[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /v/ have this weird vendetta against Sony? For example

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 16

File: 1496338360640.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496338360640.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
Why does /v/ have this weird vendetta against Sony?
For example when they started charging for online there were thousands of threads condemning it but now that Nintendo announces that they're charging for online I haven't seen a single thread.

Or when the Vita was out getting game people whined about them being ports, but now that the Switch gets nothing but ports, ports are suddenly okay if they're portable.

Even now there's a thread with some autist crying Crash Banicoot is 30fps but I've never seen anyone get upset that Zelda is in that same framerate, there are many other examples of this for example from our very own mods who will leave anti Sony threads up for hours but shut down anything mildly insulting Nintendo or PC almost immediately.

Just watch for the comments in this thread and you'll see the hypocrisy I'm talking about.
>>
>>378942961
It's just loud Xbros and Nintenfags. Sony has created the best consoles in the past 2 generations.
>>
>>378942961
>Why does /v/ have this weird vendetta against Sony?
Because the fanbase is fucking annoying
>>
>>378943047
You're all fucking annoying
>>
File: top 5 games.png (124KB, 2274x800px) Image search: [Google]
top 5 games.png
124KB, 2274x800px
>>378943036
PS3 wasn't even the best selling console in its gen and it was 99% multiplats, PS4 is only "winning" in the sense that EU only wants to play FIFA on playstation
>>
>>378942961
superiority breeds jealousy
>>
/v/ anal as fuck sony been dominating the console and handheld market for years
>>
>>378942961
/v/ is a Nintendo board
>>
>>378943161
>and handheld market
Sony dominated the handheld market so hard that they didn't even have to support their second device a year after release
>>
>>378943036
>>378943140
>>378943161
this
>>378943071
>its only bad when the other guys act like autistic spergs, when we do it its perfectly fine
>>
>>378943195

Quality handheld and better games than 3DShit

Thank you based Sony
>>
File: 1485560129261.png (32KB, 791x769px) Image search: [Google]
1485560129261.png
32KB, 791x769px
fuck off with your consolewars
>>
Nintendo fanboys are really fucking weird people, they are some the most brand loyal motherfuckers out there.

I remember when Nintendo fanboys refused to buy a PS3 to play Grace F despite it being the superior version.
>>
>>378942961
This place is Nintend**ne central. Nintendr**es are like Apple fanboys and the two companies share more than just a few parallels.
>>
because they have Miku and Persona
Exclusives are retarted
>>
>>378942961
dumb ratposter
>>
File: 1484076311874.png (56KB, 633x874px) Image search: [Google]
1484076311874.png
56KB, 633x874px
>>378943351
>Exclusives are retarted

Learn to spell.
>>
/v/ should be renamed to NintenPCgaf
>>
>>378942961
>I haven't seen a single thread.

I saw numerous when they announced it, but many were defending the practice.
>>
>>378942961
>but now that the Switch gets nothing but ports,
Are you referring to MonHun? Because everybody knows you get ports first because they're fast plus it nets companies easy money. Plus, Switch had one of the best games of all time as a launch game. What the fuck does the PS4 or Vita have to this day still? Fucking nothing
>>
>>378943430
The world would be a better place without consoles exception being handheld
>>
>>378942961
Because Sony never released the tv cable for the Vita.
>>
>>378943174
If /v/ is a Nintendo board, why am swamped with people calling me retarded for even implying I have a switch?
>>
>>378943653

>Breath of the Wild
>Good

OOT was the only good Zelda game, the rest of the series are just rehashes, and BoTW is just a skyrim clone so nintenbros are drooling all over it.
>>
Jealously.

Can't wait for the PSP3 and Bloodborne 2 to be announced at E3, my god the tears will be delicious.
>>
File: 1492609755065.jpg (926KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1492609755065.jpg
926KB, 2000x2000px
>>378943690
Whatever you say, the death of consoles means the death of gaming, enjoy endless kickstarters to fund all those steam sale and pirated games when the industry dies.
>>
>>378943824
Is psp3 coming out tho?
>>
Dose anyone actually have a serious answer? I don't mean to sound fanboyish but I don't think Sony has actually ever done something so reprehensible to warrant they hate they get. They have always offered (bar PS3,Vita) reasonably prices consoles and aside from that criteria, offered platforms that have always had a ton of worthwhile games to play. What makes someone so mad about that I don't even understand.
>>
File: 1494676331237.jpg (308KB, 1276x542px) Image search: [Google]
1494676331237.jpg
308KB, 1276x542px
>>378944087
People who play video games and unreasonable. spoilt and entitled there is not a single more 1st world problem then crying about 1080p instead of 4k.

Watch people try to jump on me for this post filled with nothing but truth.
>>
File: 1496279164592.jpg (54KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
1496279164592.jpg
54KB, 500x425px
>>378944087
>always had a ton of worthwhile games to play
>>
>>378942961
Fuck off you Neofag, people on here don't shit on Sony anymore than any other console.
>>
>>378944087
>Dose anyone actually have a serious answer
The PS1/PS2 were amazing because the gaming industry was pumping out amazing games.
The PS3/PS4 were/are mediocre because the gaming industry is pumping out mediocre games.
The reason why /v/ is so vocal is because Sonyfans have been consistently the worst, most shitposting, faction on /v/.
>>
Because of shitposters like this.

>>378943245

There was a point in time when sonyfags would blast xbots because of paid online. Then they switched their stance when Sony started charging for online for a system consisting of multiplats.

No real Nintendo fan actually agrees with paid online or is excited by the switch. Most are happy to sit back with their 3ds or wii u.
>>
>>378944484
>The PS3/PS4 were/are mediocre because the gaming industry is pumping out mediocre games.

How long PC gamer?
>>
Every fanboy accuses the other fanboys of being the bigger shitposters. You're all idiots.
>>
File: 1483341495532.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1483341495532.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>378942961
>Why does /v/ have this weird vendetta against Sony?
>>
>>378944087
Sony is evil incarnate in gaming, everything bad can be traced to them whereas you can see Nintendo and MS actually love and care about gaming and do their best to innovate and improve gaming as a whole.
>>
>>378942961
Because Sony has been dominating the industry since PS1 came out.
>>
>>378942961
whoever does thing first gets all the blame. by the time everyone else copies them, because 'invisible hand of the free market', less people have any fucks to give since they already shitposted about it months prior and would rather some new topic
>>
File: CpNCaCxXEAAq6-a.jpg (106KB, 504x600px) Image search: [Google]
CpNCaCxXEAAq6-a.jpg
106KB, 504x600px
>>378944597
>No real Nintendo fan actually agrees with paid online
No real Sony fans actually agrees with paid online
>>
>>378943653
>Switch had one of the best games of all time as a launch game
That's a port.
>>
File: Nintendo fags then.png (3MB, 2424x1916px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo fags then.png
3MB, 2424x1916px
>>378942961
Just ignore them, Nintendo fans act like shrill old women.
>>
>>378942961
>For example when they started charging for online there were thousands of threads condemning it but now that Nintendo announces that they're charging for online I haven't seen a single thread.
this is an out right lie and you no this op.

>Or when the Vita was out getting game people whined about them being ports, but now that the Switch gets nothing but ports, ports are suddenly okay if they're portable.
Oh you mean the games that don't count the the switch when people talk about shit for it.

>Even now there's a thread with some autist crying Crash Banicoot is 30fps but I've never seen anyone get upset that Zelda is in that same framerate, there are many other examples of this for example from our very own mods who will leave anti Sony threads up for hours but shut down anything mildly insulting Nintendo or PC almost immediately.
their has been countless thread shit talking zelda frame rate since it's release their still some now or the numerous Cemu threads talking about it
>>
>>378942961
Because Nintendo and PCfags are literal fanboying brandwhores who feel the urge suck a companies dick and shit on the competition as if they killed their fucking cat or whatever. They even send good goy cards to Gaben and Treehouse which is really fucking pathetic.
I've always had Nintendo, Sony and Sega consoles plus a PC, but I fucking hate Nintendo and PCfags for being such a cancerous fanbase full of shills.
>>
>>378946059
I like how you get totally BTFO with evidence in the post LITERALLY above you.
>>
>>378946156
Pretty much this. Brand whores are cancer. There are people right now on /v/ who will shill multi-billion dollar corporations for free.
>>
>>378946559
you mean with the same shit that sony fans where doing during the the ps3 era with xbox fans,you sonybros are the same if not worse cause you don't see your own hypocrisy.
>>
File: 1493561197270.webm (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1493561197270.webm
1MB, 720x1280px
>>378942961
>/v/ used to be a lot more balanced back in the day, each brand had a following, but PC was the most dominant and /v/ stuck to mostly obscure games and made them popular. Like Rance and Tribes, etc... We had a lot less shitposting over console wars. In fact, gaming discussion on this board was always pretty shit, it was the off topic discussion that was the best.

However, a few things happened.

For one, Reddit happened. Reddit started coming here, and taking our OC, which in turn brought MORE newfags to our board. Many of whom are spastic kids from GameFAQs and Smashboards etc...

These crowds complained about the generals, so /vg/ was made, these crowds complained about retro gaming discussion, so /vr/ was made, these crowds complained about GamerGate, so m00t put stricter more PC moderation in in place, and you had an exodus of oldfags. This in turn created a perfect environment for more tumblrinas and redditors to swarm /v/ and become the majority, as /v/ could no longer self moderate. With that in place, many of these prople applied for mod positions (like they always do) and started to abuse their power to fit their narrative. In which case, it's an intense proNintendo bias, coupled with a lot of other shit (no more off topic threads, a lot of anti/pol/ shitposting, promotion of e-celeb bullshit and Twitterposting, etc...). Thus, you're left with little to talk about, and this vaccum is filled with console war shitposting by the Reddit kids and GameFAQers. Which in twine with its large userbase now, is the perfect platform for viral marketing too. Thus, many mods are now paid off to allow or promote certain narratives on /v/, which, due to the recent launch and push for the Switch, is currently, and will remain proNintendo. All the fanboys then rejoice.

Thus, you're pretty much only left with console wars and advertising, and that's just how the mods and underage want it.

That's your answer.
>>
>>378947383
>SHUT UP SONY! LALALALALALALALALALA!!!
>>
>>378947383
When did I ever mention Sony? Two wrongs don't make a right. You're still a hypocritical retard, and deserve to be permanently banned from here.
>>
>>378944087
They didn't give enough of a fuck to encrypt their customer's sensitive information in 2011.
>>
File: gud.gif (94KB, 220x149px) Image search: [Google]
gud.gif
94KB, 220x149px
>>378942961
>When you read OP and it makes you wanna go on a weird vendetta against sony
>>
>>378942961
> but now that Nintendo announces that they're charging for online I haven't seen a single thread.
People have been complaining about this since Nintendo announced it.
>Switch gets nothing but ports, ports are suddenly okay if they're portable.
The majority of switch discussion/shitposting is about how it has no games
>Crash Banicoot is 30fps but I've never seen anyone get upset that Zelda is in that same framerate
Literally everyone was shitting on Zelda's framerate. Where have you been?

Stupid rat poster
>>
File: 1486517144375.png (220KB, 1500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486517144375.png
220KB, 1500x500px
>>378942961
Because this place is filled with drones, everything is okay when nintendo does it
Fuck Nintendo, Sony is the greatest vidya company
>PS1 was the best selling console
>PS2 was the best selling console
>PS3 was the best selling real console (The wii wasn't a real console)
>PS4 is the best selling console this gen
Sony got great exclusives and receive all multiplats, it got the greatest controller and most diverse community (people all around the world love Playstation)
>>
File: 6580978904864.jpg (223KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
6580978904864.jpg
223KB, 800x800px
>>
>>378942961
Can you please link the threads you got BTFOd from for entertainment value next time?
>>
File: exclusives.jpg (104KB, 1800x638px) Image search: [Google]
exclusives.jpg
104KB, 1800x638px
>>378942961
Fits of all that's wrong there was as much a backlash as back then for Sony. And secondly holy shit you inbred fucking shitkids with your misplaced brand loyalty are the dumbest shits on planet earth.
>>
>>378942961
>>
What the fuck did you expect from /v/ - r/pcmasterrace?
>>
>>378942961
Sony collectively ruined the industry. Movie games, popularized and cemented pay to play online (MS was first, but it became 100% okay when Sony did it), takes away features from their consoles and thinks you should thank them for it (ps3, I'm still mad at Linux). They have a rabid fanbase that has literally taken over websites and censors anything negative sony. Almost everything associated with Sony is cancer in the last 10 years. Their movie division is a pure unadulterated reflection of the cancer they are.
>>
>>378953290
>Sony collectively ruined the industry.
Stop using words you don't understand.
>Movie games, popularized and cemented pay to play online (MS was first, but it became 100% okay when Sony did it),
Don't move goalposts, if anything, it was Nintendo who cemented it by caving in. At least Sony made it so they GIVE you something in exchange for their plan, and M$ is moving toward a Netflix like service thanks to that competition from Sony, so that's a GOOD thing. If anything, competition from Sony made paid online less cancer. M$ bears the blame for integrating it though, not Sony.

>takes away features from their consoles and thinks you should thank them for it (ps3, I'm still mad at Linux).
Care to name some examples? Cause I only see this with Nintendo consoles desu, where you gotta pay for peripherals that should be built into the machine.

>They have a rabid fanbase that has literally taken over websites and censors anything negative sony.
Again, care to name some examples? Cause I've only seen antiNintendo stuff get censored on /v/. Also, all rabid fanbases are cancer, Sony, Nintendo, PC, Apple, Samsung. You are ALL cancer.

>Almost everything associated with Sony is cancer in the last 10 years. Their movie division is a pure unadulterated reflection of the cancer they are.
I only care about Sony's gaming division desu. Different industries. Their gaming division is quite good, and their continuous success is a reflection of that.
>>
>>378953290
I mean, are we gonna ignore all the sins Nintendo has committed in the industry all of the sudden? Or all the positive things Sony has done? Such as 11+ year lifespans on their consoles?

ALL corporations are liable to FUCK YOU, be it Sony, Nintendo, Valve, Microsoft, Apple, Sega, etc... because they don't care about you, only your money, this is why loyalty to any brand is fucking RETARDED. Because this blind loyalty prevents people from holding these companies accoubtable for the bullshit they pull, and instead fanboys will point fingers at the opposition to defend their favorite brand. Sony has in fact gotten a lot of shit for their bullshit during the PS3/Vita era, and they corrected that shit to stay alive. Microsoft is getting shit NOW, and they are correcting that shit to stay alive. Nintendo on the other hand has been fucking its fans since the Wii, but you retards keep sucking their tiny dicks while pointing fingers at everyone else. Nintendo USED to be great, but you fuckers ruined it.

Kys you Nintendildo, I hope you get cancer.
>>
>>378943047
This. I own every single Sony console but their fan base on /v/ is so defensive and loud, they can't take any criticism of their beloved Sony.
>>
>Why does /v/ have this weird vendetta against Sony
Nigger what?
First of all the I would say the /v/ platform population is around 35% Nintendo,40% Sony, 25% PC and 15% Microsoft so the if one side seems more dominant then it's just one side being particually noisy.
I'm a multiconsole fag but I honestly believe that a large section of Sony fans are the worst population on the website.
No other community moves goalposts and flipflops more than Sony fans,Jim"Unironically has a wife's son"Sterling is now discussed frequently in a positive way ONLY because he gave BOTW a 7/10 after years of being called a SJW. I have seen then defend fucking Ashley Burch because she voiced Aloy in HZD which is at best an 8/10 in gameplay and a 3/10 in story.
I miss the time when console wars were done ironically
>>
>>378955629
>35% Nintendo,40% Sony, 25% PC and 15% Microsoft
You've got to be joking. Try 70% PC, 15% Sony, 15% Nintendo. Microsoft is irrelevant.
>>
>>378943112
Or maybe Xbox is seen as Murrica cancer while Nintendo ignores Europe completely?

Sony can't lose here because the others don't even try.
>>
sony is a shit company but nintendies are the most aggressive and obsessed autistic fanboys on the planet. they have a sick obsession with sony for some reason.
>>
>>378942961
/v/ hates Sony for some reason
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.