[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gothic thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

Just beat Gothic 1. I love how in the start of the game you can barely take out a group of scavangers and then by the end you're practically a demi-god. I also love how you can beat people up without killing them and loot everything they have.

How's Gothic 2? Is there any connection between the two games story wise?
>>
Gothic 2 continues the story with most Gothic 1 characters making a comeback. Also, you get to revisit the colony. If you thought G1 start was tough, lube your butthole beforehand
>>
>>378974672
gothic 2 is great if you liked the first one
>>
Gothic 2 is MUCH better than Gothic 1

make sure to install DX11 mod
>>
>>378974672
I have gothic 2 and shit doesnt even run with the 1920 x 1080 mod
>>
>>378977323
install systempack and the patch
>>
>>378977523
shits in german and ruski yo
>>
>>378977523
>>378977618
and windows keeps detecting a virus noice game
>>
>>378974672
important tips for playing NoTR

>save all dragon roots, kings sorrels and goblin berries because they're rare plants that are used for brewing permanent STR/DEX potions
>start NoTR during Act 2 and after you've finished it you will have an easier time in the Valley of Mines later on.
>Learn sneaking, sneak into people's houses and steal all silver chalices and other silver stuff, then if you decide to spare Halvor after the thieves guild quest you can sell them to him for lots of money
>min max
>>
>>378977618
if you downloaded it from worldofgothic then it's not a virus.

Did you install the systempack?
>>
>min max
>wasting precious LP on sneaking instead of just walking sideways
>>
>>378978260
>breaking the game
>>
>>378978260
>>378977903
>>
>>378978350
that's hardly breaking the game my good man
>>
I just got this game.
Is the map something you unlock? I'm pressing M and nothing comes up
also the combat controls are kinda weird but i'm liking the music and voice acting i'm sure the story is pretty good but I've only played for an hour or so
>>
>>378978868
>I'm pressing M and nothing comes up
You actually need to own the map first dumbass
>>
>>378974672
>Is there any connection between the two games story wise?

It picks up exactly where the first game left off, only 30 days pass between the two. Basically all storylines that never got resolved continue only to never get satisfyingly resolved either because Gothic 3 happened and fucked it up.

So anyway, enjoy the ride.
>>
>>378974801
Neato.

>>378977903
So NoTR is an expansion of the base game, not a seperate campaign or something. Got you.

Sneaking actually important or is it like in Gothic 1 where you can do whatever you want as long as their backs turned to you? I didn't waste points on sneaking.
>>
Don't play NOTR at first. Ignore the git gud retards ITT who will say otherwise, it's too hard and punishing for someone who doesn't already know what to do and you'll find yourself halfway through the game incapable of progressing because you fucked up the character or didn't do the quests right.
>>
>>378979297
>So NoTR is an expansion of the base game, not a seperate campaign or something
It's both. NOTR reworks the balance (read: makes it assrapingly hard) and adds a separate content location which is optional.
>>
Gothic 2 is even better

Gothic 3 is also great, regardless of all shit it received.
>>
>>378979439
Come on, that's fucking bullshit. You can completely kill everything on the main map even in chapter one before you could even begin to min-max in earnest, and the challenge level never really gets higher. Sure, the dragons can be a bitch, but the dragons being a bitch has more to do with the builds (meaning faction alignment) themselves, not how min-maxed they are. And it's impossible to hit a wall, because no matter what, you can always resort to summon and transformation scrolls that trivialize combat.
>>
>>378979297
Gothic 2 with NOTR is much harder than normal gothic 2
>>
Gothic 2 Pirate camp has the chillest atmosphere and music in the series. Literal comfy zone.
>>
>>378980046
Think of it this way: someone who likes G2 is more than likely to play it at least twice. The game has enough content and variety to warrant at least two playthroughs. There's no reason to handicap yourself the first time through, and Jarkhendar serves as a good incentive for repeat play too.
>>
>>378981402
What kind of replay value does it have? Actual branching quests or just "it's so good you'll want to play it twice :^)"?
>>
>>378981402
But not back to back. Let's be honest here, if he is interested in the story he is more likely to immediately continue with Gothic 3, not replay 2.
>>
>>378979678
>separate content location which is optional.
It isn't.
>>
>>378981695
Isn't Gothic 3 shit?
>>
>>378981618
Most quests can be done in several different ways, and you're choosing to join one of the three different faction, each with unique quest lines.
>>
>>378981402
Don't listen to this cuck

Do NoTR, it's better if you're new to it and don't know what to do.

I played Gothic 2 NoTR for the first time last year and was able to finish NoTR, it was hard but doable
>>
>>378981618
Not really branching quests, but Gothic 2 handled factions slightly better than the first game, they no longer cease to matter the second you joined them. So they all get exclusive quests and stuff like that. But I wouldn't say it's a game you'll want to replay the second you finished it. In a year or two, sure. But it's possible that you won't even like some of the factions enough to want to play through the game with them.
>>
>>378981802
It is, but if you care even a little about the story and the characters, when you finish Gothic 2 for the first time you WILL try to convince yourself that it can't possibly be that bad.
>>
>>378982287
>It is, but if you care even a little about the story and the characters

If you care about the story and the characters then don't play Gothic 3, because the story is garbage and cringe inducing and the ending is mass effect 3 tier
>>
>>378982617
Not playing it is the best course of action, but it's easier said than done when you finish an amazing game that ends on a cliffhanger.
>>
spoiler: everybody in Khorinis ends up dead or enslaved
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.