[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (177KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
177KB, 1280x720px
What went wrong in SSFV?
>>
Esports and accessibility
>>
File: everything.png (230KB, 564x333px) Image search: [Google]
everything.png
230KB, 564x333px
>>
>Game rewards suffocating offense too much
>Top tier characters have too many braindead safe pressure options
>Not enough defensive options to compensate
>Moves that cause a full second of stagger and lead into big damage are generally safe on block
>Can use said moves to fish in neutral as a result
>Neutral becomes a game of rock 'em sock 'em robots with crush counter buttons
>Unless your character's buttons are shit, in which case, you're fucked
>>
File: letöltés (3).jpg (6KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
letöltés (3).jpg
6KB, 284x177px
I'm tired of sequels of Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Injustice etc. They are all the same for the most part, a bit graph overhaul a few added combo and thats fucking it. I'm not even hyped to play tekken 7 because all the veterans know the combos already and characters in and out, why would I play....
>>
>>378977181

That is not at all how that works. You just suck. Tekken only suffered in that we got it two years too late to keep up with Koreans and Japanese.
>>
>>378977181

Sounds to me like you're just scared of taking a few Ls.
>>
They went overboard with the simplification of the gameplay to the point that no matter how much you try to develop your own style everyone will play every character the same. So what's left is a game dependent on footsies but then there's the lag, so it's more like a guessing/gambling game than anything else.

Then there's the lack of content, clipping all over the place, boring stages... Although with recent updates stages have become more dynamic like in SFIV, so that's a plus.

SFV can still be salvaged if the rumors about the Super update are true. Tons of characters people want, new criticals and balance......
>>
>>378976705
>>378976842
>>378977062
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSgA_nK_w3A
All of these anon's are right. The game has purposefully been stripped of the things that once allowed for different playstyles in Street Fighter games. Now you have to preemptively make all of your decisions and just live with it if you guessed wrong. No relying on your reactions too much, no defensive options that cover more than one offensive option from your opponent, and no ways to spends your meter to mitigate risk and reward proper resource management (this is a big problem. You have no ways to really play defensively in neutral even with full meter so you have characters like Balrog and Urien that just throw a shitton of meter away on fullscreen safe on block EX moves that can be canceled into v-trigger for shitloads of damage, stun, and corner carry).

It's a game that rewards a very specific type of player. Mostly young cunts that aren't afraid to go ham.
>>
File: Sakura upskirt.jpg (178KB, 642x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Sakura upskirt.jpg
178KB, 642x1100px
The super update is a wet dream. Its too good to be true.

I miss her
>>
>>378981338
new characters and critical arts aren't going to make the game any deeper, and they are probably going to homogenize them to the point where they barely resemble their old counterparts. Sagat is especially going to get the SFV treatment. He'll probably only have one tigershot height and get some faggot tiger knee divekick that can be canceled into his v-trigger or some shit. That's what the SFV audience wants.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.