[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LMAO That voice acting. How bad will this fail?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

>tfw I already preordered this steaming pile of shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwz916YdnMg
>>
>small company localizes a niche game that will surely have poor sales
>they do this because they love these games and want as many people to be able to enjoy them
>"WUAAAH THIS DUB IS BAD LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE"
>years pass by
>"WUAAAH WHY THEY NEVER LOCALIZE THESE NICHE GAMES? PUBLISHERS ONLY CARE ABOUT THE CALL OF DUTY AUDIENCE"

I swear there's not a fanbase more annoying than weebs, holy shit.
>>
>>378963123
Most weebs don't get anally ravaged by a bad dub. After listening to truly bad ones like D.N.Angel or most of the ones on netflix, I just hope for it to not be murder on my ears anymore.

It's nomies that bitch the most.
>>
>>378963123
They could just not dub it and focus on making the subtitles correct.
>>
>>378963123
is it really hard to find talented amateurs to do the dubs?
>>
>>378963808
You know this isn't going to ship with JPN voices right? It's dub only.
>>
>>378963927
I know that in this case, I was suggesting a solution to the poster's greentext story.
>>
Ok but is the game any fun?
>>
>Tried. Were willing to pay the crazy license fees, but we didn't have source for this project so it couldn't be done.
You had one job.
>>
Dubs are cheaper to make and legitimately generate a good amount of sales. Meanwhile subtitles have significant licensing fees and rarely ever end up paying off unless the game itself is relatively well-known.
Summoner Night 6 is on the niche side.

Gaijinworks are still shit though.
>>
>>378964324
it's a cross between a visual novel and SRPG, so if you like those then go for it.

it's "weeabshit" as far /v/ would call it.
>>
>>378962448
Their localisation of Summon Night 5 completely rewrote some character personalities and dialogue too.
>>
>>378963123
>they do this because they love these games and want as many people to be able to enjoy them

If they did, they wouldn't claim Lost Borders is a good starting point because it's absolutely not. The entire point of the the title is fanservice for long time fans.
>>
File: 1451164411717.jpg (66KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
1451164411717.jpg
66KB, 500x434px
>Not enjoying the dub for its shitiness

I rather have a laughable bad dub than a boring average one.
>>
Is it too much to ask for a hd sprite based swordcraft story sequel?
>>
>>378964745
well they really had no other choice, the earlier entries are still japan-only so you really can't recommend that.

>inb4 Swordcraft Story and the sole DS entry
these are spin-offs and the gameplay is different from the mainline entries.
>>
I didn't even know there were any besides 1, 2, and the ds one. Are the other ones any good?
>>
>>378965140
There are a ton. There are 6 mainline games, and then the spin-offs: 3 Swordcaft Story games on GBA, and the 2 DS games.
>>
>>378962448
Looks like they wanted the Chaos Wars audience.
>>
File: 9EBRiMX.png (170KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
9EBRiMX.png
170KB, 500x374px
not all bad dubs are "bad"

some actually make it better (pic related)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs
>>
>>378962448
>That fucking translation

Jesus, it's painful to read.
>>
>>378963909
According to America its harder than not finding a fast food joint. With the constant "stikes", the VA's being underpaid, most of the not giving a shit and just seeing it as another paycheck, and also a lot of the time bad direction, it's almost a wonder the American guild hasn't crashed on itself. If I made a dubbing studio, I'd seek for European voice actors since they on average put in a lot more effort than their American counterparts
>>
>>378962448
Swordcraft story is the only summon night game worth playing
>>
File: original.jpg (201KB, 1642x796px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
201KB, 1642x796px
>>378962448
>Want to support niche JRPG localisations
>Gaijinworks fucks up all their stuff hard
>Completely destroyed Class of Heroes 2 with an awful localisation
>Summon Night 5's MEGAMEME translation which SM6 seems to have too
>>
>>378964815
The problem is that this isn't even shitty enough to be funny.
There are worse "so bad it's good" dubs out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtC1SzWSXg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIVH2m9cP6k
>>
>>378965713
Tears X Crown was decent, shame it wasn't localized despite being another spin-off
>>
>>378962448
How MEMEtastic will this translation be? Gaijin Works never fails to deliver.
>>
>>378962448
Mmmm that is some grade A terrible delivery. It reminds me of toddler cartoons.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.