[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this ultimately any good, or overhyped?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: the witcher.jpg (483KB, 1043x1343px) Image search: [Google]
the witcher.jpg
483KB, 1043x1343px
Was this ultimately any good, or overhyped?
>>
Not enough black people. Very racist game.
>>
Definitely one of the best games ever created.
>>
>>378978894
Both good and overhyped
>>
it was okay but the lack of gay romance really ruined it for me, for I am a massive faggot
>>
>>378978894
For all of its failings, it is undoubtedly a
10/10
>>
>>378978894
Beautifully written game packed with memorable characters and stories, visually gorgeous and fun to play, needed more work done on the combat systems and more general polish though.
>>
If you're hardcore about rpgs, you might not like it.

If you're just a regular guy who wants to have some fun, it's a good game.
>>
Decent at being a comfy monster killer simulator, but mediocre in every single aspect of gameplay.
>>
>>378978894
I didn't play it, therefore it's shit
>>
It's a really great game but hardly the perfect 10/10 that most claim it to be. There are definitely some glaring flaws in the gameplay and even the plot but there's enough pros in all aspects of it that it still ends up being great despite these flaws. Having said that, it's definitely not for everyone and I can understand if there are some who don't like it.
>>
File: 1461954494130.jpg (250KB, 1300x1316px) Image search: [Google]
1461954494130.jpg
250KB, 1300x1316px
>>378979125
memes aside this
>>
>>378978894
Less overhyped than Breath of the Wild, but still pretty overhyped. That said it's pretty fun though.
>>
was crafting really necessary?
>>
>>378978894
A bit overhyped, there just wasn't as much dynamic as I hoped for. The story is ok but Dijkstra's side quest ruined some of the story and I was hoping for extremely creative quests that would transcend this game from the rest, the teleporting world one was good but others need improvement. I mean there wasn't even a quest where you fought armies on a ship in skellige, that sucks.

The gameplay and combat was ok but the leveling system was a chore sometimes. The environment needed more movement and destructibility to, again, transcend gaming.
>>
Great game in every aspect except for combat.
>>
Its the only singleplayer game I've put 600+ hours into.
>>
ciri is the cutest grill in history
>>
>>378978894
Decent, way too overhyped.
Pretty entertaining combat for an RPG, although lacking.
Very repetitive quest structure.
Sins in overusing the Witcher sense for everything and marking everything to be found in the map, killing exploration.
Very clunky horse controls.
>>
>>378979125
spbp
>>
File: Cultured.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Cultured.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>378979531
>this

it's got it's faults but any self respecting gamer has to score it at 10/10
>>
File: blaaahaha.gif (2MB, 193x200px) Image search: [Google]
blaaahaha.gif
2MB, 193x200px
>>378983980
>talks as if he has an intelligent opinion
>cites Between Worlds as his favourite quest

unlucky senpai
>>
>>378978894
It's just another fantasy world with some grimdark shit in it and tiddies. It's defintely not a bad game but literally nothing sets it apart from shit like Skyrim or [generic fantasy RPG].

Definitely overhyped. C+ at best.
>>
>>378986821
THIS, it's the skyrim of our generation
>>
it's both
it's a good game, but I don't think it's the "best game ever"
>>
Solid 8/10 quest tracking and other casualization nonsense stopped it from being a masterpiece

Also the ending dragged on too long and I still don't feel as though the open world was 100% justified
>>
>>378988280
this, it's fun, good looking, engaging but it has flaws, so at best it's 8.5 maybe 9
>>
File: 1495537331509[2].jpg (74KB, 1083x611px) Image search: [Google]
1495537331509[2].jpg
74KB, 1083x611px
>>378978894
Best visual novel in years :^)
>>
Bought 2 and 3 on sale recently. Do I need to play the first one? Do I even need to play the 2nd? I only got it because it was 3 burgerbucks. .
>>
>>378988970
2bh skip the first one, because it has aged like milk
Witcher 2 is probably enough to help you get the gist of the story line
>>
>>378978894
Most overhyped things are "any" good as well, since any hype can rarely survive without some good parts, so your question is rather stupid.
>>
>>378988147
what short lived species are you from that 4 years between two games make a different generation?
>>
>>378978894
It's an RPG the vein of Fallout 4.
A hundred hours of watching movies with stilted dialogue and railroaded, ultimately meaningless choices with some generic copy and pasted combat sections in between to pad it out.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.