[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MGSV for PC OR PS4?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1495151248894.gif (186KB, 678x422px) Image search: [Google]
1495151248894.gif
186KB, 678x422px
Is there really any difference? Money on either side isn't an issue, and my PC is a monster so both platforms are on equal grounds FPS wise. Is there ANY reason to choose one platform over the other?
>>
Unless you play on playing the bases get PC
>>
PC owner here.

PC version has some pluses, mainly higher resolution and visual options as well as custom soundtracks for your helicopter.

However, it is locked to 60 FPS no matter what and the PS4 version also runs at 60 FPS/1080p. It also has way more cheating with nuke count and infiltrating other bases, which does bring the experience down a little.

Honestly, if you can get MGSV for PS4 cheap (like $12-15 bucks, its been on sale a lot), go for it. Play Ground Zeroes first though.
>>
>>378980663
Don't buy that shit game and buy me hitman season 1 for 25$ please
>>
>>378980663

PC is the definitive edition with mods and everything single player is superior specially graphics. Some niggas bitch about bases.
>>
The PC version is surprisingly well optimized. Maybe blowing the entire budget on the FOX engine will pay off someday.
>>
>>378980663

Fucking get the PC version with Final heaven mod, it adds patrols to the overworld, allows you to take side missions without having to hop in and out of the helecopter, lets you bring your soldiers to fight alongside you, and more
>>
>>378980663
PS4 has less cheaters
Pc has the basic things like better resolution etc etc
>>
>>378980663
PC has some worthwhile mods and better graphics.
>>
File: flipgamecube1369160686626.gif (1MB, 300x210px) Image search: [Google]
flipgamecube1369160686626.gif
1MB, 300x210px
Aiming with a mouse or aiming with thumb stub, hmm. That engine is a fucking champ on PC, too. Ran it maxed with my 7970 HD and i5 2500k without feeling like it was sluggish. Not a moment where I ever thought, man this runs like shit.
>>
PC version is pretty well optimized and has some mods.
You'll probably run into some cheaters, but FOBs are pretty shit anyways and MGO isn't worth playing.
>>
PC version is one of the most well optimized ports I've ever seen. Doesn't even turn my graphics cards fans on at the highest settings and it looks amazing. It's a shame the Fox Engine is kill. It was actually magic.
>>
>>378981264
What game?
>>
OP here, thanks for the suggestions. Seems like PC is the way to go for me based on these responses. I don't care about online/cheaters whatsoever, just a good single-player experience. Thanks again guys!
>>
>>378980663
I've played it on both, it takes a long time to get your crosshairs over someone head on console. On pc, it's so much easier to quickly noscope headshot. other then that, not much of a difference. it's just more difficult on console
>>
>>378980663
get MGS5 on the PS4.

Hackers plague the FoB stuff online and you needs a damn good computer to run it
>>
>>378981875
>lets you bring your soldiers to fight alongside you
nice lie
>>
>>378980663
PC version is literally a perfect port, so obviously that one. Fuckhead.
>>
File: Fox_Engine_logo.png (77KB, 280x310px) Image search: [Google]
Fox_Engine_logo.png
77KB, 280x310px
What went right?
>>
>>378980663
PC is superior just for Infinite Heaven which lets you modify almost every aspect of the gameplay. it also lets you skip those long ass helicopter rides and arrive directly at the mission landing zone.
>>
>>378982684
>he doesn't know
>>
>>378981747
>will pay off someday

the engines only used to make shitty soccer games now
>>
>>378982973
The engine was made from the ground up with high framerate in mind.
>>
>>378980663
PS4 unless you want to get invaded by hackers when you get to the FOB bullshit that's always online.
>>
>>378980663
PC, you dont depend on once device for your gaming needs.
>>
>>378983096
it's not possible, even with infinite heaven, what're you on about?
>>
>>378980663
I own the game on both systems.

To sum it up, doesn't fucking matter. The PC port is great, the PS4 version looks almost exactly the same and maintains a solid 60 fps no matter what, atleast in my experience.

PC version may look better by a tiny amount and you can mod it, but the PS4 version definitely have a more active MP community for bases and MGO.
>>
>>378980663
Get it on PC so you can unpatch it and play around with bizarre custom weapons, like silenced grenades or OP frankenguns
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.