[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gothic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Gothic.jpg (156KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Gothic.jpg
156KB, 1280x1024px
Going into the Gothic Trilogy completely blind with no knowledge of the gameplay or story
How do you think it's going to go, /v/?
>>
>>378945483
G1 is dated

2 is perfect and the best RPG ever

3 is flawed and too ambitious
>>
>trilogy
But they never made the third one, anon
>>
File: 1495801353959.jpg (106KB, 720x762px) Image search: [Google]
1495801353959.jpg
106KB, 720x762px
gothic is german trash
>>
Correct order of playing:
Gothic 2 > Gothic 1 > Gothic 2:NOTR > Risen
>>
>>378945701
stupid
>>
Play G1, then G2 with NotR installed. There will be a massive difficulty spike in 2 because of the addon, but that's intentional.

G1 is dated but it's perfectly similar and practically exactly the same as G2 in terms of engine and core gameplay, 2 just has some quality of life improvements.

Re-bind the controls in 1 to WSAD and spend fifteen minutes figuring out how to play so that you won't rage quit like most retards who dislike the series. You can climb the cliff above the closed mountain in the starting area. New Camp is the best, but Old Camp is a good alternative. If you tell someone to show you the way to another camp, you'll get the experience for the mobs that they'll kill.

Don't try to be good at everything, you either commit to strength and swords or bows and dexterity. There's also magic but it's not recommended for the first playthrough. It's also OP after some time.

Getting to be proficient at handling 1handed or 2handed swords should be your priority, the character swings the weapon like a fucking retard at the beginning because he has no training. The animations change into faster and more fluid ones after you do.

That's kind of it in a nutshell, Gothic is like the anti-thesis of everything that makes Bethesda's games shitty. Enjoy.
>>
>>378945552
>G1 is OK
>G2 is literally get gud with ravens night add on
>G3 is fundamentally broken on every level

fify
>>
>>378945483
You're in for some shitty combat, that's for sure.
>>
>>378946212
>Soulscuck cannot imagine a game without rolls and dashes
>>
>>378946212
Meme, the combat is not bad. It can be abused to shitfuck and back, but it's nowhere near bad.

The animals have to be dodged or interrupted at the right time if you don't want them to bite you, the humans and sword-wielding enemies have to either also be dodged or (most of the time) blocked.

There are some small exceptions like the orcs or whatever but if you stick to the above philosophy you'll have no problems with the game. This is something that people back in the day learned by themselves, but casual children on /v/ like you have to be told it.
>>
>>378946320
>Implying souls is good.
nice try McCuckin, enjoy your shit combat
>>
>>378945483
>How do you think it's going to go, /v/?

you'll drop out after getting fucked by the first shitty molerat or scavenger you find and whine about clunky combat
>>
Once you get inside the camp, talk to the guy named Mud, he's gonna be your best friend
>>
>>378946526
*raises paw*
What could be an example for a good combat in rpg?
>>
>>378945483
Play risen 1 as well. It is worth playing.

Dont touch risen 2 or 3 thought. It's trash.
>>
>>378947125
gothic 2. it's all about learning the patterns for each individual enemy and has the perfect balance of skill and stat influence
>>
Is Dark Messiah worth pirating?
>>
>>378947125
nothing. there is literally none.
>>
>>378945558
this
>>
>>378948101
no
BUY it you faggot
>>
>>378948842
why would I do that if I can just pirate it?
>>
>>378945558
Pretty much this. Gothic 3 is not canon as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>378947125
ddda
>>
>>378948972
It might as well not be considering how much it raped the little lore and story the first two games established.
>>
File: Arcania_Gothic_4_Game_Cover.jpg (31KB, 273x386px) Image search: [Google]
Arcania_Gothic_4_Game_Cover.jpg
31KB, 273x386px
>>378945558
You are right, it's not a trilogy. It's a tetralogy, don't forget Gotic 4 :^)
>>
i bought it too should u use alternative or standard controls

im using some dx11 thing with widescreen support.
>>
>>378945483
Gothic 1 has nice settings and story but it's rather small. You'll finish most of the quests in act 1 and 2 and then it's just the main quest which will take you all over the island.

Gothic 2 with NotR is great even though difficult.

Gothic 3 with Community patch is playable but eventually boring and badly designed. You'll be eventually forced to commit mass slaughter (same thing happened in G1, I know, but not on that scale) and abuse the fuck out of the fact your enemies can't jump.
>>
>Play gothic
>some fucking retard keeps following me and never shuts the fuck up.
>quit game and never played it again.
>>
File: Arisa.jpg (895KB, 2084x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Arisa.jpg
895KB, 2084x2500px
>>378945483
I thought Risen was fun. Why does everyone hate it?
Like i get why people hate the second one, but the first and third is fun.
>>
File: shrine_triptych.jpg (389KB, 1630x750px) Image search: [Google]
shrine_triptych.jpg
389KB, 1630x750px
>>378945923
this
gothic and gothic 2 + NotR are essential comfy rpgs. the story might not be something special, but the characters, quests and level design makes up for it.
>>
When you get to Gothic 2 make sure to play it WITHOUT Night of the Raven.
Even though it adds new content, the difficulty spike would be too great for a first time player. Chances are, you'd either have to follow guides to powerlevel or just drop it.
>>
>>378945483
Don´t give up on Gothic 1. I know it´s tempting, but stick with it and you´ll enjoy the hell out of it.
>>
>>378945483
I was on the same boat about three months ago anon, I bought the three games on Steam put a few recomended mods on the first game and took it for a sping. Saddly I got pretty bored with the setting, the characters and the whole view of the game looks rather ugly but does give you that comfy feel.

I stopped playing because i just got so bored and this idiot following me around, talked to that guy that sells you weed and I practiced combat whenever I could.

I've been thinking about booting it up again I kind of want to play around for a bit maybe get somewhere in the story, my advice to you OP is to not let it go to hell you'll want to come back and play some more even if it takes some time, its just one of those games I guess.
>>
>>378950836
>the difficulty spike would be too great for a first time player

Just let him play Gothic1 first. G2 without the add-on is way too easy.
>>
Pro-tip: If you are playing as a mage, once you start encountering Seekers, buy or learn the Ice Block spell and finish off one of the Seekers with it. He'll keep standing and you can take his runes and save a lot of LPs you would have to spend otherwise.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.