[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Gothic II as good as I've heard you nerds say it is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 1

File: gothic.jpg (61KB, 901x207px) Image search: [Google]
gothic.jpg
61KB, 901x207px
Is Gothic II as good as I've heard you nerds say it is?
>>
i bought the trilogy im liking 1 the controls are kinda strange but im actually starting to enjoy them.
>>
Yes you greasy wop piece of shit
>>
>>378951363
I dunno my man, you guys kept telling me Icewind Dale was amazing but I couldn't handle how ass the gameplay is.
I'd rather just actually play D&D.
>>
I only have enough time to play 1 more game, which should it be:
Witcher 1
Gothic II
Or
Morrowind?
>>
>>378951519
Fuck you, piece of shit, Icewind Dale is great? What the fuck is wrong with you, never should have left backward ass Sicily, fucking grease sucker.
>>
>>378951674
anon are you... okay...

did the italians do something to you?
>>
>>378951043
Just play it. I assume you are a faggot and haven't played the first one, so play G2 until Khorinis, or maybe even further, like 2-3 hours, and decide for yourself.
>>
>>378951043
>you nerds
It's literally one autistic nerd who's memeing this anon.
but yeah Gothic isn't bad
>>
>>378951043
No. Have you even seen the Gothic threads around here? Nobody ever discusses the lore, characters, quests ie the actual content of the game. And if they do, the thread won't even reach 50 replies before archiving. Why? Because all Gothic games are completely forgettable and unremarkable experiences so there's nothing to discuss. They're the very definition of mediocre. You can see how actually good games like Kotor 2, Fallout NV or VTMB get consistently threads that go to the bump limit, because there's actually good content to discuss about.

So no, it's not as good as couple of autists that force the game here say it is.
>>
>>378952450
This. You're gonna fall for a meme OP. The only redeemable quality of it, is its "openess". The rest is vastly outdated.
>>
>>378951525
Witcher 1 is the best of those three.
>>
>>378952483
> Have you even seen the Gothic threads around here? Nobody ever discusses the lore, characters, quests ie the actual content of the game. And if they do, the thread won't even reach 50 replies before archiving. Why?
Because people are here only to shitpost, not to talk about good games
>>
>>378952638
this
besides, I've discussed everything there was by, like, 2004
here people just bitch about controls and graphics, throw in some "muh Dark Souls" and overall console-focused audience of /v/ and you get what you get
>>
>>378951674
>Icewind Dale is great?
dunno, why are you asking
>>
>>378952638
>S-Shut up! It's a g-g-good game. people just shitpost in here, that's why literally nobody discusses about it!

Keep being delusional though.
>>
Isn't the Steam version completely broken with the GOG version being the preferred release?
>>
>>378953221
What's wrong with the Steam release?
>>
>>378953407
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I've heard it's busted somehow. Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.
>>
>>378951043
yes it is

>huge world to explore full of carefully crafted locations, quest, items, enemis
>satisfying combat with great animations for the time, which change every time you level up your combat ability unlocking new combos
>good magic system where you end up being a god by the end of the game but start fairly weak
>archery is shit
>interesting quests and main plot
>NPCs with their own daily routine and unique name which makes the city feel alive
>unforgiving difficulty that doesn't hold you by hand and expect to learn from errors and use all your resources to achieve victory
>great voice acting
>3 different factions to join, with some big changes along the path (although there the ending is the same for all 3)
>attention to small details and roleplay interaction (for example, if you are a Mage, every Paladin NPCs become your bitches and in almost every interaction they treat you with respect and comply to everything you ask)
>>
>>378952552
>yeah and witcher 3 is the best game ever made and if you disagree your probably gay or stupid and gay

Alright anon
>>
>>378954007
epic, simply epic.

gothicfags is the most insufferable "fanbase" on /v/.
>>
>>378954007
but it is though
>>
>>378952552
it's the most memorable but it's a pretty shit game on its own
>>
Even for me a Gothic lover who finished all games, i can sense that you are unironically shilling this game.

Why though? Pirahna will never ever make something on par with Gothic 2, so boosting their sales aint gonna do shit, unless you are one of the developers and want more money so you don't go bancrupt if/when Elex fails as Risen 2/3 did.
>>
>>378951525
if you care about creating your own character and can ignore shitty combat, morrowind
if not, gothic 2
never played witcher 1
>>
>>378951525
you cant go wrong with any of those famalam
>>
>>378951525
All of them +Gothic 1.

Nigga they are all blast.
>>
Do I need to play Gothic1 to play Gothic 2?
>>
>>378957585
gothic 1 is a really good game and i dont see why you would not play it if you intend to play gothic 2
>>
>>378959187
Well I mean guess.
But what about the story. Is gothic 1 story needed for 2?
>>
>>378957585
you'll miss a shitload of minor references, but the main plot is rather self contained
>>
>>378952638
Not with that mentality they won't.
That mindset killed this board more than reddit horde ever did.
>>
>Enter Gothic thread
>Its full of hostile Europeans
Everytime
>>
>>378960823
Powiedz no, czy to coś z przodu twojej głowy to twarz, czy dupa?
>>
It's the best rpg ever
>>
>>378951043
Picture Witcher with even worst combat and you got Gothic franchise.
>>
>>378961616
picture a retarded shitposter and you got this post
>>
>>378961532
Said no one ever.
>>
>>378962064
mad witchercuck detected

it hurts doesn't it
>>
The world, quests, dialogue and stuff is top notch but if you're accustomed to modern day games then you'll certainly miss a lot of quality of life improvements that modern games got. Also the balancing makes very little sense, especially when you have the expansion pack installed so better get used to alot of cheap deaths in the beginning.
>>
>>378962170
Witcher 3 being loved by both critics and players alike, talked about regularly while Gothic fades more and more into obscurity with each passing day?

Yup, it hurts.
>>
>>378962464
>critics
top kek

You know what else is loved by the critics and players? Call of Duty and Skyrim

also Gothic is 15 years old
>>
>>378951043
Yes, the whole trilogy (with the 2 expansions of course) is more than worthy. Just do not forget to get the community patch for the 3rd game, it was shit at launch day.
>>
>>378962606
Deus ex is 17 years old and it still talked about to this very day, probably because it's an actually good game, unlike Gothic.
>>
>>378962696
>Deus ex is 17 years old and it still talked about to this very day

so is gothic
>>
>>378962745
>so is gothic
Yeah right.

average gothic threads

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/377820096/#q377820096

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/377757810/#q377757810
>>
>>378963763
average deus ex threads

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/373534291/#373534291

>>378157146

Average Gothic threads

>>378879084
>>
>>378964073
>the only way a gothic thread gets replies if the OP has a ridiculous claim or some other form of bait

Sad.
>>
>>378964223
>cherrypicking threads

the finest form of BTFO
>>
>>378951043
nah, just play the first one you ain't missing out shit in the second one
>>
>knock somebody out
>wait till he gets up
>kill him using crossbow/bow
double exp
http://webm.land/w/T0i3/
>>
>>378964223
here's another cherrypick for you

https://yuki.la/v/329226943
>>
the hardest part about the game is trying to make it run on modern systems
>>
>>378964619
>over a year ago

Lmao.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.