[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Console players can't aim

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 1496464300278.jpg (84KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1496464300278.jpg
84KB, 900x900px
>Console players can't aim
>>
They have a massive disadvantage because they're using controllers
>>
>>378947582
>implying
https://youtu.be/V9lMPZcrzUI
You just have to get used to it,that's it
>>
Yare yare..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJN1VvfHO4M
>>
>>378947740
Dafuq kid
>>
>>378947718
is this bait?
>>
>>378947740

Both of these people are fucking garbage.
>>
>>378947718
If you think that is supposed to be impressive, ur a faggot
>>
>>378947718
kek
>>
File: Rance.jpg (19KB, 165x197px) Image search: [Google]
Rance.jpg
19KB, 165x197px
>>378947547
If you can't use KB+M and Controller on the fly. Then you are registered as a retard. There is no excuse YOU, a human can't adapt to the circumstances that are present. Go ahead try to deny it.
>>
File: 1473159314884.png (94KB, 213x312px) Image search: [Google]
1473159314884.png
94KB, 213x312px
>378947718
>mashes R2
>can aim
Im taking away an > as you don't even deserve a (you) for that shit
>>
>>378949223
>>378949383
>>378949420
No ,this one is
https://youtu.be/OsY-poUX3UA
>>
File: 1485242049842.jpg (121KB, 1012x1429px) Image search: [Google]
1485242049842.jpg
121KB, 1012x1429px
>>378947718
no they're inherently flawed because a stick is relative compared to a mouse which is absolute.
When you aim with a stick you are not simply aiming, you're directing the crosshair in the direction you want it to move.
Then it moves at its maximum speed in that direction.
No matter how fast your thumb is, you can't do a large movement to move your aim further like you can with a large deskspace.
But what's more you have to also take action in order to stop your crosshair from moving.
You need to release the stick in order for the spinning to cease, where as with a mouse as long as your hand stops moving, so does the crosshair.
This makes aiming with a controller like operating a claw machine, you need to start and then stop over your target before you pass over it completely.
This is why auto-aim and bullet magnetism exists.

There's no doubt you can simply be good and play great despite using a controller, heck people beat games using drum sets and even bananas that are wired up, but you cannot pretend an analog stick is in any way as accurate as a mouse for aiming.
>>
>>378949926
>implying your not a faggot
>>
File: 1484123681313.png (1MB, 1065x791px) Image search: [Google]
1484123681313.png
1MB, 1065x791px
>>378950210
oh yeah, shit.
>>
>>378949623
I play FPS a lot on consoles but this is disgusting
>>
>>378949926
>release the stick in order for the spinning to cease
>with a mouse as long as your hand stops moving
I cam see where you are getting that idea butit also seems like you have never played with a controller before.
I don't release the stick on a controller, yes it naturally snaps back to it's default centre position, but there is never an issue as the thumbs are much more dexterous than the entire arm.

The only real benefit a mouse has over a controller is it is able to be used for micro movements, twitch aiming for example
Which would be possible, probably even better, with a controller, if the games software ever let it.
They gimp all controller options in controller settings, like sensitivity.
If I could do a 360 spin with just a slight nudge with my thumb, I would practise with that, to get rid of existing controller sensitivity in my muscle memory and then say goodbye to kb&m in fps games.
Only thing a kb&m setup would have over a controller then would be more buttons
>>
>>378950263
you dropped something
>>
>>378950346
>you have never played with a controller before.
I have, my friends back in highschool were massive Halofags so I had to play with a controller.
>Which would be possible, probably even better, with a controller, if the games software ever let it.
it's not.
they've tested it many times across lots of developers.
You take off the auto-aim and consolefags can't keep up.
That's why crossplay is so damn rare for FPS.
In fact Blizzard had to balance Overwatch differently on consoles, Torbjorn was more powerful on consoles because players had worse aim and his turrets tore them up.

Giving players sensitivity options does not fix the problem, because now you're spinning way to fast.
A thumbstick has much less physical space to allow for the range of movement you want, which is also why a lot of third person shooters need quick turn.
>>
>>378950589
>You take off the auto-aim and consolefags can't keep up.
I turn off aim asist in all games I play and I do fine.
In all fairness im not a newfag to gaming I was playing with joysticks and keyboards as a kid, console controllers came after.
Admittedly there is a difference in the quality, more importantly precision a mouse has over a controller, but again they gimp the controllers options. Like not alloying for an uncapped sensitivity.
Some games even have forced auto aim/ snap to aim on console that you cant turn off (wolfenstein TNO, was terrible)
Last time I played a multiplayer fps game on PC with a controller was BF4 and It was fine. At one point I was using a controller for FPS and kb&m for vehicles, but it was getting out of hand so I just went back to kb&m for everything.

for me I prefer playing FPS with a controller. kb&m is only for RTS for me.
On PC I play all single player FPS with a controller, but MP games with kb&m
>>
>>378947582
Except for the switch. The wagglan aiming on the Switch is boss.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.