to videogames
>>
>>378983024
If you want pretty graphics and a good story, TW3.

If you want great game design with shit graphics, G2.

If you want a good RPG with deep gameplay, they're both shit.
>>
>>378993682
Let's compare their development

CDPR first:
>Make The Witcher with a Bioware engine
>game is decent and manages to become a secret tip for RPG lovers
>All that while being independent from big scummy publishers
>Make Witcher 2 with consoles in mind and remove most of the PC exclusive details for the sake of broad appeal
>It works and Witcher 2 is a massive success on all platforms - People now view Witcher as a little more than a secret tip
>Witcher 3 gets announced
>hyped for months with glorious CGI trailers and a big marketing campaign which easily rivals EA AAA standards
>game follows the most common basic AAA guidelines on how to make a RPG everyone can enjoy instead of making a game for hardcore roleplayers
>Wins all of the gameawards with people loving the cheer mass of content and the graphics
>the fact that Fallout 4 underperformed in terms of reviews also helps
>Witcher is now mainstream on Fallout/TES/Bioware level popularity
>CDPR who did all this by themselves can enjoy their newfound popularity and money

Piranha Bytes
>started small as well but were never independent
>create Gothic in a bit over a year under heavy pressure (100h weeks)
>game gets good reviews but Jowood the publisher fails to market the game outside of Europe
>Gothic 2 gets made right after Gothic was finished
>11 months of development time while twice as big
>while NOTR gets made Piranha also need to start working on Gothic 3
>Jowood mismanage but they are the publisher so they keep all the money
>Gothic 3 gets stolen from Piranhas office by Jowood so they can print it due to them wanting to avoid bankrupccy
>Piranha part ways with Jowood after that
>gain the rights to Gothic years later
>in the meantime they made the Risen series under a new publisher the infamous DEEP SILVER
>publisher forces them to cut their plans down for consoles instead of staying PC exclusive
>result is more than mediocre
>part ways with DS after Risen 3
>now working on ELEX with a better pub
>>
>>378983775
>/v/ the post
>>
>>378991959
>>378992185
> you are just underage!
Nice argument.
The game is shit because no one outside of krautland or squatkistan knew about it. No marketing outside of europe and no positive word of mouth or hype from fans killed its chances.Its an obscure mediocre rpg and it suffered the fate that it deserved.
Im sorry you cant grow up and accept the facts.
If it was a decent game, other studios or publishers woyld have picked it up, instead of letting it rot in jowood dolphin rape cave
>>
>>378991591
Nice argument.
All Witcher 3 has going for it are the graphics.
>>
>>378996521
How is that an indictment of the games? Sapkowski is one of the grumpiest fucks in the business and doesn't like anything.
>>
>>378997584
>i never played it therefore it's shit
That's why you being stupid kid is valid argument senpai.
>>
>>378988398
i dunno man
if you're actually a jap, are involved with some yakuza style organisation, and they require you to get a tattoo to consummate your contract with them, then it's badass and cool.

but geting a tattoo because you saw it in a video game and thought it was badass? that's pathetic.
>>
>>378997584
Not an argument
>>
>>378984747

From the thumbnail I thought this was a futa cumming but with her cock just barely out of the frame.
>>
>>378987841
>>378988398

>He was willing to get this tattoo
>But he wasn't willing to do the 2 hours of exercise daily that it would have required to have Kiryu's body

Why even bother.
>>
>>378998043
Getting tattoo is effortless, same with wanking and playing games, that's why we always stay neet virgins.
>>
>>378990151
>Sometimes i think that they made gothic and gothic 2 by accident and don't relly understand why it was so good.

here's what happened
>PB make gothic 1 and 2
>theyre great
>they start making gothic 3
>everybody is happy and enthusiastic
>halfway down the road they realized that they're in way over their head
>world too big, engine too bad, bugs too many, combat too shit, etc
>not nearly enough time to fix everything
>launch anyway because publisher pressure
>everybody is exhausted and disappointed, some are bitter
>some people leave the studio
>beef with publisher escalates, split ways, lose the gothic IP
>everybody depressed
>make risen in an attempt to recreate what made gothic good
>its ok but not as good as the old games
>more disappointment, more depression, more people quit

by now the gothic team has mostly left the company, barely anybody remains
>>
>Graphics
Witcher wins. No arguments here.
>Writing
Witcher wins here as well. Gothic and Risen both never had strong writing in any way
>Atmosphere
Gothic wins here. The gameworld aren't overly big but everything is carefully placed and the worlds feel more alive than the worlds in any Witcehr game
>Quest Design
Gothic wins here as well. Gothic 1 and 2 often offer multiple ways for you to solve quests and those options always make sense and't aren't just dumb fetch quests. Everything has its purpose.
>Content
Gothic games are around 30-40 hours long. Witcher 1-2 are a bit longer and Witcher 3 is much longer.
>Replay Value
Gothics quest and world design offers you atleast 3 worthwhile replays. Meanwhile the Witcher games and especially Witcher 3 don't really offer complete replays - Especially with 3 being so big
>Combat system
Gothic is pretty dated in that regard and the ranged combat is very barebones but its functional every new enemy encounter is an experience.
Witcher went through quite a few changes within the series from ancient Bioware-esq combat to modern console gamepad button punching. Hard to judge.
>Difficulty
NOTR Gothic 2 is one of the hardest RPGs if you don't plan to cheese it. The way you build your character is important and even at mid-end-game enemies can still one-shot you if you don't master the combat.
Witcher 3 however is a cakewalk on anythin g but the hardest difficulty and even there you never really have to fear for your playthrough.
>Characters
Gothics characters have their own personal charm which you won't find elsewhere.
The humour is pretty special and the english voiceacting can be weird at times but its still fairly easy to like all of them or hate them in case the game wants that.
Witcher characters are very ''organic''. The games are well written and most actions are believable. No bullshit here - It's overall pretty good.
>>
>>378992278
Well the videos I saw were.from the steam page.
And it kinda looks like a hotmess waiting to be abandoned.
>>
>>378997382
So the purpose of video-games is to make money?

Really makes you think.
>>
>>378999263
The point is that CDPR took risks -> went casual to minimize risks -> Got rewarded

Meanwhile the makers of Gothic never wanted to be big and stayed little garage devs waiting to get exploited
>>
>>378987314
I know you're trolling but Gothic has just as many sequels as the Witcher.
>>
>>378999263
>>378999356

reminder that CDP was a successful business for 10 years before they made the first witcher game. they had a solid foundation to operate on, and could afford to make a big investment in a game like that.

PB on the other hand was founded to make gothic, and was completely dependent on outside funding do operate.
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.