[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games that deserved to flop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1470320400538.png (1MB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1470320400538.png
1MB, 833x1000px
>>
games that deserve to flop never do
>>
File: 00000000.jpg (22KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
00000000.jpg
22KB, 720x540px
Don't know if it counts but there's no way Rap Rabbit is going to meet its kickstarter goal
>>
>>378947640
Mighty Blunder 9
No Man's Buy
>>
How did Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival do?
>>
>>378947786
Did they actually flop though? Thought a bunch of people pre-ordered them. Same shit with yooka laylee
>>
Battleborn. Its so fucking unlikable and try hard, the characters look ugly and nobody you would want to play as, I'm glad it bombed.
>>
>>378947830
Very poorly. It was just a quick dev time game thats only purpose was to give the amiibos some sort of use until they could finish the update for New Leaf.
>>
File: star fox zero copies sold.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
star fox zero copies sold.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>fans didn't like it
>new people turned off
>Sakurai and Aonuma constantly rubbing in how their games don't shoehorn motion controls simply because they have the option to put them in
>Miyamoto damage control
Makes me laugh every time.
>>
>>378948223
Is Miyamoto the George Lucas of Nintendo?
>>
>>378947830
Critically panned, bombed in terms of sales, now all AC amiibo cost less than regular amiibo
>>
File: ##.jpg (30KB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
##.jpg
30KB, 300x259px
>>378948223
does star fox every actually fucking change
all the gameplay I've seen is always fighting star wolf and the final boss being andross
>>
>>378947776
>Look at their Kickstarter
>Only £126,000 out of £800,000
>Their 'gameplay reveal' is next week instead of when they started the Kickstarter like it should have been
Jesus. They better hope Sony gives them a nice spotlight at E3.
>>
>>378948385
Not really. Shiggy made a huge deal about how this new entry would reveal more about Pepper and Andross' backstories, delve into a story about wormhole traveling.

And it was just a third re-imagining. With worse controls and less content.
>>
>>378948573
It reminds me of Red Ash's kickstarter and how no one learned from it. Way before then it was expected to now have prototypes to show you can deliver.
>>
>>378948385
>all the gameplay I've seen is always fighting star >wolf and the final boss being andross

Kinda like how mario always fights bowser, link always fights gannon and sonic always fights eggman, right?
>>
>>378948851
those games actually bring new fun shit to the table (or try, in sonic's case)
>>
>>378948839
Hopefully this will teach people. They've already had a lot of the major viyda news site write about them. Their comment is hilarious though
>"Gameplay is key to the campaign (and is, of course, part of what will set Project Rap Rabbit apart from other campaigns that only relied on concept artwork)"
>The 'key to the campaign' is happening more than halfway in and all they have right now is concept artwork
>>
>>378947565
is one thread not enough for you?
>>
>>378948385
>Star Fox
>2 gets cancelled, actually introduced a ton of shit
>64 is a reboot, but a good one
>Not-Zelda
>Assault was developed as a multiplayer game first and it shows
>Command goes full retard with the story
>Zero is another reboot but it doesn't improve on anything
>literally just takes a bunch of shit from Star Fox 2 and 64
>same fucking locations
>same fucking characters
>almost the exact same fucking dialogue sometimes too
>no multiplayer mode
>the tower defense shit with Slippy is standalone
I just don't fucking get it.
>>
>>378948324
Yes.
He's holding them back something fierce.

The problem is much the same of Lucas too - even though he's clearly bad for the brand - who do you give control to that won't turn out to be 'Disney'?
>>
>>378947786
No Man's Sky was a huge success from the financial standpoint, it sold well.
>>
>>378948324
>admitted Super Mario Odyssey made him feel uneasy because it's all the young members trying something new with Mario
yes
>>
>>378948948
>those games actually bring new fun shit to the table
The last starfox had mechs and a helicopter with puzzle elements and shit. The real problem is that flight games of any sort are niche now and the a lot of of people find arcadey auto-scrollers dated and simplistic, while 3d platformers still have a decent audience.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.